The Wolf Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caila flinched at the use of the name she'd left behind. It had been so long since she'd heard it. Slowly, she turned to face them, her new muscles rolling beneath her fur as her body gracefully manoeuvred around. She smiled meekly at Mawe before steeling herself to look into the eyes of her old packmates.
Mawe sat back, watching the proceedings. He was anxious to protect Caila, and he could see the onset of these two had upset her. If it hadn't been for Athene's intervention, he would have prepared to fight them over her. But now, at least, he knew her old name. Karma.

Athene was seated a little apart, her white body showing up against the dark trees.

Agro smiled. "You found a new pack, eh? That's good. It's nice to see that you're still handling yourself well."
Tibald chuckled. "Looks like you've stopped being so nervous, too. How've you been, anyway?"

Caila found a small smile had laced her jaw. Emerald irises danced across the faces of her old friends.
"I've been very well, thank you," she said - Tibald was right. She was no longer flighty and nervous. "I'll admit, I have a lot to answer to. Just let me say this, considering this is not the place nor the time for lengthy explanations: I didn't want to leave, and I missed you every day I was gone."

Agro smiled. "We all missed you too. It hasn't really been the same after you left."

Achilleus grunted. ' Since your the no bullshit type, I thought you'd need to know. ' He sighed. ' The pack down there, with all our boys, it ain't so great as it was made out to be, okay? Difference made it sound like a palace, but it's far from that. I don't want to deter you or whatever, 'cuz Difference would kill me, but... It ain't what it's made out to be, okay? The conditions out there... They ain't so great. We got enough dens for everyone, and there's a lot of space, but.. '
He looked down. ' Maybe it's not my place to say, but, don't listen to Difference. In fact, I'd advise you to stay clear of our tribe altogether. '

Freak and Deake stumbled after the only wolves they knew, before running into Karma.
Deake stumbled backwards, catching the slightly dazed Freak.
' Uh... Sorry... ' Freak mumbled, looking up at the she wolf.

Trea nodded. "I understand. Well, I'll see how things play out. Thank you for the advice."

Caila chuckled, though an odd kind of sadness edged her laughter. She knew that in returning, she had sealed the fate of her pack. It would be like Athene predicted - they would all soon be "dancing with darkness".
"I should probably introduce you to my friends," she said, looking to her left and right at Athene and Mawe. "This is Athene, and this is Mawe. Without them..." she trailed off, contemplating life had she not been rescued by the miracle-working blind wolf.

Difference had been listening in on the whole conversation. No, it wasn't evesdropping. It was more... Gathering information, if you will. So Achilleus was willing to betray the tribe? Well, that's a new one. He chuckled, and advanced towards Achilleus. Achilleus was standing with his back turned, looking at Trea with somewhat dreamy eyes. Suddenly, Difference struck out of nowhere, expertly placing his paw where Achilleus' shoulder was, and bringing the large wolf down with the simple flick of his paw.
Achilleus swore loudly, dropping to the ground with a thud. He gritted his teeth. He knew exactly who it was.

Caila stumbled a few steps, her fur prickling at the sudden entrance of two complete strangers. Without a moment's hesitation, her teeth were bared and claws unsheathed. She looked questioningly at Agro, asking the silent question. Do you know them?
Mawe growled, a low guttural warning sound that pulsed in his throat. He took a step closer to Caila and Athene.

Difference let out a hiss of laughter. Ah, the old strike between the shoulder blades always worked.
Achilleus gritted his teeth and snapped at Difference, snarling.
Difference bent his face close to Achilleus' and growled him into submission.
' Trying to deter our folks from their path? ' He asked, his voice light, like his Irish accent.

Trea raised an eyebrow. "Difference." she stated blankly. "if you may please refrain from shedding the blood of your pack members on my territory. There's no harm in the truth, and it hasn't impeded on my decision. The agreement was to come and have a look, not to join automatically."

(Aaaand I G2G! XD I'll be on same time tomorrow.)

Kona followed behind Ferrin and Galenia, watching silently. She was shaken after the experience of almost letting the curse overwhelm her. She said nothing as they entered a clearing full of scents that indicated a pack resided there.
Ferrin had padded at Galenia's shoulder for the return walk, knowing not to pester Kona, and wanting to speak with the seemingly intelligent she-wolf. He slowed as they came into pack grounds, sensing hostility in the air. Faint grunts and thumps could be heard from not too far away.
"I think there's a fight going on," he murmured to Galenia.

Difference nodddd at Trea. ' This is not your fight, darling. ' He hissed, before Grenade trotted over to break the two up.
' Oy! What's going on here mates? ' He asked, his voice light and cheery.
He offered a paw to Achilleus, who was lying on the ground.
Achilleus spat at Grenade angrily, lifting himself off the ground.
Grenade shrugged, nodding at Difference. ' What's up with you boss? '

Desmon and Penelope sat aside with their heads cocked as they watched the scenes unfold in front of them, trying to follow so they would at least fit in. Desmons tail thumped on the ground in curiousity

Galenia sighed. "Looks like it."
"Indeed, but it is in my territory. If you must fight, do it in your own or unclaimed space." Trea said, without changing her expression.
Kenna growled, shaking her head. "Idiots." she muttered. She looked over and suddenly noticed two new wolves, a male and a female, standing in stark contrast to each other. She sighed, and walked over to them. "Hello." she said. "Who are you?"

Agro laughed. "Yeah, these are some new friends of ours, Freak and Deake. Sorry about them."

Freak and Deake nodded in unison, giving each other high fives.

Difference growled slowly, before nodding at Grenade. ' Get him out of my sight. ' He instructed, waving them away.
Grenade picked Achilleus up off the ground, frowning.
' Didn't I tell you not to get on the wrong side of that crazy bastard? '
' He ain't our boss you know. He don't run the buisness back home. ' Achilleus growled coldly.
' Yeah. I guess so mate. '
Grenade looked around and spotter Kenna. He ran over to her, smiling. ' Oh, hey! '

Desmon being the most talkative one stood with a wag of his tail his eyes showing slight curiousity to the female who'd approached them. "Im Desmon, you can call me Dez. This is my siste Penelope. We were looking for a pack to join."

Kenna nodded. "Indeed. I'm Kenna. Well, as it happens, we were considering transferring to a new pack in the morning." She turned to Grenade, and grinned a greeting. "Hey, Grenade. How'd you say about bringing these two back?"

Penelope shyly sank behind her brother shyly. "Are you sure..?" she asked in a whisper

"Yea we'd be fine with that." Dez paid little attention to his sister as he looked down at the female. "Whats your name? Your very pretty may I add.."

Status
Not open for further replies.