The Walking Dead RP (Alternative TV Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice didn't know why, but she trusted him. He was brand new to her--a complete stranger and she trusted him. She had suspicions of his confidence about the lack of walkers, but she also wanted to find out why he was so sure there wouldn't be any.

Regardless, she hopped on his back, grateful to be off of her throbbing ankle. Almost instantly, the pressure she was forced to put on her ankle was gone, leaving nothing but relief left. Hopefully all the running and building-leaping didn't leave any permanent damage.

Alice gripped her knife just in case they'd meet an unpleasant surprise on the way to safety.

"Conner, the sun is almost gone," she said, worried they wouldn't make it before it got too dark to see. Lights would attract unwanted attention. She huddled against Conner's back, his natural warmth easing her mind.

He could feel her relax into him as he stood up, carrying her on his back. She trusted him. It's been awhile since he felt this and it was a good feeling, to be trusted. He smiled.

He jogged up the stairs, taking two at a time.

"I know, we'll make it." He reassured her.

Conner slowed his pace as he got to the roof, walking through the already opened door to reveal a zip-lining contraption that began near the edge of the roof. He made his way over to it.

"Okay, so we'll need to change our positions so that we can both ride it at once as that'll save time." He stated as he crouched once more.

c883f50cc0b619fc2f66f95c76ce8317.jpg

(I am looking for someone to play a twin brother of mine no romance. They are separated for a long while)

Becca sighed as she pulled her jacket close around her body. The winter time was getting colder and colder and she had a hard time finding proper clothes. The moans of the undead could be heard just outside of where she was. After a long time of trying to find some food and water and supplies she found a small store on her travels. The bad thing was most of it had been taken already but at least there was a few things left. Quickly she went up and down the isles finding what was left and stuffing them into her backpack she carried with her. Shaking her head she tried to get her brother out of her mind. When this whole thing happened he had been at work and she had not seen him since. No she could not think about him now that would only stop her from doing what she needed to do. It was night time and she needed to find some place to stay. Maybe this small shop would be home for tonight if she remained quiet.

Alice held on to him as he climbed the stairs.

"A zip-line, hmm?" Alice said, smirking. "When I was a kid, my dad took me to this mountain in Hawaii. We had to climb rickety stairs called 'The Stairway to Heaven.' Once we got to the top, we would zip-line down to the bottom again..."

Alice concealed a falling tear from her face.

"Sorry, I don't know why I said that," she said, forcing a small laugh.

She hopped off of Conner's back, being sure not to put pressure on her ankle in order to change positions.

"Oh? Sounds fun. I bet the view was gorgeous. Did you enjoy it?" He smiled back at her as he replied, understanding her need to share.

He shrugged at her apology, "It's okay. A previous member of my group built this as an easy way to get to the base... instead of walking the streets." He smiled sadly, his hand lightly touching the contraption.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts, took his backpack from her then put a foot in the holder. His hand gripped a handle bar and he wrapped his other around her waist.

"Ready? Don't scream. Just hold on to me." He smiled reassuringly.

"It was nice. I loved it there," she whispered.

Alice wrapped her arms around him again and gave him a warm smile.

"Don't worry," she said, bringing her fingers to her lips as if to zip them closed. "My lips are sealed."

She held onto Conner tightly as he jumped into the air with her on his back. Her stomach dropped as she thought of the time she spent with her father. Her dad was her superhero. Unfortunately when the outbreak happened, he was one of the first to go. She couldn't put him down either. She shook the thought of his current state and let her mind drift back to happy memories. She smiled into Conner's neck as they descended.

He held onto her tightly as he kicked off from the edge of the roof, gliding down to the next building. He glanced at her when she smiled against him, wondering what she was thinking about.

He let go of the line, slowing his run as his feet touched the floor of the building. The red-head shifted Alice in his arms till he was holding her bridal style, to keep her from putting pressure on her ankle. He walked down the hallway a bit, turning left then walking to the door.

He opened the door and shut behind him with his foot then proceeded to set Alice down on the couch. The room was dark as the sun set outside; electricity didn't work here.

Conner made sure to lock the door before going about, collecting items to build a fire: Wood, matches and some oil. He set up the wood, drizzeled a bit of oil over it then set it aflame, blowing on it till he had a decent fire going. He got up once more and opened the window that lead to a balcony.

The fire brightened the room and heated it up. The room they had entered had a few doors leading to other rooms. There was the couch, where Alice was sitting, on the opposite side of the window with lots of pillows on one side of it and a pile of folded blankets set neatly on the floor beside it; the top of a large circular grill set in front of the couch, a pile of wood nearby. Various piles of supplies were around the room: weapons in a corner, food stacked up, a few pots and pans and other kitchen utensils, bathroom items, clothes, and other survival things like bits of rope.

"Welcome to my humble abode." He smiled at Alice as he returned with a pile of ice in his hand, shutting the window behind him and closing the cutrians woth his free hand. He grabbed a kitchen towel as he made his way over to Alice and wrapped it around the pile of ice. He handed the makeshift ice pack to her.

Alice scanned the room, seeing everything from the weapons to the blankets as the fire heated her body back from the numbing feeling it was drifting into from the cold. She sighed, finally feeling safe--finally feeling like she didn't have to sleep with both her eyes open in order to survive.

"Wow, you've really done well for yourself since the world ended, huh?" she said, leaving a giggle at the end of her sentence.

She graciously accepted the makeshift ice pack and pressed it to her ankle, which was starting to hurt a bit more now that her body was warming up.

Conner smiled wider at the giggle.

"Well yeah. The couch, pillows, and blankets were already here. Everything else I gathered." He shrugged nonchalantly as if having this much wasn't a big deal. He grabbed one of the blankets and set it over her.

"I'm just good a hoarding things...and finding them." He stated simply as he took off his backpack, setting it on the floor. As the room grew warmer, he took off his jacket to reveal a hoodie underneath and even took that off to reveal a long-sleeved shirt. He tossed the warm clothes at the pile of other clothes, grabbed a larger pillow and sat down on it on the floor beside Alice. He emptied the contents of his backpack and began sorting them. There was a few packets of dried noodles- mmm ramen, his favorite~- and some canned goods, empty plastic bottles, more matches, arrow heads and a few arrows, fishing line, pill bottles, the pipe, and the rope from his pocket. In this day and age, his gathered items were a treasure trove.

He wasn't only good at finding things but he had an inventive mind as well. He may not have actually built the zip line contraption but he designed it. He found the grill top and thought to keep a fire in it; Used ice as water to boil dried foods, even clean. He even found a way to be able to take a warm bath.

He knew how to survive.

Alice kept her eyes on him.

"So what did you do before all this? What was your life?" she asked. "You weren't a professional hoarder, right? Or on that TV show for hoarders?"

She smirked as she propped up her ankle and rested her entire body on the couch. It was good to rest. To just lay there without constant worry she'd die that night. She couldn't believe how safe she felt. She worried if it was all a dream. if she was already dead or if this was all just too good to be true. But the fire burned those fears away.

"I didn't have much of a place in the world yet. I was in college when it happened. My mom called--frantic. I got home as soon as I could and just hours later, my dad..." she sighed heavily. "My dad was bitten. He fought off three walkers trying to defend my and my little brothers. He turned that night."

Conner snorted at her little joke, getting up to put the new things he found away, yet keeping the arrows and grabbing his crossbow and a sort of block from the kitchen pile. He sat back down, taking the arrowheads and brushing them against the stone. It was a whetstone, made for sharpening knives. He was sharpening the arrows.

"No, actually I was a college student too. Was about to graduate actually when the world went to Hell. I've lived my high school and college days by myself so I've become accustomed to surviving. It's like second nature now." He smiled a bit sadly at the thought of his past. His parents were workaholics and left him to care for himself once he entered high school. He doesn't even know where they are, of if they're even still alive.

He turned his sad smile toward her. "I'm sorry.."He replied softly. He didn't know what else to say. To have witnessed her own father turn...

"Don't apologize. I was quite cowardly back then. It wasn't seeing him turn that hurt the most though. It was being powerless to stop it when he started chewing away at my little brothers. I had three: Chris was thirteen, Lucas was ten, and Jack was just four. When my dad turned, he got to Lucas first. Chris tried to protect Jack, but failed. By the next day, my entire family was dead and most of them started walking again. My mom was the only one who didn't turn. Probably because there wasn't much left of her at that point..." she said, trying to act nonchalantly about it.

She sighed.

"It's a shame. I couldn't put them down. They're still moseying around out there looking for a meal unless someone else killed them for good," she said, shifting her body on the couch.

He was a bit relieved that she didn't start crying. And even more relieved when she continued to speak. He hated silences.

Conner frowned, trying to imagine if he were in her situation. The closest thing he had to a brother was his cousin, Blake and he was a dick. But he felt that he could understand where she was coming from, not being able to put her own family to rest. He nodded to show his understanding.

"It is a shame but understandable. To be able to shoot the walkers in the head that look like your family takes....I don't even know. I wouldn't be able to do it either, if I found my parents and they were walkers." He smiled sadly once more.

"That's all in the past, though a sad one. All we can do now is survive for the future.." His expression becoming a bit more determined.

He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck, "Are you hungry? Or if you want, I can heat up a bath for you..." He glanced away from her, feeling awkward about asking that last bit.

Alice smiled back at him, enjoying his positive mindset. She could surely use that. Having a positive person around (or just a person at all) was comforting. It reminded her that this world wasn't all bad. She giggled when he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yes, actually. I'm quite hungry. And I'm not even sure when the last time was that my skin touched hot water. I'd love a bath. The heat might even help my ankle a bit with hope," she said, giving Conner a wide smile.

She put a hand on his shoulder before he stood. "Thank you so much. For everything."

The redhead's eyes widened a bit at her smile, goosebumps rising on his skin as he felt her warm touch.

He smiled back in return. "Thank you for trusting me." He reached up, placing his hand over hers and squeezing a bit.

After they had their moment of appreciation, Conner stood and walked to the kitchen pile, grabbing a wire rack and a pot. He set the rack over the fire and onto the grill and the pot on the rack, letting it heat up.

"So what are you craving? I have ramen of various flavors, canned soup, some veggies...?" He asked her as he walked over to the food pile. He grabbed a couple of ramen packets for himself, then looked back at her curiously.

(Can anyone double as my twin please)?

Alice nodded as he got up and the moment she heard the word "ramen" she was almost giddy.

"What flavors of ramen do you have?" she asked, bouncing slightly where she sat.

A wide grin grew on his face. So she's a ramen girl.

"Well there's chicken, cream of chicken, beef, pork, and shrimp." He listed the flavors as he held them up. He personally liked beef the most but that was his inner man talking.

She gasped.

"You have shrimp?!" she squeaked. Her voice was higher-pitched than usual and she brought her tone down to normal. "I'll have the shrimp, please..."

She brought a hand to her face to conceal the embarrassment that reddened her pale face.

Status
Not open for further replies.