These Violent Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolina ran a hand over her hair, grimacing a little. "Uhh... We think so. There was a little bit of destruction, and they both had to get out quickly. Personally, I doubt that he survived it. But yeah. That's good to hear- keep me updated and tell me how things are going. I'd be there, but someone needs to keep an eye on the monitors and such."

Alex nodded, listening to Haneul. "I can communicate with her in a nightmare, which might help a little." He said, staring at the ground. "Those two months definitely changed her. I could pick up on it in the- what, twenty minutes?- I was talking to her. Isolation changes people. I'd rather it hadn't had to happen, but at least some good came from it." He thought back to the letter. Whenever this was all over, assuming that everyone made it, they had things to talk over. He didn't know what the future held, but the future had been uncertain ever since they'd woken up the morning after their respective accidents.

"We all have our strong points. However, it would be amusing to see you whoop the noobs, oh wise agent," Leon quipped. A large crash followed by a string of curses emitted from his mike. "O-okay, not the time to get distracted. I'll update you guys soon." His mike went silent, signaling his shift of focus.

Haneul observed his sister. "Some good, yes, but not enough," he murmured.

Hyun-Ki patted his brother's shoulder. "It's never enough when it comes to Yun," he pointed out. A few minutes later, a medic returned with Haneul's order. He watched as his brother dipped the washcloth in a basin of cold water, wrung it, and draped it over Yun's forehead. His sister's face relaxed a bit, but her condition didn't improve. He stood there, unsure what to do. Haneul was more nurturing and resourceful. He knew what to do. Hyun-Ki, on the other hand, was the charismatic prankster. He is more rash than his brother, a trait he shared with his sister. Right now, he felt useless. What can he do? How can he help his sister? She protected both of them since he was a tyke. How can he return the favor?

Haneul detected his brother's discomfort. "You're not useless Hyun," he assured.

A bitter chuckle rumbled through his chest. "Easy for you to say," Hyun-Ki muttered.

A sigh escaped his lips. Haneul didn't bother arguing. His first priority is relieving Yun's fever. Hopefully, it wouldn't trigger a nightmare.

Relief coursed through his chest. Leon, along with the others, are fine. However, he couldn't stay here. He wanted to help. Griffin stepped closer to Carolina. "I need a teleporter. I'm heading in," he declared gruffly. He could assist the healers, but he was more useful on the battlefield. After Hadrian unleashed his ability, he wouldn't have to worry about physical based powers. He is trained in combat, so he didn't have to rely on his ability for cover. He glanced over at Yun's cot. His eyes softened a little. However, the look vanished a second later. A serious expression plastered on his face, masking his inner turmoil.

A cooling sensation draped over her forehead. Her grip on her blanket ceased a little. However, Yun continued to mumble underneath her breath.

Carolina smirked a little at Leon's transmission, but didn't say anything. She nodded as Griff said he was heading in. "Sure thing." She caught the eye of one of the teleporters. "Oi, you. C'mere." The teleporter walked towards her, his eyebrows raised. "Take him into the warehouse where the fighting is." He nodded, and Carolina looked at Griff. "Be careful. Don't do anything stupid, okay? I think we've run out of miracles. If you need help, tell me. I'll come in and get you out myself if I have to." She told him.

Alex watched the interaction between the two brothers, before staring at the floor. He ran a hand over his hair, glancing at Yun. The cloths seemed to have helped a little, but only time would tell how well it worked. He felt a little useless too. He wanted to fight, but knew that if he tried to go, he'd be met with several forms of resistance. So he was stuck here, waiting things out.

A smirk plastered on his face. "You should be more worried about Leon. I'm the sensible one," Griffin mused. He nodded in understanding. "I'll be fine," he assured. He grasped the teleporter's arm and vanished. A few seconds later, he entered the battlefield. He reunited with Leon and Darcie, his two best friends. The area was completely chaotic. Most of the warehouse was damaged. He scanned his surroundings briefly. Multiple holes peppered the walls and ceiling. He grimaced after noticing a few casualties on his side. However, it was inevitable. It was completely ignorant to assume everyone would leave unscathed. Fortunately, it wasn't his friends. It may sound selfish, but he didn't care. He was here to protect his loved ones.

"Two minutes," Leon declared, motioning to Hadrian.

Griffin nodded. He retrieved his gun from his holster. "Two minutes of mayhem," he declared.

Leon laughed. "Let's give them hell!" The duo resumed fighting.

---

Burning. It was the first sensation registered in her mind. A constant heat surrounded her body, encasing her in a never ending field of pain. She couldn't move. She could barely breath. Why was it hot? Yun attempted to scream, but no sound came out. Is she dying? Is she even alive? Why won't the pain stop? Someone! Please! Make it stop! A sinister voice resonated through her mind,

"I'll drag you down in hell with me."

Her body is on fire. Molten lava surged through her veins, filling her insides with white hot agony. Yun couldn't handle it anymore. A bloodcurdling scream tore through her throat, causing her back to arch from sheer ferocity. Tears trickled down her bruised cheeks. Her body broke out in violent trembles. However, she didn't thrash. Despite the torture, she didn't writhe. Something was holding her back. She could barely move her form. Her body felt heavy, as if her muscles were replaced with lead. What was happening to her? Images surfaced in the forefront of her mind. She watched as her loved ones were consumed in a fiery inferno. She listened to the multitude of screams. Her heart clenched painfully. She struggled to move, to do anything. Regrettably, she couldn't.

"Move!" she commanded mentally.

She needed to save them! She couldn't lose her family. She refused to lose everyone, especially him.

---

Hyun-Ki ignored the stinging sensation as he pinned his sister to the cot. After she started writhing, he held her down, along with Haneul. Yun couldn't afford thrashing in her condition. He doubted there would be more impossible miracles. He refused to lose his sister. He winced after his sister released another scream. "Her fever is increasing. It must be influenced by her nightmare," Hyun-Ki declared. Another spark zapped at his arms, but he ignored the burn. He would rather be used as a outlet than allow his sister's body to be covered in kinetic energy. None of them were sure if it would damage her body further.

Haneul grimaced. "Can you try to reach her Alex? We can't hold her for long," he inquired.

Alex nodded, standing up. He grasped her hand and closed his eyes, letting himself open his mind. Her mind was burning as much as her skin. He didn't let himself second guess, and stepped into her mind.

It was sheer chaos. The fever was making her delirious, and he couldn't make much sense of her thoughts. He could feel the beginnings of a headache already, and knew that it wasn't going to be easy. Her thoughts were racing too much, and he knew that if he tried to read them, he'd just waste energy, and it wasn't like he had bundles of it to spare. Instead he took a deep breath, and projected a thought.

"Yun. It's me."

"Yun. It's me."

A familiar voice pierced through her fire-induced nightmare. A gasp emitted from her lips. "A-Alex?" she croaked. Her voice was hoarse. She scanned her surroundings, but only saw pain, destruction, and fire. "I-is that you?" She struggled to locate him, but no avail. Her anxiety increased. Where was he? She couldn't find him! Is she going insane? Did her sanity break? The fire grew more hot, eliciting another scream. God, why won't the pain stop? Is she in hell? Will she be subjected to torture for all eternity? "I-I can't see you," she declared. A sob escaped her lips. She struggled to suppress her tears, but the pain was too much. Once the damn burst, she couldn't stop. Bottling up her emotions resulted an unstable imbalance. In her mind, her tough exterior ceased to exist. All her flaws were laid out for display. "Make it stop. I can't take it anymore. The pain-it won't stop," she cried.

---

His heart clenched at the sight of his sister's tears. "Please hurry," Hyun-Ki whispered. He watched as she struggled with her nightmare. He remained in his position, pinning his sister's torso. Haneul held down her legs. Her body continued to tremble, but she didn't writhe. However, he anticipated she would start thrashing if he let go. He ignored the painful jolts resulting from Yun's kinetic energy.

Oh God. He could feel everything. All of her fear, all of her inner turmoil... He forced himself to take a breath. "Listen to me. You can't see me, because your thoughts are too out of control. You need to calm down. I'm here, Haneul's here, Hyun-ki's here. You're safe. You don't have anything to worry about. Anything you're seeing, anything you're feeling, it's all in your head. Arabella has healed the worse of your injuries. You're okay, you're safe. We've got you. Try and calm down, okay?" He transmitted, trying to block out her emotions as much as he could.

"Try and calm down, okay?"

Alex. Hyun-Ki. Haneul. All of them were safe. Her family is alive. She faintly recalled another instance involving Alex transmitting his thoughts. Did that mean she was alive? What happened to trigger her nightmare? She struggled to calm her emotions, but her heart twisted with confusion. She didn't know what to do anymore. Why won't the pain stop? Why did it feel like she was being roasted alive? "It hurts," Yun whimpered. She loathed feeling weak, but she couldn't help it. She didn't have the strength to hide behind her tough exterior. Truthfully, she was tired of masking her pain. "I'm tired of the pain Alex," she whispered. Unbeknownst to Yun, her emotions were slowly calming down. The fiery inferno surrounding her started to disappear. Her mind couldn't handle the pressure. "I can't take it anymore," she cried. Her mind started shutting down. A wave of exhaustion washed over her. Darkness seeped inside her psyche. "Please, make it stop," she finished.

He took a deep breath, trying to block out her emotions before they started to overwhelm him. Her thoughts were starting to calm down a little, which made it a little easier. "I know it hurts. I'm sorry, Yun, but I can't get rid of the pain. You've got to try and calm down. You're thrashing, and that's just going to make the pain worse." He took another breath, thinking back to when he was Edward's prisoner. "Focus on something else. Focus on me, on my voice. Don't let yourself focus on the pain, because that will just make it worse. Focus on me, okay? On my presence." He instructed.

"Focus on me, okay? On my presence."

Her eyes fluttered shut. She started tuning out the voices in her mind, focusing on Alex's presence. She bit her lip, struggling to block out the images of death, destruction, and pain. "I-I'm trying," she replied. A few minutes later, a projection of Alex entered her psyche. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. It was a slow process, but she managed to focus on him and only him. "It was you, y'know. You dragged me back," Yun whispered. She recalled the pain induced scream. "I should be dead, but here I am," she added. Suddenly, the pain started to ebb away. After she focused on Alex, most of her emotions decreased.

He could feel her mind starting to calm and smiled, nodding. His smile slipped a little as she said that he had dragged him back. "What? How-" He could feel his own emotions starting to cloud his mind and took a deep breath, focusing on her. He couldn't afford to waste energy he didn't have. "I knew we weren't going to be able to get rid of you that easily. By the way, you almost gave poor Arabella a heart attack," He said, allowing himself to smile a little more. "I can feel you starting to calm down. That's good. Keep focusing on me. You're safe, I promise, okay?" He told her. He was vaguely aware of a pounding behind his temples, and was willing to bet that he'd probably used a bit too much energy. If Arabella wasn't so busy, she probably would have yelled at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.