The Wolf's Alehouse & Inn

"Well, if you wouldn't mind we can chat for a while, you of course however can chat while covered behind the privacy of a door if you would like while I could stand on the other side. That is if you don't mind. I'm an honest gentleman, though my temper may get the best of me at small points. I also do not mind waiting for you. And in return I can tell you of where I am from, if you definitely aren't from heaven" Karum chuckled at the last part of his explanation. He truly was a good man, but he was secretive possibly as much as Vivian.

"My name Is Karum by the way, Karum Bloodlight. You may call me Sir Blood if you wish" Karum greeted, as he finally shared his name. Karum had bowed as he greeted the woman in a professional way, hoping to catch her eye. By hoping to catch her eye he used one of his sharp nails, or a claw like nail of sorts, to slice his thumb. By doing so he opened his blood pathways, as he magically drew blood out of his thumb with his fingers in a spiral. This creates a rose figure, when Karum finally snaps his fingers a couple times, turning the blood into crystal.It was about 5 inches longer than his 9 inch long hand. The blood crystal rose had then been handed to Vivian as a small gift of her presence, and Karum dried up the blood on his thumb's cut.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

Vivian was stunned by the man's kindness - in handing her a flower, in bowing to her, and in politely telling her his name, he had utterly shocked the young woman.. Back home, it wasn't normal for new people to introduce themselves - at least, not to the likes of Vivian, who had no need to know whom they served, only that they were more important than she and that she was expected to heed their every order. This man, though, this man who introduced himself with such a prefix as "Sir", was clearly a man of importance, yet he took the time to speak with the likes of Vivian, to introduce himself and to present her with a flower. She gently took the crystal rose into her hands, turning it over between her fingers and examining it closely, amazed. So this man had magic? She'd heard talk of those with magic - in fact, there had once been a serving girl in her home who had magic, but when the master of the house had discovered her gift, she was sent away. Where they'd taken her, Vivian knew not.

"Sir Blood," Vivian said in a soft voice, nodding. She would take care to remember that name. When people were named to her, it meant they were of the utmost importance, and she would have to treat this man as such. "I - er, thank you so much. This is very kind of you." Her hazel eyes fell back down to the crystal rose in her hands as she admired it again. She would have to take good care of this gift, to ensure that it didn't break or shatter, or become lost. "Yes, let me just go and wash up - I've been through a great ordeal...once I'm presentable, I'd be honoured to chat with you." The most talk she ever got from people of status - at least, talk that wasn't presented in the form of an order - was when one of the Ladies of the house was drunk and rambled to her while she cleaning her chambers or delivering something. Outside of that, she fulfilled her need for social interaction with the other servants of the house when they weren't working, taking care to keep quiet lest they get in trouble. But this man, this kind man who had given her his name and this beautiful gift, wanted to talk with her - to simply chat, he said - and she wasn't going to pass up such an opportunity. She turned to head to the bathroom to which the woman had pointed, but she suddenly turned around quickly, remembering that she hadn't given him her name. "Oh!" she said, blushing. "And my name is Vivian. I - er, just Vivian." She gave a shy smile.

• Love
tumblr_mxpw1mHLwr1rfyiu4o1_1280.jpg

~Arno Ancano~
Arno waltzed into the Inn, and immediately over to the lounge, placing his hands on the table. "Isaki! Baby," he started, giving a smile underneath his mask, and winking, "What can you do for me tonight? Better yet, what can't you do?" The shrouded assassin asked, with a now devilish grin. His question was shot down by an unamused Isaki, who threw a dirty rag at him.

"Harassment, is it? I'll tell you what, we can go to a more, private place," Isaki said with a pause, giving a grin of her own before turning Arno's own smile into a frown. "-Where I can take your dagger, and relieve you of your jewels."

"Well... Harsh.." The assassin stated, tapping his finger twice on the table. "I'll take the usual then." Isaki was quick to reply, "That was the usual."

"Okay... I'll take some rum." He said, and Isaki got back to business, getting a mug and filling it up.

phoenix finishes the mug in one gulp and he starts creating things out of thin air like small dragons and miniature suns and looks at his creations unamused by his own abilities.

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
he looks at the bar keep and then the man she threw the rag at then sighs as he says to himself, "wow....everyone is nice to each other around here....i need to leave before i get people to hate me here too."

Karum smiled as she admired the rose, seeing a brightness in her eyes that he could tell was hard to have awoke for so long. It was crazy to Karum, but he felt as if she was someone he must have had to meet. Life was connecting them for a reason, but what it was Karum had no idea. So he listened to her words and nodded, "Then I shall wait for your return right outside in the back area of the bar called the 'Outer Den', just ask our bartender friend Sachi here, and she can direct you too it." Karum then noticed as she was leaving to her room that she forgot to mention something, and he replied, "Vivian huh, such beautiful name, for such a sweet looking girl." Karum grinned as he walked out into the Outer Den of the Bar and Inn, hearing the music of the bard.

Vivian smiled and hurried quickly to the bathroom to get washed up, not wanting to miss out on this opportunity. She headed through the grandiose doors that the woman had pointed her to and hurried to a sink. After setting the rose down delicately on a little table beside a decorative vase of flowers, she first washed her hands right up to the elbows, watching the dirt and grime as it flowed away. She felt fantastic with it washed away, and wanted to do the same for her face - quickly, she found a cloth, wetting it and using it to wipe at one cheek. She rinsed out the dirt from the cloth before wiping again, and it took several repeats of this before her face, reddened from being rubbed by the cloth, was clean. She sighed, gazing into the mirror, almost recognizable again. She used the cloth next to clean the bowl of the sink, not wanting to leave behind a speck of dirt from her journey. It took a few minutes to find a hamper for the cloth, but she soon located one and put the cloth away.

She took one last look in the mirror, sighing softly as she met her own reflection. That kind man, Sir Blood, had complimented her appearance. She'd likely never know what he'd seen in such a plain and ordinary girl as herself, not when there were Ladies such as the ones back home out in the world, but she had appreciated the compliments nonetheless. Maybe he'd even know where she could find work in this new and unusual place. She took the dusty golden circlet from atop her head and kept her hazel eyes locked on herself. She saw no change in her appearance, and she sighed softly. Maybe the magic in the circlet didn't even work any more. It was meant to make her unrecognisable to any who had known her before, but she'd known herself before obtaining the circlet and she recognized herself with and without it. Did she even count? Would the magic affect her? She didn't know. Still, she had no intention of risking her newfound freedom, and so she gently returned the circlet to its place atop her head before turning and leaving the bathroom.

phoenix decides to try to talking to someone and walks up to the man who most recently walked in. "hello. my name is phoenix nova." he puts out his hand.

Karum was sitting outside at the Outer Den, waiting specifically for Vivian. Seeing inside the Bar and Inn, he noticed that she was coming out of one of the Inn rooms and towards the bar area. Grinning, the man had decided to come in and show her the way instead to the Outer Den. He had made it to her in simply a few seconds, "The Outer Den is this way, would you like any drinks, I'm sure the bard could help get them." Karum had held out his hand for her to take a hold of.

A flush came across Vivian's cheeks as Sir Blood returned and offered her his hand. She'd seen the gentlemen back home offer their hands to the ladies this way - usually when they were going to dance when the master of the house hosted grand balls. "I - um, I am very thirsty...all I've had for a while was the drink she gave me when I arrived," Vivian said, gesturing towards the kind woman tending the bar when she said 'she'. "I...I don't know what the last thing I had to drink before that was," Vivian admitted, sadness in her voice. Perhaps she'd taken a drink at a little creek in the woods? Perhaps from a fountain in the last town she'd stopped by? She honestly wasn't sure. And as for food, well, the last thing she remembered eating was a crusty chunk of bread from her bag, the last of what she'd stolen from the kitchens before she ran away. She didn't even know when that had been any more. At the mere thought of food, a soft rumbling came from her stomach and the scarlet blush across her cheeks brightened.

• Love
Karum had brought her out to the back patio hearing Aline the Bard's music once again. "Well I can call out for you some drinks and food" Karum responded. "Aline dear it's been a while. Would you be able to order us up the chicken and salad feast please, along with some of the best wine and spice rum?"

Aline's tail waved around, as she finished off her song delicately. Her ears perked up as she heard one of her best friends coming along to order, "Is that Karum Bloodlight I hear. My have you changed slightly, with that outfit, where did your armor go? Oh wait, you were ordering for two. Chicken and salad feast with special wine and spiced rum coming right up friend. And might I add that she is an impeccable lady you have on your hands there Karum. I'll play some music when I'm done with your order." Aline waltzed right on into the bar and called to Isaki, "Isaki! We have an order of food and drink! Chicken and salad feast with special wine and spiced rum!"

Vivian heard Sir Blood place the order to the girl - Aline, he called her - but there was something unusual about it. He addressed her by name, calling her dear. And she, distractedly, addressed him in return, commenting on his outfit and even on Vivian's own appearance, which deepened the flush in her cheeks. She watched the girl leave, curious about her. Was she a servant? She seemed to have much more confidence than servants - Vivian included - tended to have, waltzing about and making conversation with those who gave her orders. When Sir Blood had spoken, it hadn't even sounded like an order - it was more like a request, as if he was gently asking for something from her. Vivian didn't quite know how to feel about what she'd just seen.

"I - I'm sorry to ask," she stammered shyly, "but is there any possibility that we might be able to sit..? I've been on my feet an awfully long time...if that's alright, of course," she said quickly, her hazel eyes glancing away in fear that he might say no. She had become accustomed to hearing 'no' when she made requests long ago, and had since stopped making them.

3050037159_b3235e70e5.jpg

Ignore the two on the left.

"Damn this place smells," Derek huffed, running a hand through his light brown hair.

Ayame giggled, adjusting her skirt a bit, "I think it's nice."

"You think everything is nice."

"That's because everything is nice," Ayame replied, wiggling her finger in front of his face. Derek just huffed again and pushed past her. "Rude." Marik laughed, following his younger brother into the tavern and looking around.

"You don't suppose they have a table large enough for us?" He asked, holding the door for Myra and Lynn

"They probably do. You would have to in a place as big as this," Myra muttered, crossing her arms over her jacket. Lynn nodded in agreement, adjusting the strap over her shoulder.​

"Why of course, lets sit at one of the more comfortable tables with the stuffed leather seats over here. Though they may not be up to your tastes in fine craftsmanship, I believe that this here might be a work of art" Karum replied, taking her over to one of the booth areas for her to sit at. He sat opposite of her, and placed his hands on the table, crossing his fingers together. "So Vivian tell me a little more about you. Don't even sugar coat it, nothing truly hurts me unless if I am being attacked by weapons" Karum told her, wanting to know more about this sort of mysterious woman in front of him.

Vivian was quiet as she allowed him to lead her to a table. She carefully lowered herself into a seat, amazed as she felt the cushy material. The most comfortable thing upon which she'd ever sat was her own bed, a thin and ratty mattress upon a hard metal frame. She had but one blanket, which had actually been hand-made for her by the master's late wife, who had died when Vivian was just a baby. She often wondered what the master's late wife was like - by all accounts, she was a kind woman who addressed the servants by name, treated them with respect, and cared for their well-being. Such a thing was foreign to Vivian, though, so she didn't typically believe it. In fact, she was regarded as having been so good to the servants that they typically treated her death as a murder - many believed firmly that she was killed by her husband, but whether or not this was true, Vivian would never know. There were many things it seemed Vivian would never know, and as much as she wanted closure on these matters, she also wanted her freedom.

"I - I'm nobody," Vivian said in a soft voice. "I'm nobody special. You don't want to hear about me..." Her voice trailed off, sadness filling her expression. She was being neither humble nor modest. It was simply her firm belief, branded into her by years and years of maltreatment, and she saw it as the truth. Even among the servants, it was rare that one should ask the other about how they were. Their talks were usually filled with gossip about the Lords and Ladies of the house, because if one found out about the other's maltreatment, they might be moved to intervene, and that could be dangerous.

i see the group walk in and deciding to talk to them since the other guy was busy. i walk up to the group. "hello. im phoenix nova."

Karum heard Vivian speak so softly, seeing that she hersellf was trailing from her true feelings about herself. She must have something to share. Karum rubbed his chin, quite unsure of her words, "I don't believe you. You must have something special about you to have come here in such special garments and even that golden circlet as well. So you may say that you aren't special all you like, and that I may not want to hear about you, but I don't believe you." Karum set his hand down after rubbing his chin, and set it back with his other. Karum smiled a homely smile, "Tell me about yourself."

Vivian's eyes went wide at his mention of her circlet. Instinctively, she lifted a hand and touched the cool metal, as if to make sure it was still there before she shook her head. "No, I'm afraid you must be mistaken," she said softly. Of course, that made sense - the enchanted circlet seemed so beautiful and expensive that he must have mistaken her for someone of status. "It's - it's not mine...I could never afford such a thing," she said, a dash of redness streaking across her cheeks. It hadn't even occurred to her that such a lovely accessory might cause people to erroneously view her as a person of some importance. Of course, when she looked back, she probably shouldn't have phrased it in such a way. Would he think her a thief? She was no thief - it had been given to her, it simply wasn't hers. She paused a moment to glance around. She was surrounded by such an unusual array of people - the visibly poor and the visibly wealthy, all intermingling as if there was no such thing as social class. Even she, the simple runaway servant, was seated across from a gentleman with a title - the title of 'Sir', no less - as if she deserved to be sitting in such a place. "I can tell you about myself if you really do wish it...but I'm afraid you'll likely be disappointed," Vivian said softly. "There's not much to tell, and what there is...well, it's far from impressive..."

Karum had a confused look on his face for a moment, when she said the circlet wasn't hers, but then figured out what she meant, "Oh, I understand about the circlet then, it's alright." But as Vivian went on, she must have thought that something about herself would bother him. Whatever it may be, he didn't really mind. "Vivian, whatever it may be, trust me, it's not going to disappoint. I've probably done worse. I mean, I'm known well around The Wolf's Alehouse because I keep coming around and buying people rounds. So many that I have to pay the place back by doing odd jobs and cleaning around the place. It's kept me from some of my mercenary work usually with my clan, the Bloodlights. As to why I am called Sir Blood, well, I'm more of a gentleman than the other men in my clan, and more knightly." Karum had to scratch his left arm while speaking, but it brought down his separate sleeve from his vest, showing his secret on his arm, a patch of rough scales. Though he didn't notice, Karum gave a slight smile about himself showing he was proud.