The Wolf's Alehouse & Inn

Derek blinked, staring at the man for a moment. "I think he hit his head."

Ayame smacked him across the back of his head again and clicked her tongue. "No, thank you. We already have drinks."

Vivian was relieved to see Karum return to normal, though she couldn't help but be curious as to what, exactly, had just happened to him. She'd seen people zone out before, she'd seen people drift off and get caught up in their daydreams...but what she'd just witnessed from Karum was far from that, much unlike anything she'd ever seen before.

Before she could say anything, however, the kind woman from inside - Sachi, who had given her that sweet drink when she'd arrived and told her she didn't need to pay for it - came meandering outside. As she passed by them, she made a comment to Karum - something about trying to seduce another. Another...woman? In an instant, Vivian was on edge. She'd heard that word far too many times back home, enough to know that it was not a good one. If that was his intention for her, she had to tread carefully. For now, she decided it best not to acknowledge having heard or understood what Sachi had said, instead to simply see where things ended up and hope that the other woman was simply making the comment in jest. Why somebody would joke about something like that, Vivian didn't understand, but she was far from home and it was likely that people here had different senses of humour.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
phoenix 2: he smiles as he looks at the group and says, "what are you guys doing here anyways?"

phoenix: he starts cleaning glasses in a blurr

Karum made a cringing face at Sachi's words, as he really didn't like the whole idea of seduction."Sachi, do I have to take you hunting with me for those words. You know how I feel about the idea of that, so stop" Karum shook off the annoyance and had started up again on the chicken, it had been cut into wings, legs and breast sections for the two to eat. He set down the fork and knife and then gotten a drink of his ale to calm his nerves.

"Ignore Sachi, she is only playing around, though she mainly says words like 'seduce' to really get on my nerves" Karum explained. Picking up a chicken leg he took a bite of the meat and began to chew. He then began listening to the melody that Aline was playing on the harp.

----

Aline had rolled her eyes at Sachi's comment she made towards Karum but continued playing her song. And then she began to hum along with it as well getting prepared to song herself a song with this melody. As she played, Aline had infused magic into her harp. This had caused music notes to appear in the air in various, bright colors.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Marik smiled. "To take a break."

"And maybe find some work," Lynn added.

Myra shrugged. "It's been a bit... Tough, to find work."

Vivian gave Karum a small smile, almost relieved to hear his words. So they were just teasing him, and...no, now it wasn't a matter of being almost relieved - she was definitely relieved. She lifted a hand and ran it through her tangled dark hair, letting out a soft sigh. "I know you want me to tell you more about me," she said in a soft voice, "but I really have nothing to tell. I wish I could offer you more than that." She felt bad that he seemed so intrigued with her and curious to hear about her, but she couldn't tell him anything. He had asked where she was from, and she didn't even know that. She was from a house. A big one. It was far from here. It had taken her a long time on foot to find herself here - and where here even was, she had no idea. If he showed her a map, she probably wouldn't even be able to point out where she was from. She'd never been educated on maps or cartography or geography, or whatever it was that let her know where she was. The only way she'd know was if she saw it for herself firsthand, and she never wanted to return to her accursed hometown again.

Karum had nodded, "it's alright, what about any features of the place that looks familiar. I might know what place it could be, I've been around for a while. " Karum wanted to be able to figure this out. She seemed like a good person though so he didn't want to push anything. The man had only made a small grin, hoping to be on her side.

Vivian was quiet, taking a moment to think. She could remember her walks to town, leaving the house through the back door reserved for servants and walking along the dirt road through the woods. Not many had been trusted to head into town, so much of the shopping had been divided between Vivian and a small handful of others. When the woods had ended, the town had started, with houses built right up to the tree line - Vivian often suspected that, as had been done for her master's home, the forest was being cleared away bit by bit for expansion. The town's market had been small, with about five buildings and four stalls, and the marketplace had a massive fountain in the middle. But that was all she could remember. The merchants didn't speak much to her, too busy with their business to care much about a simple serving girl come to buy groceries or fabrics for the household. "The market had a fountain in the centre," she said softly.

Karum had thought to himself for a little while arte she spoke up. Hmm, a marketplace with a fountain? There are only two places nearby with that kind of marketplace, Karum had thought to himself. "I know of two of those kinds of markets. They are in nearby towns, maybe those might be them" he wondered. Karum was thinking more and more about the marketplaces to see which one was which but was completely unsure of himself as of this moment.

Vivian listened quietly to him. Nearby? She wasn't sure that the place was nearby. It had been far. "About how far away would you say they are?" she asked in a soft voice. "I mean, as in - how long would it take us to get there if we walked...?" Surely neither of the places he was thinking of could possibly be the same one.

Karum was taken aback for a moment, She had come from so far away? This changed some things for Karum's point of view on the subject. He had though about directions she had come from and weather patterns as well. "What areas did you walk through to get to this place, if you can remember" he asked, trying to jog her memory if at all possible. He remembered she was muddy but that could have been from any area.

Vivian was thoughtful. Much of her journey had been a blur. A blur of walking, of aching, of struggling to find food and water so she could keep on going...and then repeating the same cycle, over and over again. "Well..." she murmured, thoughtful as she began to speak. "First I walked through the woods around my house - but in the opposite direction from the town..." She thought for another minute, considering her journey. "After a few days I crossed a river...and a few days later there was a lake - I had to go around it...and while I was circling the lake, the forest turned into almost a swamp...it was disgusting..." She shuddered at the mere memory of the place. She'd been knee-deep in water much of the time, and the bushes and brambles around her ankles had been the source of the rips in her red dress. "Yes...the swamp was awful...but then the swamp ended, and there was a city, so I passed through the city..." The city had been where she realized that she really wasn't making this journey for nothing. She had stopped in the market to see if there were any vendors with leftover goods they couldn't sell who might be willing to give them to her. There had been, and they'd been so very kind she had gained such hope. "I would have stayed there, but I saw one of my master's friends," she continued. "She didn't recognize me because of the magic in the circlet, but I didn't want to risk it. I felt as if I was still too close to home, and I had to keep moving..."

Karum had heard her first speak up, and thought about it for a moment. Opposite way from the town, huh? The woods would explain part of the dirt. He continued to listen to Vivian for the moment, left her speak the story some more. She spoke of watery areas a swamp and then another town. But how did she get her afterwards? "Well from how I see it you do come a far away area. I know of some swamps, but I don't know which one would be the right one to choose and aee. As of right now we are screwed for finding it then my friend" Karum tried to reply. That friend he heard of when she spoke though did catch his mind. Whoever that friend of Vivian's master was they could possibly have been keeping an eye on her."They never followed you did they?"

Vivian shook her head quickly upon hearing his words. "Oh, no, no," she said. "That's not possible. The circlet stops anyone who knew me before from recognizing me. She wouldn't have even seen me, let alone know it was me." A sigh left her lips and she glanced away for a moment. Truth be told, she was relieved when he said that they were screwed when it came to finding her old home. All she wanted to do was to distance herself from that place, which wasn't going to happen if her new friend was trying to find it for whatever reason - and why? To save the others? To bring harm to the master of the house? Sheer curiosity? Vivian never wanted to even so much as think of that place again, let alone see it.

((OOC: Hey, I'm sorry I was gone so long. I went away for the holidays and completely forgot that I should let you know here too. But I'm back now!))