These Violent Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex nodded, before following Yun out to her truck and climbing in. He wondered if Edward had tracked them yet, or if he was even trying to. He pulled out his phone and scrolled down through the information. He'd found the number of the phone and had given it to Yun and her brothers on the way up so that they could contact him if they needed. Andy had his phone out and was doing the same thing. The speedster had taken one of the back seats, and Alex climbed into the front beside Yun, pulling the door shut.

Sarah nodded and followed Darcie out to the car. Honestly, she was a little happier that she wasn't with Yun. It wasn't that she didn't like the other girl- it was rather that she found her intimidating. Darcie and Han seemed a lot more... well, relaxed was the wrong word, but they weren't quite as fierce. She climbed into the back, reading down through Yun's briefing.

Jake ran a hand through his hair as he climbed into Griff's truck. "You're telling me. Still, at least that's a reassurance of the fact that she's the right one to set after whathisface- Edward." He pulled out his phone and started reading through the briefing. He wasn't too worried about it- if needed, he could shift into any of the others and use their abilities.

(I don't mind. I'll say I'll take Yun and Alex's second one, Griff's first and Darcie's group's, if you want? I don't mind taking three, as I've got a decent bit of extra time on my hands. You've also got Hyun-ki and Haneul, so yeah.)

After everyone settled inside, Yun inserted her key into the ignition. She shifted her gears into drive and peeled out of Griffin's sidewalk. "Our first stop is at this location," Yun declared, motioning to the address on her phone. She pulled out of the cul-de-sac, merging with traffic. Her first destination was near downtown. "Nasta Arsenio. Age nineteen. He unlocked his power a week ago. He's a shapeshifter, capable of shifting into any animal form. His family owns a Greek restaurant in downtown," Yun informed. She navigated her way through traffic, heading towards downtown. Based from his file, he would be working right now. "Another shifter will be useful. I'm not much of a smooth talker, kid. If he reacts violently, I'll take it from there," she explained. Yun intended to leave Alex in charge of talking. Her uncouth nature had a tendency of intimidating most people, or create a negative reaction. The last thing she needed was a fight.

Darcie pulled out of the cul-de-sac, heading east. Her target was on the other side of the town, far from Griffin's home. "It will take us awhile to get across town," she warned. Haneul was sitting in the back, staring at the window. He remained silent.

Griffin was the last one to pull out of his driveway. He exited the cul-de-sac, driving towards their first target. "Our first target is twenty minutes away from here," he pointed out. He didn't respond to Jake's remark. He wasn't intimidated by Yun's threat. However, he knew she was serious. It would be highly unlikely for Leon, Darcie, and him to betray Yun. He would rather perish than backstab his friends.

(Sure! So, three for you and two for me? That can work.)

Alex nodded. "Shifters are going to be helpful. And sure, I'll talk. No offence, but you'd probably end up just scaring them away anyway. This also provides an excellent chance to avoid physical contact," He said, indicating his sling. "People tend to avoid injured people." Andy's fingers tapped against his leg. Ever since he'd unlocked his ability, he'd grown a lot more restless. It probably made sense that his body had a lot more energy now, as the extra speed required it. He didn't appreciate the constant restlessness, however. The car journey was going to be unpleasant.

Sarah nodded. "The only thing is that it's still pretty early. We just might get in ahead of traffic." Their target had the ability of telepathy. She didn't recognise the address, due to being born and raised in San Francisco, until she left for university. But they didn't have any work details, any details about anything. All she knew was that telepathy had the possibility of turning very nasty, very quickly.

Jake nodded, and read out the exact address. "It appears we have an electricity manipulator. Abilities manifested ten days ago, almost caused a city-wide blackout." He whistled, long and low. "Yep, this is going to be risky."

"No offence, but you'd probably end up just scaring them away anyway."

A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "I'm more of a girl of action. That's why you're in charge of talking," she replied. Yun inspected Andy through her review mirror. She noticed his restless behavior. It didn't surprise her, however. It tould take time for him to adjust. Yun made a mental note to alter his training regimen. After they gathered a large group of recruits, Yun intended to start training. It would be foolish infiltrating Edward's base without proper training. Since Edward possessed an extensive file on each recruit, it would be a potential suicide mission. Unfortunately, they didn't have a choice. He needed to be stopped.

Darcie nodded. "It won't take us too long. The traffic is pretty light around this time," she replied. She visited Griffin before. As a result, she knew her way around Chicago. Darcie recognized the address. She understood why Haneul was added to her team. His ability of precognition will come in handy against a telepath. She hoped their recruit wasn't violent. The last thing she needed was Yun tracking down a super in blind rage. She was in charge of protecting Haneul.

Leon mimicked Jake's whistle. "Damn. I can redirect our target's attacks with my ability if it came down to that," he mused. He wondered how far his power limited. Did he have to physically visit the place before creating his rifts? He didn't have time to practice. "I hope our target doesn't have a temper. Yun is enough. We don't need another Spitfire," he added. He leaned back against his seat, staring out his window. Griffin navigated through the traffic with ease, remaining silent.

"We really are like Magneto and Professor X. Or Wolverine. You could be Wolverine either, just without the claws. Nice shirt, by the way." He added, grinning at her. In the back seat, Andy looked out the window and rolled his eyes. It was a good thing that Alex's power required physical contact, otherwise he was in serious danger of getting a fist to the face. And if Yun could read minds, a fist to the face would be the least of his problems.

It didn't take them as long as they expected to get to the address. Sarah climbed out of the house. It looked like a perfectly normal house- then again, Griffin's house looked entirely normal from the outside as well, and it was housing ten supers. An old Mustang sat in the driveway, much like the one her dad had cherished for so long. Sarah looked around, looking for signs of life. The curtains at the front of the house were closed, but as Sarah watched, one twitched slightly. Someone was awake. "Well, time to face the music." She strode up to the door and pressed the doorbell.

They pulled up at the curb, and Jake climbed out, stretching. "So. Apparently he gets coffee in this coffee shop every morning. However, we don't know if the manifestation of his ability spooked him. Still, one way to find out." Jake strode into the coffee shop. It was quiet, and most customers seemed to be getting coffee to go. "What do you guys want? My treat." He pulled out his wallet and grinned at them.

"Or Wolverine...Nice shirt, by the way."

A faint smirk plastered on her face. "I like the sound of Wolverine better. See you rocked the Avengers shirt," she mused. Yun flicked her blinker and turned left on a street. She was currently in downtown, heading for the restaurant. She may of known her way around Chicago, but she never visited this restaurant. Yun wasn't fond of Greek cuisine. She preferred Chinese. "Arsenio's a feral, so don't try to provoke him with I'm not going to hurt you bit. Last time you said that, I had to save you from a vortex of flames," she pointed out. Ten minutes later, she arrived at the restaurant. Yun parked her truck in a large open spot on the sidewalk across from the restaurant. "We need to get him in a secluded place. I suggest talking to him in the alleyway. The last thing we need are witnesses," she declared. Yun stepped out of her truck, locking it on her way out. After she closed her door, she walked around, helping Alex out.

Hyun-Ki noticed the interaction, but remained silent. He preferred not to be hit in the face.

Darcie parked her Escape on the sidewalk across from the house. She stepped out of her car, locking it on her way out. Haneul joined her, flanking her left side. He peered at the house. A small frown marred his lips. "Our target knows we're here," he murmured. He followed Sarah, Darcie close behind. All three of them stood in front of the door, waiting for someone to open it. Haneul flexed his fingers. He focused on monitoring their target's decisions. He would be able to fight against a telepath.

After Griffin parked, he killed the engine. "Keep in on the down low. We don't want other civilians involved," he warned gruffly. He stepped out of his truck, locking it on his way out. Leon flanked his right side. He directed his attention towards Jake. A smirk painted his lips. "Well, aren't you courteous," Leon mused. Griffin shook his head and walked inside, Leon close behind. He scanned his surroundings, focusing on locating their target.

Last edited:
Alex nodded. "Believe me, I learned my lesson from that." He grinned. "An alley also leaves him without a lot of room to cause any trouble." He remarked as Yun climbed out of the truck. He opened the door himself, but to his surprise, she was there to help him out. He grinned at her as his feet hit the pavement. "And they told me chivalry was dead." He teased, stepping back and raising his good hand. "Don't hit me. I'm joking!"

Sarah stared at the door, waiting for a reply. She pressed the doorbell again, running a hand through her hair, before frowning. She bent down to the letterbox and pushed it in, looking around. "Hello?" She called. She rolled her eyes. "Teaching your daughter how to pick a lock is a bad idea, Hank!" She muttered under her breath in a bad imitation of her mother. "Hello?" She called again. "Go away!" A voice called from inside. Sarah squatted to look in the letterbox again. "My name is Sarah Williams. I-" The voice was nearer this time. "You don't know what you're dealing with." Sarah looked around as well as she could through the doorstep. "Would you believe me if I said that I was like you?" The voice sounded doubtful. "Prove it." Sarah rolled her eyes. "Hold something metal in front of the door." A spoon appeared in front of her vision, making her jump. She stared at it, and it bent over and tied itself into a knot. "Can I come in now? Put it this way, if I was going to hurt you, I would have just kicked this door down already." The door suddenly flew open, and in surprise, Sarah fell backwards. A girl, probably slightly younger than her, stood there. "Hi. I'm Sarah, this is Darcie, and Haneul. Are you Dana? Can we come in?" The girl narrowed her eyes. "Yeah. Are they like you?" She asked. Sarah nodded. "Fine." They followed her into the sitting room, where Sarah sank into one of the armchairs. Dana sank into the one opposite, and Sarah grinned.

Jake shrugged. "Suit yourselves." He strode up to the counter and grinned at the waitress. "Hi. Can I have a mint chocolate frappuchino, please?" The waitress looked him up and down, before smiling back. "Sure, honey. For here or takeaway?" He thought about it for a second. "Take away." It would cause less of a mess if it came to a fight. He looked around as he waited for his drink. His eyes landed on a guy in the corner. He looked thoughtful, and a little frightened. He glanced at his phone, before looking back up at the guy. A likely match. He handed over the money and took a sip of his coffee. "Second table down. Possible match." He muttered, walking past Leon and Griffin. "Hey. Are you Dean Hilborn?" He asked casually. The guy looked up. "Yeah. Who's asking?" Jake grinned. "The name's Jake Brandal. Can we talk to you outside?" He asked. Dean looked up at Griffin and Leon. "Depends. Are those two going to beat me up?" Jake shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee. "Not unless they have to."

"And they told me chivalry was dead."

Yun snorted. She resisted the urge to smack him. "Watch it, kid. I may put you in another sling. Tweedle Dum here would have to help you with everything, including bathing," she snarked, referring to Andy. A smirk plastered on her face. "I'm sure you want to stay straight, right?" she jeered lightly. Yun crossed the street, entering the restaurant. Her brother, Hyun-Ki, was close behind.

"Welcome to Ambrosia. How many?" A waiter questioned. He inspected Yun, frowning at her rugged appearance. It seemed Ambrosia was a classier restaurant filled with fancier clothing. Her leather jacket and combat boots stood out. Hyun-Ki interjected before Yun commented on his pompous look.

"We're not here to dine. Is Nasta Arsenio working today?" Hyun-Ki inquired.

An eyebrow raised in response. "Yes, he's in the back. Are you acquaintances of his?" he replied.

Hyun-Ki grinned. "Of course! We just need to talk to him for a few minutes. It's family emergency," he lied smoothly.

The waiter looked skeptic. "Alright. Wait here." He turned and walked away, heading towards the back door that led to the kitchen.

Yun stared at her brother with amusement. "Should I be proud I taught you how to lie?" she mused.

Hyun-Ki grinned. "I learned from the best," he teased.

A faint chuckle rumbled through her chest. A few minutes later, the waiter returned with a young man. "What's this emergency?" he drawled, a faint Greek accent rolling of his tongue. He folded his arms across his chest. His teal irsies filled with doubt.

Yun motioned for Alex to respond. She jammed her hands in her pockets, staring at a wall.

Darcie waved gently. "Darcie Evergreen," she introduced. She followed Sarah, Haneul close behind. She took a seat on a recliner. Haneul leaned against the wall next to her seat. He peered at Dana. His eyes filled with curiosity. She was around his age. "Haneul Lang," he introduced quietly. His dark brown eyes gleamed a little. A frown marred his lips. "We're not here to cause trouble so I suggest avoid calling the authorities after we leave," he pointed out knowingly, reciting a vision.

She smiled reassuringly. "Precognition," she explained, referring to Haneul's ability. "As for me, I can do this-" she phased her hand through the table in front of her. "Density shifting," she elaborated. Darcie leaned back against her recliner, staring at Dana. "We're here for a simple reason; we need your help. Have you received any mysterious calls lately? From a man perhaps?" she drawled. Darcie needed to confirm before she revealed a few details about her group's cause. It wouldn't be wise spilling everything.

Griffin and Leon followed. Leon snorted at Jake's choice. "And here I thought I was the only one that liked girly drinks," he teased. Griffin rolled his eyes in response. He ignored his friend's antics. He noticed a young man in a far corner. He fit the profile of their target. A few seconds later, his assumption was confirmed by Jake's statement. He dragged Leon away before he could place an order.

"Are those two going to beat me up?"

Leon produced a lopsided grin. "If we wanted to beat you up, I would of acted more aggressive. I'm the type of guy that just drags my target outside instead of making small talk. We're not here for trouble. We just want to ask you a few questions," he assured. Griffin remained silent, flanking Leon's left side. His gaze focused on Dean's hands. His eyes narrowed slightly.

"I see you developed a little social anxiety," he murmured gruffly, pointing at the faint sparks.

"We're like you. How about that chat now?" Leon interjected, motioning for the door.

Andy and Alex looked at each other, shrugging and grinning. They all went in and immediately felt out of place. The restaurant was a lot classier than they were dressed for. Alex just stood beside Yun, trying to avoid the stares of the restaurant's patrons. Hyun-ki took over, and he just stood there, his good hand in the pocket of his jeans. Yun looked at her brother, surprised at his flawless lying. Alex grinned. "Well, you're definitely related any way."

"What's this emergency?" The guy asked. Alex immediately adopted a different posture, coming across as being more open and trustworthy. "We're very sorry to interrupt your day, Mr. Arsenio. May we talk to you outside?" He asked, his voice low and serious. "It's about... The strange occurrences that you've been noticing." He said quietly, staring the other boy straight in the eyes.

Dana opened her mouth and closed it again, shocked at the others' displays of their power. "I'm a magnetism manipulator, by the way." Sarah told her.
Dana shook her head as a way of answering Darcie's question. "No... But I haven't really been answering my phone recently." A dirty cup on the table started to shake a little. Sarah nodded, noticing it. "Okay. Here's the deal. There's this man. His name is Edward, and I don't know his second name. He's recruiting people like us. He gets some of them to do his dirty work... And others go for testing. He's got a wider plan, though, one that could end up endangering the world... And we want to try and stop that. We need people like you to try and stop him." Dana just stared at Sarah. "I know it sounds insane, but..." The brunette stood up. The mug on the table shattered. Sarah glanced at Haneul nervously. "What?" Dana asked. Sarah sat forward in her chair. "We're not trying to force you into anything. But supers need to know about this, and-" Dana shook her head ferociously. "No. You don't want someone like me. I'm dangerous."

The sparks hadn't escaped Jake's attention either. "Listen, it'll be safer for everyone if we take this outside." He said, leaning in a little. The other boy looked at them and nodded, draining his coffee. He closed his fist around the sparks as they headed outside, Jake still sipping his coffee. They went into an alley beside the coffee shop, where Jake leaned up against a wall.

"Okay. What's this about?" Dean asked. Jake stared at him. "We know about your ability. And we're exactly like you." His skin rippled blue, and Dean was standing across from an exact copy of himself- except the copy was holding a coffee and grinning. Dean's eyes almost popped out of his head. Jake shifted back into his own body, grinning broadly.

"...The strange occurrences that you've been noticing."

His eyes narrowed. He averted his attention towards the waiter. "Tell Milan I'll be right back," he ordered. His colleague nodded in response, sensing Nasta's strict tone. He wouldn't dare protest against the son of Ambrosia's owner. After he walked away, Nasta walked out of the door. He turned, walking in an alleyway next to his family's restaurant. "You have five minutes to explain why you're here. I got a morning shift to run," he deadpanned. He stopped, facing the group. His arms remained folded across his chest.

Haneul walked forward, clamping a hand firmly on Dana's shoulder. "Take a deep breath and calm down," he instructed. He peered into her dark eyes. He conveyed a serious, but gentle expression. When he wasn't near Hyun-Ki, he was more compassionate. "I've seen your future Dana. My ability is based on decisions, so the future constantly changes. If we leave you here, you're going to get a call from that man. You're going to refuse like you did with us. However, he's different. He will blackmail you into working for him. That's his style. He doesn't play fair. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants," he informed. He removed his hand, stepping back. "We're dangerous to everyone, including ourselves. None of us have much experience with our power. Darcie just unlocked hers last night," he admitted. He ran a hand through his hair, scratching the back of his head. His eyes averted towards the door. "We're not going to force you. If you really want to be left alone, we'll leave. However, I advise you think about your decision. We're in this together. We intend to help each other and train together. Our mission is stopping a madman with years of experience. It could be a potential suicide mission. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice. Someone needs to stop him," he murmured. He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a wave of awkwardness wash over him. He was never comfortable talking to girls his age. That was his brother's department. "If you think your power is destructive, you should meet my sister. I think both of you can relate," he finished.

Griffin and Leon followed the two out of the coffee shop. Griffin leaned against the wall. Leon stood in middle of the alley. A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "Show off," Leon snarked, referring to Jake's ability. He lifted his hand and whipped it back. His palm illuminated a brilliant neon green. A portal ripped through the air, revealing an image of Griffin's house. "Mystique here can change into any form and adapt to that form's ability. I can create portal rifts. I'm not sure how far my ability is limited, but if you stepped inside this portal, it would take you to his house-" he pointed at Griffin. "-and save you a trip," he added. He closed his fist, cancelling the portal. He folded his arms across his chest.

"My ability can't be demonstrated on a physical based power," Griffin muttered.

Leon patted his friend's back. "His ability is nifty. Some sort of Psionic barrier. He's immune to any mental based power," Leon elaborated.

Griffin stepped forward. "A madman by the name of Edward is traveling the nation, gathering supers like us. However, his purpose is more sinister. His recruits are being used for his dirty work. Others are subjected to cruel experiments. We want to stop him, but we can't do it alone. Our group is too small to face this man. We need allies. We can't promise your safety since this is a dangerous mission, but we can assure control. All of us are going to train together to control our abilities," he pointed out bluntly. His gaze shifted to Dean's hands. "That's what you want most, right? To be able to control your ability and blend in with society?" he inquired.

Leon grinned reassuringly. "That doesn't mean we're going to force you. If you don't want to help, that's fine. However, you need to be warned. At some point, that man will call you. He'll recruit you, but you won't have a choice. He blackmails his victims, forcing them to join him. He won't stop at nothing to get what he wants," he warned.

Alex looked nervously at the others, before looking back at the boy. "I'm Alex. This is Yun, Hyun-ki, and Andy. We're like you. We have abilities too. There's somebody coming after people like us, somebody by the name of Edward. He wants to recruit supers, some for testing, some just to do his dirty work. However, that's not his end goal. He wants to try and turn the whole world into supers. That mightn't sound too bad, but he's not going to play fair. He's going to kill anyone who stands in his way- supers or otherwise. And anyone who refuses to become a super is going to be killed. We're trying to stop him. But we don't have anywhere near the manpower he does, and we need people like you to help us. We'll understand if you don't want to work with us, but if he approaches you and you turn him down, you're going to be dead. So if you don't want to work with us, you need to be prepared." He kept his posture as open as he could, trying to show that he was being honest. Andy just stood there and tried to mimic Alex's posture. Convincing people about things had never been his strong point.

Dana pulled away from Haneul. "No, no, you don't understand!" Her words had done little to calm her down it appears. Everything around her started to shake. "I have no control! I'm dangerous! If he comes, he'll be in danger, just like all of you are." The mirror beside her was vibrating furiously. Sarah stood up, the cutlery on the table rising with her. "Dana-" The other girl was shaking as well now, her hands curled into fists. Sarah noticed a crack appearing in the mirror. She didn't need Haneul's power to tell what was going to happen, and ducked, covering her face. The glass shattered and sprayed into fragments. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" The girl screamed. Sarah uncovered her face carefully, looking around. Glass fragments were still hanging in the air. Really, she was the most at risk. Haneul could predict what was going to happen, and Darcie could just phase through the wall if needed be. "Dana, listen to me." She threw out a hand and the cutlery hanging in mid-air impaled itself in the wall. "None of us can control our powers that well. Your fear and anger is impacting your ability to function. So if you just calm down a little, we can help-" She saw a glass shard flying towards her head and ducked, throwing her hands up. The metal fireplace guard flew up and stopped over her head. The glass bounced off of it. "When I lose control of my power, people get hurt. Things don't just start levitating. They fly towards people, hoping to hurt them."

Dean stared at his hands. They still crackled with electricity, a side effect of his nervous energy. "How do I know you're not the bad guys? How do I know you're not the ones hoping to do evil things?" Jake shrugged. "It's all relative. But I'm pretty sure that in the movies, the bad guys don't usually drink mint chocolate frappuccinos." He took a sip out of his coffee. "And trust me, that Edward is a nasty piece of work. Two of our side had to be rescued from a lab. He's gathered information about you. Literally everything. From what you look like to the first girl you kissed." Dean looked at Jake, who shrugged again. "Okay, I don't know if he actually has that, but you get my point." Dean looked at each of them individually. "How did you guys find me, then?" Jake took a sip of his coffee before replying. "Our two leaders of sorts may have stolen it from him."

Nasta remained silent, listening to Alex's claim. An eyebrow raised in response. His teal eyes filled with doubt. "How do I know you're telling the truth?" he challenged. A part of him wanted to believe Alex, but he was hesitant. His inner animal growled at the thought of being subjected to experiments. He gripped his biceps, shoving his beast back. The last thing he needed was transforming into an animal. "You seem to know a lot about him," he pointed out sharply. A faint growl escaped his lips. His pupils fluctuated, shifting from dilated to slit.

Yun stepped forward, shielding her group. She jabbed Nasta in the chest. "You don't," she deadpanned. She appreciated Alex's work, but he was too soft when it came to negotiating. Some recruits weren't going to react in his favor by showing kindness. Yun assumed Nasta was one of them. "We could be lying straight through our teeth. We could be working for that bastard and you wouldn't know. The choice of believing us is up to you. This isn't a walk in the park, kid. This is war. You could die any moment once we're ready to face Edward," she retorted bluntly. She jabbed him a few times. Her expression twisted with a scowl. "Growl at my brother and you're a dead kitty, got it?" she warned.

Before he could react, the small Asian girl marched forward, jabbing him in the chest. For a small woman, she was intimidating. However, he didn't convey his reaction. Despite her uncouth nature, her brutal honesty struck a cord. They were telling the truth. If he left, who would help his father's business? He was dedicated to Ambrosia. On the other hand, he didn't have perfect control over his ability. Anger became his trigger. He didn't want to hurt his colleagues if they pissed him off. A few minutes later, he sighed. "Am I expected to leave now or can I finish my shift?" he drawled, accepting their offer.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Haneul clutched his head. A powerful vision surged through his mind, piercing through his skull. Darcie wrapped an arm around him, using her ability to phase glass shards through them, leaving them unscathed. She noticed his pained state. What happened? Her eyes filled with concern. She averted her attention towards Dana. A frown marred her lips. Would it be wise recruiting this girl? If she was a danger to Haneul or Hyun-Ki, Yun wouldn't hesitate subduing her permanently. "Only you can control it, Dana! Don't let it control you!" Darcie urged.

Haneul shrugged off Darcie's arm. He stumbled forward, clutching his temple. He placed a firm hand on Dana's shoulder. "It's natural instinct. When you lose control, your body is trying to protect itself. It views everything as a threat so objects hurdle everywhere," he began. He grimaced, gripping his hair. He never witnessed a vision this powerful. It was excruciating. He peered into her dark eyes. "Learning to control your power will stop that instinct. I saw your future, Dana. You're going to die. If we leave you here alone, Edward is going to find you. Do you know what he does to supers with unstable powers?" his voice cracked. His mind recalled that horrible laboratory. He witnessed what type of experiments Edward performed on his patients. He knew what happened to unstable supers. A shiver surged down his spine. Oh god, he knew. When he was stuck in that laboratory, he was forced to foresee every death of those unfortunate souls. "Nothing in the future is solid, Dana. It can be changed. We can help you. None of us have perfect control over our abilities. My sister's ability is far more destructive than yours. You're not alone, Dana. You're not alone," he assured.

"Please, don't make me witness your demise," he added softly.

Griffin unfolded his arms, jamming his hands inside his pockets. "We wouldn't of bother negotiating if we were. Most villains are aggressive and take no for an answer. We're giving you a choice," he pointed out. His gaze remained fixated on Dean's hands. If Dean agreed to help them, he needed to learn how to channel his energy. The last thing he needed was his friends being electrocuted. "They stole a laptop from Edward. He has a file on every super. He gathered excruciating details about us," he revealed. He lifted his gaze and inspected Dean's face. "I have a friend who can help you with your ability. It's similar to hers," he explained.

Alex stepped back and let Yun do a little talking. She said it to him straight, which seemed to work better for him. Alex shrugged as he asked if he could finish his shift. "Go ahead, man. We've got to talk to somebody else anyway." He told him the address, before taking out his phone and looking at the details of the next person they were approaching. Andy mimicked him and looked at Yun and Alex. "Technopathy? Seriously? How is that going to come in handy?" Alex looked at his friend and raised an eyebrow. "Because we can minimise communications, monitoring, shut down security systems, and manipulate things such as CCTV. Don't write it off straight away, dude." Andy shrugged.

Dana took a deep breath. The shards dropped to the ground. The blonde in front of her lowered the fire guard, and she looked at the Asian in front of her. "You promise you'll be able to help me?" Sarah nodded. "Absolutely. It's a lot better than the alternative, anyway." Dana nodded, looking at the others. "Okay. Okay, I'll do it. But I could hurt any one of you-" Before she even got to finish, there was a pounding at the door. Sarah looked at the others, a shiver running down her spine. She went to the door and looked through it, before quickly ducking away and running into the sitting room again. "There's a guy in a suit, flanked by two shaved monkeys. I'm guessing that's Edward. He obviously skipped his coffee break." She hissed, keeping her voice down. There was even more pounding on the door. "Miss Smith? I know you're in." The door shook again, more vigorously this time. Sarah started looking around for anything metal she could use as a way of defence.

Dean looked at them, curling his hands into fists. "Okay. I'll help. I'm just saying, in a fight, I could be a little like having your own little lightning bolt. So I'd advise investing in some rubber soled shoes." Jake shrugged and took another mouthful of coffee. "In that case, you can come with us. I don't think Griffin here would appreciate you frying all the electrics in his house. Where to now?" He asked, looking at Leon and Griffin.

"Go ahead, man..."

Nasta nodded. He incorporated the address to his memory. Fortunately, he worked the morning shift only for today. He brushed past the group, entering inside Ambrosia. Dread clawed at his heart. He hoped he was making the right decision. Nasta shook his head, clearing his thoughts. He walked back into the kitchen, preparing for the morning rush.

Yun slapped Andy upside the head. "Grow a brain, kid," she deadpanned. She exited the alleyway, Hyun-Ki close behind. She crossed the street, walking towards her truck. After she unlocked it, Yun stepped inside the driver's seat. Her brother climbed into the back, resuming his previous position. Suddenly, his phone buzzed. Hyun-Ki fished out his cell from his pocket, swiped his thumb across the screen, and held it to his ear. "Did you get the girl?" Hyun-Ki inquired. His eyes widened completely.

"What?" he exclaimed. His eyes filled with alarm. "No, no, I'll be there. Darcie's Escape is parked near the house, right?" his voice conveyed panic. "Good. If Darice used her ability, he won't be able to touch all of you. Go through the back. I'll bring the Escape around," he declared. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "I don't need the keys. I'll hot wire it!" he hung up. Hyun-Ki stared at Yun.

"Edward's in Chicago. He's visiting Han's target," he revealed.

Yun stiffened. "What?" she snapped. Yun stepped out of her driver's seat, throwing Andy the keys. She opened the back door, grasping Hyun-Ki's wrist. "If you think you're going alone, you're wrong. I'm coming with you," she announced.

Hyun-Ki shook his head. "You can't! He's targetting Alex and you!" he pointed out.

Her gaze narrowed. "He's also targeting you two," she countered.

Hyun-Ki froze. "W-what?" he breathed.

A sigh escaped her lips. "I discovered more about his plan. That's not important. I won't lose you two again. He'll kill Darcie and Sarah. I can't let that happen. You're taking me with you and that's final," she finished.

"What about the other recruit?" Hyun-Ki reminded, referring to their mission.

"Saving my family and friends are more important than a bloody recruit," Yun retorted. Her eyes averted towards Alex. "Call Griffin. Update him about this situation. Don't follow us. Focus on our last target. I'll call you after everything is safe," she informed. Yun dragged her brother out of her truck, forcing him to stand. She grasped his wrist firmly. "We can't let him discover we're staying at Griffin's house," she warned. A few seconds later, her brother vanished, leaving a trail of dark blue smoke.

totoro-gif-tumblr-divider1.gif

"You promise you'll be able to help me?"

Haneul produced a small, gentle smile. "Cross my heart," he promised. Moments later, a gasp escaped his lips. His head whipped towards the front door. A familiar voice answered from the opposite side. He stumbled back, fear shining through his dark brown eyes. He scrambled for his cellphone, dialing his brother's number. He conversed with his brother, keeping his voice low. After he ended the call, Hanuel directed his attention towards Darcie. "We need to sneak through the back. If you use your ability, we won't be hit. Hyun-Ki is going to bring your Escape around," he said. Haneul walked out of the living room, heading for a backdoor. Darcie followed him, motioning for Dana and Sarah to follow. She bit her lip nervously. What happened if she wasn't capable of transferring her powers to those she touched? Darcie swallowed her fears. She didn't have a choice.

Hyun-Ki and Yun materialized inside Darcie's Escape. A groan escaped her lips. She massaged her forehead, feeling a migraine seeping through her skull. "I think I'll never get use to it," she muttered. Yun peered out the window, scanning her surroundings. The Escape was parked across the street, down a few blocks. She spotted a familiar face. Anger bubbled inside her chest. "We need a distraction," she declared. An impulse surged through her. She opened the door, stepping out.

"Are you crazy? He'll see you and know we're in Chicago! Get back in the car!" Hyun-Ki hissed.

"It doesn't matter! After we picked them up, he'll recognize us. He'll know either way! I can't afford him following you. His attention needs to be averted. I'll give you guys enough time to drive off. Haneul will monitor his decisions, preventing you from being discovered," Yun remarked.

Hyun-Ki gritted his teeth. "No! Why do you have to play hero? Let us protect you for once! I don't want to lose my sister again!" he snapped.

Her expression softened a bit. "We'll lose everyone if he discovered our location. Tell Alex I'm sorry," she murmured. She climbed in Darcie's car half-way, hugging her brother tight. "Save Haneul and the others for me, Hyun. You're the real hero. I'm just a reckless idiot," she whispered. Yun moved away, closing the door. She jogged towards the house, retrieving a marble from her leather jacket. She channeled kinetic energy inside her object, charging it. Yun stopped a few meters away from the house. Her marble levitated above her open palm.

"Always the businessman, eh, Edward?" Yun sneered. She threw the marble in front of her, watching as it landed a few feet away from Edward's group. A large explosion erupted on impact, creating a cloud of smoke. Her hands crackled with kinetic energy, illuminating a brilliant neon purple. She fortified her mental defenses, cutting off any information that related to her group. He wouldn't be able to penetrate her mental barriers that easily. "How about we settle this, right here," she jeered.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "I think you'll fit in our group perfectly," he declared. A grin plastered on his face. It was hard maintaining his serious demeanor. His laid back nature prevented him from being cold. However, if he was pissed off, it was a different story. Leon fished out his cellphone, staring at his text.

"Our next stop isn't too far from here. Arabella De Rosa. Her ability is called Organic Matter manipulation. Based from Yun's description, she's capable of changing someone from inside and out. Her touch is currently on default, turning every cell in the body into a healthy one, sort of like a disinfectant. However, if she trained her ability properly, she could take it a step further and change the very nature of the cells. With the right amount of power and concentration, she could alter a person's identity. A fair-skinned person could become dark-skinned, a man could become a woman..." Leon winced at the last piece of information. "A human into a super," he finished.

Griffin frowned. "If Edward recruited her, he would be one step closer to his goal. Right now, she's just a healer, capable of healing others and herself," he summarized. He walked out of the alleyway, motioning for everyone to follow. Griffin crossed the street, sauntering towards his truck.

Alex felt his stomach drop through the floor. "Are you serious? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck." He said, running his good hand through his hair. He raised both eyebrows as she told him just to call Griffin. "Don't be stupid, Yun, of course I'm coming with you-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before she disappeared. He yelled at the empty space where she's been only moments ago. "I'm going to kill her. If she makes it back, I'm going to kill her." He muttered, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Andy just stood there, looking concerned. He didn't know what he was supposed to do. Alex and Yun were a perfect pair. As much as they joked about being like Magneto and Professor X, they really were like two fictional leaders. Even Hyun-ki was a part of that group. He felt out of his depth.

"Griffin, it's me. Edward's in Chicago, he just turned up at the house Darcie and her group were targeting. Yun has gone to try and sort things out. This is exactly why she only gave us the addresses we needed. Anyway. I have to go deal with this next recruit. I'm going to kill her when she gets back. I'll keep you updated."

Sarah was trying her best to use the metal in the door to hold them back as Haneul talked to his brother on the phone. Eventually, she knew that it wasn't doing much good, and ran back into the sitting room, grabbing some of the cutlery from the wall. Sarah followed Darcie out at Haneul's instructions, and the other girl followed, her knuckles white. Dana led them to the door and pulled it open, but Sarah froze. She heard voices- one that was familiar. Yun. "We can't leave her here! She could die!" She hissed at the others, her face as white as a sheet. Gunshots suddenly ricocheted through the house, and she looked at the others. "GO! Bullets are metal, I might be able to protect her!" She screamed, shoving them all towards the door.

"So we definitely can't afford to waste time." Jake remarked, climbing into the truck. Dean followed, the sparks in his hands starting to fade. "We need to get to her as soon as possible. If Edward gets to her, we're all done for. It'll also be handy to have a healer on our side." Jake continued, taking a sip out of his coffee. "What can this Edward guy do? I'm guessing he's like us." Dean asked, looking at the others. Jake shrugged. "Not quite sure. All I know is that he's a nasty little bugger. Griffin, your phone is ringing."

Edward stared at the girl in front of him, smiling. "Ah, Yun. Good to see you're working on controlling your power. How's Alex? Have you ditched him already?" He asked, like they were simply having coffee. "Or are you trying to protect him?" He chuckled a little. "You're wasting your time, sweetheart. You may have my laptop, but I have years of work." He scowled suddenly. "And I will not hesitate to kill anyone who stands in my way. Super or not. And you know as well as I do that you're a ticking time bomb. You're terrified about hurting your friends. You are a liability, and liabilities must be dealt with. Permanently." He snarled. The two men behind him raised their guns in perfect sync. He moved so he was out of their line of fire, before they started squeezing the trigger.

(Just a head's up- I've got family dating at the moment, so my posting is going to be down a lot for the next few weeks)

"Griffin, your phone is ringing."

Griffin fished out his phone from his pocket. He swiped his thumb across the screen and held the device to his ear. "Hello?" he answered. He stiffened in response. His face contorted with anger. "What?" he seethed. He listened to Alex intently, letting the words sink in. Yun was in danger. She was sacrificing herself to save Darcie's group. He gritted his teeth in aggravation. She ignored all of his warnings! "Got it," he finished. He hung up his phone and pocketed it. His hands curled into fists. A part of him was relieved he didn't possess a physical power. It wouldn't be able to handle his unbridled rage. Griffin intended to beat the crap out of his friend if she survived. A man hitting a woman? Ha! That immoral act didn't apply to Yun.

"Griff, what happened?" Leon pressed. He clamped a hand down on Griffin's shoulder.

Griffin shrugged it off. "Yun's playing hero again. Edward's in town and targeting Darcie's group," he explained.

Leon froze. "What?" he breathed. His reaction was different. Fear clawed at his heart maliciously. It was his first stage of shock. A few minutes later, it would transform into anger. "Fuck," he swore. He racked a hand through his hair. He wanted to drop everything to save his friends, but he couldn't. Recruiting the healer was more important, much to his dismay. If Edward nabbed her, they were done for. "Let's hurry. If we can recruit her soon, we'll be able to help," he declared. He walked around Griffin's truck, stepping inside the passenger seat.

Griffin climbed into his driver's seat. "Hn," he grunted. After everyone settled inside his truck, Griffin shifted the gears to drive and pulled out of the sidewalk. He gripped his steering wheel tightly. "You better survive this, you bitch," he thought He flicked his blinker, turning left at an intersection. Despite his rage, Griffin was aware Yun's brother, Haneul, was in danger. He knew it was her main motive. On the other hand, his anger didn't simmer. She needed to learn to rely on others.

A bitter laugh escaped her lips. "Unfortunately for you, I know how to play your game. I've dealt with big shots like you before, Edward. You're predictable," she sneered. She remained in her spot, standing near his group defiantly. Her hands crackled with kinetic energy. She ignored his taunts. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of witnessing her reaction. Yun was pissed off. "If I explode, I'll make sure to drag you to hell with me!" Yun snapped. She crouched defensively, prepared to strike. She didn't flinch at the guns pointed at her. Did he really think she would cringe at weaponry? A dark smirk plastered on her face, twisting her expression. "Funny, based from the files I've read, you need me. My DNA is perfect for your project, isn't it? You may need Alex more, but I'm your perfect lab monkey. What happened to turning me into your ultimate weapon?" she mocked. After his men pulled the trigger, Yun dove to the ground, dodging the bullets. She slammed her hands on the ground, generating a shock wave. Energy ripped through the ground, streaking towards Edward. An explosion erupted from impact. Yun scrambled to her feet, lunging into the cloud of smoke. She managed to disarm one men and retrieve his gun. Before he could retaliate, she shot him in the head. After that day in Edward's apartment, Yun changed She didn't hesitate killing an innocent man following Edward's orders. She never felt so alive! Adrenaline surged through her veins. A searing pain pierced through her stomach, shattering her moment. A faint gasp escaped her lips. Her dark brown eyes gleamed a sinister purple. "You fucking bastard!" She shot the other man in the chest before she crumpled, falling to her knees. She dropped her gun in the process. Yun clutched her stomach. Rivulets of blood seeped past her fingertips. Her face contorted with pain. Yun lifted her head, glowering at the man she loathed. She grasped his ankle. "If I'm going to die, you're coming with me," she snarled. Her hand sparked with kinetic energy. She wouldn't hesitate to ignite him if he pointed a gun at her. Yun struggled to breath. Her vision was fluctuating. If she wasn't taken to a hospital, she would die from blood loss.

"No matter what you say to me, you can't deny your own desires. I'm a big part of your plan. Killing you wouldn't solve everything, but it will prevent more supers falling under your manipulation," Yun sneered. She coughed, spewing out blood. A grotesque grin painted her lips. "You may have years of experience, but I know how your type thinks. You're more predictable than you appear, Edward. I won't hesitate to kill anyone that threatens my family and my friends. Haven't you watched the movies? The villain always loses," she jeered.

Hyun-Ki hot wired Darcie's Escape, peeling out of the sidewalk. He drove around back, parking near an alleyway next to Dana's house. He honked the horn, alerting his brother's attention. His blood ran cold when he heard gunshots. He prayed for his sister's safety. Haneul grasped Dana's wrist, dragging her towards his friend's Escape. He opened the back door, shoving her inside. He climbed after her, closing the door. Darcie stepped inside the passenger seat. "Hurry! Yun's been shot!" he cried. He massaged his temple. His visions were appearing too fast. It was giving him a migraine. He felt sick to his stomach. If they didn't hurry, his sister would be dead. He saw her future. His brother complied, peeling out of the back road.

"Where's Sarah?" Hyun-Ki inquired.

"Sarah went to help Yun. Her ability will enable her to deflect bullets," Darcie replied grimly.

Hyun-Ki swore. He whipped around the block, turning towards the front. He refused to lose his sister! "Darcie, I need you to help me..." He revealed a plan to his sister's best friend. He intended to stop the car in front of Dana's house. Haneul would take his place, driving the car away. He would use his ability to teleport Darcie to the scene of disaster. Her ability would prevent them from being shot. Haneul would drive away, gaining as much distance as he can. After he grabbed Sarah and his sister, Hyun-Ki intended to teleport them all back inside Darcie's Escape. It would be dangerous, but he didn't have a choice. For the first time in his life, he would be protecting his sister, not the other way around!

(Alrighty. Thanks for the heads up!)

Alex put his phone back into his pocket, striding towards Yun's truck. "You're going to have to drive it." He told his friend. Andy nodded. He still had they keys in his fist, and climbed in, sliding them into the ignition. Alex followed, staring out the windscreen like the road had done him a personal injustice. Their target was maybe five minutes away, and it didn't take long before they were outside. There wasn't a word from either of them as they climbed out, approaching the door. Alex was praying to every single god he didn't believe in that she would be okay, that she'd make it back. Andy pressed the doorbell, watching Alex. He'd never seen him like this. Usually he was so calm and composed. But now he looked like he'd punch anyone who gave him the slightest strange look. A girl answered the door, looking at them. "Carolina Ramsay?" Alex asked. She leaned against the door, folding her arms. "Who's asking?" Andy looked at Alex. "I'm Andy, this is Alex. Can we talk to you?" She raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to try and sell me some shit? Because if you are I'm going to slam this door in your face and not look back. Same goes if you're going to try and convert me to any religion." Alex smirked a little. "Nope. We're like you. Andy, do a lap of the block." His friend looked at him, before shrugging and disappearing. Barely a second later, he appeared beside him, barely out of breath. Carolina stared at him. "You'd better come in."

Sarah took a few deep breaths and strode into the room. Yun was on the ground. She'd been shot, and there was a lot of blood. Sarah swallowed her fear and looked straight at the man in the suit. He was holding a gun that he was pointing at Yun. It didn't move as he looked at her. But surprise did appear on his face. "Miss Williams? I didn't expect to see you here." Sarah was aware of something pressing in on her mind and pushed out with all her strength as she narrowed her eyes. "I really don't think that matters." She answered, the cutlery in her hand. "Did Yun here recruit you? Or was it Alex?" He asked, still pointing the gun at Yun. "Neither. I had a close shave on the way down, almost got in a car accident. My power kicked in almost And when I saw my friend who had been missing for over a week, I got curious. Followed him. And he's just had to put up with me ever since." His eyes widened as he realised that she could use her ability. His finger curled around the trigger, the gun pointed at Yun's head. In that quick moment, she jerked her hands up. The gun flew out of his hand and smacked him on the forehead. The bullet fired as it moved, but she forced it to slow down and curve towards her. The gun flew over and landed in her hand, and the bullet did the same. She lifted the gun, and he ran. She squeezed the trigger, but she wasn't used to a gun and didn't stand a chance of hitting a moving target. He was gone before she could do anything else. She threw aside the bullet and ran over to Yun, dropping to her knees. "Oh god. Oh fuckity shit bollocks." She muttered. There was blood everywhere. She looked around for something to use as a compress, but ended up having to use her own shirt. She pressed it to Yun's stomach. "Come on, don't go to sleep. Stay with me." She told the other girl.

Jake tapped his fingers against his leg as they drove. He hadn't known Yun all that long- but that didn't make him any less worried. He didn't want to think what would happen if she didn't come back. Her friends would be devastated. Alex would have to try and finish things, with half of his group having lost their best friend, and he having lost his partner. He took a deep breath and took another mouthful of coffee. Dean was simply staring out the window, confused as to what was happening.

"Oh god. Oh fuckity shit bollocks."

He was gone. Edward escaped. She failed. Anger bubbled inside her chest. She was this close, this close! However, Sarah ruined her moment! She allowed Edward to escape! She didn't want to be saved! She was willing to sacrifice her life to murder Edward. Unfortunately, it didn't matter. She was too late. Her body filled with molten hot lava. A puddle of blood formed beneath her knees. Yun coughed harshly, spewing more of that crimson liquid. A shot to the stomach was a slow, excruciating death. Most sadistic serial killers were notorious for using this method to torture their victims. Her vision was swarming. A pained groan escaped her lips. Her hearing dulled, muffling Sarah's frantic voice. Yun collapsed against her side, holding her stomach. She was on the verge of unconsciousness. Yun was losing too much blood.

"YUN!" Hyun-Ki materialized next to his sister's side, Darcie next to him. His eyes widened in horror. He resisted the urge to vomit. There was so much blood. Hyun-Ki dropped to his knees. He fumbled for his cellphone. His hands was trembling. He managed to dial a number. "A-Alex?" he began. Tears pricked at his eyes. Oh god, there was too much blood. He didn't realize he was going into shock. "She's been shot, Alex. She's been shot! There's so much blood-" he stammered. A lump formed inside his throat, preventing him from continuing. A few seconds later, Haneul joined his brother's side. He didn't listen to his brother's plan. He couldn't let his recent vision come true. He refused to lose his sister! "The nearest hospital is too-" he was cut off by Darcie, whom snatched the cellphone away from him,

"She's been shot in the stomach. I remember Griff's last recruit being a healer. The address is closer than the nearest hospital. Meet us there after you're done," she finished. Darcie hung up. A shiver surged down her spine. It was a miracle she managed to compose herself long enough to converse over the phone. Fear clawed at her heart maliciously. Her best friend was on the ground, dying. She didn't know how to react. A disarray of emotions circulated inside her chest - fear, denial, pain, grief, worry. However, she couldn't afford crumbling, not now. Yun needed her. "I'll drive. Transfer her to the car. I may end up getting a speeding ticket after this," she announced. Darcie jogged towards her Escape, stepping inside the driver's seat.

Hyun-Ki and Haneul carried Yun towards Darcie's Escape, propping her against the backseat. Haneul motioned for Sarah to follow before climbing inside the back, flanking his sister's left side; Hyun-Ki mirroring her right. After everyone was settled inside, Darcie peeled out of the sidewalk. She wasn't joking when she claimed she would get a speeding ticket. Darcie didn't hesitate to drive as fast as she could towards Griffin's last recruit's address.

Silence fell over the group. Griffin didn't speak a word. Leon was staring out the window. Ten minutes later, they arrived at their last destination. Griffin parked in front of an apartment complex. His target's last known location was inside her home. He killed the engine, stepping outside of his truck. Once he locked it, Griffin stormed towards the entrance. His friend's life was on the line. He would have to make this meeting quick. Leon followed his best friend, noticing his behavior. A small frown marred his lips. He made a mental note to do the talking. His friend was in no condition to negotiate. The group walked down a hallway on the first floor, stopping in front of a door; room 124. Leon rapped the door a few times. Moments later, the door opened, revealing a young woman.

"Yes?" she inquired softly.

Leon plastered a small, reassuring smile on his face. "Arabella De Rosa?" he countered.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Yes, that's me. What do you want?" she informed.

Leon rubbed the back of his neck. "May we come in? It's best we discuss this privately," he replied.

Her eyes averted towards his group. "What's this about?" she demanded.

"Your ability," Griffin deadpanned.

Her eyes widened slightly. "A-Alright," she complied. Arabella stepped back, allowing the men to enter. She closed her door behind her. "How did you know about that?" she questioned.

Griffin was cut off by a ringtone. He fished his cellphone out of his pocket, swiped his thumb across the touchscreen, and held it to his ear. "Yeah?" he answered. He stiffened in response. His face paled. "What?" he exclaimed. He dropped his phone and stepped forward, grasping Arabella's arms. "How advanced is your healing?" he demanded.

Arabella gasped. "E-excuse me?" she stammered.

His expression twisted with a scowl. "Are you capable of healing gunshot wounds?" he grilled.

Fear shined through her eyes. This man was intimidating. He looked like he was going to rip her to shreds. "I-I think so. I n-never had to heal a wound that severe," she admitted.

Griffin grunted in response. "You're getting your first patient. My friend was shot and you need to heal her," he replied.

Her heart filled with dread. "S-shot? What's going on? Why are you guys here?" she snapped.

Leon pulled Griffin back, shoving him towards the wall. "Please forgive him Miss De Rosa. If what he says is true, we need your help. Please. I promise we'll explain everything afterwards," he assured gently. A sense of urgency leaked through his calm tone. He hoped this woman wouldn't refuse. Leon is the only one capable of holding Griffin back if that happened. He couldn't guarantee Arabella's safety if Griffin lost his temper. "Please," Leon added.

Arabella didn't know how to react. She was overwhelmed. She bit her lip nervously. "A-Alright, I'll do my best," she agreed.

His heart filled with relief. "Thank you," Leon murmured.

Darcie arrived at the apartment under fifteen minutes. She parked behind Griffin's truck, killing the engine. Darcie stepped outside her car, locking it behind her. She jogged around her Escape, opening the back door. She helped Hyun-Ki lift Yun out of her car. Suddenly, a portal rift ripped through the air, revealing a frantic Leon. He noticed Darcie's Escape from Arabella's window. He didn't hesitate using his ability. His expression twisted with anguish. "Fuck," he swore. His accent thickened, a result from his distress. Leon picked up Yun, carrying her bridal style. He entered his portal, motioning for the others to follow. After everyone stepped inside, his rift closed. Leon appeared inside Arabella's living room, clutching his bleeding friend. His stumbled across the room, collapsing in front of a couch. Leon laid Yun down, removing his hands. His arms were stained with her blood. Leon swallowed the bile that raised inside his throat. Yun looked like death. Her skin was extremely pale, a result from blood loss.

"Oh my god," Arabella gasped. She never expected this. She bolted towards the smaller woman, kneeling in front of her. "Someone, get me a towel, a basin of water, my first aid kit, and bandages!" she snapped. She pulled up the girl's shirt, checking her wound. She needed to remove the bullet before using her ability.

They followed her in, heading into the kitchen. A laptop sat on the table, and with a look, she sent it to sleep. "How long have you had your ability?" Alex asked. She shrugged. "'Bout a week. I adapted to it pretty easily. You guys want a coffee?" Alex shook his head, as did Andy. She made herself a coffee and leaned against the counter. "Let me guess. You need me to help save your ass." Alex shrugged. "Close enough. It's more saving the world's ass." His phone started ringing, and he looked at the contact. Hyun-ki. He looked at them. "I've got to take this- Andy, you explain to her." He left the room, leaving Andy leaning against the back of the chair a tad awkwardly. "What happened to your friend's arm?" She asked. He ran a hand through his hair. "Gunshot." She nodded.

"A-Alex? She's been shot, Alex. She's been shot! There's so much blood-" Hyun-ki stopped. Alex felt his heart stop for a moment. No. No, this wasn't happening. God, he hadn't even tried to stop her and now she had been shot and it was his fault. He didn't hear anything else until he registered that it wasn't Hyun-ki's voice any more. It was Darcie, telling him that one of their recruits was a healer and was nearer than a hospital. "Okay. Give me a few minutes." He hung up, staring at the floor. He felt sick. She couldn't die, she just- she couldn't! Hatred for Edward swelled inside him, as well as fear and dread. He went back into the kitchen, where Andy and Carolina were still talking. "Yun's been shot. Badly. They're bringing her to a healer because-" His voice caught and he took a deep breath. "They're not going to make it to the hospital." He managed to say. Carolina drained her coffee. "Right. I'm coming with you guys. Give me a few minutes." He looked at Alex and back at Andy. "He should probably sit down." Andy nodded, pulling out a chair and gently pushing Alex into it. "Don't blame yourself, dude, you know as well as I do that you weren't going to be able to stop her." He said, putting his hand on Alex's good shoulder. Carolina appeared with a bulging rucksack and a laptop case. She shoved her laptop into the latter. "Let's go."

Andy's foot never left the gas pedal as they headed for the address. The ignition wasn't even off before Alex was out of the truck and sprinting up the stairs. Carolina dumped her rucksack and laptop case, before following them up the stairs. The door was open, and Alex rushed in. Sarah had clearly used her shirt to apply pressure, but there was far too much blood. Yun was white, looking like she wasn't too far from death. Alex just watched, shaking. He didn't even take much notice of their new recruit, standing in the corner with a hand pressed to her mouth.

Jake was a tad unsure of what was happening. Griff got another phone call and the next thing he knew, they were speeding to their next recruit. Poor Dean looked entirely overwhelmed. All either of them had gathered was that Yun had been shot and she was losing far too much blood. Alex, Andy and a girl in a plaid shirt and jeans burst in. Another girl, who looked like she was trying to minimise the amount of space she took up, was sitting in the corner.

"Someone, get me a towel, a basin of water, my first aid kit, and bandages!"

Yun was drifting in and out of consciousness. She opened her eyes, but her vision was blurry. Blotches of color blinded her, eliciting a pained groan. She tilted her head to her side, peering at a familiar face; Alex. "H-hey," she croaked. Her vision fluctuated, preventing her from seeing his form clearly. However, she could tell he was shaking. She mustered a small, weak smile. "I'll be-" she cut herself off. Her body wracked with coughs, spewing blood. A few seconds later, it stopped. Yun leaned back, exhausted. She never felt so weak. Was this how Alex felt? Dark circles imprinted underneath her eyes, a result from her lack of sleep. Her pallored skin enhanced her fatigue. Her body screamed to close her eyes, but her instincts protested. If she succumbed to sleep, she may never wake up. A hand grasped her left palm. A familiar voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Yun, Yun, listen to me. D-don't you dare close your eyes. You're going to be fine," Hyun-Ki urged. His brother, Haneul flanked his right side. He kneeled in front of the couch, near Yun's head. He remained silent. Tears pricked at the corner of his eyes. This was worse than witnessing Yun's first death. He couldn't fathom losing his sister twice. "You need to stay awake. Focus on my voice," Hyun-Ki added.

A ghost of a smile plastered on her face. "T-hank goodness you're safe," she rasped.

Arabella ignored the twins crowding her side. Leon retrieved her items. She opened her first aid kit, extracting a pair of tweezers. She used her towel to wipe away the excess blood. Arabella carefully dug her tweezers inside Yun's wound, searching for the bullet. She wasn't aware of Sarah's ability. To be frank, it would be dangerous if Sarah used her ability. A few minutes later, Arabella removed the bullet. She placed the bloody shell and tweezers on her coffee table. She grasped a rag and sunk it in her basin of water, wringing out excess water. She washed Yun's injury. "I-I'll start the healing process," she announced. After she removed her rag, Arabella pressed her hands on Yun's wound. She breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. She was completely overwhelmed. She was forced in a situation out of her control. However, she couldn't give up. Arabella was in charge of saving a human life. Her healing instincts urged her to comply. Her palms illuminated a shimmering gold. She focused on closing the top layer of skin, preventing blood flow. She watched as Yun's skin stitched itself back together. Arabella delved deeper, healing any trace of internal damage. Her main goal was replenishing Yun's blood cells. It was a miracle she was alive. She lost way too much blood.

Her breathing was labored. Yun struggled to listen to Hyun-Ki's voice. She gripped her brother's hand. "-'m sorry," she mumbled. Her gaze averted towards her group of friends. Darcie was trembling, covered in blood. Griffin flanked her left side, wrapping an arm around her. Leon stood off to the side, staring at his blood stained hands. He looked petrified. All of them were trying to comprehend her current situation. Guilt clawed at her heart maliciously. A part of her regretted her decision. Her eyes shifted to Alex. His silouette was hazy, but she recognized his sling. A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "-never k-new you're capable of-'rrying about me-" she mused. Her vision was darkening. She was losing consciousness. A rare form of remorse reflected her dark brown irises.

"-'m sorry, Alex," she murmured. She closed her eyes and succumbed to unconsciousness. Her grip on Hyun-Ki's hand slackened.

Arabella continued healing Yun, fixing most of her internal bleeding. She bit her lip. Sweat accumulated on her forehead. Arabella struggled duplicating blood cells. It was a strenuous process. A sense of dread settled inside her stomach. If she didn't hurry, Yun would die. She stared at the older woman. A frown marred her lips. Who was she? If her chest wasn't rising and falling, Arabella may of mistaken her for a corpse. "Half way there," she declared. Her gaze focused on Yun's bullet wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.