The Wolf's Alehouse & Inn

Myra smiled ever so slightly at the girl's reply. "I didn't wish to be rude," she answered, gesturing to the loud group behind her. It seemed that Derek had fallen off of his chair. "Four beers and do you serve water?" The girl adjusted the strap of her guitar so that id didn't swing over her shoulder and hit the man drinking next to her. the last thing she needed was a brawl.

@Isaki Mori

Last edited by a moderator:
Aline had picked up the food and drink for Karum and Vivian that Sachi had pulled out but noticed that something was missing, "Hey Sachi, you forgot the specialty wine. I'll take this to them and then be back for it." Aline had turned into about a 90 degree turn, and waltzed on towards the Outer Den. It didn't take long to bring the food and ale out as she set it directly in front of the two. "Alright my friends, I'll be right back, our bartender has forgotten the lady's specialty wine. Give me a slight moment."
@Isaki Mori

----

Karum was listening to Vivian almost intimately as she spoke, and hearing that she was a servant didn't change his mind about her one it had seemed, as he still had a smile on his face. "Servant's are one thing, slave's are another. I myself have found the slave trade that we have going on in this world to be a horrible situation. My clan has tried putting stops to several trades, no matter how legal they may seem in this hell-broken world. Selling off someone's rights as if they were property should be illegal and we have fought on that for years, I'm surprised I haven't seen you before in any of those trades that we tried to break up" Karum went on.

Aline then came along and brought the food, hearing her words, it was no problem whatsoever, "That is fine Aline, just hurry on back as soon as possible, and maybe with some water to go with as well." Karum then turned his attention back to Vivian, as Aline had walked off, and spoke some more, "Where are you from then, and before you begin to speak let me say nothing scares me, I've been everywhere that I can think of. I also have a trick to get me to different worlds as well, and P.S., it's how the Bloodlight clan got here in the first place." Karum had finished his last bit in a whisper so that way no one around them could be able to hear.
@PrincessLala95

Vivian quietly listened to his words. It made sense that someone as kind and benevolent as Karum would be involved in interrupting the slave trade. The reason he'd never seen her, she knew almost immediately, was because she'd never been traded. Up until the day she ran away, she had lived in the same house in which she'd been born. She'd seen others sold and traded away, but the master of the house had never once even considered ridding himself of Vivian. Why that was, she'd never know. Perhaps he'd made some kind of promise to that late wife, the one who had quilted the blanket for her. So many things she'd never know... Her eyes lit up slightly as the food came, and a smile came to her lips. All that food for the two of them? It was as if she was part of the nobility she'd once served. "I'm not from anywhere," Vivian said softly, in response to his question. "I'm from my home. I've lived in the same place my whole life. Then I ran away, and now I'm here."

Karin chuckled, "That's what I mean Vivian, where is your home. The place you have run from to get away from the cruelty. We all run from something I know that, but what is that home that you have left, tell me please. Whatever it may be if it's a place well know for being bad or good tell me. Its all okay. I wanted to chat with you because I could see something in you that I haven't seen in someone in a long time. You my dear were hurt, and not that normal kind of hurt that everyone in this world gets, it's that one kind of hurt that says I truly need help tonight. Sadly for me I made a bit of a cheesy pick up line." On Karum's last sentence he had carat had the back of his head. His eyepatch also becoming more itchy, the humidity playing a large role.

"In fact Vivian let me show you something not many people get to see in their lifetime of knowing me, many people may see this tonight besides you, but it bothers me not" Karum told her as he grabbed a hold of his eyepatch. It being a rather large one, he had it custom made. Karin then revealed the other part of his face covered by the eyepatch. It was scaly, and more lizardlike than his arms, holding a greenish tint. His eye was reptilian, with the pupil being a relaxed reptilian slit. Karum then began unfastening his glove sleeves to show his arms to her, along with removing his vest and showing his back. He had hard reptilian scales all across these areas, his thumbs on his hands were the only humanoid looking pieces on his hands so he had the thumbs on the gloves cut off. The rest of his fingers were clawed reptilian ones. "These are my secrets, I can tell your home is one. I share with you, you share with me right?" Karum was more interested in the talk right now than eating, he wanted to show her that even mercenaries can have a hard time.
@PrincessLala95

@Lord of Dragons
Sachi heard that she had missed something, and brought out the special wine they offered. It had a mixture of honey, a pinch of auger to help sweeten it, darkshade, which normally didn't go in wine, and a dark and very rich chocolate, which was very hard to get for it. They called it the Sugar Rush because of how sweet and sugary it happened to be.

@Demmy
Sachi then pulled out five mugs, filling four with beer, and the last with water, happily placing them on the counter. "Here you go!"

(OOC: Isaki is now resting, Phoenix is now bartending, Sachi is about to head to the Outer Den for a bit of dancing. Control NPCs of ask Phoenix if you need drinks)

@Demmy

all of a sudden as phoenix was waiting for orders another person who looks exactly like him walks up and sits at the table. "sorry about that"

Vivian stared in awe as he revealed the scaly parts of his skin to her. It was lizardlike, and far from anything she'd ever seen before. Fascinated, she outstretched one pale, calloused hand to gently touch his arm, but barely an inch from his skin - or scales, or whatever he preferred to call it - she stopped and gazed towards him. "M-may I touch it?" she asked in a soft voice. She felt strange asking such a question, but it had piqued her interest and she wanted to learn more. Was he human? Not human? Was it some kind of skin condition - was he ill? She, curious and unworldly as she was, wanted to know everything.

Myra nodded slightly and smiled. "Thank you, Darl," she whispered, dropping a bag of coins to pay then taking the drinks and carefully walking back to the group. She paused to set them down at the table before sitting down herself.

Marik grinned, taking his drink and taking a huge swing. When he finished, he stared at the new Pheonix. "Didn't you just go to the bar?"

@Isaki Mori @josephoshearoleplay

Karum had noticed that she immediately taken interest. "You may go ahead, just be careful, the scales are as rough as dragon scales of this wotld" Karum had replied. His scales were slightly scarred in several places, only from having to change his armor so many times. Any damaging weapons had broken his armor, but had usually scratched up his scales. Some damaging situations for himself though with weapons were tearing weapons, as they ruined his scales.

"From birth I have had these on me, they're even on my legs slightly. But from where I originate, it was not wanted due to a long war" Karin had spoken. This was true, while he hated the war himself he couldn't do much as a child. But he threw that memory away as soon as he saw the steam on the food lessening. "Can't forget our food now can we?"

Vivian was quiet as he spoke. Slowly, she laid her hand down on the scales. She took care as she touched them, just as he had advised her to, as she didn't want to hurt herself. She stroked them softly, feeling the rough texture beneath her fingertips and finding herself utterly fascinated. She slowly lifted her hazel eyes to look towards him, her expression a blend of intrigue and concern. When he guided her attention to the food, though, she gave a small smile and nodded. "Of course," she said softly. Reluctantly, she withdrew her hand and delicately lifted a fork. She wasn't very accustomed to using cutlery; back home, the servants typically got leftovers and food that was deemed inedible for whatever the reason. She ate a lot of bread, scraps of meat, and the occasional fruit or vegetable. She had seen fancy meals eaten by the nobility, however, and so she knew how the utensils were meant to be used. Gently, she scooped up some of the salad leaves from the plate, but as she lifted it up, the few leaves she'd caught fell loose from the prongs. A frown came to her lips and she tried to scoop up some of the salad again, to the same effects. She sighed softly. What was she doing wrong?

It took a moment, but then it occurred to her that she'd seen people using the fork to spear their food - usually it was done with meat, but perhaps it could work with the salad. After all, some of the lettuce leaves were crunchy and hard. She gently speared a mouthful of salad and lifted it up, grinning triumphantly as it stayed on the fork. She brought it to her mouth and ate, pleased to finally be getting something into her stomach. Up until that moment, she hadn't realized just how hungry she was. She finished her mouthful before lowering her fork and turning her attention back to Karum, giving him a small smile. "This - this might be an odd question...I'm sorry...but... are you not human?" she asked in a soft voice. It wasn't an accusatory question, nor was it one of concern - it came out as just a question, one she was curious to know the answer to, and one that wouldn't change her opinions of him, regardless of the answer.

phoenix: as he stands there waiting for orders he looks around the starts mixing drinks to make strong brews.

@Demmy

phoenix 2: "yea. im able to duplicate myself and i didnt want to leave the table"

Karum had grinned as he began to cut the chicken apart for the two of them, as it was a regular sized chicken, that has been, like other chickens made to order, pre-roasted for the night and then flame heated again before serving. Seeing that Vivian was having trouble with her salad, he watched her for a moment while he prepped the chicken. When she had finally gotten it down he smiled at the accomplishment on her face. Then the question of his humanity came across. He himself was actually not human, he was humanoid of course, but human would be slightly far off. Karum was more of a magical race, that was different and from a different world as he had whispered to her before.

"Do you remember what I said about me not being from this world. Well, my clan had used a teleportation circle to get here, the mark of the circle is actually just a couple miles away from here. But no, I'm not human, I'm a magical breed of beings called Genomians, but the other half is from a race of beings that is very small, they are known as Xserasdans. We left because we were being persecuted wby the war that was raging in our previous world. But one being that was from that war made it into this world as they jumped into the circle. The clan is still on the look for them that is for sure" Karum had explained his origin. It was not a very easy thing to tell, as it was something he had never really wanted to tell anyone besides the owners of this bar and inn. Then falling into a trance he began to remember that night that he was found here.

^Only the bar owners ever knew, when they came across Karum one night, alone and battered. The clan was not around that day, and it was only 5 of them at the time. Karum had been damaged pretty bad all over, and was almost dead when found. Where he was found was actually at the entrance of the Bar and Inn. This was how he had come to know The Wolf's Alehouse & Inn very well. Sadly when coming back to finding his companions, Karum had found that one of them had died, leaving only four of them to keep the clan going. It was going to be a blood bath with this enemy^ (when using ^ its for a flash back) KArum was deep in his trance, remembering everything from that time back then.

@PrincessLala95

Vivian nodded slowly as she listened to his words, smiling as he spoke. She took another bite of her salad while he explained his past to her, curious. She'd heard of many non-human species that looked human as he did, but Genomians and Xserasdans were names she'd never before head. "We had a few people back home who weren't human," she said in a soft and casual voice, smiling a bit. "There was one girl there for a few months who was actually an elf - she was really sweet, I liked her..." Vivian took another bite of her salad, thinking hard. "And a lot of people said that Lord and Lady Coltrane weren't human - no one really agreed on what they were, just that they weren't human..." As she spoke, she noticed that he looked distracted, but she figured he was still listening, just thinking.

@Isaki Mori
Aline had went by the bar and had found Vivian's special wine glass that Sachi had made up for her. Picking up the alcoholic beverage, the car lady brought it to the Outer Den straight to Vivian in a balanced manner. "Here we go, and Karum, it's been a while since I've seen you like that. Especially that trance, are you alright" Aline wondered. Waving a hand in front of the man's face, he didn't respond. So she pulled her harp from her side and played a magical note that should have gotten his attention.

----

Karum was sitting there as if he were almost dead. He wasn't blinking, his eyes weren't reacting in anyway, and his body was still. Then he heard the magical note that Alone played, and it broke him from the trance. His senses arose back and he looked around, "What happened?"

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune

Vivian felt a pang of worry as the woman with the cat parts came to them and spoke. She watched quietly as Aline tried to get Karum's attention before pulling out a harp and playing a note. She wasn't sure what was going on, but she was quite sure that she didn't like it, whatever it was. When he came to, he looked around and asked what had happened. Vivian nervously looked towards Aline, not quite sure herself. "I - I don't know," she told him in a soft voice, hoping that Aline would be able to answer for her.

Karum looks around for a moment, thinking he must have zoned out. That day was what changed him. He used to be ruthless, cruel and harsh. Now he's simple, calm, and to the point; most of all a gentleman. Turning to Aline, who pulled him out of that zone, he thanked her, "Thanks Aline, it's been a while since that has happened." Then he turned back to Vivian, "Okay now where were we?"
@PrincessLala95

----

Aline rolled her eyes in a smiling fashion, "It's alright Karum get back to whatever you have going on. I might as well be calling it an unannounced date." Aline was playing around with Karum as she usually did. Since they were great friends it was always nice to mess around. As Aline walked away she began to play her harp for everyone, a nice melody just for everyone.

@Lord of Dragons, @PrincessLala95 (Kar, Aline, Viv)

Sachi walked out to the Outer Den, where it seemed most of the more talkative attendants were. Aline was now playing her harp, and Karum and Vivian were talking, as well as a few others chatting and making the best of their limited time, be it a break from, or on their only night off.

"Hey Karum, Vivian. Trying to seduce another, Kar?" Sachi said jokingly, and giggling. She passed them up, though not ignoring any responses they might make, and sat in the closest chair to Aline, who was on stage playing a lovely tune, one Sachi had never heard before. She swayed softly and slowly to the music, a smile painted on her face.

(Isaki will be back in the scene soon, so don't worry everyone)