These Violent Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lump appeared in Alex's throat as she started coughing and blood started spewing from her mouth. He had to take a deep breath to compose himself. He had to keep it together. Her brothers telling her to stay awake didn't make it any easier. He was still shaking and there was still so much blood. He tried to swallow the lump in his throat and failed.

"-never k-new you're capable of-'rrying about me-" Now his eyes were burning. His shoulder was starting to ache from the shaking, but he'd take all the aching in the world if she was going to be alright. He'd gladly give up all painkillers. "-m sorry, Alex," She said, and he saw her hand lessen it's grip on Hyun-ki's. He had to choke back a sob, and walked out of the room, out into the hall. He sank to the floor and pressed a fist to his mouth. He couldn't stop thinking that this was all his fault. She'd been worried about him getting hurt because of his shoulder, and now she was- she was-

He took a deep breath and wiped his face. He laughed a little as he remembered that only a few days ago, he would have thrown a party if she had been shot. Now he was shaking and practically bawling. He took a deep breath and went back in. Nobody passed any comment as he did so, but Andy and Jake shared a look. Jake pulled off his jacket and gave it to Sarah, who was staring at her hands. Carolina had her arm around the other girl, the girl who had obviously come with Darcie's group. The guy, who must have came from Jake's group, just looked concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arabella panted. She was growing weak. She never pushed herself this far. After she triggered her ability, she didn't have to worry about healing others. No one was aware of her ability. Ironically, her body developed a natural healing factor. Every scrape or bruise would heal under seconds. She wasn't sure about broken bones or torn muscles, however. Arabella didn't want to test her limits. She poured all her energy in replenishing Yun's blood cells. Arabella managed to heal her bullet wound, eradicating every trace of the bullet. It was an incredibly strenuous task. She wasn't ware of the full extent her ability. All she knew was healing. A heavy stench of blood permeated the air. She suppressed the urge to vomit. She made a mental note to invest on a new couch. She wouldn't be able to sit on it anymore, not when a dying woman occupied it. Plus, the stains wouldn't wash out. One hour passed since Leon entered Arabella's apartment, carrying Yun. Everyone was on edge. Her stomach twisted in knots. The pressure overwhelmed her. "This group better have a good explanation when I'm done," she thought bitterly.

Darcie broke down after the first twenty minutes. She sobbed against Griffin's chest, confining in her friend. Griffin embraced Darcie, wrapping his arms around her. Albeit, his expression was unreadable, his eyes burned. Leon, on the other hand, didn't bother hiding his tears. He stood off to the side, trembling. Tears slid down his face silently. He remained speechless. After the thirty minute mark, Leon entered the bathroom, scrubbing his hands furiously. Despite cleansing palms from that wretched liquid, the feeling lingered. It would haunt him for the rest of his life. He was close to losing a friend, the one girl that could beat the shit out of him. She may be small, but she was firece. A bittersweet smile painted his lips. He wanted to be angry with her. God, he wanted to reprimand her severely. However, he didn't have the energy. Fear clawed at his heart maliciously, masking his dark emotions. He prayed for Yun's safety.

"No, no, no-" Hyun-Ki cried. He watched in horror as his sister slipped into unconsciousness. He wanted to scream, but he held it back. A sob wracked through his body. His brother, Haneul, clamped a comforting hand on his shoulder. He turned, burying his face against his twin's shoulder. Haneul patted his brother's back, consoling him. His eyes were filled with tears. He managed to maintain his composure. "T-this is Yun we're talking about. S-she's too stubborn to die," Haneul reminded.

"She won't. I'm done healing her. She's going to be fine," Araballa announced.

Silence plagued the air. All of Yun's friends stared at Arabella, including Yun's brothers.

"R-really?" Darcie croaked.

Arabella mustered up a weak smile. "I healed her wound and replenished most of her blood count. I'm not sure if I did a perfect job, but she's stable. This is my first time healing someone, let alone a wound this severe. I did the best I could," she explained. She rose from her spot, teetering towards her side. A wave of dizziness washed over her. She was near her limit. Fortunately, Leon caught her. She thanked him politely in response. "She's going to need a lot of rest. Her body will heal itself naturally. I may of saved her from death, but I don't have enough power to restore her to full health. After I return from the bathroom, I want answers. Someone's going to pay for my new couch," she informed. She brushed past Leon, entering her bathroom. She closed the door behind her.

"Thank god," Darcie cried. She couldn't believe it. Yun was going to live! It was surreal thinking her best friend was on ther verge of death moments ago. Her knees buckled, but Griffin caught her. She sobbed in relief. Her best friend wasn't going to die. "Sh-she's going to be okay," she breathed, disbelief lacing through her tone.

Haneual was currently consoling his brother. His heart filled with relief. He never wanted to endure this experience again. Unfortunately, it could happen. All of them weren't safe, not when Edward lived. He bit his lip. Now wasn't the time to worry. His sister was alive. That was more important than their impeding war. A soft groan alerted him. He whipped his head back, staring at his sister's form. Much to his amazement, her eyes fluttered open. He bit back a laugh. His sister had to be the only person capable of waking up at the most unpredictable moments. He didn't know how it was possible. He doubted she would stay conscious for long.

Color returned to her face. On the other hand, she remained pale. A small groan escaped her lips. Her body ached. She felt like she was mauled by a rapid bear. She opened her eyes. A hiss escaped her lips. She immediately regretted her decision. A swarm of bright lights blinded her. A migraine pierced through her skull. "Fuck," she swore. She lifted her hand and pressed it over her eyes. "Is this hell? I 'hought it 'as suppose to be a pit 'f flames," she slurred. She removed her hand, opening her eyes again. A few seconds later, her vision cleared. She was alive? If she wasn't exhausted, she would of been surprised. Yun didn't expect to survive her injury. What happened?

"Soo-Yun Lang, you're an idiot," Hyun-Ki declared.

Her eyes averted towards her brother. His eyes were bloodshot and swollen, a result from his tears. She mustered up a small smile. "I know," she rasped. She winced, rubbing her throat. Her mouth felt like sandpaper. It was raw from her violent coughing. She scanned her surroundings, noticing a few unfamiliar faces. Her eyes focused on a certain individual. An eyebrow raised in response. "'re those tears I see, Alex? I must be in hell if 'ou're crying over me. Never knew 'ou cared that much," she snarked, slurring her words. Yun offered him a weak smile.

Last edited:
"I healed her wound and replenished most of her blood count. I'm not sure if I did a perfect job, but she's stable. This is my first time healing someone, let alone a wound this severe. I did the best I could," The healer announced. Alex felt the pressure on his chest lifted. The effort of healing such a wound had clearly drained her, but Yun was alive at least.

"'re those tears I see, Alex? I must be in hell if 'ou're crying for me. 'hat happened to 'anting to kill me?" He laughed, wiping his face. "The blood loss is making you hallucinate. I guess you just grew on me." He grinned. Sarah forced a smile on her face, still staring at the blood on her hands. Jake's jacket hung loose on her, but she couldn't deny the relief. Jake and Andy were both grinning widely.

Alex ran his good hand through his hair and slumped against the wall. "Bloody hell. A month ago my biggest fear was failing exams." They laughed, relief flooding through them. Carolina looked down at Dana. The older girl could stare any of the boys in the eye with no problem, standing at 5'11" in her battered red Converse. "See? We're going to be okay." She wrapped an arm around her and ruffled her hair a little. She looked up. "I'm Carolina Ramsay, by the way. Technopath, currently employed by the FBI as tech expert. Fortunately, it's not a full time thing. I come when I'm called."

"The blood loss is making you hallucinate. I guess you just grew on me."

A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "I have that affect on people," she jested. Yun didn't bother rising in a sitting position. She didn't have enough strength. To be frank, she was surprised she woke up. Yun was certain she would of died from blood loss. She wasn't aware of Arabella's healing touch. Her eyes averted towards their new recruits. "Successful I see," she rasped. Hyun-Ki vanished from his spot, entering the kitchen. A few seconds later, he returned with a cup of water. He carefully lifted his sister's head, helping her drink from the glass. He wiped his tears with the ball of his hand. He hated crying in front of others, especially strangers. However, it was inevitable. After Yun drained her cup, he removed it from her lips.

"We're lucky Griff's last recruit was a healer," Hyun-Ki mused.

Yun wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. The icy water soothed her sore throat. "That explains the apartment," she muttered. Her attention averted towards her best friends. All three of them approached her. She mustered up a small smile. "Hey," she began. Before she could continue, Darcie wrapped her arms around Yun, embracing her. She winced from impact. Yun awkwardly returned the hug. Her expression softened a bit. "Easy Dar," she soothed. She stroked her friend's dark hair.

"S-shut up, you bitch. You scared the crap out of me," Darcie mumbled.

Griffin stared down at his friend. "I'm going to kick your ass in our next sparring match," he promised bluntly. His eyes glinted with anger.

Her smile widened. "Looking forward to it," she replied. His comment didn't surprise her. She was aware her reckless stunt garnered negative reactions. She accepted her consequences after leaving Hyun-Ki in the Escape. She was surprised Griffin didn't threaten her with her life. She deserved it. Yun ignored all of his warnings and repeated her same mistake. She was notorious for never following the rules. Yun didn't have an explanation for her stunt. When she realized her brother was in danger, she acted on impulse. Yun knew she was encouraged to rely on others, but it was difficult. Why couldn't she do it herself? She was independent!

"I'll be joining you two," Leon interjected.

Yun winced. It was rare for Leon to volunteer a three on three. He was pissed off. Fortunately, he was too relieved to feel anger. Yun directed her gaze towards Carolina. A small frown marred her lips. "Nifty," she commented. She didn't like the sound of an agent joining their team. She wasn't fond on trusting the government. On the other hand, she would be useful. Based from her background, she must have experience in combat. "My name is Yun. Kinetic manipulation," she introduced vaguely. A few seconds later, Darcie pulled back. A young woman entered the room. Her strawberry blonde hair seemed familiar. Her eyes widened at the sight of her patient. How was she awake?

"This day is full of surprises," Arabella muttered. She folded her arms across her chest. "I want some answers," she announced.

Alex nodded at Carolina's introduction. "I'm Alex, a mental manipulator." Before anybody else could say anything, the healer came in. "I want some answers." She said, folding her arms. Alex ran his good hand through his hair and leaned his good shoulder against the wall. "We've got a lot of explaining to do, I have to admit. I'm Alex, that's Yun..." He pointed out each of the group in turn, passing over the new recruits that he didn't know the name of. "We're supers, like you. Two weeks ago, we died. But as you can see, we didn't die. We met this man called Edward, who, long story short, is an asshole. He wants to take over the world and turn anybody who isn't already a super into a super. But he's not that pleasant about it- he's currently doing some nasty testing. Ask Hyun-ki or Haneul. And he's not afraid to kill anybody who stands in his way. He gave me this, and well..." He gestured at first his shoulder, then Yun.

"We're trying to stop him. We're recruiting other supers, and eventually we're going to get around to training them. We were originally coming to ask you to join us, but... Seriously. We owe you so much for saving her life." He shrugged, before grinning at Yun. "Somebody's got to keep us all in line."

Sarah went into the kitchen and scrubbed her hands vigorously. Even after they were pink from scrubbing, she felt like the blood was still covering them. Jake's jacket felt strange against her skin, and even though she knew everything was alright, she was terrified. Next time, it could be Jake, or Andy, or Alex, or her. And she didn't want to think about it. She headed back into the room, her hands clenched into fists. Jake caught her eye and frowned, but neither said anything.

Arabella listened to Alex's explanation. A frown marred her lips. "How did you know to find me?" she inquired. She pivoted to her left and entered her kitchen. She brewed herself a cup of tea. She needed something to calm her nerves. Arabella felt woozy from her extensive healing. She made a mental note to take a nap after everything was settled. She didn't want to pass out from exhaustion. A few minutes later, she returned to her living room with a cup. She sipped her tea slowly. "I'm just a healer. I wouldn't be useful in combat," she pointed out.

"Somebody's got to keep us all in line."

A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "I'm too stubborn to die," she jested. Yun averted her attention towards Arabella. "We stole a laptop from that bastard. He gathered excruciating intel on all of us. We found you on the list. Your power is more than just healing," she answered. She winced from speaking. Despite her water, her throat was raw. Her speaking was limited. "We got a more serious dilemma now. If Edward is in Chicago, he's recruiting. We can't let him discover our location," she added.

His gaze lowered to the floor. "He's going to recruit a lot," Haneual admitted. He monitored Edward's decisions. He didn't like his results. It was painful watching innocnt people fall for Edward's manipulation.

Yun pressed a hand against her forehead. "Great. It's a bloody contest," she muttered.

Alex looked at the healer. "Like Yun says, there is much more to your ability. We have the details of it. We can help you unlock the full potential of your ability." He nodded at Yun's comment. "It's not a competition, it's a race. We have to recruit as many people as we can before we cross paths again. Because I get the feeling that next time, we're going to have a full battle on our hands. We've also going to have to be strategic about it- we need to get supers that will help us fight."

Carolina shrugged. "Why not get humans involved as well? More firepower, and easier to find." Alex shook his head. "No. Too dangerous. Supers only." She shrugged again. Andy looked at him. "How are we going to do it?"

"I need to get the laptop. Hyun-ki, do you think you could help me get back?"

A frown marred her lips. "This sounds like a war," Arabella commented. A sense of dread settled inside her stomach. What was she forced into? She didn't appreciate a group of strangers barging inside her apartment, demanding to heal their friend. However, it couldn't be helped. Her eyes filled with mild curiosity. She was capable of more? What was her full potential? "I don't have any experience in combat," she admitted. Her ability reflected her personality. She was never a fighter. Arabella considered herself almost a pacifist. "I guess that would make me the medic," she added.

A smirk painted her lips. "You're more than just a medic, kid," Yun replied.

Hyun-Ki averted his attention towards Alex. He nodded in response. He stepped forward, grasping Alex's wrist. "Is that all you need?" he questioned.

A frown marred her lips. "We'll talk about strategy once you get back," Yun declared.

Hyun-Ki nodded. "Be prepared for a headache," he warned. He disappeared, leaving a trace of dark blue smoke. Alex vanished with him. His ability garnered a few amusing reactions from the newer recruits. A faint chuckle rumbled through her chest. Yun directed her attention towards her brother, Haneul. "How are you feeling?" she murmured.

He mustered up a weak smile. "I'll be fine. You should get some rest, Yu. I still don't know how you're awake. We can't start training when you're out of commission like this," Haneul pointed out.

A frown marred her lips. "We need to talk strategy," she argued.

Haneul rolled his eyes. "We can fill you in. Rest," he countered firmly.

A scowl carved into her expression. "I'll be fine," she replied defiantly.

Alex stumbled as he appeared in Griffin's house. A migraine pierced through his skull, and he winced, pressing his hand to his forehead. "Jesus. Using my own ability doesn't give me this much of a migraine." He gasped. It cleared after a moment, and he shook his head. "That's unpleasant." He headed into the kitchen, where the laptop still sat on the table. He grabbed it and turned to Hyun-ki. "I'd get your sister some fresh clothes. I would, but you're her brother."

Carolina perched on one of the chairs, crossing her legs. "Maybe you did a better job healing her than you thought. After all, you said this is your first time." Her elbow perched on her knee and she rested her chin on her palm as she pulled out her phone, tapping through a few messages. "I got a warning bulletin about an "Edward Miller a few days ago. Even if I'm only a mere techie, I still get full agent privileges. And a gun." She remarked. "He hasn't been committed of any crimes, but one of my bosses had his suspicions about him. I'm pretty sure he was a super too." She held out the phone. Dana looked at him and frowned. "I think that's him."

Sarah took another look at it and nodded. "That's him." Carolina looked at Yun. "I can get the Bureau's back up on this. He's crossed state lines, and he's shot someone in both states. But only if you want them. If not, I can contact them off the record and tell them to triple their vigilance."

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "Haneul is the only one that isn't affected by teleporting," he mused. He followed Alex into the kitchen. He lifted his hand in mock salute. "Rodger!" He vanished from his spot, leaving a trail of dark blue smoke. A few minutes later, he returned with a backpack filled with Yun's extra pair of clothes. He packed a few other necessities. He doubted they would be staying in Griffin's house right now. He wasn't certain when all of them would return. "If I let you touch my sister's stuff, she would kill me," he added. A grin plastered on his face. "Ready?" He grasped Alex's wrist. Before he could respond, Hyun-Ki disappeared. Alex vanished with him.

Her attention averted towards Carolina. Her eyes narrowed into slits. "He's done worse than you can imagine, Ramsay. He's just a master at masking his crimes and leaving no trace behind," Yun deadpanned. She breathed in deeply and forced herself up. Her body screamed in protest, but she ignored it. Yun swung her legs across the couch until her feet touched the floor. She leaned against the blood soaked sofa, sitting upright. Her brother wanted to protest, but he suppressed the urge. His sister was too stubborn. He made a mental note to slip a sleeping pill in her drink. She wasn't going to rest willingly. Yun folded her arms across her chest. She cleared her throat, rubbing it subconsciously. "I don't want to involve the authorities right now. I'm not going to sit here and be ordered by idiots in suits. If we're going to stop Edward, we're doing it our way. After we get the upper hand, then we could use your connections," she informed. A few seconds later, Hyun-Ki popped inside the apartment, Alex flanking his left side.

"Got enough strength to take a shower and change?" Hyun-Ki inquired.

Yun stared at her brother. "This isn't my apartment, Hyun," she pointed out.

Hyun-Ki pivoted to his right, peering at Arabella.

A frown marred her lips. She shook her head and pointed at a door. "I don't care anymore. If you want to use it, use it. However, someone is going to pay for my new couch," Arabella announced.

A smirk painted her lips. "We'll replace it later," Yun promised. She attempted to stand, but failed miserably. A string of curses escaped her lips, reverting to her native tongue. Yun glowered at Darcie, whom chuckled at her expense. "Laugh it up, barbie," she snarked.

Darcie grinned. "What do you think I'm doing midget?" she countered. She grasped Yun's wrist, pulling her up. She wrapped Yun's left arm around her shoulders, supporting her. Despite her tough demeanor, Yun was in no condition to move. She was suppose to be unconscious at the moment. "Can you manage the shower alone?" she added.

Yun snorted. "I'm not going to let you bathe me, Dar. I don't want to give the boys images of girl on girl action," she quipped.

Darcie threw her head back and laughed. It amazed her that moments ago, her friend was on the verge of death. Yun was notorious for bouncing back. "Darn," she teased. She averted her gaze towards Alex. "You can fill them in," she declared. Darcie escorted Yun towards the bathroom, helping her walk. She carried Yun's backpack in her free hand, courtesy of Hyun-Ki.

Alex stumbled again as they appeared back in the healer's apartment. "Dude, not pleasant. Next time, give me a chance to brace myself." He shook his head, trying to clear it. Carolina shrugged off Yun's remark. Honestly, she wasn't surprised. The FBI wouldn't want a bunch of "amateurs" dealing with the situation, and would probably end up making the whole thing worse.

Alex watched as Darcie helped Yun stand. "Take it easy." He murmured. Jake and Andy smirked at the girl-on-girl comment. Dean just looked taken aback, and Jake slapped him on the shoulder. "You're going to learn that this is nothing new." He teased. Dean forced himself to appear composed.

"You can fill them in." Alex nodded. The adrenaline had meant that his painkillers were starting to wear off, but he had bigger things on his mind.

"Okay, so you all know the general idea of why we're here. Saving the world and all that. I'm going to emphasise again that this isn't going to be like in the movies. As we've all seen, any of us could lose our lives at any point. You accepted that risk when you agreed to help us. If we lose somebody, we have to keep going."

"Edward is a manipulative bastard. You've all got to be on your guard around him. He can get inside your head and you won't even know it. And what's worse is that he's recruiting. He's not going to have any problems persuading people to join him. We've got to be clever about it."

"There's going to be a point in the very near future where we have to fight him and his supers. We're going to train you to use your abilities to defend yourselves and others and also to attack. You're also going to help us recruit more supers. Edward's main disadvantage is that he likes to recruit as many as he can by himself. We can cover more ground."

"Do not try and bargain with Edward. If you see him, you pull that trigger. Talking with him gives him an opportunity to get inside your head. He knows our weak spots. He knows how to manipulate us."

"All of us are new to our abilities. However, I think we can help train each other. Sarah and Dana, obviously your abilities have a lot in common. Hyun-ki and Leon, the same. The rest of us can pair up as needed. Sarah, while Yun is recovering, you may need be required to teach a little bit of self-defence. Yun will help us attack, but defence has to come first. Carolina, if I'm correct, you'll have some experience in that. You'll be helping."

"We don't have time for mistakes. If you get hurt, you learn to shoot with your other arm. I'm being harsh but we don't have time. The only reason I have the level of marksmanship I have now is because Edward trained me himself. You need to learn how to use a gun, and you need to be confident with it. You have to be able to switch from your ability to your weapon in a split second."

He shook his head. He'd grabbed his painkillers from the table as well, and they were stashed in his pocket. He needed to take them before the pain got too bad. "I know I'm scaring you but we can't sugarcoat any more. This is our reality now." He looked at the healer. "Sorry, where are your glasses? I just need to take some pills."

Griffin listened to Alex silently. He jammed his hands inside his pockets. His eyes averted towards Arabella. He didn't bother apologizing for his rash behavior. His reaction was necessary. Leon was sitting on the couch, lounging in the only cushion that wasn't stained with blood. Since he knew the extent of Alex's explanation, he didn't pay attention. He inspected his hands. Despite scrubbing his hands vigorously, he felt a lingering sensation of Yun's blood. A shiver surged down his spine. His hands curled into fists. He rose from his seat, taking a step forward. "Griff and I have experience in combat. We'll help others that lack that skill. I'm not a perfect marksman, but Griff's family is full of cops. He's a prodigy. One of our biggest advantages is Griff's ability. If he learned to project it offensively, he could shield us from Edward's ability," he declared. He stepped back, motioning for Griffin to continue.

"One of our goals is preventing Edward from capturing Alex, Yun, her brothers, and Arabella. Based on the information we gathered, Edward is targeting them specifically. We're not sure if there's more, however," Griffin added. His eyes scanned his surroundings. He portrayed a serious expression. "If any of you betray our group in any way, you'll have to deal with Yun. She threatened to kill anyone that betrayed us, especially her family. Don't underestimate her. She killed before," he warned.

"That doesn't exclude us just because we're Yun's best friends. This warning applies to everyone," Leon interjected.

Darcie walked inside the room, finishing helping Yun. "Another point Yun made was destroying Edward's control. If we managed to recruit some of his most trusted members, his power of manipulation would crumble. It would increase awareness of his cause. Most supers under his control aren't aware of his true intentions," she voiced. She walked towards Griffin, flanking his left side.

"We'll also have to train our minds. Creating impenetrable barriers will prevent Edward from reading our thoughts and controlling our mind," Haneul pointed out. He stood off to the side, not comfortable with the large crowd. Hyun-Ki flanked his right side. "Hyun-Ki and I been trapped in his facility before. I've seen the experiments he conducted. The worse part is that I didn't have to be there physically," he murmured, referring to his ability. "Precognition is a rare ability. I'm the only one that survived his experiments when he tested on five subjects with my ability," he admitted. His hands instinctively rubbed his wrists. His gaze lowered to the floor. "His main objective was researching our DNA. That's why he's interested in Alex and Yun," he informed. Hyun-Ki placed a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder. He knew it was difficult sharing that horrific experience.

"He's more predictable than he appeared," Yun announced. She returned from her ten minute shower. It wasn't exactly a shower. She didn't have enough strength to stand very long. Her medium brown hair fell to her shoulders in damp waves. She changed into a pair of faded skinny jeans, a studded belt, a 3/4 quarter-sleeved black tee with a Batman logo on top, and her signature combat boots. She removed her leather jacket since it was stained with her blood. Fortunately, the bullet didn't graze her jacket. However, it would be tedious washing out the stain. She held a plastic sack filled with her bloody clothes in one hand and her backpack in another. She was leaning against the wall for support. "If we want to defeat him, we have to beat him at his own game. We have to hit him where it hurts the most. He's only powerful in numbers. If he was singled out, he wouldn't stand a chance," she revealed.

A scowl carved into her expression. "You stubborn cow! I told you to call me! You shouldn't move!" Darcie scolded. She rushed to her friend's side, helping her to a nearby recliner. She picked up Yun's belongings and placed them on the floor near Yun's feet. She shook her head. It didn't surprise her.

Alex rolled his eyes as Yun came in. The fact that she refused to take it easy could be a good or a bad thing. At least she didn't have any stitches to burst. He pulled out the bottle of pills and went into the kitchen, opening cupboards until he found a glass. He half filled it with water and put two pills in his mouth, before swallowing them with the glass of water.

He headed back into the sitting room, looking at the vaguely scared recruits. Sarah was staring at her feet. Andy was avoiding everyone's eyes, and Jake looked like he was thinking. He sank into one of the few empty chairs and sighed, grabbing the laptop.

"Ideally, we'd spread out over the country. Edward only has a handful of people he trusts to help him recruit. There's, what, eighteen of us? The more we recruit, the more we can recruit. It's a matter of figuring what abilities we need or need to stop Edward from getting."

His phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out and read the text.

"If you come to me, nobody else has to get hurt."

He locked the phone, trying to keep his expression neutral as he scrolled down through some of the lists.

Yun averted her eyes towards Alex. She noticed his faint reaction. Her eyes narrowed. She made a mental note to converse with Alex privately. She wondered how long he was going to contact Alex. "Most of our team is composed of physical based abilities," she began. She accepted a glass of water from Haneul. She sipped it absentmindedly, never noticing the sleeping pill dissolving at the bottom. "Someone contact Arsenio. The last thing we need is Edward capturing him," she added. She recalled that Greek shapeshifter before she disappeared with Hyun-Ki. Her gaze shifted towards Dean. She recognized his face from the profile picture on his file. "If you don't calm down, you're going to electrocute someone," she pointed out bluntly, pointing at his hands.

She noticed the tense atmosphere. Most of her recruits were conveying signs of terror. A sigh escaped her lips. She leaned forward, resting her arms on her knees. "The greatest fighters are able to defeat their enemies in small numbers. To be frank, I don't believe we'll have enough recruits to challenge Edward's extensive pool. We're going to be outnumbered. We're going to be out armed. It's going to be a suicide mission. However, using our opponent's strength against them will create a pathway to victory. All of you here right now are the bravest supers out there. You're willing to risk your life to save other people that don't give a shit about you. There's nothing wrong being terrified," she declared.

"Are you afraid?" Arabella inquired.

A chuckle rumbled through her chest. A smirk painted her lips. "I'm not terrified of what happens to me. I'm only concerned about my brothers and my friends," she answered truthfully. She leaned back, resting her head against the recliner. A wave of exhaustion washed over her. She suppressed a yawn. "The key to your fear is using it to your advantage. If you don't want to die, then don't make mistakes. We only got one shot at this. We have to make it count," she continued. Her eyes drooped. She struggled to maintain consciousness. She didn't want to fall asleep.

Dean's eyes darted towards the ground as he took a deep breath, stretching out his hands. He needed to learn how to control his ability better. Ever single time he got a little nervous, sparks literally flew. He'd fried several lots of fuses in his house. They all looked at Yun, taking a few deep breaths. In all of the movies, the good guys always prevailed, no matter what the odds. But this wasn't a movie. They'd all been thrown in the deep end.

Carolina looked at Alex. "That laptop can be traced- did you know that? The moment you connect to the internet, your location is going to be broadcast to someone's phone. I'd be willing to be it's Edward's." He looked at her, thinking about the text. "Can you remove it?" She stood up and put a hand on the laptop. "Done. Give me your phone." He handed it over, and she held it for a minute, before handing it back. "I think he might have been trying to trace that. Both are blocked now, meaning that you could even turn on the GPS and he won't be able to pick it up." He nodded, looking at her.

"You seem to have almost complete control over your ability already." She shrugged a little. "I can pick up signals from every single piece of equipment in about a five foot radius. That can be a bit overwhelming at times, but at least I'm not causing any of them to meltdown." He nodded and looked at Yun, grinning a little. His painkillers hadn't kicked in yet, and his shoulder was starting to get steadily more painful. His good hand reached over to his shoulder and he rubbed it a little. "I'll be able to manage these for a while. Don't worry, I have a little bit of planning to do. Go on, rest. We'll need you for more ass-kicking at some point."

Yun watched Dean through her half-lidded gaze. "Electricity is a form of energy. I'll help you with your control," she declared. Her eyes averted towards Alex. A faint scowl carved into her expression. "I don't need sleep, kid," she mumbled defiantly. However, a yawn contradicted her statement. A few minutes later, she leaned back, falling asleep. Her body couldn't fight off the sleeping pill.

Haneul walked over, reclining the chair for Yun. He draped a blanket over her, courtesy of Arabella. A faint smile painted his lips. His sister was too stubborn. If he didn't drug her, she would of strained herself. She couldn't afford over exerting herself, especially in her condition. He directed his attention towards Alex. "Did you find more recruits that would be valuable to our team?" he inquired. He scanned his surroundings, observing his newly acquaintances. "When are we heading back? We can't exactly stay here. Or leave her couch in that condition," he added, pointing at Arabella's sofa for emphasize. "Is it safe to travel back to Griffin's house?" he finished.

Leon returned from the kitchen, calling Nasta. "Arsenio was going to meet us at Griff's. I wasn't sure what we're doing so I gave him our current address," he announced.

Darcie inspected her blood stained shirt. "I need to change. My Escape needs to be cleaned as well. My whole back seat is covered in Yun's blood," she remarked.

A frown marred his lips. He didn't like that image. "It's your call," Griffin pointed out, directing his comment towards Alex. He was an unofficial leader, along with Yun.

Alex smirked a little as Yun fell asleep. He read down through some of the recruits, and then looked up as Hyun-ki addressed him, and nodded. "I've widened my search range to the entire country. Ideally, we'd go abroad as well, but I can only find results for within the US. And he's only got the layout of his plans, not how he's going to do it. So I can't even see if the ability to sense supers is another part of my power, or if he had some sort of machine that could use my powers, of if he was just going to genetically engineer it."

He listened to their requests and thought for a minute, rubbing his shoulder idly. The painkiller still hadn't kicked in, and it was really starting to burn. They couldn't operate from Arabella's apartment, and neither he or Yun could go back to theirs. Griffin's really was the best option. He sighed, losing down the lid of their laptop. "Griffin's is our best option. We can train there. It's also relatively easy to defend if it comes to it. My mom's house can be backup, but he's threatened my mother before, so I think it's entirely possible that he knows the address." He looked up at Arabella. "This is where you decide if you're coming with us. If you don't, then Edward is going to come after you. Your ability will be hugely important to him. And if you refuse, he'll kill you so nobody else can have you. He's the reason your couch is covered in blood and I'm waiting for these bloody painkillers to kick in."

A scowl carved into her expression. "If I was refusing, I would of thrown you all out of my apartment by now," Arabella deadpanned. She tucked a strand of strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. Her gaze averted towards her blood stained couch. "I have to get rid of that before we leave," she reminded. She instinctively twiddled her thumbs. She wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen. How long will she be gone? Does she need to pack for the occasion? Arabella bit her lip. A hand clamped down on her shoulder. She whipped her head back. Darcie stood next to her, smiling.

"Pack what you need. We don't know how long it will take. We'll figure something about your sofa," Darcie assured.

She nodded in response. "Alright," Arabella replied. She brushed past Darcie, disappearing inside her bedroom. She closed the door behind her.

A sigh escaped his lips. "I don't got enough rooms to fit all our recruits. At some point, people have to share," Griffin pointed out. He stepped forward, jamming his hands inside his pockets. "I know an area we can train privately. My father owns a place," he added. He was grateful his parents decided to take an extended vacation. He called them recently, convincing them to continue their travels. The last thing he needed was his parents coming home to a house full of supers. His mother would have a heart attack. "We need to leave soon," he remarked gruffly. He directed his attention towards Dean. "We need to work with you right away. I don't want you to start blowing fuses," he pointed out. Leon stepped forward, patting Griffin on the back.

"Chill Griff, don't scare the guy. We'll work it out," Leon reasoned. He presented Dean a small, easy going smile. "Yun would be your best candidate for a training partner. However, she's a bit out of commission right now," he mused. Ten minutes later, Arabella returned, carrying a duffel bag and large suitcase.

"Ready," she declared gently.

Alex stood as Arabella came out with her bag, closing down the lid of the laptop. Even that movement jarred his shoulder, and he winced again. He looked at the new recruits. "You guys are going to need clothes and stuff. Ideally, Hyun-ki could teleport you, or Leon could make a rift, but we don't have time to find out if that works or not. Split up as best as you can. We've got, what, three, four cars? Ideally we'd have more." Dana raised her hand. "Hyun-ki could take me back to mine, and I can pick up my car." Alex nodded. "Good idea. Take Griffin and Dean. I mean this in the best way possible, but if there's an attack waiting for you, Dean get let out all of that excess charge he's been building. And if Edward's back, Griffin will be immune to his power."

"Leon, would you be able to bring Yun back to Griffin's and stay with her? Bring Carolina. Carolina, do a sweep of the house and everything electronic on the property, make sure it's all clean. Deal with anything that's not." She nodded.

A frown marred his lips. "I can't teleport to a place or form of transportation without physically visiting that location beforehand," Hyun-Ki pointed out. His eyes averted towards Dana, Griffin, and Dean. "Fair warning, first timers receive a migraine," he added. He walked across the room, stopping in front of them. "One of you need to hold onto me. I only have two hands," he mused. He grasped Dana and Dean's wrists. Griffin clamped his hand firmly on Hyun-Ki's shoulder. A few seconds later, the group vanished completely, leaving a trail of dark blue smoke.

Leon directed his attention towards Alex. He nodded in response. "Can do," he replied. He moved towards Yun's seat. He leaned forward, scooping his friend in his arms. "I'll text Griff and have his group meet us back at his house," he continued. Leon lifted his right hand and extended it forward. His palm illuminated a brilliant neon green. A rift tore through the air, creating an image of Griffin's house. He stepped through the portal, motioning for Carolina to follow. After she phased through the rift, he closed it. Fortunately, Leon had a spare key to Griffin's house.

Haneul noticed it was Darcie, Arabella, and him left. "What do you wish for us to do?" he inquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.