These Violent Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex nodded, typing their names into the search. His own was the first to come up, and he clicked into it out of interest. Why was Edward trying to hard to get to him? Was it because of the week they'd spent working together? Or something more? Was it Alex's hunger for ambition? He shook his head as he clicked into a file. Sure enough, it was on him. There was a photo of him walking down the street, looking at something else entirely. A shiver ran down his spine as he realised that Edward had evidently been following them. He scrolled down through it. At first, it was trivial stuff. His height. His weight. How his power had manifested.

But then there was an analysis of his personality. Laying down everything that shaped him- and how to use it against him. How the fact that he hungered for power could be used into tricking him into becoming a pawn. He kept scrolling down, biting his tongue as he read more and more. The last few pages were a commentary of his actions. But he noticed that the writer- presumably Edward- seemed afraid of what he could do. He minimised the file and opened up Yun's, handing it to her. "Just read it."

"Just read it."

Yun grasped the device and rested it on her lap. Her eyes peered at the screen. She scrolled down the file, analyzing the content. Her expression twisted with disgust. He had information about her uncle! The death of her mother! Anger bubbled inside her chest. A shudder surged down her spine. Her eyes inspected a photo. It was a picture of her, standing over her dead mother. Based from the angle, the photo was taken from the tree that was close to her window. He been tracking her for this long? Why was she so special! Yun continued to search. It was tediously detailed, ranging from her weaknesses to her physical description. A few minutes later, she stumbled across a section containing her personality. Edward composed strategies that would break through her defenses and transform her into a obedient pawn. It was sickening how specific his information was. He had the power to destroy her. Edward knew everything. How would she be able to stop him if she knew nothing about him? She didn't know his weaknesses. Engaging in a battle with him would be reckless, dangerous, and foolish. However, she didn't have a choice. Yun was determined to eradicate that manipulative bastard. It would be her first time facing an opponent unprepared. It wouldn't be her last.

She clicked on a secret file attached to her medical history. Her eyes widened completely. "That-" she cut herself off. Her heart filled with dread. It was a report that contained her DNA structure. Her ability was unique, but Edward was interested in her DNA components. "We're perfect test subjects for his next project. That's why he's so bent on capturing you. I would be an additional prize because he knew I wouldn't leave you behind," she explained. She scanned the content on her report. "I'm not sure exactly what the project entailed, but the result was suppose to benefit his goal. He tried it on several supers in the past, but none of them survived. Something about our DNA intrigued him. The result could magnify our power, but there's more to it," she informed. Yun minimized the file and handed the laptop to Alex. A sigh escaped her lips. She ran a hand through her hair, tucking her bangs behind her ear.

Alex scowled. "So he thinks he can use us for his research? Well he can shove that idea where the sun don't shine. It's bad enough that I have to cover as much skin as possible to prevent accidental contact. Knowing my luck, I'd end up able to hear everyone's thoughts all the time, and would end up being driven mad." He stared out the window as they drove. He opened up his own file and found one describing how his DNA had altered. He found the project name and pasted it into the search query. The file that popped up was password protected, and Alex frowned. It was exactly what he was looking for, and he was going to have a hard time getting into it. Mostly to see the number of guesses he had before the file wiped, he typed in the code name. The file opened, and he stared at the screen. "Amateur." He muttered, starting to read through the file.

"Jesus Christ... Yun, this is bad. This is very very bad. Remember the joke about us being the X-Men? Turns out that Edward wants to either turn humans into mutants- or kill them. He wants us because we have very different powers, and according to my file, he wants to use me like Cerebro or whatever it was. He wants to push me into being able to pick out mutants, and by process of elimination, wipe out anyone who is human. And you can be used as a human weapon. Yun, I don't think this is about self-preservation or justice any more. We can't let him do this."

"Yun, I don't think this is about self-preservation or justice anymore. We can't let him do this."

Anger bubbled inside her chest. A human weapon? Her expression darkened. She wasn't a hero, but she certainly wouldn't eliminate the innocent. Despite her violent nature, she had morals! Her eyes scanned the file, analyzing the content. Her stomach twisted into knots. It was sickening. "Great, we got a bastard worst than Magneto and William Stryker combined," she muttered. A sigh escaped her lips. She lifted her hand and massaged her forehead. A migraine pierced through her skull. A few minutes later, Haneul turned off an exit and drove into a town. Her truck was running low on gas. She didn't exactly have time filling it up since she wasn't prepared. Yun averted her gaze towards the window. She didn't recognize the town. After her brother pulled in the nearest gas station, he parked in front of a pump. Yun stepped out of her truck. She walked around and retrieved her wallet from her pocket. She pulled out a credit card and swiped it across the automatic slot. She navigated through the touch panel, selecting her fuel. Yun turned, opened her gas tank, and inserted the nozzle inside. Once she triggered the gas to flow, Yun leaned against her truck. She folded her arms across her chest.

"You okay Yu?" Haneul inquired. He climbed out of the driver's seat and moved to his sister's side.

"We're going to be involved in a potential war, Han. This isn't like the X-Men. We don't have fancy equipment or a huge mansion. We're just a bunch of random supers that unlocked an unusual ability. What I don't understand is how Alex and I survived. I was mauled by a semi. I felt my own skull being crushed,"
she answered.

"I know," Haneul murmured.

A frown marred her lips. Her brothers witnessed her death. "Han, what exactly happened to me after that?" Yun inquired.

Haneul shrugged. "We can't remember. All I remember was running. I think we were heading towards our house, but everything went dark. By the time we woke up, we're stuck in that laboratory," he admitted.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Peculiar," she mused. Moments later, the nozzle stopped. She removed it from her gas tank and placed it back on the pump. She closed her tank properly before walking behind her truck, opening her back door on the right side. Yun stepped inside and buckled up. Her attention averted towards Alex. "How's your shoulder?" she questioned. Her brother climbed into the driver's seat, started the engine, and drove out of the gas station. He weaved past traffic, returning to the interstate.

Last edited:
He shrugged as well as he could without aggravating his shoulder. The result was a kind of one shouldered shrug. "Still hurts a little. I'll take some more painkillers in a little while." He was a little glad that Yun didn't have any narcotics. How could he explain not wanting to take them without telling her about his mother? "I was kinda hoping that it was Edward who had to dig me out of that dumpster, but I'm doubting it. He probably got some of his cronies to dig me out. I hope my blood doesn't come out of their clothes." He would have spit if he wasn't in her truck.

"Wonder what happened to the guys that attacked me. If they were paid off not to talk or if he dealt with them more... permanently. Honestly, I wouldn't put either past him. Asshole. I'm looking forward to dealing with him... I don't suppose you have any police in your family? If I do, they're probably on my dad's side or abroad. It's just my luck."

"...I don't suppose you have any police in your family?"

A bitter smirk plastered on her face. "Haneul and Hyun-Ki are all I have left so I wouldn't know," Yun retorted. She leaned back, folding her arms across her chest. Her eyes averted towards the window. "Griffin might be able to help. His family is full of cops," she added. She rested her forehead against the cool glass, closing her eyes for a moment. She fished out her cellphone from her pocket, unlocked the screen, and navigated to her contacts. She dialed a number and held it to her ear. "Yeah, it's me. We're on the Interstate. How far are Darcie and Leo?" she inquired. She removed her head from the window an continued the conversation. "There's something I need to tell you three when we get there. It's best I say it in person. Alex has other recruits coming so it's going to be a big group," she added. A chuckle rumbled through her chest. Yun directed her attention to Alex. "Something like that. Might as well start calling us the X-Men. I guess I would be Magneto. He has the brain power like Professor X," she remarked. She lifted her hand and inspected it. "No, but my power is just as destructive. Tell Darcie and Leo to stay alert. We'll be there the tomorrow night. Everyone should be there once we arrive," she declared. Yun bid her friend goodbye and hung up. She locked her screen and pocketed her phone.

"Fear was our trigger to our ability. It may work on them," she mused, referring to her three friends. Yun grasped the laptop and placed it on her lap. She began to search through the list of potential subjects. "The first step to defeating Edward is beating him at his own game. We can use this to track down more recruits. We're going to need a large team before barging in Edward's headquarters. He has a whole army of mutants at his disposal, not to mention his cronies," she declared. She analyzed each document closely. "He knows all of our weaknesses. I'm certain he has a crucially detailed report of everyone that's on his list. Since we don't know anything about him, it will be dangerous," she pointed out. She typed in a location on the search engine, hoping to narrow this list. Fortunately, her list cut down in half. Yun was amazed how many supers lived in her friend's hometown. A nagging question formulated at the back of her mind. Where did this supernatural gene originated? Not every super gained their ability artificially. Yun doubted it was similar to the X-gene. Despite the uncanny similarity, she wasn't in a world like her favorite comics.

"Do you ever wonder where this supernatural stuff originated?" Yun drawled.

He shrugged. "Mutation, I suppose. Humanity is constantly changing and evolving. I don't know- it's not like we were all caught in a freak explosion. Well, whatever about you and me, I'm pretty sure that Andy hasn't left the apartment except to buy milk and come over to mine."

His phone rang, and he looked at the number. "Speak of the devil. Hey, Andy."

"Dude, there were some guys here asking about you. Big and scary. I think they had guns. What the fuck have you gotten yourself into?" Andy asked, sounding scared.

"Oh shit... Long story, dude. What did you tell them?"

"Told them you had gone home to visit your family. You'd better tell me what's happening when I see you."

Alex said a silent prayer of thanks. Andy was a good friend- he knew what to say. "I will, I promise. See you tomorrow night."

He hung up and looked at Yun. "They're after us already. Andy told them I had gone home, but I don't know how long that's going to keep them away. I just hope they don't go after mine... Although I'm pretty sure my mom would put up a decent fight."

A shiver ran down his spine. He was terrified that they would go after his mom. Sure, she'd be able to defend herself, but at the end of the day, they could hurt her for information.

"I'm really starting to regret getting caught up in this..."

A frown marred her lips. "This isn't like the X-Men, kid. I have a feeling we'll find out where it originated later. I doubt there were supers in the past," she remarked. Suddenly, his phone began to ring. Yun averted her eyes from the screen and inspected Alex. She heard snippets of the conversation from the other end, but the rest was muffled. After he hung up, Alex directed his attention on her. Her eyes narrowed into slits. "You might want to relocate your mother, Alex. I know they will use her against you. Family is one of his tactics. If I still had any other immediate family alive, he would of used it against me again," she pointed out.

"I'm really starting to regret getting caught up in this..."

A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "It was inevitable, kid. It was this or become a part of Edward's project," she countered. Her eyes lowered to her laptop screen. She continued her search, pinning potential recruits. Fortunately, his files contained excruciating details, including addresses and phone numbers. Yun wasn't comfortable calling a complete stranger, so she opted for a different approach; meet them in person. She doubted it would be easy convincing a super to join their little army, but they didn't have a choice. She hated socializing with people, but she couldn't afford sticking to her old habits. If she wanted to defeat Edward, she had to suppress her trust issues. However, if someone betrayed the group, she wouldn't hesitate eradicating that poor soul. "I found some potential recruits within the city my friend lived in. If we want to expand our group, I suggest meeting them in person. They would just hang up on us if we called," she announced. Yun transferred the laptop to Alex, showing him a list of her pinned files.

He took the list and scrolled down through it. "If we can get to these before he does and persuade them to join us, we're going to have a decent amount of supers. Then again, Edward has god knows how many on his side, and would probably force the ones in the labs to fight for him." He nodded at her suggestion of meeting them in person, then grinned, looking at her.

"Besides, calling them would be pulling an Edward. We're going to have to figure out how we're going to meet them in the first place, though.

He stared at his phone, thinking about Yun's suggestion to relocate his mother. She was right. Before he could back out of it, he dialled his home number.

"Hello?"
"Hi, Mom, it's me."
"Alex! How's university? Is everything alright?"
He looked around him. No, everything wasn't really alright.
"Mom, do you still have those vacation days built up?"
"Uh-huh. Why?"
He sighed, staring out the window.
"I... Some stuff has happened, Mom, and I'm in a bit of trouble."
"Do you want me to come get you? I can get a flight-"
"No, Mom." It came out harsher than he meant. "This isn't like I got kicked out of my apartment or anything. Remember how you winded me up about how university was going to be my big adventure? Well... Long story short, I think I've ended up in a comic book. You're in danger. So I want you and Rob to go somewhere for a while. Go somewhere nice. Just don't stay at home, okay?"

She sounded worried when she replied.
"Are you okay, Alex?"
"I'm... Not perfect, but I'm alive, and I have a good friend on my side. Please, Mom, I got myself into this. I don't want you getting hurt because of me."
"... Rob's family has a house in the Swiss Alps he's been trying to talk me into visiting. He bought me flights for my birthday. I suppose I could go there for a while."
He grinned. "Sounds good. Enjoy yourself."
"Alex?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you a superhero now?" He laughed.
"Kinda."
"You'd be a good hero."
"Thanks, Mom. I love you."
"I love you too. Be careful."

He ended the call and put the phone in his pocket. "One parent and one boyfriend, safely moved to Europe."

Thinking of time skipping in my next post- or you can timeskip now if you're stuck for what to write)

"Then again, Edward has god knows how many on his side, and would probably force the ones in the labs to fight for him."

A scoff escaped her lips. "I'm anticipating that, kid. He has years of experience. I'm certain he gathered valuable supers. It's like Aro from Han's favorite book. He collected an army of powerful supers to protect him," Yun remarked.

"Hey!" Hanuel protested.

"Deny it all you want. I've seen you read the books," Yun deadpanned.

Her brother remained silent.

Yun inspected her list of pinned files. After his snide remark, she snorted. "We have to be direct. We can't afford waiting for them to become comfortable. Edward may have a whole army, but I have experience out witting the masters," she added. She lifted her gaze and peered at Alex. "You have the greatest potential of defeating him, Alex. Both of you share the same ability. He may be more experienced, but that doesn't matter. In order to foil his plan, our first step is destroying his control. Just imagine the possibilities if we managed to convince some of his most trusted mutants to join our side. Unless they believe in his legacy, I'm certain most of his supers are in a similar position you started out when he first asked you to join him. They are being manipulated, filled with false hopes. I'm certain none of them are aware of his true intentions," she declared.

"Wow Yu, this is so unlike you," Hyun-Ki pointed out.

A scowl carved into her expression. "Shut it Hyun. I'm not full of sap. I'm just telling the truth," she replied.

"You're actually sounding nice," he teased.

Yun leaned forward and flicked him across the forehead.

"Ow!" he cried.

"You were saying?" she challenged.

Hyun-Ki grumbled underneath his breath, muttering in his native tongue.

"One parent and one boyfriend, safely moved to Europe."

Yun nodded in response. "That's good. If we expanded our search worldwide, we could reach allies across the world," she pointed out. Yun leaned back and averted her attention to the window. Her mind contemplated on her next move.

"Yun! Yu! Wake up!"

A groan escaped her lips. Yun raised her head from the window, stretching her sore neck. She ran a hand through her hair, pushing back her bangs. "Yeah?" she mumbled groggily.

Hyun-Ki turned his head. "We're here," he announced.

A day and a half passed since Yun reunited with her brothers. During the journey, all of them alternated in driving, allowing others to rest. Yun didn't want to stop for the night so she drove most of the way, stopping only once for another gas break. Hyun-Ki forced her to stop at some point, convincing her to rest. For the last two hours, she crashed. Yun gazed through the window, noticing a familiar three story house. Did she mention her friend's parents were loaded? It mainly consisted of old money belonging to Griffin's grandfather. It was a perfect place for a meeting. His parents were gone for a couple of weeks, leaving Griffin an unofficial house sitter. Due to the massive size, it would fit a large group. Her friend insisted on staying at his home, but she was wary of sleeping in a house full of expensive belongings. It wasn't an ideal place for her destructive ability. Unfortunately, her friends protested, forcing her to cancel her reservations. Three familiar people stood in front of the porch, observing her truck. Yun stepped out of her vehicle, closing the door behind her.

"Soo-Yun Lang! Don't you ever scare me like that again!" A taller girl barreled into Yun's side, knocking her nearly off her feet. Yun managed to stabilize herself before awkwardly hugging her only female friend. Darcie's five foot seven frame crushed her in a tight embrace. A few minutes later, she pulled back.

"Darcie," Yun acknowledged.

Her brothers stepped out of her truck, retrieving her two large duffel bags from the back. Both of them flanked her side.

"It's been awhile Dar," Hyun-Ki mused.

Darcie smiled. "You two definitely grown!" she chirped. After she hugged both of them, she turned to Yun. "Other people showed up. Everyone is waiting for you four. It's time you explained everything," she informed bluntly. Despite her girly appearance, it wouldn't be wise underestimating her temper. Darcie wasn't a ditz, in spite of her love for fashion. A trait she attempted to share with her tomboy bestie.

Yun walked around the truck, picking up Alex's bags. "You're not straining your shoulder, kid," she explained. She hauled the bags over her shoulders, carrying them with little difficulty. She locked her truck before she stepped out. Before she could continue, her other friends, Leon and Griffin, stole the luggage. Griffin stood a whopping six foot two. His friend was a few inches taller, standing at six foot four. Both of them were muscular and athletic, a result from their affinity towards sports. Regardless of her violent nature, Yun was the shortest girl in her small group of friends.

"Don't think you're off the hook Yu. Griff is pissed," Leon warned.

She huffed. "It's not like I asked for this to happen," she muttered dryly.

Leon smirked. "You know he's only concerned. He wasn't exactly happy when he was informed more strangers would be invading his home. You haven't exactly gave us all the details. You were vague on the phone," he reminded.

A sigh escaped her lips. "I didn't want any of you to be involved. What we're about to tell you isn't going to be easy. This isn't a walk in a park. Our lives are at stake," she admitted.

"That's why he's angry. You know how he gets when you're doing everything on your own," Leon countered.

Her expression darkened. "I'd rather die than endanger everyone," she deadpanned.

"You know we'd do the same. You should be lucky I calmed down. I wasn't exactly happy in the beginning. Darcie had to knock me out," Leon revealed.

A frown marred her lips. "With a frying pan?" she guessed.

Leon threw his head back and laughed. "That only happened one time. She used that move you taught her," he answered.

A chuckle rumbled through her chest. "She's a quick learner," she murmured.

Leon wrapped a loose arm around his friend's shoulder. "It's good to see all of you are safe. You can introduce us to him-" he jabbed his thumb against Alex's direction, "-later once all of us are settled inside," he added. He entered the house, leaving Yun at the entrance. She turned and faced Alex. Her brothers walked forward, disappearing through the house. She motioned for Alex to follow. "Do you need any painkillers, kid?" she inquired, observing his shoulder. She contemplated on making a trip to the hospital. All of them were safe for now, residing in the large city of Chicago.

Last edited:
Alex jolted to consciousness as they stopped. Sleepily, he rubbed his eyes. They'd been driving for the past day and a half, and all of his offers to drive had been turned down. As a result, he'd slept for a lot of it. As he climbed out of the truck, Yun was ambushed by her friends. Once she managed to get away from them, she took his bags, and he grinned. "ALEXANDER!" A familiar voice yelled. Sarah slammed into his torso, wrapping her arms around him. He laughed. "Jesus, Sarah." She didn't let go as she spoke. "I heard you were on the run! I haven't seen you in like two weeks and was scared you were hurt!" He laughed and pried her from him. "Look, honey, I'm fine. Bit of a dodgy shoulder, but fine." She nodded, running her hands through her hair. Andy and Jake weren't far behind her, but they were much more restrained in their hugs. He winced as his shoulder hit against Andy's, but managed to hold his grin nonetheless. Andy had an inch or two on him, standing around six one, six two, while Jake was in or around the same height as Alex's 5'11".

"So. What the fuck is happening, dude?" Andy asked as he released him. Alex sighed. "It's a very long story. I'm not going to even start telling you now, because I think I'd only get about half-way through it before myself and Yun would have to tell you again as a whole group." Jake raised an eyebrow. "What's happening between you and her? Are you like... together?" Alex looked at him, laughing. "God, no. A week ago, we wanted to tear the heads off each other. It's complicated. We're friends now, though. Well, like I said, it's complicated." Sarah looked at Yun's brothers. "Are they her brothers? They're kinda cute." Alex laughed.

He'd tried to get attached to as few people as possible, but these three just stuck on him. When he got moody, they'd wind him up mercilessly until he cheered up. They knew not to ask questions, and to leave him alone at times. He'd grown detached from a lot of people- but he knew that he definitely didn't want these fools getting hurt.

"What happened to your shoulder?" Sarah asked as he rolled it a little, wincing. "Ahhh.... bullet wound." They stopped and stared at him. "I'll explain it all in time, I swear. Let's just be glad it wasn't a few inches lower." At that, Yun asked him if he wanted painkillers. He pulled out a bottle of ibuprofen from his bag and shook it a little. "I'll take two of these babies when I get inside."

"ALEXANDER!"

A flash of blonde whizzed past Yun, barreling into Alex's torso. She observed the scene from Griffin's porch. She folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the door frame. A faint smirk painted her lips. She inspected his group of friends, analyzing each individual. Her gaze filled with amusement.

"Are you like...together?"

Yun threw her head back and laughed. She stepped forward, joining the group. "I still want to beat the crap out of him most of the time. Get inside, kids. All of you can catch up later. I'm not going to repeat myself when I'm done explaining my half of the story," she interjected bluntly. Her attention averted towards Alex. She noticed his bottle of Ibuprofen. She nodded in response. "We may have time to take you to a hospital. I doubt my patchwork was decent," she pointed out. Yun turned around and entered her friend's house. She walked through a large foyer and navigated towards the living room. Her brothers, Hyun-Ki and Haneul, were sitting on a couch. Darcie was resting on a recliner. Leon was plopped on the floor, next to her feet. Before she could react, a hand clamped down on her shoulder. She tilted her head back and peered at her last friend, Griffin. He glowered at her, his icy gaze filled with anger. His eyes narrowed, noticing her burn marks. He lifted his hand and pointed in the hallway, motioning at the door connecting to the basement.

"After," he muttered gruffly.

A sigh escaped her lips. "I know," she replied. After she removed his hand, Yun padded across the wooden floor, plopping down next to her brothers. Griffin followed close behind, leaning against a wall on the left side of the sofa. He crossed his arms over his chest. He slipped into a calm demeanor, masking his anger. Yun scanned her surroundings, noting everyone arrived. She leaned forward, resting her arms on her knees. "A few weeks ago, I was killed by a semi truck after protecting my brothers. I died on impact since my skull was crushed. However, I woke up the next day, unscathed. I was inside my own apartment when my last location was in my hometown. I got a call from a mysterious man, promising to explain everything," Yun began. She lifted her hand and jabbed her thumb in Alex's direction. "By the time I got there, he was already inside. We both got the same call. A few minutes later, that bastard called again. He threatened to blackmail us when we protested. That's when we discovered our power. His method was simple; focus on our greatest fear and trigger our ability. I destroyed my cellphone," she continued.

"What is your power?" Darcie interrupted.

Yun directed her attention towards her friend. She retrieved a marble from her leather jacket. She breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. Her marble illuminated a brilliant neon purple, crackling with energy. It levitated above her palm. "Kinetic manipulation. In other words, everything I touch explodes. I recently learned to channel my energy through objects, creating larger explosions," she explained. She curled her hand around the marble, negating her ability. She pocketed her marble. "Alex and I parted ways after we unlocked our ability. I visited my hometown, searching for my brothers. Alex joined Edward, succumbing to his manipulation. Our reunion wasn't exactly pretty," she added. A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "After I discovered my brothers were kidnapped, I blamed Edward. My instincts were correct-" Yun beckoned for Alex to take over, cuing his time to speak. Yun leaned back, wrapping her arms around her brothers' shoulders. She was sitting in the middle of the sofa. Once Alex shared his side of the story, Yun intended to conclude the session with her other half. She made a mental note to inform her friends about their dormant abilities. She wasn't looking forward to it.

Alex followed her in, swallowing at the thought of going to a hospital. They made him nervous for some reason, and he didn't particularly want narcotics. Not now, not when he was at his most vulnerable. She told the first half of the story, and he stepped up to finish it.

"Not that we knew that at the time. We had a, uh, disagreement. However, we overcame them after a confrontation and I discovered that I was able to block out Edward's ability. We threatened Edward, he sent in some henchmen and we blew up half of his apartment. In getting out, we also managed to steal some information. We found where he was keeping her brothers. We broke in, got them out, blew the wall out of a building, and I got this bullet wound. We've been researching on the drive up, and we found your names in some files."

Jake raised his hand. Alex raised an eyebrow at him. "What's your ability?" He asked. Alex ran his good hand through his hair. "I think Edward called it mental manipulation. I can read thoughts, transmit thoughts, force someone to do something, negate their powers, and force them to fall unconscious with one touch. However, I have to be touching someone for it to work."

"However, just finding your names highlighted in files wasn't enough of a concern. Hyun-ki and Haneul weren't the only people in that lab, and he's going after a lot more. His end goal is the eradication of anyone who doesn't have powers, and that's a huge issue. He wants to first try and create something that can give humans powers- but he's perfectly willing to kill. I know that there's only a few of us. But there's a lot of people in this area that also have abilities- and if we can get them on our side, we'll have a substantial force. And we've got to get as many people as we can."

Sarah raised her hand. Alex nodded at her. "She said she got hit by a truck. Did... Did anything happen to you?" He didn't miss the concern in her voice. He could try and sugarcoat it. He could make a joke of it. He could tell her he fell down the stairs or something.

"I was jumped in an alley and stabbed several times. That's the only thing our deaths have in common- they were both violent. We're still trying to figure out what happened, but we're not focusing on that."

He looked at Yun and cleared his throat a little. "And... We believe all of you have abilities too. Andy, I know you said that you'd picked up on yours. I don't know about the rest of you, but we'll be able to help."

A scowl carved into her expression. Yun rose from her seat, walked across the room, and retrieved a backpack containing Edward's stolen laptop. She returned to her spot, placing the device on a table in the middle of the room. "We don't believe, we know. Edward gathered excruciating intel on all of us. Our weaknesses, our past - all of it. I assumed he gathered this information with assistance of few of his supers," she deadpanned. She opened a few files and turned the screen. Her eyes averted towards Andy. "You have super sonic speed-" her gaze shifted to Sarah, "-you can manipulate metal-" her eyes landed on Jake, "-and you can manipulate your DNA and shape-shift, including adapting the ability of your intended form. In other words, a male version of Mystique," she finished. Yun wasn't in the mood to be subtle. She wasn't the type that tiptoed around the situation. Yun direction her attention towards her friends. Her scowl softened a little. "He has files on you three too," she revealed.

Her eyes widened. "What?" Darcie breathed.

"Does that mean-" Leon began.

Yun nodded. "Yes. I'm not sure, but all of your abilities are currently dormant. I'm afraid I only know one method to trigger an ability; fear," she replied. Yun observed Griffin from the corner of his eye. His expression remained unreadable. A sigh escaped her lips. Calming him down wasn't going to be easy, not one bit.

"What do we have?" Griffin inquired.

Yun picked up the laptop, typed in a few names, and summoned their files. She planted the laptop on the table, allowing her friends to scan the content. "Griffin will develop a Psionic shield. He'll be completely immune to every mental based power. However, it doesn't protect him from physical based abilities," she explained. Yun lifted her hand and pointed at another file. "Leon can create portal rifts. Think of Blink from X-Men," she added. Her finger slid down to the last file. "Darcie will be gifted with density shifting, the ability to phase through solid objects," she finished. After her friends finished reading, Yun turned the screen. She closed out of the program and turned off the laptop. Once she closed the lid, Yun rose into a standing position. She folded her arms across her chest. "I'm not going to sugar coat this, kids. Our lives are at stake. Edward gathered a detailed report about us, including our flaws. He developed multiple strategic scenarios, countering several moves we could make. He will use our weaknesses against us, including our personality. He won't hesitate to use anything to destroy us. At one point, he may even attempt to turn us against each other," she declared. Yun flexed her hands, curling her palms into fists. A frown marred her lips.

"Our first goal is destroying his control. I'm certain most of his supers are being manipulated, filled with false hopes. Similar to what Alex faced when he worked with Edward. The only way we can defeat him is beating him at his own game. I have experience with out witting the masters. I know his type. If we expose him for his true intentions, he's going to lose a lot of followers," Yun informed. She raised her hand and pointed at Alex. "He won't stop at nothing to get Alex back. There's a reason both of us survived. We're his key to his dream. I'm suppose to be turned into his secret weapon. Alex is going to be used as a human Cerebro," she added.

"What?" Griffin exclaimed. Her friends followed suit, outraged by the news.

Yun lifted her hand, silencing their protests. "Frankly, I hate this. I hate being around large crowds. I hate having to put my trust in all of you, other than my family and friends. I'm only going to say this once. If Edward managed to convince any of you to betray us, I'm not going to hesitate ending you. I can't afford the safety of our group by one measly mistake. This isn't a game, it's war. Edward has years of experience. One slip up could cost us everything, including our lives. This message will be expanded to our new recruits. We're going have to split up in groups and scout the city, searching for other supers. It's not going to be easy convincing them, but Alex and I will take care of it. If you have further questions, take it to Alex. He knows Edward better than me," she announced, concluding the session. She pivoted to her left, sauntering down a hallway, heading towards the basement.

"Try not to destroy anything, kids," Yun remarked. Griffin followed her without another word, closing the door behind him. Darcie and Leon didn't leave, staying in their spot. Based from experience, they learned it was best to not become involved.

"They're going to end up screaming at each other, aren't they?" Haneul mused knowingly. His eyes gleamed from a recent vision.

"Griff is still pissed. I think it got worse after Yu was destined to become a secret weapon," Darcie answered.

"Both of you are staying up here?" Hyun-Ki mused.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "If you want to get caught in the crossfire, be my guest. I dealt with enough sucker punches trying to stop them. We just learned to deal with it. Griff and Yun talk it out in their own way," Leon countered.

A few minutes later, loud voices were heard from the basement. A few crashes followed, but the screaming didn't stop.

"Is that healthy?" Hyun-Ki remarked.

Leon shrugged. "Yun isn't exactly the calm, rational type. The only way she feels better is through screaming or releasing her anger with violence. Griffin is the only one that could handle her in this type of situation. He may be pissed, but he's just worried. I'm surprised he kept his cool when she told us about being turned into a secret weapon if Edward captured her. That idiot cares way too much," he responded.

"At this rate, she may just be his trigger to his ability. I wonder how we can unlock ours!" Darcie interjected.

Hyun-Ki shook his head. He was aware of his sister's nature. "The basement better not be filled with dangerous objects. Her temper is connected with her ability. It's her most powerful trigger," he retorted.

Last edited:
Alex cleared his throat as Yun left. He felt a little awkward in front of her friends, and shoved his hands in his pockets. A few minutes later, he heard crashes from downstairs. Her brothers and her friends seemed to think that it was probably a better idea to stay out of it, so he just went to sit with Sarah, Andy and Jake. Jake was staring at the floor, looking vaguely dazed. Sarah was staring at a spoon on the coffee table, and he could tell that she was trying to unlock her ability. Andy just looked nervous. He put a hand on Sarah's arm. She jumped. "Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to work. We had to think about what terrified us the most before we could use ours. And it's much better to do it in a controlled environment."

She looked at him. "Why did you decide to work with him? I mean, he'd already blackmailed you. You knew he couldn't be any good. Why?" Alex stared at the floor. "Sarah... You mightn't fully understand. But he promised me power. He gave me power. And when he manipulated me, I couldn't see that what he was doing was wrong. But it was always the power. As a kid, I was always the underdog. He gave me the chance to be more..." He trailed off. She stared at the floor, nodding a little. "Can I see your shoulder?" She asked. He raised his eyebrow, but pulled down the next of the shirt he was wearing to show her the the wound. It was starting to heal up, but obviously after only two days, it still looked pretty nasty. She recoiled a little, and he fixed the collar.

"Are you sure we shouldn't check they're okay? Okay, I haven't heard any explosions, which means that Yun's power hasn't kicked in, but being perfectly honest, that's why I'm a tad concerned."

Darcie tilted her head. "Yun may be violent, but she wouldn't hurt us intentionally, especially Griffin. I'm certain she's holding back since this is Griff's house. His parents don't exactly like her. His father's side of the family is full of cops," she explained. Her eyes filled with curiosity. A small smirk painted her lips. "If you're worried about her, check on her," she added. Her attention averted towards Sarah, Andy, and Jake. She rose from her recliner. "You three want something to drink? Just because we're here on business doesn't mean we have to keep everything strictly business. Lighten up," she informed. Darcie sauntered across the living room, walking towards the kitchen. She raided the refrigerator, retrieving a bottle of water.

Leon inspected his hands. He had the ability to create portal rifts? He listened to Alex's statement. What terrified him the most? Losing his friends? His family? His options were generic, but he didn't care. What was his greatest fear? He tilted his head back, peering at Alex. "I agree with Dar. Check on her if you're concerned," he pointed out. A few minutes later, he sighed. He rose into a standing position. He jammed his hands inside his pockets. He motioned Alex to follow. "Let's go, dude. I'm the only one that could hold Griff back if something went down," he declared. His eyes averted towards his three friends. "Listen to Dar. We might as well get comfortable with each other. You're going to have to build up that trust or else Yun is going to fry your ass. Fair warning, she's a bitch most of the time. We all have our issues, though, so you learn to endure," he reasoned. Darcie returned with three bottles of water. She handed them to Sarah, Andy, and Jake. She mustered up an assuring smile.

"She's not that bad once you get to know her," she assured.

Leon snorted. "This is Neon we're talking about, Dar. She meant it when she said she hated this. Large crowds and socializing isn't her forte," he remarked.

Darcie smacked him in the arm. "She's versatile, Leo. I'm sure she'll endure. If she befriended Alex, she has the potential of mingling with everyone else," she argued.

Leon rubbed his arm. "That's only because he helped her save her brothers. He got it easy. Once you help save her brothers, you're in," he mumbled.

Darcie rolled her eyes. "She could of easily shut him out even if he saved her brothers," she reminded.

Leon shrugged. "Can't blame me for being surprised," he muttered. Leon brushed past her and padded across the wooden floor, heading towards the basement door. He opened it and walked down the steps. His mind recalled the first time he interfered with a brawl. His hand instinctively grasped his jaw. He made a mental note to stay out of the target zone. Despite her short height, Yun packed a mean punch. After he climbed down on the last step, Leon observed the scene in front of him. An eyebrow raised in response. The basement consisted of a large room. A hallway was built off to the side, containing a few rooms. A few items were demolished, but it looked intact. Leon was correct about his previous statement. Yun was holding back. If this was a different house, there would be more damage. She was currently sitting on the floor, leaning against a wall. Griffin flanked her side, massaging his forehead. Her arm was wrapped around him in a consoling manner. She lifted her head and stared at Leon.

"Our reunion was cut short. Griff unlocked his ability," she explained.

An eyebrow raised in response. "Well, bringing Alex here was a good idea. He can be Griff's first test subject," Leon replied.

A scowl carved into his expression. "Be prepared for searing pain, Leo. It wasn't a walk in the park," Griffin grumbled. A splitting migraine pierced through his skull. He was in the middle of interrogating Yun before his ability triggered. His largest fear was simple; losing Yun. Underneath his rage, he was concerned. However, he wasn't the type that expressed his emotions openly. It was a trait he shared with Yun. He direction his attention towards Alex. His scowl deepened. He removed Yun's arm from his shoulders and stood. He strode across his basement and loomed over Alex. "I'm suppose to be immune to all mental based abilities. Touch my arm and see if it worked," he demanded. He held out his arm for emphasize.

Yun ran a hand through her hair. Calming him down wasn't easy. After she entered the basement, he demanded answers. Once she laid down her cards, it transformed into a fight. Her temper flared, resulting objects flying in the air. Both of them released their anger through combat. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but Griffin was stronger than her. He knew her fighting style, her favorite moves. Albeit, she wasn't completely predictable, Griffin was perceptive. He was her primary sparring partner. He taught her more than just martial arts. He gained his experience through his family. Her heart twisted with guilt. She was too stubborn to admit he was right. Yun refused to reveal what transpired. A hand entered her field of vision. Yun snapped out of her thoughts. She raised her head and gazed at her other friend, Leon. She grasped his hand silently, hauling herself up. She rubbed her right palm. It was completely bloody. She may have punched a wall without using her power. Yun was amazed she gained enough control. However, it busted her knuckles. Unfortunately, her stunt triggered Griffin's ability. When he collapsed, she regretted her action almost immediately. Yun didn't want to unlock his ability this soon. "I need a beer," Yun muttered. She moved across the basement and climbed up the steps, exiting the basement. Yun navigated towards the kitchen, ransacking the refrigerator for a cold bottle of beer.

"That bad, huh?" Darcie inquired. She heard Yun's loud footsteps. Her combat boots weren't meant for stealth.

"I think I broke the record this time," Yun admitted.

Darcie winced. "He's right, you know. We all have to watch each other's back, Yu. I know you don't like it, but Griff isn't going to let you be the human shield anymore," she announced.

A bitter laugh escaped her lips. She popped off the bottle cap and sipped her beer. "Protecting is my forte, Dar. No one threatens my family or friends," she countered defiantly.

Darcie shook her head. "And protecting you from going too far is our forte, Yu," she mused.

A frown marred her lips. "I know," she murmured. Yun exited the kitchen and returned to the living room. She plopped down on the couch, sitting between her two brothers. A part of her was tempted to drain the refrigerator, but a hangover wasn't her best option. As a result, Yun settled for one bottle. Her eyes flickered towards Alex's group of friends. She slipped into an unreadable expression. "Are you three ready to unlock your power?" she drawled.

Last edited:
Alex left the room, leaving Andy, Jake and Sarah to sit there awkwardly. As the other girl, Darcie, gave them a drink, they all managed grins. Jake shrugged. "They're some pair, aren't they? I certainly wouldn't want to cross either of them." Sarah nodded, taking a mouthful of water. "I'm with you on that one. Alex can be a right asshole when he's in a bad mood." Andy nodded. "It's kinda funny how well they're getting along. I'm surprised they still haven't got guns to each other's heads."

Alex followed Leon downstairs, bracing himself as he walked in. However, he was pleasantly surprised. Yun was sitting on the floor with her arm around Griff. It appeared he'd unlocked his ability. Alex nodded at the request to see if it worked, clamping his hand down on Griff's arm. He braced himself for the influx of thoughts, but was pleased to only hear his own. As a test, he tried forcing the taller man to hold up three fingers. Again, nothing. He even tried forcing him to go unconscious, but nothing. Nada. Zilch. "Well, you're immune to my ability, anyway. The good news is, that more than likely means that you're immune to Edward as well. If he can't worm his way in, then all you have to worry about his his gun."

They followed Yun upstairs. Alex retrieved a bottle of water from the refrigerator and walked in to hear Yun asking if his three friends were ready to unlock their abilities. Andy raised his hand a bit nervously. "Mine's kinda manifested. Kinda. It just kicks in sometimes. I can't control it." Alex frowned and walked to stand beside Yun, swallowing the two ibuprofen. "What caused it to first kick in?" He asked, taking another mouthful of water to wash down the taste of the pills. They weren't strong enough, but they meant that his shoulder was a dull ache as opposed to a constant burning pain. "Um.... A nightmare. I woke up after it and when I went for my run to try and calm down, I circled the block in under a minute. I actually think it was a second, if that" Alex frowned. "Okay. We'll come back to you." He looked at Yun. "I can work with these, if you want to try and sort out your own friends."

"Jake, we'll start with you. I think that fear works best, although it's looking like anger can work as well. We'll try it with fear first. Close your eyes." Jake did as he was told as Alex squatted in front of him, watching his face carefully. "Think of your deepest, darkest fear. Something that terrifies you. It can be anything, and you don't have to tell me. Just think about it." He noticed Jake's knuckles tightening as they curled into fists, and the colour draining from his face. Jake's skin rippled blue, before Alex was squatting in front of his mirror image. Alex laughed a little. "Jake. Open your eyes." He did so and looked down at himself. Even his clothes had changed to match Alex's, and Alex held up the screen of his phone to serve as a mirror. Jake's borrowed face paled as he saw the reflection. "Holy shit," He gasped. "Try turning back into your own body." Jake's skin rippled blue again, and he turned back to his usual self.

"Awesome." He grinned, turning first into Sarah, then Yun, and back into his own skin. Alex straightened up and looked at Sarah. "I'm taking you outside and away from any important metal objects." She nodded and followed him out. He walked what he felt was a safe enough distance from the cars, before taking out the gun and placing it flat on his hand. "Okay. Do exactly what I told Jake to do. Close your eyes. Think of whatever frightens you the most." The girl did so. After a few moments, she fell to her knees. Alex's gun went flying out of his hand, and he followed it over to her. She opened her eyes and saw the gun flying towards her. On instinct, she threw out her hands and it stopped midair. Alex skidded to a stop.

She stared at the gun, drawing it into her own hands. Alex grinned. "Magnetism." He walked over to her and took back the gun, sliding it into the holster beneath his jacket and holding out a hand to pull her to the feet. He went back inside and looked at Andy. "Right. Let's try and sort you out."

"Your nightmare must have started the process, but you woke up before it could kick in. So, you're going to have to think about the nightmare again. Just think about it until you feel something change." He nodded, closing his eyes. After barely a few seconds, he gasped, his eyes fluttering open. Alex nodded. "Right. Come on then, show us your speed!" He pulled out the borrowed phone and found the stopwatch, tapping into it. "Do a lap of the house." Andy nodded, and Alex tapped the button as he left. He was back standing beside Alex before Alex even had his finger fully off the button. Alex just looked at him. "That was actually too quick for me to time." Andy grinned. They headed back inside, both taking swigs out of their water. Andy's speed seemed to be a lot more natural now- he kept slipping into it almost subconsciously. One moment he was standing, the next he was sitting comfortably on the couch.

Griffin nodded. He recalled a previous statement from Yun. If he concentrated, he could project his ability offensively, creating a barrier. It would protect everyone underneath from mental based powers, including Yun. He intended to protect his friends. After Alex climbed up the stairs, Leon and Griffin followed. He walked into his kitchen, retrieving a bottle of water from his refrigerator. He unscrewed the cap and sipped it. He exited his kitchen, sauntering towards his living room. He walked across the floor, plopping down on a recliner. Darcie and Leon stood next to Griffin, flanking his sides. "Unlocking your ability isn't going to be easy," Griffin drawled, directing his comment towards Leon and Darcie. His eyes averted towards his friend, Yun.

"...if you want to try and sort out your own friends."

Yun didn't respond. Her gaze shifted towards her friends. "Who wants to go first?" she inquired, referring to Darcie and Leon. She lifted her bottle and sipped her beer. Fortunately, her nerves were calming down. A few minutes later, Darcie raised her hand, nominating herself. Yun leaned forward, placing her beer on the table. She extended her arm forward, motioning for Darcie to move closer. Her friend complied, walking closer to Yun. She rose from her seat, clamping a hand down on Darcie's shoulder. She peered into her best friend's eyes. "Fear is a stronger emotion than hatred. I want you to close your eyes and focus on the most terrifying thing in your life," she instructed. Once her friend closed her eyes, Yun waited patiently. "After you focused, let's test it. Run through the couch-" she pointed at her previous seat, "-and phase through the wall. It should take you directly outside," she added.

Darcie breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. Her deepest fear was simple; drowning. She developed a borderline phobia of large quantities of water. Due to her fear, she couldn't swim. A shiver surged down her spine. A foreign sensation blossomed inside her chest. A headache pierced through her skull. She opened her eyes, focusing on the wall. Her eyes narrowed with determination. Once Yun stepped aside, Darcie bolted forward. Much to her amazement, she phased right through the couch, including the wall! Darcie stumbled outside, whipping her head back. She inspected herself, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. A laugh bubbled inside her chest. "I did it!" she exclaimed. She retraced her steps, phasing through the wall before someone spotted her. She lept forward, embracing her friend. "I feel like Shadowcat! We better come up with code names, Yu!" she chirped.

A smirk plastered on her face. She returned the embrace. "This is rich coming from you. If I recall, you mocked me about my interest in comics," she pointed out.

Darcie rolled her eyes. "And I still will. This is different, though," she snarked.

A chuckle elicited from her throat. "I guess so," Yun agreed. She broke their embrace and focused her attention on Leon. "You're next," she announced.

Leon waved his hand dismissively. "I know, I know," he replied. He closed his eyes and concentrated. What was his deepest fear? Frankly, he been contemplating for awhile. Suddenly, an image surfaced inside his mind; witnessing his friends' death. He gritted his teeth in response. Anger bubbled inside his chest. He refused to let that happen. A burning sensation traveled down his arms, filling his veins with molten hot lava. His expression contorted with pain. His instincts screamed to release. Leon extended his arm forward. His palm illuminated a brilliant neon green. A rift tore through the air, creating a portal. The edges of the rift glimmered a brilliant green, identical to the glow on his hand. He opened his eyes. His gaze filled with awe. "Wicked," he breathed. His portal created an image of the basement.

Yun observed the portal rift. "Time to test it," she declared. Before anyone could react, she stepped through the portal. Her friend closed it in alarm, not expecting her to become a tester. Moments later, the basement door opened, revealing Yun. She walked inside the living room, unscathed. A small smile painted her lips. "Works like a charm," she mused.

Leon grumbled a few words in his native tongue, German. Her stunt didn't surprise him, not one bit. He racked a hand through his hair. "I guess we all unlocked our abilities," he announced. He leaned against a wall, folding his arms across his chest. He assumed he would have to practice using his ability. He wondered about his limitations. Did he have to physically visit the place his rifts created? It was similar to teleportation, but different. His gaze flickered towards Hyun-Ki. At one point, Darcie questioned their abilities. Hyun-Ki demonstrated his ability, along with Haneul.

Yun sauntered towards Alex's group of friends. She jammed her hands in her leather jacket pockets. "Do any of you know how to fight? What experience do you have in combat?" she demanded bluntly. She jabbed a thumb in Alex's direction. "I'm suppose to teach him close combat, including parkour. Speak up if you need help 'cause frankly, I'm not going to give it if you're shy about it," she continued. She pointed another finger in Griffin's direction. "He's an expert as well. Edward has trained forces at his disposal. You need to learn how to fight if you want to survive," she explained.

They looked at each other. Sarah shrugged. "My dad is a black belt in like five different forms of martial arts, and also was a navy seal. He taught me a few things. Jake, stand up." He did so. Sarah barely reached his shoulder, but he braced himself, knowing that whatever she was about to do was going to hurt. He'd been her victim on many a demonstration before. "Grab me from behind." She ordered, turning around. He did so, bracing himself. Before he really knew what had happened, Sarah had managed to flip him over her shoulder and throw him onto the ground. The air left his lungs in a rush and he saw stars. She turned around and grinned. "You know, just a few important self defence tricks. " Jake raised his hand from where he lay on the ground. "I think I need some lessons..." He groaned, sitting up. Andy and Alex laughed from where they sat on the couch. Andy shrugged. "A little training wouldn't go amiss. I've done a little kick boxing, but nowhere near Sarah's level." He grinned broadly. "Although they'd have to catch me first."

Sarah glanced at Alex. He'd clearly cut his own hair, because it was a mess. He seemed on the pale side, and she could see from the way he was sitting that his shoulder was sore. His clothes were creased. To be blunt, he looked like shit. He probably felt it. She noticed how he sat slightly away from everyone, and how he kept his skin covered as much as possible. His power wasn't easy. Any form of physical contact, and he had a rush of thoughts that weren't his own in his head.

"We're hardly going to start training tonight, though? I mean, it's starting to get late, and we all had a decent drive to get here." Andy asked, taking a swig of water. Alex looked at Yun and shook his head. "I don't think so. I'm certainly not in the mood to more than likely make a fool of myself, and I doubt Yun wants to try and work with us amateurs either."

Yun observed the demonstration in front of her. An eyebrow raised in response. She looked unimpressed. Her attention averted towards Andy. A scowl carved into her expression. "Don't be an idiot, kid. It's almost midnight. I suggest everyone find a room and crash. We're not going to start training until we find more recruits. That's our first priority," she deadpanned. Her gaze flickered towards Alex. She stepped forward, jabbing a finger against his chest. "I'm taking you to the hospital first thing in the morning, kid. I know you feel like shit. That shoulder needs to be checked by a professional," she declared. Yun turned around and exited the living room, heading towards the stairs. Her brothers followed her, picking up her large duffel bags on the way. Fortunately, the large home contained twelve bedrooms, six on each floor, excluding the first. Yun climbed up the steps, arriving on the third floor. She picked the first door on the left, closest to the stairs. It was a spacious room with a large king sized bed. Each floor contained one bathroom. Unfortunately, it was separated from every room. A a result, she was forced to share. Normally, it didn't bother her. On the other hand, she wasn't looking forward to mingling with complete strangers. Hopefully, she didn't have to deal with bathroom hoggers. Her friend, Darcie, was enough trouble. Her brothers, Haneul and Hyun-Ki, chose the room next to hers.

"Did you resolve everything with Griffin?" Haneul inquired.

Yun was currently shuffling through her first duffel bag, selecting a pair of pajamas. She lifted her head and peered at her brother. "Basically," she answered.

"You need to patch up your hand, sis. It looks bloody," Hyun-Ki pointed out.

Yun inspected her busted knuckles. A sigh escaped her lips. "I'll deal with that later," she grumbled.

Hyun-Ki disappeared in a puff of dark blue smoke. Moments later, he returned with a first aid kit. He placed the box on top of Yun's bed. "You're welcome," he declared. He walked out of the room, dragging his twin with him. He sensed Yun wanted to be alone for now. After they closed the door, Yun changed into a pair of black boy shorts and a old 3/4 quarter-sleeved black baseball shirt with a Batman logo on front. Yun pulled her hair into a short ponytail. She walked over to her bed, taking a seat. She opened the first aid kit, retrieving a bottle of rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and bandages. Yun fixed her wound silently, ignoring the stinging sensation from the alcohol. Once she wrapped her hand, she secured it with medical tape. Yun closed the first aid kit and slipped off her bed. She picked it up, walking towards her door. Suddenly, Hyun-Ki appeared behind her, courtesy of Haneul's vision.

"I'll take that for you," Hyun-Ki announced.

Yun handed him the box. "If you boys want your pajamas, you better get them soon," she informed, referring to her other duffel bag. Since they were kidnapped, Yun was forced to compensate for their lack of personal attire. Fortunately, she had clothes that would fit their size.

Hyun-Ki nodded. "Rodger," he complied. He vanished without another word.

Yun walked out of her room, not caring her legs were exposed, revealing her tattoos. She removed her combat boots and socks, exposing her feet. The only tattoo that was covered was on her back. Other than that, the rest were shown. She walked down the stairs, entering the living room. She picked up her beer from the table.

"When did you get those?" Darcie questioned, pointing at her matching leg tattoos.

"A week before my birthday. It was an early birthday present for myself," Yun countered. She downed the rest of her beer, ignoring the lukewarm taste. Yun pivoted to her right and walked into the kitchen, dumping her empty bottle in the trash.

"I'll never understand your affinity for tattoos. I hate needles," Darcie muttered, following her friend.

"High tolerance towards pain, I guess," Yun mused.

"Should you really be parading in your pajamas like that?" Darcie teased. She motioned towards Yun's boy shorts.

Yun snorted. "They're long enough to be shorts, not underwear. No one is stupid enough to stare at my ass," she pointed out.

Darcie chuckled. "I don't know about that, Yu. Boys are notorious for being idiots," she reminded.

Yun resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Appreciate your concern, but I'm sure I already established what would happen if they were caught," she remarked. Yun walked out of the kitchen, heading for the stairs. She climbed up the steps, returning to her room. She closed the door behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.