Their Last Chance

She cried for a long time against him until her tears dried up on their own. She looked around them then. "Where are we?" She asked quietly, feeling tired now that she had let herself cry everything out.

"were at some place i dont know but were going to find my parents"

He wipped her tears away

"Why your parents?" She wondered. It looked like they were on a back road, with nothing but trees and woods surrounding them.

"because they can help kill the council"

he walked back to the car

"Oh." She sighed in relief, thinking that he had thoughts to kill them. She climbed in the car after him.

He drove to he reached an large house and he got out he walked to the door and knocked knowing they'ed be here

" who is it said a voice it was his father"

he sighed and knocked again

" open the door..father"

Nika took Ryder's hand in hers as they waited. The door opened then. Ryder's father's eyes was cold as he looked at his son. "Why have you come?" He asked, shooting a hard look at Nika.

Ryder gritted his teeth as he looked at his father

" we need your help killing the council"

His father laughed hard

" you think im going to help you and your little girlfreind who turned you into a monster!?

His voice was filled with anger yet a hint of sadness

Ryder stared at him

" it was my choice to get bit"

"And so now you have the nerve to come here aftering siding with...them?"

Nika glared at him. "Why won't you help your only son?" She growled, and her hand flashed to his throat, her nails digging into his skin.

Ryder placed his hand over nika's

" let him go"

He looked at his dad

" no matter what your still my father and why wont you help! i cant change the fact that i fell inlove with her before i knew she was a vamp and i still would be with her even if i knew before its not about race father its about how you feel for someone or have you lost sight of that?"

"Both sides have their laws Ryder. Don't you forget that." He growled and slammed the door shut and locked it, leaving the two of them standing outside.

Nika's eyes narrowed dangerously and her eyes turned a bright red. It wasn't that Ryder's father wouldn't help them, but the fact that he was basically being such an asshole to his own son.

Ryder sighed and stared to turn and he spotted his mother who seemed to be heading in thehouse until she spotted them

" mother..."

He couldn't get the words out she was probubally just as cold as his father was

His mother blinked. "Oh. You're back." She looked at him with no emotion and Nika growled, her eyes still a cherry red.

" i need your help"

His voice pleading almost as he waited for her to answer he saw nika's eyes

His mother stiffened. "You want my help? After you almost killed me?"

Nika's eyes blazed brighter still. The way his parents were treating him was really pissing her off. Even after his parents had threatened to kill her he still cared enough for them to ask them for help and they were denying him. She shook where she stood, trying to keep herself from doing something she would regret.

" yes and i wasn't going to kill you just scare father into letting nika go...please"

he waited looking at her with sad eyes

"You are one of them now Ryder. I'm sorry." She said, sounding like she meant it.

At that Nika couldn't help herself. She lunged. Ryder's Mother saw her coming however and pulled a hidden stake from her baggy sweatshirt, shoving the stake just underneath her ribs.

Ryder stood shocked and he pulled the stake out he had no other choice he slammed his mother into the ground

" im so sorry for this"

He bit down on her neck and drank her blood in gulps then stopped he bit his wrist and placed them to her lips just then his father opened the door

In an instant Ryder's father pulled him away from his Mother. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He roared.

Ryder smiled and glared at his father

" its to late she drank my blood..she's on of us"

He helped nika up and looked at his mother