The Wings of Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright. Sam, Harry, are you guys alright on your own?" Lucas asked and Harry smiled softly. "Yes, we're just going home now, anyways. We were just on a walk. Have a nice evening." As they were walking, Sam looked over his shoulder from where he was holding Harry by the waist with his arm. "And make sure to tell me everything that happens tonight, okay!" He yelled after Lucas and winked and Lucas blushed. "I thought I TOLD you nothing would happen!!" Lucas yelled back, a deep blush settling on his face.

When they were gone, he sighed and picked up Michael.
"Yeah... let's get going... god dammit, I don't know who's more embarrassing of those two... no wonder they kept saying the same things all the time, I guess it's partly my own fault for not noticing... they even have the same habits!"

Maria smiled "They looked good together. I think they'll be together for awhile. Can you carry Michael for me? I don't think he can walk anymore."

Maria gently kissed the top of his head. He was practically half-asleep. It was a good thing that tomorrow would be a weekend. None of them would have to wake up early for school. Maria patted Michelle's head cuddling her head against her neck. It wasn't much further form her house.

Lucas blushed. "As far as I figured, they've been dating for two years and are living together so I think they've already been together for a while... besides, Harry can act sincere around him, guess he just likes the same things about Sam as I do, except he likes those things a tad more, I must say."

Lucas picked Michael up in his arms as he carried him to the house where Maria lived. When the children were put to bed, his eyes went over to Maria. He didn't know what to say and just blushed. They had probably been about to do something in his room and now they were alone again, making it all the more awkward.

Maria set down Michelle and tucked her in. She kissed her forehead and gently brushed the few strands out of Michelle's face. She could faintly hear Michelle whispering something about ice cream in her sweet dreams. Maria truly adored both her siblings. They meant the world to her. She glanced up at Lucas and remembered that he was still there.

She lead him out of their room and left the door allowing only a thin line of light into the room. "thanks for walking us back." Maria looked down at her knotted fingers. What else could they talk about?

Lucas did the same with Michael, patting his head gently as he fell asleep completely, yawning cutely as Lucas tucked him in. It felt just like caring for his siblings, and he smiled seeing the twin boy tossing and turning while mumbling something about monster trucks and free ice cream. Somehow, Lucas had forgotten that Maria was just there with him, and he blushed when she took his hand.

When they were out the door, he looked at her with a blush on his face and smiled. "It's alright... really, I mean, I wouldn't have wanted it any different." He whispered gently as he looked at her. He leaned forward and brushed his lips to hers, not knowing what to talk to her about.

Maria was amazed at how a person could be so gentle. So gentle with his hands, his walk, his voice, his smile, his gaze. He was so gentle. Or was it just her wearing her
metaphorical rose-tinted glasses made out of love. was she really in love or is was it just a crush. Not knowing the difference for years, it was difficult to tell between them.

She wide grey eyes into his blue ones. Slowly he came closer to her, she didn't move. she didn't want to. Her mind went blank when his lips brushed her own. She could feel his breathe on her. She didn't know what to say... or do. So she did what came first to her mind. She shut her eyes and leaned forward to set her lips on his.

Lucas had always thought of her as sweet, right from when he met her. She treated everyone nicely, even if they didn't give her the same treatment in return. He wondered if that gave her a difficult life, but she always seemed to be so happy and good to others, so obviously he doubted that she felt bad. He would always look at her with such admiration, her sweetness made him want to be together with her all the time, but he didn't know how far this relationship would go.

When they were looking at each other, it was like the world had stopped for him. His breath caught in his troat and he stared at her with a bit of a surprised expression. But that changed when they slowly got closer, as if his mind went blank. He couldn't say anything and just leaned closer and closer together with her until their lips brushed. He held her hands in his own as they kissed gently.

It must have been an eternity until the pulled apart. But to her, it felt like a mere second. She gazed into his eyes once more. When she finally came to her senses she pulls herself and looked down at her knotted fingers as heat crept up her cheeks.

"I-it's late. Y-you should be going. Your parents might get worried." Maria didn't look at him. She was too embarrassed. She didn't want him to leave either. But so much happened in one day, it was almost tiring. BUt her reasons were right. It was way past midnight and to be out for long might not be a good idea.

Lucas had to dwell in this kiss, forever and for as long time as he could. He didn't want to pull back ever again, but of course he had to, and when he did, he gazed back into her eyes as he blushed slightly, not knowing what to do in this confusing situation filled with love and gentleness.

"Uhm... I was instructed that it was fine if I stayed over... and I don't really... wanna leave..." Lucas admitted with a blush on his face, not knowing what to do with himself. Okay, it was late, but there was nothing that made him want to leave. He wanted to see her pretty face again in the morning, and he wanted to kiss her cheeks and tell her good morning.

"i-is that so? I see." Maria looked at him, her joy almost transparent on her face as she she lit up at his statement. She was still embarrassed at what they had done. She was relived that he was able to stay. They may not be sleeping in the same room, but they would at least be in the same room.

At that thought, Maria blushed. They were going to be under the same roof for a night. For some reason, she was nervous. She slightly shook her head, dismissing the thought away. First, she had to show him to a guest room. He was a guest afterall, and there would be no way that se was going to sleep in the same room with another man.

"Shall I show you to your room then? There's a guest room down the hallway opposite of mine."

"Y-yeah... I'm sorry. He probably wants us to... spend the night together." Lucas said nervously. He was so happy that he got to stay, and from the look on Maria's face, she was feeling the same way. But they'd been about to do something up in that room, he was sure of it. And now their families wanted them to finish what they'd started.

At this thought, he blushed deep red and looked down. He didn't want it to be reality. But it was. His parents, and probably Maria's parents too, wanted him to sneak into her bedroom and do things to her. But he just didn't know if he had the resolve to do that. He was in love with her, but he had so many nerves that he could barely even breathe from the nervousness.

"Oh... right, uhm... I guess we can't... do this yet... but my dad said that I'd have to... I don't know if I can... Maria..."

"u-umm...no. I..I don't think I can...d-do it e-either." It was quite an embarrassing topic to discuss. Not only that, she didn't know a single thing about it. She was never the type to wondered about it. She had never asked her parents about the birds and the bees.

Maybe....Just maybe if they were to simply sleep together wouldn't be so bad. But 'sleeping' together would be a problem. She knew her love was real, but she wasn't ready. Heck, they've only just met that very day. Maria played with the skirt of her dress as she walks down the hallway and stood in front of her room door.

"So umm....g-good night."
Maria rushed into her room with cheeks burning red. Behind the shut door, she leaned against it and took deep breathes to calm her racing heart. She knew it. She was in love. When her heart finally calmed down, she washed her face, brushed her teeth and changed into a tee and shorts. She looked at the door for a few moments debating whether she should lock the doors or not. There was a man in the house afterall, and that man is not her father this time. She decided. The door shall be closed but she'd leave the door unlocked. Lucas wouldn't do anything to me, would he? No. Would he? She shook her head and slipped into her bed slowly, letting sleep engulf her.

"I-I... I'm sorry about this situation, but I'll definitely hear about it if I walk home now... I promise that I won't do anything..." Lucas whispered as he blushed deep red. He felt like an idiot. He hated that he couldn't even do things like that right, and he wanted to apologize to her. She'd probably want him to.

But he couldn't. He really couldn't. Of course, if they could just fall asleep on a bed together, there'd be no problem. But "sleeping" together would be quite a problem for them. Of course, he was in love with her, to the point of going mad and crazy with it, but he couldn't do something like this yet. He followed her and stood in the door to his room, bowing shortly to her.

"G-good night... feel free to sleep in late tomorrow, I'll make you breakfast..." Lucas said with a gentle smile as he closed the door. He decided not to lock it because he secretly wanted for Maria to come into his room and ask to be with him. Just holding hands until they fell asleep... he'd quite like that. Not having brought anything to sleep in, he took off all of his clothes except for his shirt and loose boxer shorts. Thank god he wore that kind of loose underwear. He lied down on the bed, running a hand down his chest where he had his birth mark, and then picking out and looking at strands of his hair. He had met a person destined to be with him forever, and now he just couldn't move... he couldn't show her how much he loved her because he was embarrassed about what was going to happen between them. He sniffed slightly in shame of himself as he finally let sleep wrap around his tired body, making him finally calm down from the falling tears.

Maria tossed and turned in her bed, trying as best as she could to fall asleep. Urgh...I'm going to look great tomorrow with eye bags. After hours of restlessly tossing in bed, she sat up and looked around her all too familiar room. Piles of books everywhere; most were on the shelves where they were meant to be, stacks on the table while others were by her on an end table. Books, his room was not much different from hers. She scanned her room once more, and finally stopped at the door of her room.

Mixed feelings were swirling inside of her. What was she hoping for? Lucas to suddenly entering? That couldn't possibly happen. She knew this and yet, she still hoped. She flopped back on to the bed, staring at the ceiling. She was still restless. She wanted to be with him again and she'd gladly get into his bed, but she didn't have a reason to. She stared at the door once more before turning her back to it and stared at the stands of her white hair flowing and spreading across her pillow.

She shut her eyes hoping that she could finally fall asleep.

Lucas really couldn't sleep, after all. He didn't want to not be able to sleep in a situation like this, and he just wanted to go and hug her tightly like a teddy bear until they both fell asleep in a nice, little embrace. He didn't know what else he could do, after all. He wanted to make Maria happy, be with her, talk to her, and only do things when they were both ready. He didn't want to hurt her, he really, truly, just wanted to spend this one night in her company, talking to her and holding her hand until she'd gently and sweetly fall asleep in his arms. Anything else didn't matter to him at this moment.

And thus, his determination was set. He didn't wait a moment longer and took his blanket with him, slowly slipping to her door. He stepped in, his nervousness showing but a smile also littered his pretty face. He wasn't going to hurt her. He couldn't hurt her. Instead of saying something, he walked over after gently closing the door, lying down beside Maria who was lying with her back against him. As he lied down, he wrapped his own blanket around himself and scooted closer to her. He could feel her warmth even through two blankets. He smiled and waited for her to turn around before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm... not going to hurt you tonight." He confirmed, both to himself and to her.

Maria was half-asleep when the door to her room opened and a thin streak of light from the hallway appeared in her room and grew as the door widened. In the light, a shadow formed. It didn't frightened her. Instead, it made her nervous. She knew that shadow. It had his figure; his hair, his height, his every length. Maria stiffened a little, what was he doing at her doorway? She did what would first cross her mind, and that was to feign asleep. She mimicked a soft snore hoping that it would pass as asleep.

The bed sank where he laid and she could feel him. His presence was there. She could feel him through the layers of blanket. She could feel his warmth emitting from him. Or was that her? Her heart felt as though she had raced a mile. His words, were soft and silky and she liked it. She felt calm and once again she engulfs herself with sleep.

*****THE NEXT DAY*****​

Maria blinked awake to find herself on the chest of what she would guess belonged to Lucas. She could hear his heart gently beating and feel the gently rise and fall of his chest as he breath. She made no movement as she realised an arm around her. It felt awkward yet, so right. She knew she should move away but she didn't want to. She wanted to stay where she was, at least for a little longer.

Lucas had never experienced something so nice before. Just lying down like that with someone and gently, gently falling asleep with not a second thought. That was all he had ever wanted, nothing as to make him so nervous. There was nothing to be nervous about, just like this, it was all about sleeping, falling asleep and staying like that. At least, that was what he thought now. He had noticed her being nervous as well, but there was nothing to be nervous about, which served to calm him down even more as he had lied down there beside her.

It was a strange moment, the moment before they fell asleep, but it was also something nice that he hadn't experienced before. It calmed him down and yet made his heartbeat rise. But in the end, he was of course engulfed by sleep to some extent, and his whole body relaxed as he soothed himself into an embrace with her, and thus the night passed without much of a change.

When the morning came, he was about to move away from her when he woke up, but he could feel her clinging to him and instead just nuzzled closer to her. He hugged his arms around her neck and kissed the top of her head, letting out a sleepy yawn. "Mornin'." He mumbled as he looked at her with a sleepy, cute expression. His hair was a mess from sleeping, and he looked absolutely adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.