The World of Narif (Sign-up/OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta you said there was a difference between dark and evil magic. Dark is the manipulation of shadows and darkness, while evil is corrupted forms of other magics.

Yes I did, but I didn't list Dark Glyphs in my magic post. Dark Glyphs utilize Evil Magic and Shadows to make the Glyphs. Also, I just couldnt find a proper name for it, as Evil Glyphs sounds redundant and kind of stupid.

Actually, I just thought of something. Maski will use Corrupted Glyphs instead. I'll edit my post once I awaken. Ignore my previous post Shiro, you can use Dark Glyphs.

Yeah, I thought Evil sounded stupid too so I was trying to think of a better name for it earlier.

Finished

• Landmass: The Ocean Styx-Olive Landmass

Appearance:
    [BCOLOR=#ffffff]
    0092.jpg
    [/BCOLOR]
    He stands tall at 8 ft 10, and weighs 575 pounds. He has a medium, athletic build, and wears hardly any clothing, only a decorated loincloth and cape, and various forms of jewelry. His scales have a metallic coloring, and change in colors based on light, ranging from a blue-purple to a pale-green.

Name:
    Ha Ghhu Gannt Iat

Nickname:
    The Styx King

Age: he would be an elder, but due to the Taint, he still looks to be in his 20s.

Family:

Lhuftftul-Father, Ghoulified
    La'guththat-Brother, Head Priest
    U'lhaiat-Mother, Deceased
    Kukav-New Father, Demon Lord

Skills:
    -Artist
    -Royal Status
    -Fish Tamer
    -Ritualist

Special Skills:
    -Trident Usage
    -Hellfire Taint User

Weapon/s:
    th

A trident made from the forges of the Demon world. It is razor sharp, guaranteed to pierce any metal. It is also Tainted, and reathed in Hellfire whenever it is ready for combat.

Good Traits:
    Leads With Complete Loyalty and Support from His People
    Strategic
    Will Never Give Up In A Fight
    Polite

Bad Traits:
    Thrall to the Demon Lord
    Sadistic & Merciless
    Tenacious unless ordered to stop by the Taint

Personality: He has the common characteristics of a great leader. Bravery, Charisma, and an undying Loyalty to his people. He is always polite, and if you don't get in his away or if you help his goal of purification, he is perfectly affable. When in battle or completing a mission, however, he is cold, calculating, and sadistic, never giving up unless otherwise told, and employs savage, brutal tactics to obtain his goal of "Purification".

Past: He is a son of a noble, and the next heir to the throne. He was a good son, obeying his parents and respecting his subjects, gaining him a good deal of respect and admiration. He dabbled into the Taint, since it was the popular art of the time, so he added the art along with his other hobbies. When the Demons appeared, and began to ravage the kingdom, he decided to make appeasement with them, so that they may be saved. He now rules this kingdom, having slayed his mother and father in a tainted rage, and serves his new father, Kukav

How they came to power: Sold out his people for their continued survival.

Ambition: Purify(Taint) the world

• Name: The Kingdom of Styx

Coat of Arms:
    th

Population: Merfolk and Demons.

Capital City Name: Styx.

Capital City Location: The city is the large island landmass.

Capital City Description:
    th

Minor City: The Tower. It spans the small island, and stands above the ocean, tall enough for many to see off the coast.

th

Military Units:

Merfolk
    Warriors: Your typical soldier. They wield a spear for thrusting, a javelin to throw, and a small shield.

Priests: They act as the General/Mage. They lead their men into battle, and support their men through demonic taint spells and zealous shouts. They wield a ritual knife, as both a catalyst for their taint, and for combat when necessary.

Ghouls: Those who have been hit particularly hard by the taint, they wield nothing but their razor sharp teeth and claws, and act more as rabid animals than as men. They also mutate constantly, changing rapidly through each wound struck on them.

Royal Guard: Like the warriors, only with decorated tridents and capes, symbolizing their status. Only the best of the best and most trusted become guards.

Harpooners: The ranged unit. They wield barbed harpoons, shot through high-powered crossbows. They have a rope attached, and have a mechanism attached to reel back the harpoon, along with their catch. They have a quiver of harpoons for resupply on a stuck harpoon, or for close ranged combat.

Demons: All are able to use Taint magic, which comes in Fire, Frost, Blood, Soul, Shadow, and Disease varieties. Demons come in many shapes and sizes, but they always manifest as

Zombies: The mortal creatures who fell into the Demon realms and were torture ceaselessly since. They are slow and fragile, but they need the portal only to enter, they are able to live without it. They constantly yearn for the life of living mortals, and will take any mortals life to regain theirs.

Imps: Tier 1. Small and weak, but many in number, and quite stealthy. They are mischievous, and tend to merely be petty, but Demon cruelty is still not uncommon with these creatures, and they are hard to remove, due to being difficult to find.

Fiends: Tier 2. Man-sized, and of equal strength. These creatures are much more malicious, preferring to savor every second of agony they put upon someone, before moving to the next victim. This, however, makes them slow, since they are so adamant on prolonging suffering, simple jobs may take much longer than usual. That said, however, if you are pillaging or slaughtering, they make a great clean-up crew.

Demon Knights: Tier 3. The brains and brawns of Demon-kind, they run the show, and star in it, if they choose to show. They go into any situation with a plan on their mind, and they run their pawns according to this plan. They hate when hiccups occur, however, and in a tantrum of frustration, become just as dangerous to their allies, as to their foes. They are also fairly rare, and only appear when they deem necessary.

History: A kingdom of the seas, they ruled below the waters, until they mysteriously disappeared. Legend has it that their experimentation with the dark taint brought demons to their kingdom, and brought it to ruin.

• General Appearance: They are giant sea people, standing between 7-9 feet tall, and weighing on average just under a quarter ton, with some being half a ton. They have metallic scales which have different colors based on where the sun hits. They have been tainted as a whole, and are becoming more demonic over time.

Strengths:
    -Due to living in the deep sea, they have muscles which are very strong, and bone dense enough to survive the deep sea pressure, along with tough scales. This gives them extraordinary physical capabilities when above water, like super-strength and speed, along with the ability to jump very high and survive long falls.
    -They have been tainted through generation after generation, so the taint is now engrained within them like blood. This allows them to spread the taint through ingestion of their blood, to further the cause of their Demon masters.

Weaknesses:
    -The difference between travelling by sea and by land is very jarring to the Merfolk. It puts them off balance for quite awhile, with some never getting over it, and others even become land sick, due to the steadiness of equilibrium on land messing with the change-happy equilibrium of the merfolk.
    -The taint changes them overtime, slowly making them look and act more demonic. This will cause some to stay away from them for their own safety.
    -They are very large, making them easy targets, and very heavy, causing issues when walking on or laying on something not able to hold the weight of these behemoths.
    -They never wear armor, preferring to let their own natural scales protect them, and they only wear enough clothing for them to not be considered naked, but just barely.
    -They have no free will. They serve the will of Demons, without question.
    -They know little of life above the seas, and less still, since what they know is in the far past.
    General Appearance:
    They take many forms, from small imps, to giant Demon Knights, and many forms in between.

Fire: Takes the form of eternally burning monsters of brimstone and sulfur. Fire is never far behind them, leaving a blackened footprint at every step.

Frost: These creatures are eternally frozen, and the kiss of winter is always with them. They range from snow-white, to frost-bite black.

Shadow: they take the appearance of black, tattered robes and rags, with yellow eyes within their hoods or bandages.

Soul: They take the form of ghosts and phantoms, ethereal and dead.

Blood: They range from blood red humans to something skinned alive, and blood drips from them always, leaving a trail behind where they go.

Disease: The most grotesque, they take the form of living husks of fever and pus.

Strengths:
    -They never die, they may only ever be banished to the Demon World.
    -They are taint and terror incarnate, and only the bravest may look upon them without panicking.
    -They always know your sins, and use them to break you, or at least surprise you.

Weaknesses:
    -They are not of this world, and must be near a demon-portal to stay here for any length of time.
    -Artifacts of The Creator instantly banishes the beasts back to the Demon World.
    -They are always evil, and all they do is always for an evil cause.

Religion: The Merfolk follow the Demons as thralls, thinking them as the Creator. The Demons despise the Creator, and seek to erase his will in all ways.

Description: The Merfolk have an Aztec-like culture, Primitive, but luxurious. The Demons are always evil tormenters of mortal and immortal kind.

History: A grand society under the sea, the Merfolk made many beautiful artifacts, and partook in many different hobbies. One of these was the art of taint magic, which they became addicted to. In their search for more energy to fuel their taint usage, they open a portal to the Demonworld, and demons flooded in and took hold of the city of people. The prince gave their allegiance to them, so that they may live, and they then simply disappeared from history, only living as a legend. Until they showed themselves again, with a huge sea tower.

• Name: The Styx

Landscape:
    th

Special features: The ocean is littered with portals to the Deomon world, which transports you to many hellish regions.

Fire
    th

Frost
    th

Shadow
    th

Blood
    th

Disease
    th

Soul
    th

Special Creatures: (See Special Creatures Character Sheet.(What special creatures are native to your land))

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted, I'll edit map when I can. You can post if you want to. Surprised they don't have any special creatures though.

I'll set up special creatures later. Don't worry, there's gonna be a small bestiary when I'm finished.

So it would appear that the Magical Romans and the Smoking Hot Dragons are going to have to deal with the politician demons and zombie mermaids!

I think you mean the Politician Demons and Zombie mermaids are going to have to deal with colossal dragons the size of towns.

If they just walk into the ember forest they're screwed :D The Fae have set up illusions all through it, life from outside can't even stand in it without setting up defensive spells, and even if you get past those, Ashen Beasts can be the size of a large town in pyroclastic conditions.

This OOC is almost like a huge debate sometimes.

I saw that on 9gag first.

Shush, i just now got on 9Gag and found it.

They're more like this:

Sorry about yellow ground, im crap at applying shaders :D
Y2mohVO.jpg

Possibly

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
Status
Not open for further replies.