The Wolf Pack

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grenade tipped his head to the two wolves.
' Well, it'll be tough convincing boss. He's... A little wound up at the moment. ' Grenade looked over to Difference, who was watching the gathered wolves with glazed eyes.
' Mate, I don't know if we have the room... ' He trailed off, lowering his eyes to the ground and pawing at the ground.
' Look. I'll see what I can do. But I ain't bloody promising nothin', okay? '
Grenade looked nervous, his ears cocked to the side, and his eyes wide and observant.

' They'll be sending the Partners to check up on us soon... ' Grenade looked impatient, pacing back and forth.

Kenna looked at Grenade, and smiled. "Thanks, Grenade. I'm sure our lot could help with making space, too. We've learnt to make our own space." She gave a slight chuckle, and turned to Dez. "Why, thank you. You're not too bad-looking yourself, you know."

At that, Kenna tilted her head. "The Partners? Who would they be?"

Grenade paused, staring at Dez. ' Bloody hell. ' He murmured slowly to himself.
He turned to Achilleus who was conviniently standing behind him.
' Look, mate. I reckon, if we set off now, the Partners won't come looking for us, yeah? '
' We go when I say. ' Achilleus grunted, paying little attention to Grenade.
' Look, they send the boys round to check up on use make sure we're doing our job, correct? They're fucking terrifying Akkie. '

"Um its okay..we..we can leave if theres no room.." Penelope murmured backing away towards the way they came. She seemed a little shaken up now and she just wanted to leave. "Come on Dez.." she said before turning away.

"Alright." Dez shrugged. "Nice to meet you Kenna and the rest." he nodded before following his sister.

"Where now?" Pen asked. "Iff we don't have a pack , were outcasts."

"We can try the humans.. its our last choice." Dez murmured licking his sisters ear

' Ah... ' Grenade paused.
' They're, uh... These wolves. Insepereble. Tied at the hip. They're the wolves that get sent on hits from the buisness. ' He paused.
' They send 'em round of we're late on getting back to camp on time. The Partners check we're doing our jobs correctly. Like I said, They're fucking terrifying. '
' Ones this deaf mute wolf. He don't speak at all. The second is the wolf that does all the chatting for him. They communicate in sign language, so you can never really know what they're talking about. The second wolf's a translator. You know, interpreter? Tells the other wolves what's up and translates for the deaf one. '

Kenna nodded. "Ah, seems fair." She frowned at the backs of the two other wolves, but soon shrugged it off. If they didn't want to join, she couldn't help them. In any case, they would have had to prove themselves to Trea, and she doubted they would have been able to get in. Still, they were interesting.

Grenade sighed impatiently. ' Look, you really don't want to meet them two.. Scary as hell. They used to laugh at me, you know? Called me the squirrely guy from the clearing. S'because I never really get sent on hits. I do all the office type work. You know, checking up on people, sorting things out... Organising. Making sure people arrive back on time... '
He trailed off. In reality, he was starting to panic, because he hated being late, and he really didn't want to talk to the partners.

HI XD

Kenna sighed. She nudged his shoulder gently, trying to snap him back to reality- something she didn't do often, due to not liking contact much. "You're not a squirrely guy from what I know. And I'm sure you can handle it. If they ask you, tell them the truth; that Difference organised for us to come back in the morning."

Agro watched Karma, smiling. He wondered how she'd gotten to where she was. Oh well. All that mattered, really, was that she was back, and they may be moving into a new big pack to deal with the forest disappearing.

Grenade nodded. ' Oh yeah, sure. Try explaining that to those two. ' He dropped his voice,
' If the mute wolfs looks could kill, I'd be dead. '

Maybe Cesur could decide whether they were trustworthy?

Kenna sighed. "Well, I can't give much advice since I haven't met them myself. But I'm sure you'll be OK. You've handled them before, after all."

(As in the new two, your group or the Partners?)

Pen followed Dez in silence.

"There should be a barn nearby." he said lightly tapping her shoulder with his tail.

"A barn! With..uh animals and.. mice?" Her ears perked in excitement tail swishing back and forth.

Dez chuckled shaking his head. Sometimes he thought that he may have been syblings with a cat. "Yes animals...and mice."

"Yay." she playfully nipped at his shoulder.

(Sure xD)

After making sure Difference and the others were out of earshot, Trea turned to Cesar, who had been sitting silently the whole time, facing sideways so his back was to her and they got a good view of his side profile. He had been staring off into the forest for some time. "So, Cesar? What do you think?"
Cesar sighed, turning to face her. "I think they're alright. Difference looks a little bit shady, but the twins wolves and Grenade are certainly worth our time. I'm sure we'll find out more if we were to go with them. We can take them if they attempt to pull anything, although I doubt they will do."
Trea nodded. "Very well." She buried her head in his neck fur. "Thank you, Cesar." She lifted her head and barked at the others. "Well? What's it to be? Are we leaving now, with the cover of night to guide us, or at dawn, when we're more vulnerable?"

Agro's ears perked up. "Hey, looks like we might be moving." He grinned, before filling Karma in on everything quickly.

Caila listened to Agro as he filled her in on the recent events, wondering when it would be suitable to bring up the fact her name, along with a lot else, had changed.
"Agro," she said to him gravely, relishing the feel of his name between her teeth after so long. "The forest is unsettled. Darkness impedes it - Athene has trained me for many moons, tuning my connection to the woods, strengthening my power. As I got stronger, this place has only screamed louder in its fear. We are unsafe; that is why I have returned."

Agro blinked. "Do you know what's happening?"

"I can't say for sure," Caila admitted, her emerald eyes dulling with concern for the forest. "It hurts the woodland. I've heard tell of trees just disappearing, too. I feel it is an attack by another force. Perhaps more powerful than even Trea." Her pale brown pelt ruffled in the night wind, and she met Agro's gaze, searching his face.

Achilleus' ears perked up. ' This is the time when we will go! ' He called upwards towards Trea, his eyes cold, but vibrant in colour. His ears where perked upwards and he pointed his snout towards the direction they were going to set off to.

Grenade looked up, breathing a silent ' Jesus Christ thank god we're off. ' He settled himself amongst the ranks and howled for Freak and Deake to follow. Kid bounded after them.
' Are we ready to skiddleybob back to camp home fry? ' He asked Grenade, his ears perked and his tail swishing. He was just as excited as Freak and Deske were, murmuring amongst the wolves.

It was Difference, however, who was going to have the final say. Difference howled to assemble his full team, his howl radiating power and spreading fear amongst the ranks.
' We set of NOW! ' He barked, and the wolves followed Achilleus, trekking away.

Trea let out a howl, hopping down from the trunk and waiting for the others to form up.

Galenia's eyes widened. "I have to go now. I hope you two can handle yourselves in future. Good luck!" she said, before bounding off to join Damon. She rubbed noses with him, before following along.
Cesar hopped down and stood beside Trea.
Tibald looked up. "Karma, it's time for us to go. Are you gonna come with us, or...?"

"Of course I am," said Caila firmly. "I didn't just return for a pleasant chat - I've got work to do. I have to come. Also... I don't go by 'Karma' anymore. It's Caila."
Mawe stepped up beside Caila, deciding he should go where she went, to protect her.
Noticing Mawe had come to stand by her, Caila placed a final request.
"Mawe and Athene have to come too. That, or you lose me and my gift."

Athene nodded slowly, oddly proud at how Caila stood up and accepted her responsibility. Beneath her blindness, a sharp mind was concealed, and a flash of what was to come revealed challenges for each of the wolves, which would test their relationships and powers. Caila could last, and so could Mawe - but could the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.