"And like I told you, the more you threaten to kill yourself, the more likely I am to bite you in the neck and have you join the zombie club, so hey, less talk of suicide please, babe," the Polish man grumbled, rolling his eyes to himself and offering the guests what he hoped was a relaxed, casual smile. He loved Zackarie, dearly, but the man had made his life difficult since he stepped through the door a week ago. Granted, he had every reason to, but the constant insults were grating... and it wasn't exactly wise to do so when Logan now had a pretty short tolerance level and could snap at any second.

"So... you close to getting this cure then?" Frankie offered up as a change in conversation, smiling hopefully. "'Cause that'd be ace, seriously. You could probably make billions from it, 'cause governments across the world are gonna want it, and... and it'd be no less than you deserve, I s'pose."

"I've only been working on it for a week, I'm not going to suddenly fix a phenomenon within a day, you do realize that, right?" Zackarie replied, his voice the opposite of his naturally louder snort as he poked at the chunks of fruit quietly. "I'm working as fast as I can, with the supplies I have. You two are still kids, so I don't imagine you understand biology on such a cellular level. I mean, Logan is an adult and he doesn't know, either."

"Well, can't we go to the place now? I just... I want to be able to be normal again. I don't want to eat people." Elijah spoke up, while shooting nervous glances between the three men. "I don't want to have the urge to tear off your leg, you know? I just want to be able to stroll down the street."

"Hey, it takes time, he can't create one in seconds. Sure, I suck at biology and I wasn't in school, but I don't expect you to create a cure in a day, Zack," laughed Frankie, comfortable enough to sound conversational and matey with the human. Zackarie was, essentially, food to Frankie, but he'd made the promise not to hurt him, and treating him like a friend was the best way he could reiterate to himself that Zack wasn't to be harmed.

"But you can test on me all you want. I don't want Eli hurt, 'cause he's way too cute to have, like, needle scars and bits of skin cut off. Logan has too many awesome tattoos that can't afford to be ruined, so testing on me is really the only option-- but I have three brothers who I can get you to test instead. They're just as eager for a cure."

• Thank You
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I'm not going to test on you. I just met you, and you're clearly too young to have pressure like put on you." Zackarie declared, while glancing over at Mars cautiously. "Logan can handle it, he's been through a lot stupider shit."

Meanwhile, Elijah leaned in a tad, shyly glancing to Frankie. "I... I'm not too cute, you didn't need to say that. I'm tough, and I don't mind having some chunks cut out."

"The whole reason I came to visit was to be tested on, though. Hell, this ain't a social visit, I'm not sure that'd help anyone. As cool as you are, Zack, I ain't really here to watch some TV and hang out," admitted Frankie, slightly disgruntled from the refusal, given he'd set his mind on being tested and fully expected that to be carried out, because who else was going to get tested? "Logan's got all those wicked tattoos, it'd be a real shame if they got fucked up, y'know?"

• Love
"I don't think it's a big deal if some shitty, half-assed tattoo gets a bit cut up, if it means getting you three better, hm?" Zackarie replied in a whisper, before glancing at the time. With a heavy sigh, he pushed from the table before rummaging through the nearby closet. "Fine, let's go. I don't want two strangers in my house, I'm sorry."

"That's fine, aha! Getting air would be nice." Elijah stammered, getting to his feet stiffly as he bit hard on his lip, nearly to the point of leaving a large cut.

"If it's any consolation, he doesn't even like me in the apartment, so it's really nothing personal. He's always been really moody-- just because you're pissed off at me, Zack, really doesn't mean you get to, you know, insult me. My tattoos are pretty decent, I think, and you said yourself they were cool, like, five days ago. So you're a hypocrite now as well. Can't say I'm surprised," the largest man in the room shrugged, scooping Mars up close before Zack had a chance to stop him and, after calming her down with a few coos, gently set her down on her favourite pillow with a few blankets surrounding her. It wasn't just for warmth, but also for some cover - if some zombies did break in, he wanted Mars to appear hidden so she didn't become a meal for them.

"It isn't too far, the lab. And... there were some zombies there before, but it'll be alright. Zack got out safe, and that's pretty much the only thing that counts. We can fight and protect ourselves, but Zack can't get hurt, alright? I mean that. If he gets so much as a scratch, I'm gonna be pissed-- but hey, you two are pretty tough cookies, so I'm sure you'll be fine~!"

• Love
"... tough cookies?" Elijah whispered to Frankie, only to offer a meek smile. It was an obvious lie, in his case, on account for his nearly pristine clothing and his general appearance. Zackarie didn't believe him either, given his raised brow, but said nothing as he began to pile on layers.

"This whole zombie thing seems to have messed with the weather. I don't think I could have managed if it was any hotter," Zackarie began, pulling on two thick, wool sweaters and proper pants. It was a good way to avoid any bites, at least. "We have to go quickly, okay? I really don't want to be bitten by a zombie while helping them."