Things You Hate About Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I hate about Valentine's Day are those disgusting chalk heart things.. I can't even bring myself to call them candies.

Oh, and Palmer chocolate. Never buy your loved one Palmer's chocolate. It's disgusting.

Don't buy them chocolate at all.

Real love says Lays on the bag.

In school, every corner becomes a make-out comer.

People won't share their chocolate because it's "special". It's just cocoa beans made to be delicious so spread the wealth people.

The fact that people would even need a holiday to celebrate love. Seriously, you don't need that crap, love should be celebrated every single day! And not just romantic love, either, we can't just neglect the love we feel for our family and friends. I express my gratitude towards the people I love every chance I get, and I don't need no stinkin' holiday to remind me.

Things I hate about Valentine's Day?

I hate how everything's just companies pushing you to BUY BUY BUY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EXPRESS LOVE FOR SOMEONE AT ANY POINT NOT DESIGNATED A HOLIDAY
I hate the idea of it. A day to celebrate love? Fantastic idea. Do you know what else is a good day to celebrate love? EVERY OTHER FUCKING DAY OF THE YEAR.
Romance in general makes me want to throw up. I'm not even joking, I am physically repulsed by the very idea of being in love. So me seeing reminders to express your desire not to die alone and unloved pretty much makes me unable to walk into a supermarket without needing to take a crate of sick bags with me.
The chocolate isn't even that good. It's the mass-produced shit that tastes like somebody mashed a load of raw cocoa beans together and moulded it into a heart. It's cheap after the day though, so I guess I can't really complain.
The movies that run on TV are the most banal crap I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing the first five minutes of. It's like somebody sifted through a bargain bin to find the dullest and the worst romance movies man has ever produced.
And it's just... No person in the right state of mind would ever consider the day anything more than a sham to line the pockets of some fuckwad in a mansion that has no issues when it comes to manipulating people's emotions for profit. It's a Hallmark Holiday. You buy shit you can't afford for somebody that doesn't want it to fill the coffers of somebody that would set an orphanage on fire if it got them a fiver.

Valentine's Day is the biggest yearly crock of shit to rear it's ugly head, along with Halloween.

Reactions: ElBell
I hate that I'm no longer in elementary school so I no longer get candy from almost everyone anymore. Also getting the whole "Well you can be my valentine's son." from my mum, my Oedipus has its limits.

One of these days I'm going to find a girl for the sole reason to get my mom to realize that yes I actually do like girls and that I'm not hiding in the closet. Now it gets to the point she says "but there will be cute guys there." instead of girls to try to get me to go to parties, and its embarrassing. It's like one of those things where the more you deny it the more the other person thinks its true.

/rant

The only thing I hate about valentine's day is that I'm not spending it with one of you.

rawr

I hate walking into stores and seeing all that candy on display. *drools... Who gives a fig about being single. CANDYYYY!!

I hate all the people that complain about valentine's day, be absolute ASSHOLES about it and then try to ruin the good mood of others. Just like those people that complain mercilessly about Christmas and other holidays. T_____T The ones that actually go out of their way to sit around trashing it while you're trying to get in to the spirit of things.

YES it's become a marketing ploy to make money just like EVERYTHING is!

No it's NOT there just to rub couples love in the faces of singles. Love isn't just about couples. >:[

I hate papayas, but I don't go around screaming it every time Papaya Day comes along. ;__;

Valentine's Day means couples hugging each other and blocking the path to the classrooms and even if you ask them nicely they just tell assume you're rude because 'you don't understand their love for each other and how much they'll miss each other'.

It's just 1.5 hours until recess...

*looks at a couple* If only I have a girlfriend...~

(FOREVER ALONE MODE ON)

I hate papayas, but I don't go around screaming it every time Papaya Day comes along. ;__;
Upon Googling this, I was saddened to know that National Papaya Day is not a thing, but June is National Papaya Month?

I hate Valentine's Day because it inspired this thread which told me that we have a month devoted to papayas in the United States.

but June is National Papaya Month?

OH GOD THERE IS A WHOLE MONTH DEDICATED TO THEM? ;____; Why is everyone complaining about Valentine's, we should be complaining about THAT!

I hate that I'm usually alone on Valentine's. Even if I'm in a relationship, I'm alone on the day.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My facebook games has been valentinified D:

Reactions: firejay1
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My facebook games has been valentinified D:
I feel you.

I'm going to quote Black Widow for this one:

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

Yeah. The excessive snogging gets sort of overwhelming. Especially for some aces, such as myself. A quick kiss or peck on the cheek is totally fine, but those cases where people end up with their tongues down each other's throats... I shudder at the mere thought. If you wanna do that, at least wait until you're somewhere private. The general public isn't interested in how long you can make out without coming up for air.

The innuendos about who gets laid or not are kind of irritating, as well.

• Love
Reactions: dragonesper
Status
Not open for further replies.