The Wings of Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas smiled just slightly. He thought it was kind of cute that she was so gentle. Wait... cute? Since when did he start even caring about that? He blinked when a light blush settled onto his cheeks and he hid it away with another smile. He didn't know what to say or do to her, as if he had never interacted with anyone before.

"Ah, uhm, right." He blinked as he looked at her. Maria? It seemed oddly familiar to him. He wondered where he could know her from, he had no recalling of knowing a girl with the same "condition" as himself. Maybe they had met as children? He really couldn't remember anything. But he was cut out of it when Annie interrupted them. He really just wanted to be alone with Maria. There was a lot that they needed to sort out.

"Ah, well, it's a long story... I don't really know how to explain it, but basically we kinda know each other without knowing each other for real... it's a bit strange, so I had to talk to her alone... see if she was having the same thoughts as myself. It's really not the dramatic love affair that people make it out to be, y'know." He figured that she had heard the rumor of them being secret lovers and therefore he had dragged her off. So he decided to kill the rumor now.

"Oh, please do tell this long story of yours. We have the whole lunch time to do so." Annie said setting her chin on her hands.

Maria did feel the urge to be alone with him. She just wanted, almost needing to be with him alone. And she felt a slight anger when Annie asked for an explanation. He was not wrong to pull her away. Was she perhaps the protective type of person like Crystal was?

"Umm...Annie? Do you mind leaving us for a bit? I just really need to talk to him alone for a bit. It's a bit complicated. I'm sorry" again, Maria spoke apologetically making Annie feel guilty in way. It was as though she didn't want him to be with her. She was just cautious of the guy. She knew him but she knows nothing of him. Should she leave her new friend alone with him? But He did say they knew each other and Maria hadn't disagreed. So she thought, it wouldn't really do any harm.

"Hmm...alright. I'll talk to you again later then. I'll see you later"

"As I said, I don't know how to explain it to you." Lucas said with not much else added. He didn't sound annoyed, rather like he was speaking truthfully.

He really didn't know what was going on. He looked at Maria, blinking as she asked Annie to leave. She had expected Maria to want Annie to stay with her. Maybe he wasn't the only one feeling the need to be alone with her. He wondered what was going on with them. It surprised him that she sounded so apologetical, considering that if she wanted to be alone, it was something Annie should respect. Lucas wasn't an intimidating person. He wasn't that tall and he was thin and gently formed, almost like a girl. He was the last boy you'd be scared of. And with him being so light in color, he seemed fragile and breakable, much alike Maria. They almost looked like siblings.

He looked after Annie as she left, sighing softly.
"You didn't have to ask her to leave, you know. But you didn't want to explain it to her, right?"

"I don't really want to tell her about the tattoo. She reminded me of a friend of mine what with her being peppy and all. But I do think we should talk about the tattoo. We need to figure out how and why."

She watched Annie leave and entered a new and more lively and larger group of people. Asking her to leave was almost like asking Crystal to leave. She didn't want her to leave. But she didn't really want to stay either.

And aside from not wanting Annie to know about her tattoo, she simply wanted to be alone with Lucas. But why? She suddenly felt nervous and self-concious. She didn't care about the eyes that were still watching them, she cared about the pair of eyes that was looking right next to her. Why was this so? To hide her nervousness, she quickly pull out her chopsticks and began eating.

"It's alright. We do need to figure things out soon. I don't want to be confused anymore... I just want to know what this is really about. Why we are like this. It's not like we're supposed to feel pain because of each other, and these tattoos are a bit unnerving."

Lucas looked after Annie, but soon turned to Maria. The way she looked so sad made something rise in his chest and he wanted to lay an arm around her. But he couldn't, considering that she wasn't that close to him. He didn't know anything about her.

Their eyes locked and Lucas couldn't look away. He really loved her eyes, compared to his blue ones, they were stormy grey and he loved that. Well, secretly loved it, anyways. He couldn't tell her how he was feeling, how his heart pounded in a non-painful way. How his cheeks threatened with starting to burn. They looked at each other until Lucas started feeling awkward. They looked down at the exact same time, starting to eat. Lucas even ate like a lady, politely and slowly, with small bites and his graceful hands holding the chopsticks. He didn't know what to say, feeling really stupid for staring like that. He tried to find a conversation topic, but he felt like all eyes were focused on them.

She took a glance at him, noticing the way he held his chopsticks. It was a little to elegant but nevertheless has quite some manners. Besides, the elegant look didn't look bad on him either. She took another glance and noticed he was eating a bento too. How did she not notice it?

"I know I said we should talk more about them but honestly, I don't even know where to begin. No. Correction, we don't even know anything to say."

She looked down at the almost empty box. A small portion of rice on one side with fishcakes and mini sausages on another. And oddly, some peas spread around. They were hidden within the rice by her mother. She didn't like peas. Yes, she was one of those people who chose the food she ate, or rather the vegetables she ate.

Lucas didn't notice her looking at him as he was focused on eating. He didn't know what to say or do, and his sparkling eyes were focused on the food. He tried to find a place to start, something to talk to her about, anything to make her like him. Or... did he really want that? Did he want her to be with him? Did he want her to be more than his friend?

"Well I don't know... I mean... I saw yours were white... mine's a black left wing... and yours? I mean... maybe it means something important since we kinda... seem to attract each other, I don't know."

Lucas always made lunches for the entire family, and all kids loved his food, hell, even the workers in Lily's kindergarten praised her lunches with well-cooked food and all kinds of variations of vegetables, fruit, bread/rice, and just the right amount of meat for Lily to eat. He also did the same with his own lunches, because he knew it was important to eat proper food. He didn't want to get sick because he had a whole family to take care of.

She watched him eat as he spoke. To her, his hair seemed soft, almost as soft as hers, maybe even softer. She wanted to touch it. But that would just be weird. To suddenly touch a person's hair. Not to mention the rumours and the eyes that continued to watch them.

At the mention of their attraction had mate the blood creep into her face. Redding and heating it. Does that mean her feelings were visible? Wait, he said each other. Does that mean he liked her too? Could she think of him that way? And with those thoughts, came hope. Hope that they could be together.

"Y-yea. I guess you're right. Like...magnets. Attraction between the north and south pole. Or like the yin and yang. With our tattoos being different yet similar...i think"

Lucas had never thought about his own hair. It was a sweet mess on the top of his head, and he didn't bother to do anything about it. But it was truly soft as silk. He didn't know if it was caused by his shampoo or if his hair was just soft by default. He enjoyed running a hand through his hair when he was focused, and also did so when frustrated, even when he was bored. It was a habit and he kinda wanted away with it. He glanced at her.

Her hair was lighter than his. His was closer to silver than white. He realized he was staring and looked away just slightly, averting his eyes from her. He looked up, noticing her blush. Okay, the possibly cutest thing he had ever seen in his life was this girl. He wanted to lean in and brush his hands against those cheeks, and feel her arms wrap around his neck... okay, stop. No more daydreaming. But he could see how she reacted. What if they had that chance with each other? What would happen if they were to share a kiss with each other? Would that change everything?

"Well... I don't know... I just know that, well... I dunno how to explain this, but I find you so attractive. You draw me in and I can't escape from it... I think I really like you, I mean... you're so nice and I really want us to be together all the time and I... well I don't really know, I'm rambling right now, aren't I?"

It was a sudden confession. It wasn't as though Maria had never been confessed to. But the confession was so sudden and it struck her. She became flustered turning redder than before as she looked for the words to answer him. Not only that, she had found his rambling rather...adorable.

Was he, possibly, just as nervous as she was? Or was she jut imagining that? Either way, she looked down do calm herself but the beating of her heart was drumming in her ears.

"W-well...maybe we could...try?" She felt even more embarrassed as her voice trailed off at her proposal. Was it really proposal? It sounded like one. Would it be okay for a girl to propose? She remembered how Crystal used to say that girl must never propose to a guy. Something about a girls' code in dating. She didn't really mind it much but she was completely overwhelmed by embarrassment.

Lucas felt as if he had thoroughly embarrassed himself with that confession. It had been a confession, a freaking confession of love, love and nothing else. What could be more embarrassing than that? He was a guy who had just made the first confession in his life. He bit his lip as he looked away, a shade of deep scarlet adorning his pale cheeks.

He was so nervous that he could burst. He felt like a bubble waiting for it to happen. But he was also a little happy. That her reactions made her seem like that she felt the same way about him as he felt about her.

"Yeah... I... I'd really like that, Maria. Guess they weren't all in the wrong about the romance thing." He looked over at her with a blush on his face. He smiled slightly as he reached out and took her hand in his own under the table so that no one would see them. He hated too many rumors. "So... do you want to go out with me?" He ended up asking with a heavy blush on his cheeks. He wanted to be with her so bad, and even if he hadn't dated a girl before, he wanted her to be his first girlfriend. And hopefully his only girlfriend. "Do you think that it has something to do with... with... y'know... I mean... seeing as we seem sort of... connected..."

She looked down at their hands intertwined under the table. It was all too fast. It had only been a few hours since they've met and now...they're lovers. Lovers. One word that made her feel giddy and happy inside. She never thought she'd ever felt that way. It was such a new feeling. And she liked it. She liked how happy she was. How she felt like jelly all over on the inside. How her heart was beating loudly and how her hands suddenly felt damp with the sweat of nervousness.

Y-yeah..." She kept her eyes on their hands to avoid his eyes. She felt running away but she didn't want to leave. It was a complicated and contradicting feeling that mixed up in her.

It could be. I mean...we've only just met but i've been feeling some kind of connection to you. As though i've seen you somewhere." She peeked up at him suddenly mesmerised by him. Her eyes locked in his. Slowly, she inched closer to him only to b stopped by the ringing sounds of the school bell which made her jump in her seat.

Lucas felt the warmth from her hand enveloping his own, and heat spread through his body again. It was so nice. He didn't care that it was going fast, he was so happy to be with her, to hold her, to see her smile. And he knew that he was the one who would make her smile in the future. Because she wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her. He could feel her hands sweating with nervousness and smiled. He wanted to kiss her so badly but his furiously beating heart prevented him from doing so.

He looked down at their hands as well, smiling slightly. He wanted to run and yet he wanted to stay. It was complicated but also really nice, and he knew that his body wouldn't let him leave.

"We'll figure out what to do sometime... it's not that important, okay? We can figure it out eventually... what these tattoos and our connection means..." He smiled at her and looked into her eyes. Their eyes locked and when they inched closer, almost kissing, the bell had to ring. But, when the amount of students thinned out, he stole a kiss to her cheek, and then dragged her off to class with a smile on his face.

A...a kiss. She had received a peck on her cheek and that was all that ran through her mind. She kept her eyes set on the ground too embarrassed to look at anyone. Her heart was beating furiously throughout the rest of the day. It had been difficult to concentrate in class. Especially when she could feel his gaze right behind her. She fiddled with her pencil, twirling a few strands of her hair and scribbling as much notes as she could simply to calm her racing heart. Sitting next to her was Annie who had written a note to her on a piece of paper. Yes, paper. It would've been much easier to simply text each other but they have yet to exchange their contact numbers and Annie had really wanted to talk to her.

Say, who was it again that said there wasn't anything between you and silver boy again? Maria read the letter. She guessed that it really was obvious now. And she had no idea or intention of denying. The rumour wasn't true but now, it was.

I guess I can't deny it anymore. Marie wrote back taking a quick glance at Lucas.

Lucas was lightheaded when he reached the class. He was happy and embarrassed and yet happy and wanted to be with Maria all day. But he just couldn't do that to the other, he knew he didn't deserve such happiness. He bit his lip as he tried to allow himself to be happy about the fact that him and Maria were becoming more than friends. He couldn't stop looking at her and tried distracting himself by taking down as many notes of the class as possible. How could he distract himself from her? He wanted to hold her again even if they had been together mere five minutes ago. His heart was racing and he tried to control it by taking all of those notes down as he went. It made him so embarrassed that he couldn't control himself from anything. He could barely even keep his thoughts straight, and he was angry with himself for being so unlike his usual self.

He glanced down as a note landed on his table. It was from Sam. Yo, loverboy. The girl from before your new girlfriend or what? Let me be godfather for your kids! (^∇^) He glared over at Sam with a deathly expression on his face. But really he was just embarrassed about it.

What rubbish are you talking about?! You sound like I'm going to marry her! I'm not even sure what I feel yet! It was a kiss to the cheek, geez! He tossed the note after Sam when the teacher wasn't looking.

Last bel rang indicating the last class had ended. She packs up her own things and. I stood next to you desk and spoke.

"I'm going to go home now. I...I'll see you tomorrow then"

Initially, she had hoped they cod walk home together but she didn't knew where he lived. They might've lived in separate ways. Besides that, she still had to pick up her siblings. She wouldn't want to bother him.

((But they're meeting again tonight, haha xD))

When he finished packing his things after the bell rang, he looked up at her and smiled just slightly, stroking a lock of hair from his face.

"Alright. I have to go pick up the twins and Lily anyways, I need to get them ready for the dinner we're having with family friends tonight... I'll see you tomorrow."

He waved at her and when the classroom was empty, he stole a kiss to her lips and left with a grin on his face. When he reached the twins' school, they came straight running out to him and hugged him. All three of them walked hand in hand to the kindergarten, and Lily came out to hug them all. She was tired and Lucas had to carry her home.

(I was gonna say we walked together and realised that they were walking in the same direction un intentionally but it's kk. I forgot to)

Hmm...dinner? She was surprised when he said he had dinner with his family's friend. No, it's true that they had a lot of coincidences but it can be possible that they'd have dinner together, right?

She stood still and stiff when he stole a kiss from her. She watched him walk out and wave. She dropped her bag still surprised. When Annie came in to check, Maria came to her senses and turned beet red covering her face with her hands. Urgh! How embarassing!!!

"Hey, are you okay? Maria, your face is really red. Did he do something to you?"

She shook her head, hands still covering her face. "No. Nothing happened. I'm have to go now" maria picked up her things hastily and exited leaving Annie filled curiosity.

What a day it was? Her first day of school, she got herself her first boyfriend, and said boyfriend gave her her first kiss. She rode her bicycle and stopped in front of her siblings' school. Each running towards her and kissing her cheeks before getting on her bicycle. If she had been a little earlier, just a slight bit earlier, she would've been able to meet Lucas again.

Lucas had heard her talk about a dinner before, but he didn't think that it had anything to do with him. After he had picked up Lily, he began walking home with the three-year old hunched on his back. She was laughing happily and playing with Lucas' silver hair, saying that her brother was so pretty.

Lucas thought back on the kiss and smiled to himself. Joshua eyes him suspiciously, and Michael followed suit. They looked up at him with their curious, big eyes. "Did you get a girlfriend, brother? You look so happy." Lucas flinched. Okay, he wouldn't call the twins dumb. They were extremely sneaky and always knew where to poke.

"Yes. I got a girlfriend. She's really nice and I will let you meet her soon if you behave, boys."

They both pouted and turned away from him as they walked, but he knew that they weren't mad. They just wanted to know who his girlfriend was. And he could give it to them, they were his brothers.

Of course, Lily came with her input as the only girl in a siblings group of five.
"Is she pretty? Like really really reeeeeally pretty?" She asked in her cute voice as she hugged him tightly, clinging onto his neck. She was an innocent and nice to everyone and she always did as she was told. "Yes Lily, she's very pretty. She has light hair like me, but hers is all white instead of grey. Do you want to meet her too?" She nodded and he laughed softly as he walked with his three siblings home.

"Hey, big sis. Can we get ice cream on our way home? I want ice cream. Ice cream. Ice cream. Ice cream~~~" a sweet girl she was, Michelle. But her playfulness was a total contrast to her elder twin brother.

"No, Michelle. I can't have ice cream. We can have some later after dinner. Besides, we have to get home and get ready." To be honest, she would love to but they were running a little late. She wouldn't want their mother worried about them.

"Hey, big sis. Did something happen today? I can hear your heartbeat. It's really loud." Michael was hugging her from the back where he sat, leaning against her lazily. It was true, her heart was racing from memories of the morning. What would she do if she were to meet him again?

"N-no. Not really. But...I. I have a boyfriend now. Don't make too much noise about it okay? Don't tell anyone yet. Daddy will get angry" it wasn't that her parents were strict, they were....protective. They have two daughters and a son. So far, their eldest child and daughter, which was herself, had never had a boyfriend before and to have one suddenly and on the first day of school. It surely wouldn't be an exciting news. It would take some time.

Reaching the house, the littles ones ran off to their beloved mother who was preparing for the dinner. Maria left her bicycle in the garage and entered the kitchen.
"Go and take a bath, you two smelly monkeys" she said with a smile. The two pulled her hands; Michael tugged on hers gently, while Michelle pulled with almost all her might. Each begging their big sister to join them in the bath again.

"Ahaha. Alright. I got it. We can't stay too long in the bath okay?" Maria pecked her mother's cheek before going to the bathroom and into the tub with her two adorable little siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.