The War of Zethrex

I will I haven't posted my character's reaction yet. What kinda plot do you have in mind?

Not very sure. I don't think Gareth will openly take part in the politics - He might, as some sort of sadistic challenge for himself.

Doesn't always have to be political, could just be a social thing. Hmmm...

How about we have Frostbite and Gareth meet up in the mess hall and see where we go from there? Probably could have the two of them scheming for the next battle.

That's fair enough. :D Let's do dat!

Been gone a few days, going to be gone a few more. Will return sometime during the weekend of the 7th. Will be out of town in the meantime, so am just going to set this chapter out. Hopefully this won't terribly inconvenience anyone.

Happy new year to everyone.

We are still looking for new members to join the RP, and now is a great time to do so, currently in a social phase, perfect time for new faces to jump into the RP. Spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested. This RP still has plenty of room for more on all sides.

Summary:

• [*=left]The Battle of Ki'ar was won by the Magi faction. The Alliance had the upper hand in the battle but the tides were turned by the Magi unleashing their secret weapon. 60 massive cannons, set upon the country of Qortic, launched a volley of magical energy towards the Alliance and Purger fleets. These ripped apart the airships of both factions. The Alliance and Purgers were forced to retreat.
  • The Purgers managed to get their hands on several Alliance airships, and are currently trying to reverse engineer them for their own purposes. These ships are 2 carrier ships, 1 cruiser, a scout ship and a fully intact battle ship by the name of Angel's Fury.
  • The Alliance are trying to recoup their forces, and come up with new strategies for their next Battle.

This roleplay is currently in a 'social phase.' There is no battle taking place.

After three weeks of vacation, and, sadly, no tan, I have returned! Wow you people move fast. :) Then again, it's been three weeks.

Welcome back Church! Good thing I got this summary up and running. XD

Yeah, I'm glad Phoenix told me it was the whole socialization mode at the moment, or I would have felt too late to jump back in. Glad to be back xD

To everyone in the RP who hasn't already, please go into the group page and check out some of the discussions, particularly the general discussion. I'm looking for some feedback.

Name: Calypso Erasus
Faction: Magi
Nation (opt): Qortic
Appearance:
591_large-2.jpg
History:
Raised a daughter of influential and affluent parents, Calypso has ever reclined in the lap of luxury. From the moment that she was born, she had a silver spoon in her mouth and her parents encouraged her budding talents with plenty of rigorous study and praise. She's been home-tutored since she can remember.

As a result, she's a bright individual with a well-rounded scope of knowledge. This has, however, left her with less street smarts and common sense than an ordinary field mouse and she's prone to bouts of temper. This has eased somewhat since her father "stepped out of line". She's not entirely sure what he was accused of doing but when she was about seventeen, the government implicated him for something and he was taken away from the family. She and her mother have not seen him since.

Personality (opt): Stubborn and willful, she's still quite childish and a little bit spoiled. She is warm towards others, but can at times have capricious affections towards them. When it comes to someone she's genuinely fond of, however, she's liable to be a bit more stable.

Weapons/Powers:
Calypso relies heavily on her fire-based magic, at which she is quite talented, to make up for her being entirely inept with any weapon of any kind. She could barely stab a man an arm's length from her with a dagger, but she has a stunning mastery of fire magics from her extensive schooling in the matter. Her father was also a talented magi, though his base was in electricity based magic and he had a greater knowledge than she of machines.

Currently, the sewers of the Magi Castle is being described by 3, if not more players all at once. To prevent things from getting out of hand with it, i will do my part as GM and explain exactly how the sewers work and what is in them. I'll try and make what has already been described by all players work together in a way that doesn't contradict eachother.

The sewers run almost like a maze. There are tunnels upon tunnels, and there are no lights anywhere inside. The only light is from a series of sewer grates that lead up to various parts of the castle. These grates are usually spaces about 20 meters from one another, so finding 2 within close proximity to eachother never happens. If you were to travel far enough through the tunnels, you would get to a point where the grates instead lead up to various parts of Nexus (the capital city of Qortic and the location of the castle) and if you traveled farther still, you would eventually reach the end of the tunnels which empties out into the ocean. Getting to the end from the castle would take a considerable amount of time on foot.

The light from the grates is enough to illuminate the slime on the walls, but only within the immediate area of the grates, and the polluted water in the sewers, which is up to 3 feet deep at some points, but never any shallower than 1 foot deep. It was mentioned that there are uneven stones which rats were seen using to travel through the tunnels. These stones are rather small, and they line the sides of the sewer tunnels. Walking along them would be possible, but you wouldn't be able to move freely on them as you would have to be very careful with your footing or you would fall into the water.

The tunnels are a great amplifier of sound, and can carry noise much farther through the tunnels than what would normally be possible. They don't make noise louder really, they only make it possible to hear the noise from a greater distance.

To sum it up, the tunnels are extremely dark except for where a sewer grate/hatch is found overhead, noise carries much farther, the water is nasty as hell and smells even worse than it looks, making it difficult, if not impossible to smell anything but that, and walking along the stones at the sides of the tunnels is possible, but not practical if you want to move quickly.

I hope this helps all of you out. Just didn't want it getting to confusing for everyone.

Please proof read your posts guys. >.>

Panda I'll post tomorrow. I'm still in the process of sorting out my things. Sorry for the delay.

TheFoxMaiden has informed me that she will be unable to post for a few days. Due to her significant involvement in the current event in the RP, the event will be put on hold until she gets back. In the meantime, i may go ahead and advance the RP for the Purger and Alliance factions, since there are several people on those sides with little or nothing to do currently. The Magi will have to wait until the current event can be concluded in order to advance.

I will make a post in the RP tomorrow for the Alliance and Purgers.

The post has been made for the Alliance. I have decided against posting for the Purgers advancement, since 2 of the faction's members are currently involved in the conflict with the Magi. I feel that advancing it would do little to give KeRahn something to do, and could potentially mess up storyline alignment for the 2 involved with the Magi event.

And just as a head's up, i will do whatever i can to avoid any more one-sided major events in the future. While fun and interesting, they leave a portion of the players out, and as can see with the current event, can last an exceptionally long time. The next time an event such as this happens for one side, i will be sure to also have something planned for the other sides as well.

I would also like to point out that we are still accepting new players to this RP. A plot summary will be provided upon request, and now is still a great time for new players to join.