The Wings of Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they got home (after Lily had asked for candy five times) he set his little sister down. "Okay guys, listen up. I will take care of Lily, so you will go in the bath, and when you get out, Harry is going to help you guys prepare. When you're done, we'll all set the tables and clean up, okay?"

The twins saluted before running off towards one of their four bathrooms. There were two "public" bathrooms. One that the twins used, and one that they used for guests. They had their things for Lily in the parents' bathroom, and Lucas carried the blonde girl to said bathroom.

He made sure she took a shower and did what else was needed before he redressed her in a light purple dress, white socks and purple shoes.
"Thanks brother! This is my favorite dress!" She beamed as she hugged him tightly, nuzzling her head into Lucas' pant leg. He shook his head softly and smiled at her.

"Now, we'll wait for Harry to show up..." Just as he said that, he heard the door opening, and seizing Lily's hand, they walked down there, where their big brother, Harry, was standing. "Harry? Could you look after Lily while I take a bath? The twins will come help you when they're done showering." He said as he looked at Harry. After an entire school day he really, really was in the need of a shower desperately. After all, he didn't want to smell when they were having guests rather soon.

Harry nodded, Lily running to his side. He swooped the little girl into his arms. Unlike any of the other children, Harry had black hair. But Lucas' hair had also been black when he was born, it had just turned silver over the years. "Of course, I'll take care of Flower for you. So are you close to being done, other than the shower?"

Lucas nodded as he looked at Harry. "Yeah... pretty much. I got the twins in the shower, Lil is ready... I suppose there's not much more to do other than clean and set the tables as we were told to do after preparing ourselves." Almost the second he said "the twins" they came running down the hallway. "Big brother Harry!" Exclaimed Joshua as he held the hand of his older twin brother. "Big brother Lucas has gotten a girlfriend!" It burst out of Michael and Lucas blushed deep red.

"W-well that's... uhm... Harry, just take care of them for now, I'll be in the shower." He hurried up into his own bathroom as he tried to avoid Harry's questions and Harry attempting to give him "the talk". It was not the time for such awkward things.

The bathroom was a mess. Towels were here and there the floor had puddles bottles of soap and shampoo out its place. This was the result of bathing with both her siblings.

She dressed them both before dressing herself. Michael in a grey vest and black pants, hair slightly messy despite being combed. While Michelle wore a baby blue dress with hair tied up in pigtails by a pair of baby blue ribbons.

"Michael, Michelle. We need to talk about bathing together. We can't do it anymore. I mean...Michael, you're going to be a man soon and you can't bath with me anymore. And Michelle, you're a big girl now. Maybe once in awhile would be okay since we're both girls but you should learn to bath yourselves, okay?"

The two kids pouted. They were good children but they have always been spoilt by their excessively doting sister. They love their sister for that so to them, their sister's words were law. They wouldn't listen to anyone else, not even their parents.

Maria didn't want to dress up too much. It was just a family's friend afterall. She just needed to appear presentable.

It wasn't long until her parents announced to leave. Maria had appeared down to the kitchen and carried a tray of lasagna to take to the dinner before they left the house.

(We're having the dinner at your house. How far apart should out houses be? If it's like two blocks, we could just walk there)

Lucas sighed in relief once he reached his bathroom. That had been really, really close. He knew Harry would want to ask about Maria, but he couldn't tell that he thought they were bound by fate. That sounded too weird to even be funny.

He slowly began peeling off his clothing, article after article until he was stark naked. When he stepped under the water it was like all worries left him. He was back to the state where it was just him, no siblings, no one at all. Just him and his thoughts.

Back in the living room, Harry had set Lily to play with her toys in her room while him, Michael and Joshua did the preparations. They were all busy and running back and forth between each other. Harry took care of all tasks that could break something like setting the table or changing the water of the flowers. The twins took care of everything else they could get their hands on.

Lucas didn't want to be too fancy but he didn't want to look sloppy either. He wondered briefly what he should wear as he dried his wet skin and hair, wrapping a towel around his waist as he went to his room. From his closet he drew out a white shirt, a purple vest and a pair of black pants with a purple pattern at the hem and all the way up to the knee. He put on a pair of simple, black shoes.

After that was done, he styled his hair and made sure that he was presentable before he walked back to the living room, joining Harry and the twins.

Just as they were finishing up, their parents came home with the wine and last things they needed for the food. They went to the kitchen as all of the kids made sure things were done.

Before leaving, Maria looked at a mirror in the hallway and asked herself. What would Lucas think of her dress? Realizing her question, she shook her head embarrassed of the memories that came to her. She looked down at the baby blue dress her sister chose for her. Michelle had requested that they should wear the same colour cause the were sisters. Their parents lead the way as Maria walked behind the two kids. Keeping an eye on them as she carried the food.

Upon arriving, Maria mouthed to the twins
Behave as their parents rang the bell and waited for a welcome. Maria was nervous. She had always been an introvert, and making new friend had always been Crystals role. She wouldn't know what to say or do. She just hoped that this childhood friend that she once played with when she was too young to remember was someone she could get along with.

Lucas helped prepare the last things while his parents were in the kitchen. It was pretty hard with Michael and Joshua insisting on doing things that almost broke vases and plates and everything in between. He took them to the side and instructed them to behave nicely and go help in the kitchen. He realized that Lily was still in her room playing with toys, and walked up to get the blonde three-year old. She was smiling happily as he carried her to the living room. The twins were under control of her parents, and Harry was busy arranging the flowers. He was happy today, for some odd reason.

When the doorbell rung, the only one with free hands was Harry, and he went to greet the guests. It surprised him to see a girl with the almost exact same hair as her little brother, and his memory set in. It must've been the infant from when their families had last seen each other. If he was about right, she'd be around Lucas' age by now. "Hello, I'm Harry, the oldest of the family. We're quite a bunch by now, it's been a long time." He said directed at the parents. He smiled and lead them inside, and once Lucas saw Maria, he flinched, froze and almost dropped Lily.

"Good evening, Harry! It's been so long. Last time I saw you, you were not taller than a my hips. You've grown up well" Maria's father shook hands with Harry. If he was not mistaken, it had been about 10 years. He met Harry's parents once in awhile during business trips but he hasn't met the children at all. Whereas Maria's mother gave him a friendly hug as a greeting like that of a mother to a child.

Maria and the twins nodded at Harry as a greeting and smiled her pearly whites before she followed him in. She looked up to see Lucas. She froze in her steps as her family followed Harry into the living room.

"L-Lucas?!"
Maria looked at him with a wide-eyed gaze. Completely surprised. She soon became nervous and looked down at the tray in her hands. How did she looked? Was she presentable enough? Did she look sloppy? Was she overdressed? Questions came raging into her head as she gripped the tray.

Harry politely shook hands with the adults and mustered a charming laugh of his that had Lucas always admiring his big brother. "Now now, that was a long time ago. As you can see, I've grown now. You probably know the oldest after me, Lucas. After you last visited is, we've had the twins Joshua and Michael, age 11, and little Lily, age 3--" just as he said that, Lily came running with flowers in her arms. Harry carried the food that their friends had brought to the living room as Lily gave the parents the flowers. "These are for you guys! I helped pick them!" She exclaimed happily as she smiled at the parents. She presented the flowers for them to take. She had always been a sweet girl and not even with strangers was she any different.

Lucas was in the living room after Lily had practically jumped from his arms to go get the flowers and give them to the visitors. When his eyes fell on Maria, he froze on the spot and stared at her, feeling strangely naked as she was in his house. She was just so pretty that he wanted to walk over and kiss her but he couldn't in front of their parents.

"M-Maria...?" He stuttered as a deep blush settled onto his cheeks and Harry immediately knew that she was the girl. He felt a strange connection between them that wasn't just friendship, and not even just a crush. It was something stronger. Lucas took a deep breath and went to get the tray from her hands, trying not to be conscious about his appearance. "The dress looks gorgeous on you, I love how the color suits your eyes." He said nervously as their fingers brushed so lightly. It was the best feeling he had had in a long time. He carried the tray to the table as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

Maria's parents took the flowers from Lily smiling and patting her head. "Thank you, dearie."

Maria held a hand on her elbow. She was still nervous. Her cheeks burned a little and she felt embarrassed by Lucas' compliment. She felt so...happy. Happy over a few words.

The twins came over to her. Michael next to her and Michelle behind her hiding, acting shy. She wasn't really shy, she was simply playing the role of a shy girl. "Th-thank you. You look good in your best too." Indeed, his sharp charming appearance made it even harder for her to look into his eyes.

Maria's father turned towards her noticing the light shades of red on her face as she laid her eyes on Lucas. He approached them and played the strict protective father. "So? Have you both met before? I don't think you'd remember anything from your early childhood though."

(I just realised that Maria's twin siblings were too old. They should be 5.)

Lily laughed as she ran back into the living room, telling her parents that she had delivered the pretty flowers to them.

Lucas was mildly embarrassed as well, especially with the way that Maria was blushing at his compliment about her dress. He couldn't handle it and had to look down as he blushed deeply.

Lucas' face became possibly even redder than before, his eyes locking with Maria's again as he looked at her and her dress and everything about her. But he was also so shy. "Thank you... I think you're prettiest though... I really like it... uhm... I didn't expect this to happen, really... I never would've thought that we would meet..." He bit his lip as he looked down, a deep blush of embarrassment on his face.

When Maria's father came over, he smoothed out his face and stood straight up, knowing that it'd be a bad idea to let her dad know so early.
"We... we met at the school today, sir. Our similarities caused us to... collide, and... we weren't expecting to meet in a place like this." He admitted with a blush on his face.

"I see..." Maria's father looked at Lucas scanning him. He didn't look that much manly, but he did seem like a reliable person. Besides, it's his best friend's son. He gave a hearty laugh before patting the Lucas' back. "Well, my boy. I won't mind you. I was hoping she'd go with Harry but I wouldn't mind you either."

Marie rubbed her elbow in nervousness. Her father can be very embarrassing sometimes. It's what frustrates her, but she loved for that too. "F-father! I-it's...it's not like that" Maria looked at her father frantically. She couldn't believe she had said that. She had just lied to her father. She rarely if not never lied to her father unless necessary. Was this considered necessary?

She felt guilty for lying but she had no choice. It was too early and too embarrassing to admit it yet.
"Now, now. Don't be like that. What do you think harry? Don't they

Lucas yelped as he was patted on the back, a deep blush on his face. Harry smirked at the sight, he loved his little brother's cuteness. Well, he had some things to tell Lucas, but it wasn't the time for anything like that yet. "U-uhm... sir... i-it's not... I'm not... I mean.. w-we... I... uhm..." He stuttered as he tried to deny it but Maria's dad was spot on.

He exchanged anxious glances with Maria, wondering if they should tell him. But he could see that probably it wouldn't be the best idea. Instead Harry broke in.
"Sir, I am sorry to disappoint you, but it couldn't have been me and your daughter either way... since I am by all means... occupied." He didn't care to say anything more specific, again, there would come another time like that.

"And I think they are very much on their way into marrying already." He said, inclining at Lucas. At that, Lucas was strangely reminded of Sam. Sam had said the exact same thing. How could they be so alike?

Maria was at a loss for words. She didn't want to deny anymore nor did she want to tell the truth yet. Even with her father's support, it felt strange to be lovers with someone she had just met. Lovers. She felt giddy and girly in the insides at the word.

Their mothers were at the doorway watching the scene unfold, slightly furious that the men and children were keeping the food waiting. Maria's mother was glad that her elder daughter was finally in love and she could finally talk about boys like she did when she was her daughter's age. But that could wait, the food on the table should come first and were getting cold. "Now, now dearies. Dinner is ready and it's getting cold. We can discuss about this after dinner. During if you'd like" Maria's mother ended her sentence with a smirk as she eyed her daughter. Oh, how quickly she grew up.

Lucas stole some glances at Maria, biting his lip slightly. He didn't know if they should tell anyone, and he was sort of scared of what it really meant to be "lovers" and not just having a crush. It was something big and it made him all nervous to think about.

Lucas' mother also urged them to come and eat, and everyone obeyed without much protest. She was happy to see that Lucas was finally interested in girls, and a sweet one at that. She wondered if her son knew how serious it was. But either way, Lucas' mother was a very accepting person of nature. She had had some problems with Harry with all of the things that he went through, but she had accepted him and no she just wanted her children happy, regardless of what that meant. Lucas politely sat down on his chair, gesturing for Maria to sit beside him in the most polite way he could.

Maria looked around and saw that no one noticed Lucas asking her to sit next to him. No one took that seat either. Was the seat meant for her? Or did they have some kind of telepathy to make her sit there.

Either way, she had no choice but to do so. It's not like disliked sitting next to him. She just knew that she would feel awkward but happy sitting next to him. Just like how they did during lunch at school.

Before herself, Maria helped to pick some food for Michelle who was sitting next to her. She had to make sure she ate her vegetables and finish her food. Maria then picked some food for herself. She glanced up at Michael who looked a little sad. Her best guess was that he had wanted to sit next to her too.

Lucas hadn't intended to force her to take that seat, but he noticed how everyone seemed to want her to sit there, and nowhere else. Harry winked at him and gave him a thumbs up secretly, which made him blush slightly.

But when she sat down, he did feel that nervous little pang of happiness in his stomach, fluttering around and making him smile like an idiot. He blushed slightly as he waited for the others to take their food.

When everyone was done, he helped Lily, who was at his side, with getting her food. He had to make sure she ate properly, including her vegetables. But she usually did all on her own because she was such a lovable girl. He then took food for himself and began eating, every now and then gazing towards Maria.

Maria pecked at her food slightly more lady-like that she had normally. Her mother smiled reaslising this but kept her lips sealed whereas her father was simply reckless.

"Now, Maria. Don't go being shy about food." The man returned to his meal complimenting the food as he did and talked of this and thats with his old friend.

Maria looked down at her plate embarrassed at her father comment. She had suddenly forgotten how she had been eating? Had she been this she? Was it less lady like? She was sure she had her manner in check.

Lucas kept glancing over at her and therefore, didn't get his eating done very quick. It went slow and he pretty much pecked at his food because he wanted to look at her.

He did though, flinch when Maria's dad spoke, immediately looking away. He couldn't find it in himself to eat the food and blushed deep red as tried not to look at Maria again.

Even though he knew that Maria's father had spoken to Maria, he felt as if he had been caught staring at her so much. He blushed as he picked at his food again, unable to eat it because he wanted to talk to Maria.

((Oh and "the thing" there is about Harry is that he's gay and actually dating Sam xD But Lucas has no idea about that o: ))

((So so so SO sorry! I've been busy for the past week and I might still be. So I'm going to apologize when I can and that's now. And I love the idea where Lucas' brother and bestfriend is gay. I ship them already XD))

Maria continue eating her food as she looked around the table resisting the urge to look at Lucas as much as she could.

In this situation like these, in books, where the girl comes over to a guy's house, what would happen? Would they go to the guy's room alone? Or would they sneak to the backyard in some kind of secret hideout like a treehouse? Would they perhaps announce their relationship?

The third didn't seem right. To have objected the families so much then announcing their relationship would be...awkward. It wasn't as though she didn't want to announce to them but, it'd be embarrassing. Her father would make fun of her and her mother would bombard her questions. They weren't exactly the normal type of parent where they would object to their child's love making the love story into a Romeo and Juliet kind of story. They were the type to support their child's choice to the point of embarrassment.

Maybe she ought to announce soon. But when?

((Okay okay okay, so I won't be here next week (maybe late at night but otherwise not because haha I'm having my project week so I'm stressed) And I had it from the start, Sam is tallest and the dominant of them, for your shipping needs >w> Just like Lucas, Harry is more on the pretty side, and Sam was the one to confess first, AND they live together (but Lucas doesn't know because he never hangs out with Sam at home and even if he did, Harry is out pretty often hehe))

Lucas had to resist looking at Maria all of the time. He wanted to look at her, her dress was so pretty... but he had to control himself.

He had never been in love with a girl before, and he had never thought about how to announce a relationship. He didn't want to make himself look bad, and he knew that Harry hadn't really "announced" his relationship as he just said he was occupied, which also meant he could be just in love with someone but not actually with them.

Lucas didn't know if such a thing could happen with them. Plus, he thought that it would be weird when they had so utterly denied it in front of them for the entirety of the evening, and it would seem a bit strange if they suddenly went with it. Plus, he couldn't see how it wouldn't be embarrassing. Considering how both of their parents were acting, Lucas was fairly sure that it would be a bombardment of embarrassing questions about how many kids they'd have and if they'd thought about a place to move into when they would get old enough for that.

Maybe that was why Harry kept it secret. He thought about that and decided that that was Harry's reason for keeping his girlfriend a secret to their parents.

((I ship them so hard!!! XD Im so going to draw them. (When i do get the chance though) Harry's a brunette right? What was Sam again?)

Once dinner was finished, the men went and children went to the living room. It wasn't neccessary, but Maria felt the need to wash the dishes. A guilt for eating at someone else's house. It was only right to clean up after herself. That was what her mother had taught her.

Lucas' mother was kind enough to dismiss her but maria stayed to wash the dishes. After insisting to do the dishes, Lucas' mother finally gave up and thanked her and went into the living room where everyone else was.

As Maria soaked her hands in the water cleaning the dishes, she wondered how she and Lucas couod get together alone without getting caught. She wasn't really expecting anything but a girl could dream, can't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.