Their Last Chance

She leaned weakly against him, her eyes a dark green, the darkest green they had ever been, almost black. She finally woke, though when she did, she craved nothing but Ryder's blood. All of it. She had no idea how she resisted, but she did, though it took all of her self control to keep from drinking his blood right there in the plane.

He helped her out of the plane and carried her to they got to a rental car he broke in and placed her in the passenger side he got in and drove stopping he leaned over

" how are you feeling?"

She looked over at him, her eyes pure black now. "Terrible." She groaned. She looked around suddenly. "What happened? Why aren't we with Isle?" She wondered, a bit groggy.

" he lied he was one of them using us to get us distracted then he bite you and your cursed..i know how to heal you he bit his wrist and the looked at her

" drink then drink the blood from the tube"

She took his wrist and bit down, drinking heavily, her eyes slowly turning back to their normal green before drinking the blood in the tube. She sighed in relief when she felt like herself again, and licked his wrist to heal it. She looked out of the window for a bit and then looked back at Ryder.

"Ryder...tell me something...do you hate me for what I've done to you?" She asked, wipping the blood from her lips.

Ryder looked at her for a long moment

" i hate myself nika...i know you wish i was human that was the one thing you loved about me i saw the resentment in your eyes when i turned, the small commenst and sighs about my heart not beating..not craving my blood anymore"'

He looked away buring his face in his hands

She gently took his wrists and pulled them down from his face. "Hey..." She whispered gently, and took his face in her hands, forcing him to look at her. "I still love you Ryder. Always. Until the end. But you've grown so distant from me." Her smile faded.

He looked at her weak

" i dont know what else to do..i wish i was human then you'd love me like before"

His voice was shaky and he looked into her eyes

Anger flashed like lightning in her eyes but her voice was calm. "Is that what you think? That I don't love you like before?" She asked, still holding his face in her hands. "I've been trying Ryder. You've just been pushing me away and become blind in your hatred of yourself." She let go of him and got out of the car.

Ryder stood still for a moment the words shotting through him like bullets he got out the car and grabbed her pinning her against the car he sighed and pressed his lips against her for a moment before hugging her

"im sorry"

She tried to smile but wasn't very successful. She carressed his jaw bone, stopping at his chin. "Even if you were an alien with tentacels I would still love you." She leaned her head against his chest. "Please don't ever assume that I don't." She asked, closing her eyes against him.

He held her close

" im sorry i know you love me either way"

He rubbed her back

She relaxed more in his arms as he rubbed her back.

I can't loose you.

She thought, shaking a little against him. She had lost to much already and he was the only thing she still had.

Ryder pulled back and stared at her

" im not leaving and you wont loose me..i love you"

He kissed her lovingly

She held onto him tightly, afraid to let go, afraid he would vanish in a puff of smoke if he did.

He continued to hug her

"are you ok?"

"No." She said, her 'no' sounding mixed up with a sob that she had been trying to hold back.

He held her tigher

" its okay to cry but i mean what i say you wont loose me"

Then please don't ever distance yourself like that from me again. She thought, not able to trust herself to speak. She tried to stop herself from breaking down, but the harder she tried, the harder it was not to. She cried against his chest, letting it all out finally.

He felt bad that she was crying, he rubbed her back

" i promise i wont distance myself from you again"