The Walking Dead: Paths [OOC/CS/Interest Check]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, guys, so I'm here to say that I've already initiated the so-called Outbreak, and you are free to post your actions now. BUT, you need to take into account the next things when you write your story:
-The Outbreak started in Brooklyn, possibly at the John F. Kennedy Airport, and then started to spread from there, unnoticed until somewhere around 3 pm. That means that if you are somewhere in Long Island (or even worse, you live there), you will notice the first sings of the Chaos that it is about to happen (but nothing too serious, just some general discomfort ,or if you are in the heart of Brooklyn, outright panic, but not to the point of being chaotic)
-The police has been informed about the "crazed rampage pandemic"(although they don't know that they are actually walkers yet) and took action to try to stop the "infected" from spreading through NY and at the same time to keep order in the area. But you probably know what the outcome of this will be.
-What is the military doing near the bridges leading to Long Island at 4 pm.? You supposedly don't know it yet, so don't go around like "OK CRAP THE ZOMBIES ARE IN DUH CITYYY!!" or something like that.
-This is just a reminder, but it is still important: NO ONE knows the actual reason of why the dead are still walking and trying to kill the living (except maybe the virologists or scientists), and the only thing you will hear in the news is that there's some serious problems in Brooklyn, and that people suffer from some sort of "madness" or whatever you think of (also, you will get bonus points if someone gets murdered in front of the camera).
Okay, so that's all I wanted to say. And also, ch0sen1, if you don't like something from my post here, you can PM me and we will discuss it there.
do you know what would be cool if when it spreads to NY the panic is like the panic in last of us (if you played it)

Alright, guys, so I'm here to say that I've already initiated the so-called Outbreak, and you are free to post your actions now. BUT, you need to take into account the next things when you write your story:
-The Outbreak started in Brooklyn, possibly at the John F. Kennedy Airport, and then started to spread from there, unnoticed until somewhere around 3 pm. That means that if you are somewhere in Long Island (or even worse, you live there), you will notice the first sings of the Chaos that it is about to happen (but nothing too serious, just some general discomfort ,or if you are in the heart of Brooklyn, outright panic, but not to the point of being chaotic)
-The police has been informed about the "crazed rampage pandemic"(although they don't know that they are actually walkers yet) and took action to try to stop the "infected" from spreading through NY and at the same time to keep order in the area. But you probably know what the outcome of this will be.
-What is the military doing near the bridges leading to Long Island at 4 pm.? You supposedly don't know it yet, so don't go around like "OK CRAP THE ZOMBIES ARE IN DUH CITYYY!!" or something like that.
-This is just a reminder, but it is still important: NO ONE knows the actual reason of why the dead are still walking and trying to kill the living (except maybe the virologists or scientists), and the only thing you will hear in the news is that there's some serious problems in Brooklyn, and that people suffer from some sort of "madness" or whatever you think of (also, you will get bonus points if someone gets murdered in front of the camera).
Okay, so that's all I wanted to say. And also, ch0sen1, if you don't like something from my post here, you can PM me and we will discuss it there.
also isn't this in the same universe as the walking dead, if it is then theres no such thing as a 'zombie'

also isn't this in the same universe as the walking dead, if it is then theres no such thing as a 'zombie'
Does it really matter? They look like zombies, they act like zombies, the behave like zombies. The term "walker" is just one of the ways the characters in the series call the walking dead, along with "freak", "geek" and "weirdos" (yes, all of these names are used in the series to name a walker, among maaaaaany others).

Besides, you still know what I'm talking about, do you? I mean, does it really change anything if I replace the word "zombie" with "walker"?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you are talking about. But that was an example that serves to illustrate my point, so don't worry about it too much.

Does it really matter? They look like zombies, they act like zombies, the behave like zombies. The term "walker" is just one of the ways the characters in the series call the walking dead, along with "freak", "geek" and "weirdos" (yes, all of these names are used in the series to name a walker, among maaaaaany others).
Besides, you still know what I'm talking about, do you? I mean, does it really change anything if I replace the word "zombie" with "walker"?
EDIT: Oh, I see what you are talking about. But that was an example that serves to illustrate my point, so don't worry about it too much.
yeah okay got it

Okay, I'm quoting everyone that has ever posted in here to ask if you are still interested in this RP. If so, please leave a post on this thread telling that, and if you still didn't create a character yet, you can create it (I hope ch0sen1 wouldn't mind o_o. I mean, this thread is obviously dying, and some newcomers might help to "resurrect" it).
okay i'll post can I there be something on the news?

Well, you can find the answer in my previous post (hint: the answer is yes, but under some conditions stated in the other post)
okay thanks

okay thanks
Uhh, Justice, I would rather prefer you to refer to the virus as "infection", because for some reason, the word "virus" sounds odd to me. But anyways, that's just a suggestion.

Oh, and also, the military only shows up at 4 pm (also mentioned in my previous post :P), so fix your post a bit. And they will always try to be reasonable with the civilians when possible at first, and they will only shoot if someone of them tries to do something funny, so modify that bit too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, Justice, I would rather prefer you to refer to the virus as "infection", because for some reason, the word "virus" sounds odd to me. But anyways, that's just a suggestion.
Oh, and also, the military only shows up at 4 pm, so fix your post a bit. And they will always try to be reasonable with the civilians when possible at first, and they will only shoot if someone of them tries to do something funny, so modify that bit too.
I was just thinking that the army would be scared because he knew about the infection like the last of us, And were scared, all they knew was if they bite someone, they become infected and didn't know who had the infection

I was just thinking that the army would be scared because he knew about the infection like the last of us, And were scared, all they knew was if they bite someone, they become infected and didn't know who had the infection
I see your point, but you should note that this is not The Last of Us, but rather Walking Dead; ANYWAYS, what I was thinking about is that the military is aware of the "infection" and knows how the "infected" look like. But, if you really want to stick to your original idea, I can make it so the military doesn't know much about the "disease" other than it exists, and advices the civilians to stay behind the blockades if they don't want to get shot (in other words, as long as you keep your distance of around 5 meters, you might be fine).
Your pick.

I see your point, but you should note that this is not The Last of Us, but rather Walking Dead; ANYWAYS, what I was thinking about is that the military is aware of the "infection" and knows how the "infected" look like. But, if you really want to stick to your original idea, I can make it so the military doesn't know much about the "disease" other than it exists, and advices the civilians to stay behind the blockades if they don't want to get shot (in other words, as long as you keep your distance of around 5 meters, you might be fine).
Your pick.
I thought it was more realistic, I doubt that the scientists would tell the whole army that people get infected by a bite then they turn to a flesh eating monster

Alright, I'll have my character up soon. Sorry for the delay. But this is the same zombies as in TWD yes? And its all about survival horror and the likes?

Plus it it possible if my character can be an FBI agent? Or has someone already taken that spot or something?

One more thing, has infection started yet? I mean are people aware now or just getting teh gist of it before we go all survival horror on this universe?

Alright, I'll have my character up soon. Sorry for the delay. But this is the same zombies as in TWD yes? And its all about survival horror and the likes?
Plus it it possible if my character can be an FBI agent? Or has someone already taken that spot or something?
One more thing, has infection started yet? I mean are people aware now or just getting teh gist of it before we go all survival horror on this universe?
Yes, you can be a FBI agent, and also, yes, the walkers are from TWD series.

As for the current situation in the city, right now it's around 3 pm, and there are some "disturbances" in the Brooklyn district that the police tries to contain and stop immediately, although they think they are dealing with mad people, not zombies. All bridges leading to Long Island will be blockaded by the military at around 4 pm, so no one can get in, no one can get out. But before that hour, no one was aware about the walkers yet.

The rest of the Long island and NY is struck by general discomfort in the population, and there is a very slim chance of getting attacked by a walker (yet again, no one is aware that they are walkers, and everyone thinks that they are only present in Brooklyn).

You can also post a small pre-Outbreak prologue for your character so we can know a bit more about him and his life before the Apocalypse.

Well, the apocalypse hasn't actually started yet.. So I was thinking of starting my character on a case that would lead to some weird stuff related to them zombies. You'll see.

Well, the apocalypse hasn't actually started yet.. So I was thinking of starting my character on a case that would lead to some weird stuff related to them zombies. You'll see.
Well, as long as you make a character sheet and stay mostly to the original material, I`m fine with it. Hmmm, I wonder how your plot will look like...

anyone there?

Thanks for the tags. But, I, unfortunately, won't be joining this. Kinda noticed from the IC thread a few days ago that this RP is dying, so decided to make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.