The Walking Dead: Paths [OOC/CS/Interest Check]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ch0sen1

Original poster
This RP is a survival/libertine type role play based off of and set in the SAME universe as Kirkman's The Walking Dead series. However, I want to explore a twist with the world of walkers. Everything's all about the POST apocalypse....I want to make a rich, expansive story following the time of the world where the outbreaks first occur, transitioning into the world of chaos that is the Walking Dead. PATHS will explore the initial outbreak from New York City (think about how crazy that'll be), where all will start out, and then as the story progresses begins to spread out and become more global in scope and location.

- SEX/SMUT is allowed (duh) so long as you stay true to the gritty, surreal story that is the Walking Dead. Any and Everything goes in this rp. Anything.

- Be ready for sacrifice. Surely you can't think there will be a happy go lucky story 24/7 and no bad endings will occur? You must be willing to accept death, loss, abandonment, etc. That goes for all participants (yupp, me too)

- No god-modding (carrying 102 guns in inventory, can't die, killing 298 walkers alone, etc)

- Bring something ORIGINAL AND FUN to the table with characters and stories! That same reaction you get when watching/playing TWD you should get while rp'ing this! ^_^

- Who knows? Maybe we'll run into certain characters from the universe....heheheheh.

THAT BEING SAID, ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE RESPOND :D

Roads.jpg

((can i join?))

Sure! just follow the CS below:

-----------CHARACTER SHEET----------
Name: Faith Olivia Rucker
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 131 lbs
Blood Type: O+
Occupation/job: Visual & Performing Arts Student at NYU;
NYU Track & Field (100m, 200m, 4x100 relay, long jump)

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hobbies/Interests: Sports, exercise, comic books, acting, modeling, video games, fashion, LOVES to eat/cook, stunts, combat/martial training, nightlife, horror movies.

Traits(5): Loyal/Honest/Intelligent/Strong-Willed/Adaptable
Flaws(5): Stubborn/Melodramatic/Sensitive/Domineering/Aloof

Appearance:
Des4.jpg Des3.jpg

Bio: Faith was originally born in Kansas City, Missouri. After her father, Micheal Rucker retired from the U.S. Special Forces, he was offered a prime job at the United Stated Military Academy at West Point. He moved there with Faith and her mother (his wife), Cassandra Rucker. Her mother Cassandra works at NY Presbyterian as a virologist and biochemical field manager. Faith moved when she was 16 and graduated from West Nyack High School in the top 20% of her class of 800+ students. She ran track all four years of high school and went on to win a state title her junior and senior year, granting her a scholarship to NYU. She ran her freshman year and went to the NCAA nationals in the 100, 200, and long jump events. She has an older brother Mike Rucker (21) that joined the Air Force out of high school, working in Colorado as an aviation resource manager. She's enjoying her summer in NYC taking classes and aspiring to become a model/actress.

...but of course none of this will matter for what she's about to face...

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 39810
Name:Sargent,Daniel Teller
Height:6'1
weight:140 Pounds
Blood types: i don't know
Traits:Great with guns,a leader,hes strong,he can be ruthless when needed,and is smart
Flaws:he gets emotional if any of his over his loved ones,he can get enraged if he falls off the deep end

Bio:He was recruited to the military and left his wife and son,right now he has a call that a virus is starting in china and i have to check it out
The rp is in New York City. Please read the post.
View attachment 39810
Name:Sargent,Daniel Teller
Height:6'1
weight:140 Pounds
Blood types: i don't know
Traits:Great with guns,a leader,hes strong,he can be ruthless when needed,and is smart
Flaws:he gets emotional if any of his over his loved ones,he can get enraged if he falls off the deep end

Bio:He was recruited to the military and left his wife and son,right now he has a call that a virus is starting in china and i have to check it out

Only question I have is if I am allowed to have more then one character. (Really, all I want is two if that's okay. My second Character is pretty much being imported from RPNation)

Name: Careena Fazzari
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Blood Type: O+
Occupation/Job: Ex-Marine Sergeant First Class, Gun Instructor
Sexuality: Straight
Hobbies: Sport Shooting, Watching Action Movies, Street Fighting

Traits: Determined, Concentrated, Independent, Natural Leader, Disciplined
Flaws: Cold, Standoffish, Scathing, Self-Blame, Temperamental

Appearance:
lightning_cosplay_test_2___ffxiii_by_yukilefay-d4sor2x.jpg

Bio: Careena grew up in a Military Family as the eldest child and had one younger sister named Sarah. Although it didn't seem likely, she was actually tomboyish and grew up as her Father's Daughter as did Sarah. While Careena herself was into the Military, Sarah enjoyed Skateboarding. Around the time she was seventeen, Sarah got killed in a Hit-and-Run Accident while Skateboarding. She enlisted into the Marines later that year with parental consent. Following High School, Careena had to deal with a lot of sexism during her early days in the military, but often left her drill instructors and commanding officers impressed and in awe. She graduated from Basic top of her class. Over the course of her Military Career, she served three combat tours. Over time, she went from a gentle town girl to a battle-hardened soldier. On her third combat tour in Afghanistan, in a mission gone horribly wrong, half of her squad would be killed in a Taliban Ambush and at least three more would be killed in a suicide bombing, leaving only her and three others. After her third tour, Fazzari discharged honorably as a Sergeant First Class. After leaving the Military, she joined the Wounded Warriors Project in hopes of spending time with veterans, as many of them would be able to sympathize with her post-duty. To support her Family financially, she became a Gun Instructor and opened up a Firearms Safety Class.

Last edited:
Can I make a character that has a family that he has to take care of ? Something like Rick Grimes, maybe, but without the sheriff part?

Name: Wilson Scott
Height: 1,87 m
Weight: 89 kg
Blood Type: A-
Occupation/Job: Broker

Sexuality: Straight
Hobbies: Travelling/Learning Something New/Skiing/Carpentry/Literature/Programming

Traits(5):
[Good at human psychology(which means he can easily encourage people and be a good leader, among other things)]
[Has a keen eye for the small details]
[can solve any sort of problem easily, be it social-related or not]
[practices baseball from time to time]
[used to practice parkour when he was younger].

Flaws(5):
[Very attached to his family (who knows what would happen if he loses them...)]
[has trouble to trust strangers at first (refer to "human psychology" trait)]
[only has used a gun a few times at the shooting range]
[if struck by a great emotion(betrayal, loss of a loved one, etc) he might become a very cold and lone individual(again, refer to the "family attachment" flaw)]
[can get aggressive with people when in a dangerous situation].

Appearance:
male-portrait-photography-boise-05.jpg

Bio: Wilson was born in Washington DC, son to a middle-class family. During his childhood, he used to get into fights really easily, both with his older brother, Cedric (who is now living in Florida, working as a firefighter), and other classmates, yet at the same time he was a splendid student, liked by the teachers in general. At the age of 18, he used to study economics and stock trading at the local university, and at the age of 24, he finished both of them successfully. During that period of time, he has met Jane Oswald, which later would be her future wife and the mother to a girl named Lisa (who is currently 7 years old). When Wilson was 27, he has moved to New York with his wife, and has been living there ever since.

During his free time, Wilson dedicated himself to the study of a wide range of topics related to human psychology, making him skilled at understanding other people's emotions and recognize any sort of body language, as subtle as they might be.

EDIT: Please don't tell me I will be the only one whose character hasn't got a military training in any sort of way ;_;
EDIT2: Welp, apparently being a leader is the new trend these days :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ch0sen1
ch0sen1, so that means that I can't have some NPC-ish family members? I didn't quite understand that part, sorry :/

ch0sen1, so that means that I can't have some NPC-ish family members? I didn't quite understand that part, sorry :/
((Hey))

Of course you can!!! Just not like two MAIN charcaters. NPC's are welcomed :)

Name: Ayla Meloan
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 115 lbs
Blood Type: B-
Occupation/Job: Virologist

Traits(5):
Analytical and logical
Highly intelligent
Socially introverted
Loyal and trustworthy
Huge sense of responsibility for others

Flaws(5):
Because she is introverted, she is often a loner
Has only fired a gun three times
Has trouble identifying reading between the lines or banter, often taking things too seriously or misunderstanding the fun of something
Wears glasses (not so much a flaw…but in this coming situation, I think it fits)
Can seem to be void of emotions and cold

Appearance:
blog.jpg

Bio: Dr. Ayla Meloan started off in organic chemistry and began working in virology the past two years. She is originally from Virginia and working for a company researching organic virus mutations that is run by government grants. Recently, her lab was moved to New York to a larger facility. She has no family in NY and few friends in the area. Being introverted, she often works long hours, opting to stay in her lab rather than attempt to meet new people or go to bars, parties, etc. Her mother passed away from viral meningitis when she was twelve, which has been a huge factor in her career choice and her drive to work as hard as she does.

She also has medical skills and the ability to detach from situations when dealing with gore or death. While she has trouble reading people and their emotions, she has no problem diagnosing signs of physical ailments and distress. She's not a leader, by any means, but will jump to action and lead in situations where her skills are necessary.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, I guess I'll just have to wait till later to do some Character importing :blah:

Name: Ayla Meloan
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 115 lbs
Blood Type: B-
Occupation/Job: Virologist

Traits(5):
Analytical and logical
Highly intelligent
Socially introverted
Loyal and trustworthy
Huge sense of responsibility for others

Flaws(5):
Because she is introverted, she is often a loner
Has only fired a gun three times
Has trouble identifying reading between the lines or banter, often taking things too seriously or misunderstanding the fun of something
Wears glasses (not so much a flaw…but in this coming situation, I think it fits)
Can seem to be void of emotions and cold

Appearance:
blog.jpg

Bio: Dr. Ayla Meloan started off in organic chemistry and began working in virology the past two years. She is originally from Virginia and working for a company researching organic virus mutations that is run by government grants. Recently, her lab was moved to New York to a larger facility. She has no family in NY and few friends in the area. Being introverted, she often works long hours, opting to stay in her lab rather than attempt to meet new people or go to bars, parties, etc. Her mother passed away from viral meningitis when she was twelve, which has been a huge factor in her career choice and her drive to work as hard as she does.

She also has medical skills and the ability to detach from situations when dealing with gore or death. While she has trouble reading people and their emotions, she has no problem diagnosing signs of physical ailments and distress. She's not a leader, by any means, but will jump to action and lead in situations where her skills are necessary.
My character's mother is a virologist!! :D maybe they can work together at NY Presbyterian??

My character's mother is a virologist!! :D maybe they can work together at NY Presbyterian??
Awesome! I didn't see that post at all, so destiny kind of dictates they work together! Perhaps her mother is her boss/mentor?

That's a brilliant rule in my book, since I'm tired that every good RP dies because someone leaves without a trace and halts the progress of the story for everyone.

So when will it be okay for me to do my character importing?

Status
Not open for further replies.