The Wings of Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
((No no Harry has black hair, and green eyes xD Sam has dark red hair and red-ish brown eyes, and Sam is tallest xD))

Lucas went with Maria to do the dishes and tried to do as much work for her as he could. He didn't want her to do all of the work. "Maria, you're the guest. Go to the living room, I'll take care of this, really, don't worry." He said as he looked at Maria, and leaned close to her when his mom wasn't looking.

"From the back yard, there's an entranceway to a staircase that leads up to the corridor with our rooms. If you want to... skip out of here you can go there and I'll come get you from the other direction. We need to talk... right?"

Lucas smiled at her and when he saw that his mother was almost looking at them he went back to doing the dishes. "So please, don't bother with doing this for us, you're a guest and shouldn't be doing our work for us..." He said with a smile.

((Exactly, i said harry was a brunette whuch meant black haired.))

Maria was a bit surprised that Lucas had helped to do the dishes. She didn't mind though. She liked his company.

"It's fine. It's not much work really. Besides, your mum is fine with it so it's ok." Maria insisted that she continued to help. She didn't feel right if she didn't at least clean up after herself. As her mother used to tell her, if you wanna eat, you have your duty before and after. And also finish what you take but that's a different story.

Maria soaped the plates and utensils and transferred them to the sink Lucas was using to rinse. It was a habit to soap the plates while someone else rinses. Maria became nervous and excited as Lucas suggested they go out for a rendezvous. Her first sneak with her first boyfriend. It was nerve wrecking. She reddened at the mention and more so when their hands brushed. Why was she still not used to his touch?

"O-okay. I'll...I'll see you then." Maria soaped the dishes and left them in Lucas' side of the sink, rinsed her hands clean and wiped them dry before walking away.

Maria peeked through the door to the living room and assessed the two families. Her mother was enjoying the conversation while her father was laughing heartily with Harry and his father. While her two siblings were shyly playing with the other pair of twins.

Good. They were busy and they might for awhile longer. Maria quietly snuck past the door to the backyard. She searched for the entryway and silently walked down the corridor. Waiting and looking for Lucas.

((Hahaha xD ))

Lucas was always the one helping out in the kitchen, because Harry would be the one to keep their father company while he did the work.

"I think if you asked her, she'd prefer that you didn't do it, after all, she doesn't want to pressure the guests." He said with a smile as he looked at her. He knew that she wouldn't bend and decided to let her do it if she wished to. He knew that it was probably a matter of principle to her, and that she had probably been raised to be like she was.

Lucas gracefully used his hands to rinse out the plates and utensils, afterwards drying them and putting them on a rack where they could damp off. It was sort of the habit of the house and it seemed that Maria had the same habits. He bit his lip when he looked at her reaction to them skipping out on the family party. Okay, so he was sneaking away with his girlfriend. Maybe not far away, but away, and it was making both of them excited about it. It made him feel so weird.

He saw that she got nervous over his touch and he pulled away from her.
"Yeah... s-see you." He muttered as he watched her go away, biting his lip. Oh god, they were really doing it, weren't they?

Lucas waited for her to go first, and when she left, he did the same. Harry and their fathers were still talking, and his eyes briefly lingered at his secretive big brother's face, but he shrugged it off. Lily was with their mothers, charming them with her little creations and cute words, and all four twins were playing with each other.

Lucas excused himself to go do something and no one seemed to mind as he took the normal way up to his room. He got Maria and grabbed her by the wrist, taking her to his room. For a boy's room, it was surprisingly clean, with pictures of his siblings and friends lying around and a bunch of books on his bed. The only mess in general were those books, littering the surfaces here and there.

Maria was surprised when Lucas appeared and suddenly pulled her into his room. She was nervous when her she stepped into his room.

Was that how a boy's room was supposed to be like? She thought that a boy's room would be a bit more untidy, as if antornado had entered a room kind of thing. Well, maybe that was a bit exageratting but, the room was neater than expected.

Maria looked around the room. Eyes book by book scattered on every possible surface. Aside from them, the room was surprisingly neat. She sat on the bed and played with her fingers.

"You're room. It's...it's really neat. Well, sort of. Ive never went into another boy's room but i can tell that it's really neat"

Lucas just didn't want them to be seen by anyone, especially the not the twins who said everything they saw. Harry would probably shut up and smirk about it all day the following week.

He wondered why she was looking like that at his room. Maybe it was strange for her to be in a boy's room, because she hadn't been before, or something. Lucas was a tidy person because he didn't enjoy making messes of his things, except for all of his books. Fact books, history books, novels, anything. He just loved to read, the words giving him information or giving him a good time, it didn't matter.

It was also the books that seemed to catch her attention. He couldn't bring himself to put them away, there was an order in their mess that only he knew, and he didn't allow anyone to touch his books. If they had to be replaced, he did it himself.

"Ah, well, I'm not fond of mess, so I end up cleaning all the time, but my books stay where they are, it's my own crazy system, I suppose."

"O-okay. I like books too. I read a lot" Maria patted the bed next to her inviting Lucas to sit next to her.

It wasn't because she was in his room that still making her nervous. It was the fact that she was with Lucas alone and confined with four walls. Maria wasn't sure what else to talk about so she chose what she loved most; her siblings.

"Umm... You have quite a big family. Mine is a bit small but I love the twins. They're very good kids"

((I want Lucas to walk in on Sam and Harry doing the do xD ))

"Ah, I see... that's really nice, books are great and all, it makes me calm to read because then I can think about other things..." Lucas said with a soft smile.

He sat down at her side with a pounding heart and looked into her eyes. He wanted to move closer to her, just that one bit closer so he could kiss her softly on the lips, but he stayed still and stared at her, wondering what they should talk about. He wanted to say something.

"Ah, well, Harry moved out two or three years ago, y'know, just like that. It surprised me a bit but my parents didn't seem to mind it as if they knew what was going on... I have the feeling that he's dating someone but he won't tell me anything if I try to ask about her..."

((or even better/worse, with Maria. In fact, why not?! XD))

"Yeah. Reading helps me too. It's as if it's taking you to a different world while reading. And you learn stuff from it. It's different from experience though."

He was close when he sat. There was some kind of attraction. She wanted to touch him. His fluffy hair, his soft face. Simply to touch him.

"Our parents said we used to play together a lot when we were younger. But I...i don't really remember anything. Do you?" To be honest, she was curious about her past, but she didn't really want to ask her parents, especially not her father. Her embarrassing but loving and lovable father. But since she's with a part of her past, why not ask him?

((Even better, why don't we say that Harry goes early from the party to meet up with Sam and the strolling Maria and Lucas see them kissing a little away from the house?? xDDD))

"Yeah, exactly like that... but I also enjoy it because of the fact that you can withdraw from the world in the novel whenever you want. You're not bound to it like the real world, and it makes it all the more enjoyable that you can close the book if it gets too much."

Lucas' fingers were tingling and he couldn't help himself from reaching out and touching her hair gently. He looked at her with the most admiring eyes, as if he only just saw how beautiful she really was.

He just wanted to reach out and hold her close, but then she started talking and he blinked in confusion.
"Ah, uhm... no not really... I've forgotten most of it and I'm scared to ask people about it... because I only remember this one thing and it's really embarrassing to ask... wait... if that was you then... do you remember it?" He asked referring to the embarrassing thing that he remembered about his and Maria's past. It was try only thing he could recall himself and it made him feel so embarrassed.

"Mh-hm. I like how we get to escape fro one world to the other just like that too."

Maria was a bit disappointed that he didn't have much memory like herself. She looked down at her bare hands. Feeling empty. Her hands felt empty. She wanted to hold something. Someone. No, not just anyone. She wanted to hold Lucas' hands. They felt right when she held them this morning. But to suddenly grab his hands...?

"Oh, umm...I...I'm not sure. As I've said, I don't remember much. What exactly are you referring about?"

Harry had excused himself around 8 PM, saying that he had an agreement to meet with someone, and his parents let him off the hook. Just as he had walked a little away from his old home, arms wrapped around him from behind. "Hey honey ~" a voice teased him and he blushed. "Damn it Sam! You scared the heck out of me. What if Lucas sees you? Are you fine with that? He doesn't even know that we still talk." Sam smiled as he hugged Harry, patting his hair. "Well, I just got this bad omen. I think that no matter how secretive we are, I think that today is the day." Harry sighed slightly, turning around to kiss his taller boyfriend. "Fine. Anyways, let's go on that walk. We still need to figure out what to do about dinner tomorrow."

Lucas smiled shyly as he blushed softly, looking at Maria. "Well... this is the most embarrassing thing I've ever had to say in my life... but when you were little, we were in the garden. It's the only memory I recall... you, asking as I gave you a flower crown..." He held a short pause to build up his courage and just get it out. ""When we grow up, propose to me under this tree!" was what you said..." He walked to the window and pointed out into the garden where there was a large tree. "We sat under that tree."

Maria stared at Lucas confused, then surprised. Did she say that? Yes, she did. Wait, she did? Little by little memories flowed into her head. She remembered it. She followed him and looked out the window. It was a breezy day, his hair was softly fluttering. He crowned her with flowers. As she kissed his forehead. She didn't see his face but she remembered how he blushed and how she did too. She looked into his eyes and cheerfully suggested. "Hey, when we grow up, let's get married? And since you're a boy, you have to say it, ok?" It was then that her parents had called her in. Little that they knew, they were parting that very day.

Maria looked at Lucas, beetroot and looking down. How much more embarrassing could things get? She covered her face with her hands.
"N-now that you mention it. Yes. Yes, I remembered."

Harry and Sam walked together for a while, hand in hand because they were alone and it was in the middle of the night. They felt like it was in the right to do something like that when they loved each other. "So, Sam... do you think that Lucas would be angry with you?" He asked as he looked up at Sam. "I doubt so... but I think that it's just not... I'm scared that he won't be mad. At least anger is something I'm familiar with." Harry wrapped his arms around Sam as they shared a soft and gentle kiss. "I love you, Sammy, don't worry... I'm more scared of what he'll think about me when he figures out that I've been dating you behind his back..." Harry said worriedly as they walked hand in hand.

Lucas blushed deep red as he looked at her with the most shy expression.
"Uhm... you don't have to... uh... this is really embarrassing and I don't want this to be awkward but I guess it can't be helped..."

A knock on the door was heard. It was Michelle and Michael. "Big sis. Daddy asked you to take us home."

Michael looked at them sleepily and Michelle rubbed her eyes. It was late afterall and really past their bedtime.
"Mummy and daddy said they're staying for a drink or something. I thought we already did drink. (he thinks it's literally drinking water, etc.)

"umm...o-ok" Maria nodded wondering how did her parents know she was there? Was she caught? It was possibly obvious anyway. It really was obvious. She walked down, this time without sneaking. She greeted the adults shyly and them good night.

"Lucas, boy. Do me a favor, would you? Walk my kids home, please. I'm sure your parent wouldn't mind right?" Maria grew a slight shade of red on her cheeks. How far is her father going to tease her? "Father?!"

"Now, now. It's late night, you're a girl and you're taking two younger kids too. Going with Lucas shouldn't be a problem."

Despite worrying quite a bit, Harry and Sam were attached by the hands and there was no way they were going to let go anytime soon.

"I think it's going to be alright, Harry. I don't believe that Lucas would hate you for it, you're his brother and you've taken care of him your whole life..." At this, Harry smiled and closed his eyes, leaning closer to Sam to listen to his heart as they stood there in the park together.

When someone came to his room and called Maria down, he knew that he'd been caught. At least it was just the twins and not some parent bursting in and seeing them together.
"Uh... I'll just... walk with you down I guess..." He muttered as he followed with Michelle and Michael down together with Maria.

When he got down, Maria's father spoke to him, and he blinked softly.
"Uh, sure, that's fine, it's not safe for a girl to be out alone this late anyways... and with two kids, too. I promise that I'll make sure they're safe."

He just took Maria with him and they went to put on their shoes. When that was done, he took Maria and the twins with him. "We'll take a shortcut through the park, okay?" He asked the kids as they walked together. He was smiling slightly since he loved kids, especially small and cute kids like the twins.

When they reached the park, he couldn't see much because of the darknes, but he could make out two figures. They were sitting on a bench, one seemingly in the lap of the other. When he got a little closer he noticed that they weren't kissing but rather just cuddling with each other. And, getting close enough, he figured that it was his brother and his best friend. His whole body froze as he stared at them, and he didn't know what to say or do, didn't know if he should move or do anyhting.
'I-is this some kind of freaky dream?! I-I thought that Harry said they didn't know each other very well! I can't... what's going on...?'

Maria picked Michelle up. And they cuddled each other. MIchelle slowly slipping off into the dream world. Michael trailed sleepily. As they walked to the park, Maria noticed that Lucas had stopped suddenly. She turned and looked at him curiously. "Lucas? What's up? Is everything okay?"

Lucas didn't know what to say as he stared at them. He didn't feel anger... no, not that... but something in him stirred up. Why didn't they tell him? Why did they feel that they had to hide such a thing from him? As he stood there, tears welling in his eyes, Harry had noticed him and came up to hug him tightly.

Lucas didn't protest of this and Sam stood watching them, knowing that he shouldn't be interrupting. Harry wanted to be the one to explain and he accepted that. "It happened two years ago, Lucas. It was when I was turning 19. He came to the party that night, and you know how we both disappeared? We met up in my room and well... shortly after I began dating him. But I felt ashamed about telling you because he's younger than I am and I felt like I stole your friend away from you.... I didn't plan for this to happen..."

The fact that Lucas didn't say anything made Harry anxious, but his brother hugged him back and it made him calm down. "You should've just told me..! Both of you! I was so scared that you were angry or something when you kept running off early... I felt horrible!"

Maria watched the scene unfold quietly. The air was a little tense. Turns out, it was a confession between Harry and Sam. Maria looked at Sam and he looked back. She didn't find it weird at all. To her, a person's love life has nothing to do with her. Be it a man and a woman or homosexual. It was ok. But Sam looked at her embarrassed to have someone else find out about him. She was sure that he was nervous of her reaction. Thinking that she might even be disgusted.

"Congrats." Maria smiled at Sam. "At first, I thought Harry looked a little stern. He isn't that bad, I guess" Maria turned to look at the two brothers having their moment. It definitely was an important conversation that required an agreement.

Harry and Lucas hugged for a while before Lucas turned to also hug Sam. "And you better treat my brother properly or I will kill you." Lucas could see from the way that they had been cuddling that Harry was definitely not the dominant personality. "Trust me, I'll treat him like my little princess, I promise ~" Sam said and Harry blushed, walking over to hit him in the shoulder. "D-don't say such things, Sam!" It was obvious that he really enjoyed what Sam said with the way that he was blushing a deep shade of red, and it was adorable.

Lucas smiled a bit as Sam sent Maria a smile, in favor of Harry who was completely focused on scolding him.
"And as I said, I'm still oldest here! You're treating me like I'm a kid... or a girl!" At this, Lucas' face went awkwardly red. He did not want that image in his mind.

Maria liked how the situation ended with Lucas accepting his brother and bestfriend's choice. They both made a great couple. It was a bit odd to see Harry act like so. It was definitely a new image to her that. Maria looked at Lucas, wondering what he was thinking. Then, Michelle started to softly snore as Michael, gently nodded his head and swayed half-asleep.

"We should really get going. I dont't think Michael can even walk anymore. We can go over to my house for the time being"

Status
Not open for further replies.