"Like some zombie scarecrow, eh? It's better than nothing, but if I get torn apart because they become cannibalistic, I'll haunt you as a ghost for the rest of your life. I bet I'll have a ton of unfinished business if I die, so moving on won't really be an option," he began to babble, mostly doing so to keep his friend stood with him. Being left alone, even if it was just outside the bedroom, wasn't something he wanted. Even though he knew the risk involved for Zack letting him stay near him, what with his earlier threats of ripping him apart and the constant desire to do so, he still wanted to be around the man. Being left alone just made him feel like the genuine monster he was... and he would still claim that he was different to everyone else. It made him feel more human to disconnect himself from other zombies.​

"Do zombies not need to sleep?" He grumbled, while his red eyes shot a glare towards the other in anger. "Hey, I have an idea. What if I just pull all of your teeth out, eh? You wouldn't be able to bite me, and you'd be quiet while I'm trying to sleep. Just deal with the fact that I'm going to have to do this. I have to lock you in here, so you don't double cross me."

"...Go get some sleep, you're real nasty when you're tired. I don't know why. It's not like someone you love tried to murder you," he, again, joked... and, again, in the wrong time and wrong place to try and accomplish what he wanted. He wanted to ease the tension between them, and doing that was going to take a lot more than a few untimely jokes. He was constantly craving human flesh, and that was probably the reason why nothing could go back to how it had been before, as much as he tried to reassure himself it could.

"I'll just be sat out here then, in the fucking cold. Cheers for that, mate-- safety first, though, I guess, now I'm a dangerous zombie and all."​

Rolling his eyes, he carefully urged Mars into his arms to bring her alongside. If it weren't for the threat on the elderly cat's life, he would have at least let Logan have her to give him company for the rest of the night. Once he heard that threat, though, he was hardly going to let the man near her unsupervised. With a final, curt goodbye, he closed the door and proceeded to board it up, before attempting to try and sleep for a few more hours.

By morning, even if that was only three hours or so ahead, Logan had already learnt a lot about himself. He learnt that zombies really didn't need to sleep, however much he tried to force himself into a slumber. He also learnt that his senses were greatly enhanced, having spent the majority of the night hearing things from a distance away and using that aid to entertain himself to pass the time. Mostly, he learnt that he really couldn't pretend to be human when every second that passed made him hungrier than before. He spent the night trying to get out his ropes, imagining himself heading out to find some unsuspecting human, just to get himself something to quell the pain just for a few precious seconds.

However, considering he was still sat on the couch in the ropes, he had failed to escape, only proceeding to give himself some nasty rope burns from his escapee attempts. "...Oi, Zack?! C-Come on, buddy, I'm starving, a-and you smell real good right now, so let's... cover that up with a round of bacon or something. No need to cook it up, hand it to me nice and raw, really..."​

When morning came, Zack took his time and tried to avoid having to deal with the situation. Eventually, though, he had to at least feed the quietly meowing Mars. With a heavy sigh, he tugged out the appropriate nails and boards before peering out of the bedroom, and smiled at just how well the knots held up. Setting Mars down carefully, he wandered to the kitchen to make a proper cup of tea.

"I don't have any meat, meat goes bad. I've been vegetarian for, like, two years anyway. Are you opposed to fruit and bread? Has becoming a monster made you that picky of an eater?" He tried to tease, now that he had gotten some sleep.

"I... I want some damn meat, it's not that hard. Chop a finger off or... or just get me some blood or something, would you? I-I'll get out of these ropes eventually, and I really don't wanna hurt you, so maybe if I'm full I won't feel an urge to? I-I want to make sure you're safe, but you really ain't keeping me calm. You're pissing me off, and I... can't get angry. Being angry makes me feel hungrier and it... makes my head go all fuzzy," he admitted as he took a deep breath in and, after exhaling, nervously smiled at his friend again through the genuine agony of ignoring his hunger. "...Some fruit sounds f-fine... I'll try to eat something, but, not gonna lie, I've never seen a zombie tuck into anything other than f-fucking human flesh, love..."​

"Where the hell am I suppose to get meat, Logan? I can't just c-cut off my finger, you realize that, right? I mean, I could get some blood, I guess? Just- I dunno.... I've got a needle somewhere, I can get some in a cup." He admitted, before taking a sip of his tea. With a sigh, he set the tea down in search of a proper needle.

"You owe me, you know. I'm giving you my blood for fucks sake. I don't know what you could do- not kill me?" He muttered softly.

"I don't want to kill you. You're just... you've never smelled this good to me before, even when you went through that phase of wearing your dad's expensive-as-fuck aftershave. I'll try to keep my mouth to myself, alright? It's like... you being starving and having someone shove cakes in front of your face, real close, but always pulling 'em away the last second. It's really cruel-- b-but I don't want to hurt you and I won't. I'm not like the others. I have self-control and I have my memories still intact, so... so I won't hurt anyone. Just gimme some blood to keep me going," he smiled, deciding that he could be absolutely fine with a few drops of blood. Of course, he was naive in believing that he would cope with that alone, but he didn't want to feel like a monster, and would do anything to detach himself from that label if he could.​

Wincing from the sight of blood, he offered a smile nonetheless before warily eyeing his mouth. He then moved closer, albeit cautiously.

"It's like feeding a fucking kitten. Just- open your mouth and I'll feed you that way. I'm not untying you, hm? So, I'll just squirt it in and hope for the best." He murmured.

"This reminds me of the time you forced water down my throat when I drank a whole bottle of whisky to myself when we were fourteen. In my defence, I only did it 'cause I thought it was cool. Didn't drink underage again. Besides, my parents had divorced, I was fucking mad," babbled the zombie to himself, trying to continue to act cool and calm-- though had physically begun to try and press himself forward to get to the blood hungrily. It was an involuntary, completely instinct-driven action, and all thought had left him as he was motivated by nothing more than hunger in that moment. It was easy to see, by observing this, just how many people were killed by those closest to them. In the moment of hunger, nothing else really mattered, and it was afterwards when mourning and horror kicked in. If he wasn't tied up, Logan would have already killed Zack, and would probably have tried to kill himself in horror once realisation settled in.

"C'mon, feed me a-already, quit teasing me," he snapped, far more vitriolically than he anticipated, though he also didn't care about it either. He was hungry, and the longer the seconds ticked by without a taste of blood, the more furious he would become. "F-Fucking give it, Zack, o-or I swear to good-- you smell damn tasty right about now, and I'll find a way out of these ropes if you don't give me the fucking blood, yeah?"​

The sudden snapping caused Zack to physically jump and, while he was callous and mean hours prior, he was far more well rested... which resulted in his eyes welling up. Nonetheless, he warily fed the other the blood, while keeping as much as possible away from him.

"F-Fine, happy? Fuck, Logan... I know you're hungry and all, but you don't need to yell," he whispered softly.

"...I don't mean to yell, b-but fuck, don't do that again. Just give it to me and leave it at that. It's like me waving a cupcake in front of your face, Zack. It ain't fair. I-I... I don't want to be like this, so just... let's get it out the way and forget what just happened. It's definitely helped, anyway," he admitted with a faint smile, licking the corners of his lips to take in any drop of blood he had missed, not caring or simply not noticing just how desperate he had become for blood. When realising there was none left, he sat back and forced a grin-- while also ignoring just how more appealing Zack looked at the moment. "...I can come to the lab, can't I? I'll... make sure no zombies hurt 'ya? I can do that whilst tied up, probably. I'm still damn strong tied up, Zackarie-- h-hey, you still like me, right? Not that I'll be getting kisses from 'ya anytime soon, but we're still friends, aren't we?"​

"I don't know." He replied flatly, while grabbing his tea once again to hold. He wandered to the adjacent armchair, while eyeing the other. Now that it was lighter, he could really observe the full, physical effects of the transformation.

"What's the point in finding a cure now? I mean, it felt actually important when there was someone else who could use it. Now that, that doesn't matter, why care?" He admitted.

"Because it might reverse all of this shit. Even if it's just for me, I'd kinda like to be able to be around you without the urge to, you know, tear out your guts. Just try, for me? I mean, for human me. You hate monster me, apparently. I'm still me, Zack. Just... me with super cool sharp teeth and more unique tastes," grinned Logan, at least proving, again, that he still had his warped sense of humour, using it to deflect away from the more serious matters at hand.

"Ugh, you sure there's no bacon? I guess meat's hard to come by nowadays, I ain't had proper meat for months. Not going to eat a human, either. That shit's macabre and... I'm not into that. Blood, I'll cope with. I told 'ya, I'm... not like the others. At least, I ain't going to be like them. I'll be the first non-conformist zombie~"​

"A non-conformist zombie, that's a new one." He admitted, while nervously running his fingers through his hair. "How do I know that, if I bring you along, you won't bite me somehow? I can't help cure you if you kill me before then, can I? Is... Is there literally any way for you to not want to kill me? Because I'd really appreciate it if you could actually help me out while I work. I don't want to give you a weapon just for you to use it and shoot me in the head. Like... I want to be able to be affectionate with you again, but can't really be anywhere near you, to begin with."

"You can't give me a weapon. Honestly, I can defend you while tied up, don't you trust me? Probably not, but you should, at least when it comes to protective 'ya. I can, alright? Just... I need that cure, however long it takes. Even if I have to stayed tied up all that time, it's pretty important that we get something that can reverse the effects o-or whatever," he shrugged, trying to smile through his comments, though nothing hid the nervous desperation in his voice. He didn't want to stay like this - who did? He didn't have any chance of being normal and having a relationship with Zack if he remained like this. He could converse with him, be jovial and jokey, but at the end of the day, he would attack his friend the moment he paid his hunger any attention.

"A-Anyway! Let's forget I'm a zombie, for a minute or two. You should eat, go have some fruit or something," he hurriedly said with a nod to the kitchen. "I'm tightly tied up, I ain't going to break out and murder you, a-aha, so you're really safe. Go eat and relax, alright?"​

"I'm not really hungry," he admitted softlysoftly, one of his normal tell-tale signs of stress. One time, in their childhood, Zack didn't eat for days after he and Logan broke his mom's vase. He got sick, as he often did anyway, and only admitted to it when his parents threatened to bring him to the hospital. There had never been an incident that bad since, though he still would go a few days without anything during, say, midterms and finals.

He knew that Logan already saw how frail he was, to begin with, and relied heavily on his oversized hoodie shyly, hiding his insecurities as best as he could.

"Look, I'm fine. I'm more worried about you eating, hm? I don't want you coming after me, so I need to figure out a way to make sure you don't chomp on my brains. Obviously, some of my blood every now and then won't help much..."

"It's not like I'm one of those brainless, gormless oafs from movies and games. I'm talking, aren't I? Coherently and I have my personality still-- I'm pretty sure that if I get a consistent amount of meat in me, I'll be less likely to, y'know, grab you and bite into your neck. You'll have to either trust me and untie me so I can head out and... I-I don't know, find a way to feed-- or get me meat yourself, up to you. Frankly, I prefer the former. That way, I'm not reliant on you a-and I... don't want to make you do anything you're uncomfortable with. Let's face it, I'm gonna have to kill someone, aren't I? If I don't do that, then I'll be more depraved a-and angry, and I'll definitely hurt you then," he began to babble, his apparent coherence beginning to make way for an incoherent babble. If Zack coped by withdrawing into himself and growing quieter, then Logan coped with his difficulties in the opposite way. He became louder and more extroverted, covering up his insecurities by being lively and vibrant... as well as babbling until his words became hard to properly understand, mostly because of his heavy Polish accent.

"...I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm... not like that. I don't want to be like that," he corrected, almost realising that it was inevitable. He either killed people to be able to be around Zack without the threat of hurting him, or he resisted the temptations and became more of a monster than before. Neither choice was particularly ideal, though the former seemed best. At least then he could potentially have a friendship with Zack without wanting to tear him into pieces.​

The human silently watched the other, his brows knit together warily, though eventually sighed and climbed off the chair. He then proceeded to the door, and pulled out the proper nails and wood to let the other leave, wanting no time for Logan to stand around and wait, untied. Once that was the case, he wandered to the back of Logan to properly untie the rope, a frown fixated on his lips.

"I hope I don't end up regretting this, Logan." He murmured firmly, while using the knife he had slid in his pocket in his free hand, for extra insurance. It might not help much, but it was worth it to simply cease some of his anxiety, which could be seen in his shaky hands. Once undoing the knot, he immediately stepped back with the knife in hand, his eyes darting from his former lover to the door. "Hurry up and get food, will you? I don't want the door open, a-and... yeah..."