Their Last Chance

She sighed and rolled her eyes but didn't say anything, just kept following Isle.

"How much further?" Nika wondered after a while.

Isle looked at her. "Just a bit more. Not much longer."

Ryder let go and distanced himself walking slower and looked around before back at the two his was caught up in his thoughts he wanted two things but each one would cause hate pain and death..he looked back and then shook his head once this was over he needed to do one last thing..

Nika looked back at Ryder, worried. What's on your mind? She asked him, noticing he had put some distance from her.

He didn't answer he just continued to walk as he clenched his fist and kept his eyes on the ground.

Nika sighed when he didn't answer. Fine. She snapped, suddenly bumping into Isle. "Sorry." She muttered.

"It's quite alright." He said. "We've reached the end." He smiled at her and reached up and tugged on a rope. Dirt fell onto them and he gently moved her back as a secret stairway came down, leading outside. "This is our escape."

He walked and looked at the escape

" thank you"

He spoke kindly before walking out

"After you miss Nika." Isle said as she climbed out after Ryder. Isle climbed out after her and closed the trap door. "Something the matter?" Isle asked her, glancing at Ryder.

Nika took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled. "No." She answered, avoiding Ryder's eyes.

"Of course." He answered, and started walking again. "I will take you to my home. Are you comfterable with flying?" He asked, taking off his red cape and putting it on Nika. He was bigger then she was and it trailed on the floor. "Do not worry about getting it dirty. It can be cleaned."

Nika smiled but it quickly faded. "Thanks. And yeah, I'm okay with flying."

Ryder shot a glance at nika but said nothing then turned to Isle

" um flying?"

He looked at them both from one to another and then looked at the ground

Isle laughed a musical laugh. "In an airplane." He said, smiling.

Nika looked down at Ryder's angry glance at her after Isle put his cape around her.

Isle saw the angry glance between them and Nika's reaction and his smile faded a little, though he pretended not to notice for the most part.

Ryder gritted his teeth but then took a deep breath

" okay well lead the way"

He tried to have a calm voice but he couldnt will the the anger he was feeling

"Of course." Isle agreed and turned and started walking.

Nika followed him. Ryder...talk to me. Please. What's wrong? You aren't jelous of Isle are you? She wondered, casting a worried glance at Ryder.

Ryder rolled his eyes and looked at isle and then at nika

what do you think.

He looked down his anger slowly going away

I'm not going to leave you Ryder. Not just because he's friendly and puts a cape around my shoulders. He just wants to help us. She thought as they followed him to the nearest air port.

He walked into the airport and stopped breifty

fine....

Nika sighed and kept following Isle. "Where are we going?" She asked curiously.

Isle smiled. "To Florida." He got the three of them plane tickets and handed one to Ryder and Nika. "We leave now." He said, and hurried them onto their plane. People stared at them, but Isle payed them no mind. He had gotten them first class seats and made Ryder and Nika sit next to each other while he sat on the seat furthest from the window.

Ryder took his seat and looked over at isle

" why so far away?"

"Because it will keep you safe until you are ready to defeat the council. Or at least change the order." Isle explained. "And because I have a vacation home there that we can stay in."

Nika stared glumly out of the window as she listened to Isle answer Ryder's question, still wearing his red cape he had let her wear.

Ryder chuckled slightly

" no i mean the seats why are you sitting so far away"

His eyes brightened and he looked at Nika, but otherwise didn't answer, instead leaning back in his seat and taking a drink that the flight attendant brought.

Ryder saw his look at nika and he raised his eyebrow but said nothing, he fidgeted uncomfortabally and looked anywere but the both of them.