Their Last Chance

It only took them a day to get to Florida, but it took them late into the night to get to Isle's vacation home. It was way out of civilization and hot. Nika unclipped the cape from around her neck and made to hand it to him.

Isle smiled and said, "Keep it."

"Are you sure?" Nika asked. Her voice sounded sad and tired.

Isle nodded. "Yes. I will show you to your rooms." He showed Nika to hers, opening the door for her and closing it behind her as she stepped inside. Isle then showed Ryder to his room. "Ryder...I would like to talk to you, before you retire, if it's alright." He seemed troubled by something.

Ryder followed and then looked a bit shocked by his request

" umm sure"

"Thank you." He shut the door behind them, and looking troubled, trying to figure out how to best begin. "Did you talk to your Nika at all during the plane ride?" He asked, looking at Ryder with his black eyes.

He watched him closley

" no why?"

He ran a hand through his dark brown hair that looked black in the dim lighting. "Because she needs you to. She needs you in general. If you paid close attention to her emotions, you would find she is quite depressed. I am only trying to cheer her up." He explained.
Nika flopped down on her bed, starring up at the ceiling, Isle's cape laid over her like a blanket, her arms behind her head. She cried silently, wishing Ryder would talk to her. They had become so distant she was starting to wonder if they could ever fill the canyon between them.

Ryder thought for a moment

" its not the same as before....i..i want to be there for her i love her but iv'e been feeling distant ever since she bit me like it was something wrong...i know she regrets doing it i could tell.. before all this we were happy now...i dont think she's happy with me anymore and it feels like theres nothing i can do"

His voice barley came out and his eyes filled with sadness he handen't felt in a long time

"Perhaps it is you then." Isle said simply, and left Ryder to think about his words and left to check on Nika. He knocked on her door and entered.

When Nika heard her bedroom door being opened, she opened her eyes and quickly brushed away the tears that had fallen and sat up. She had hoped it was Ryder, but her face fell a little when she saw it was only Isle.

"Would you like to take a walk? There is still time for one, if you feel up to it." Isle gave her a smile.

Nika thought about it for a moment and then nodded. "Sure." She agreed quietly, putting on his cape again and walking out with him.

Ryder stood shocked by his comment was it him? were they not ment to be? he felt a whole new feeling and he didn't know how to react, walking twords nika's door he stoped seeing her walking with isle he felt a whole knew way, he walked to his room and got cleaned up before opening his window and jumping out heading off.

"I feel like I've lost him." Nika said, tears in her voice. She quickly wiped them away with a shaky hand and leaned against a tree, wrapping her arms around herself as if she was cold. She sank to the ground, unable to stop the tears from flowing.

Ryder walked around looking at the couples and he looked with anger sadness and jelously we was inlove with nika he didn't want to lose her but he didn't know what to do, he kept walking

Isle's eyes gleamed as he saw his perfect chance. He was the council's last chance to set things right again. "Then let me help you." He said suddenly. Before she had time to react, he grabbed her by the back of her neck and tilted her head back, exposing her neck and bit down, hearing her gasp, and drank heavily.

Ryder trolled around until he got bored he walked back spotting two figures close it was nika and isle..biting nika he ran over shoving isle off her

"what the hell are you doing!?"

Isle let himself be shoved and Nika colapsed to the ground, unconsous.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Isle asked, Nika's blood all down his chin and neck.

He caught nika shaking her slightly

" why the fuck were you biting her was my question"

He looked down at nika

She groaned when Ryder shook her but otherwise didn't wake.

"I can no longer feed from humans." He answered truthfully, his eyes gleaming dangerously. In truth however, he had to keep Nika too drained for them to make another power potion of blood or for Ryder to try anything else.

Ryder got a bad vibe off the guy and immeditally stood carrying nika in his arms

" human blood dosen't feed my needs but dont ever touch her agaiin"

He pulled out a tube of blood and opened it pouring it in nika's mouth

"drink you'll feel much better"

then he looked at isle with almost black eyes

" i should have know better then to trust a council member"

Isle smirked. "I am the most powerful of them all as well. All I have to do is put an idea in your head and you'll follow." He looked at Nika, her blood still on his lips. "Do not think to defeat me fledling."

Ryder laughed and carried nika away

" thats nice i bet you can never said anything other...sir"

He couldn't help but snikker as he walked away tword the streets were he called a cab it stopped and he placed nika in and got in

" ariport sir"

Isle smirked. To bad Ryder left before he could explain about his venom that he had placed in Nika's system. It was no ordinary bite mark. It a curse bite mark. Black magic he had learned. He shook his head and walked inside.
Nika groaned again and coughed up the blood Ryder had given her, though she still hadn't woken yet.

Ryder looked at her and knew what it was he read it in his parents secrect book and he knew exactly what to do he got them to the airport and and caught the first flight back he looked at nika's wound and wipped her mouth

" your going to be ok"

He looked at the little blood left in the tube and he had to wait till the plane landed to do it