• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
While the other was relatively subtle in his glances, Logan wasn't. He didn't really have the ability to be subtle, both in movement and in observation, and as he loudly yawned and outstretched his arms as far as he could, he made blatantly obvious peeks across at his ex-boyfriend. In some ways, he was beyond delighted that Zack hadn't hanged much. While Logan's body was covered with tattoos now, and the odd scar from his adventures over the last few months, Zack remained mostly the same, excusing his own vibrant collection of bruises and cuts.

Though, apparently Zack wasn't all that subtle, given Logan immediately offered a wide grin at catching sight of the wandering eyes, smirking to himself rather proudly. "Oi, eyes up here, doofus. Besides, you've seen it all before, right? It's not like you're seeing me naked the first time. I pretty much look the same, excluding the obvious tattoos and whatnot."​

"I... I mean, I saw the ones on your neck and arms, but I didn't think you were so covered. It's nothing else, hm?" He grumbled, while sinking until his nose was covered. "... you know I find you attractive, Logan, that's p-pretty obvious. I always thought about getting tattoos, but my mother never wanted me to, and I just... obliged. I dunno- I'll stop looking, if you stop."

"Why would you stop looking? I'm totally fine with you eyeing me up, it ain't an issue. I'm comfortable with it. Like I said, you've seen me naked before, why would I start caring now?" Countered Logan with a flashed smile over his shoulder, having turned a little to be able to properly wash out the blood and gunk from his hair. Briefly examining the tattoos on his chest once the conversation turned to them, he offered a simple shrug in return.

"I got carried away getting 'em, I know that. I just got hooked on some ideas, and the friends I made worked at this parlour, so I had them done cheap-- you should totally get one when this whole thing dies down. You'd look cute with a nice little tattoo," he admitted, turning back around to face him again. "But hey, I ain't an idiot. This whole situation won't die down soon, not in my lifetime, I don't think. Sucks, to be honest. I'd love to just sit back with a cold beer on the lawn in the summer, topping up my tan. No chance of that now, huh?"​

"The only time I saw you naked was when we were having sex..." he reminded softly, his face flushed under the bubbles. "... I'm sort of selfish, aren't I ? I mean, I'm genuinely offended that you had sex with other guys. Were... Were they better than I was? Like... I, uh... I was going to have sex with other people out of smite, but the thought disgusted me."

After his awkward babbles, he eventually grew quiet and locked his eyes on the clean mirror besides them.

"Would you want to take a bath?"

"You're genuinely offended? Look, I don't want to say anything that jeopardises what... we might have, but you are out of order, dummy. We weren't dating, it wasn't like I cheated on you. I dated a few guys, had casual sex with a few-- I didn't do it to personally hurt you. But hey, you want an apology? I'm sorry I had sex with other guys even though we weren't in contact and I have no reason to apologise~" Sarcastically remarked Logan in his usual way, his smirk arriving soon after as he peered back around at his ex-boyfriend. Admittedly, it was incredulous that he was expected to have remained chaste during that period on the off-chance he met his ex again, but he wasn't going to show how pissed off it made him. He would simply joke about it, laugh like he wasn't offended, when in reality, it did get under his skin-- and that was difficult to do for someone who was usually so upbeat and optimistic.

"I'm happy with my shower," continued the Pole as he washed the shampoo from his hair. "Unless you want me to come join you-- or you could head on in here with me~?"​

"... it would save water, for now on. I mean, today can be a treat, but we can't have a bath every day. I'm not leaving the tub, but... it's mighty big, and it's a waste for me to sit in it alone..." he murmured quietly, his eyes still locked on the mirror to avoid contact.

"Mmm... I think I'll go to sleep after this. We can take shifts, right? So I'll go to sleep, then wake me up at four or so. I want you to be healthy, too..."

"Like I said, I don't need to sleep. I survive on an hour a night, really. Mars needs me awake to look after her, so I'll totally do the same for you. I get that you'd sleep safer while having a dashing, super strong guy watching over you," he grinned, wasting no time in switching the shower off and joining his ex in the bath, scooping his knees up a little to make sure there was enough room. The other could use the excuse that he wanted to save and conserve the water, but even if there was some truth in that, the main reason was pretty much obvious without it needing to be vocalised-- and Logan's smirk pretty much said it all anyway.

"...Hey, you know this will all be over soon, don't you? I'm sure that there's guys working on cures and ways of eradicating the virus. Hey, if they won't, you will, right? You're smart. We'll get a cure real soon, which will be helpful if I did get turned. Let's face it, you're too smart not to. I'll... get turned at some point, I'm an idiot."​

"You're not an idiot, obviously. If you were, you would have gotten bitten yet and be scratching at my head for my brains or something," he replied with a soft huff, before moving to tug his legs up himself, knowing all too well how awkward it would be if their legs brushed. So, instead, he chose to rest his face on his knees and close his eyes.

"I'm the idiot, Logan. What have I been doing with my life, even before this all? I... I wasn't happy. Working in the lab was nice, and I love science, but I dunno..." he admitted softly, while tapping his fingers lightly against his own knee with a sigh.

"Yeah? I think the science stuff is cool! I mean, come on. I've hardly lived life either. We can be total losers together, if that helps. I like to think I've done a lot, been adventurous. The most adventurous thing I've done is try some new food. I haven't left the city since I arrived here from Poland. That shit's depressing," sighed the man, though, in typical fashion, refused the sad topic to get him down. Instead, he eagerly pressed in closer to reach for the soap sat behind him, though used the proximity to plant a quick kiss on his forehead.

"God, cheer up, would you? We'll be fine, it'll all end perfectly, and we'll laugh about this while sipping back some cold lemonade in the summer sun. It'll just be some awful nightmare we look back on. Until then, we just get through it by doing what we've done for months, and survive. You're smart, I'm decently strong-- we'll be fine, doofus."​

Despite the comforting words, Zackarie's worried expression remained unchanged. It was reminiscent of their childhood, what with Logan's carefree attitude and fearlessness while Zack was the one who worried, often trying to convince the other boy to stay back. Both had their wins, for example, if it wasn't for Zack insisting that they didn't go to the mall one day, they would have been involved with a chance shooting. Meanwhile, of it wasn't for Logan, Zack would have been even more sheltered than he was now. After a moment of silence, he peaked over to the other with a forced smile.

"... I... I still can't believe you dyed your hair. It was cute. Were you copying me, o-or...?"

"Hm? Oh, sure, if that makes you feel special. Truth is, I just wanted something different, you know? White's a pretty cool colour, even though my roots are really showing through. I can't get my hands on hair dye, obviously, so I guess the look's going to come to an end," he sighed, dramatically pouting while fiddling in his hair at the talk, even if he really didn't care too much about it. He didn't care all that much about his appearance, when, right now, it hardly mattered. Who was going to glance at him for looking a little messy when blood and guts were literally strewn on every street corner, and ravenous zombies lurked around in hopes of adding more?

"You really need to be confident. I have every belief that you'll find a cure for me-- when I get bitten, obviously. Or, if I get bitten. Maybe I'll just defy the odds and be the last remaining unaffected human~? I'll probably off myself if I was the last guy. How tragic would it be to be the only one still properly human? It'd be a fucking living nightmare."​

Once again, silence followed. Instead of his expression of concern being in the boarded up window, though, they locked onto the man across him with furrowed brows. His red eyes looked over Logan warily, before trying to diffuse his concerns a tad by reaching for the soap himself.

"Uh... yeah... I mean, why are you so urgent? Everyone I care about is dead, or across the country. Animals don't seem to be affected, and you're the only other person I know right now. I don't know about you, maybe you've got some lover out in the streets."

"I'm urgent because a cure is pretty fucking important. I want one as soon as possible, in case. Jeez, a lover? How long are you going to continue distrusting me? I don't have anyone out there waiting for me, unless you count a ton of strays I've been feeding. Seriously, I love you. Don't believe me, whatever, but I do, and it's kind of annoying that you refuse to realise that--" He began, though, like his previous migraine had caused, he fell silent sharpish, his hand reaching for his nose the moment he realised what had happened. It was one thing covering up a migraine that couldn't itself be seen, but hiding a nosebleed was a different story.

"I, uh-- pass some toilet roll, would you? I get these all the time, no biggie," he attempted -weakly- to convince while holding his hand to his nose and desperately holding back the apparent need to throw up. "You remember me getting nosebleeds, right? It's always happened, a-aha."​

"No...? I was usually the one who got nosebleeds," he reminded, before leaning to snatch a proper tissue from the side. It was pretty stupid, to have stolen toilet paper, but Zack's whole goal was to try and live as safe, but also as normally, as possible. He carefully surrendered the tissue box whilst eyeing his friend closely, his frown only growing.

"Are you okay? I think you should lay down, Logan. I certainly don't want you getting blood in the tub," he insisted, before getting to his feet and hurrying to wrap himself in his robe properly. "Look, I can see if I can find something to help you..."

"Hey, no need to make a fuss over me, I'm just... I'm fine! Probably the stress of everything, the heat isn't great for me either, and then I s'pose the lack of sleep plays a part..." He laughed to himself, if only to be able to convince the other he was fine. If he was capable of laughing, then hey, surely he wasn't seriously ill or sick, right?

Potentially, it could have played off. Like the migraine, the nosebleed he was somewhat capable of shrugging off without too much of a fuss. They happened arbitrarily sometimes to most people without it being a sign of anything too serious - but not many people threw up blood in great amounts too. Logan, however, did - all while still attempting to maintain the insistence that, no, he was fine, and yes, this was 'normal'.

"I-I... shit, g-grab me a towel, would 'ya?" He nervously smiled, though quickly stopped the moment he realised the sight was a little gruesome. Smiling with a mouthful of blood didn't do much to reassure Zack, of course. Managing to gather enough strength to haul himself up out the now reddened water, he shakily grabbed a towel to tie around his waist, while using another to wipe desperately at his mouth. "This has happened, l-like, a bunch of times, it's r-really not a huge deal, Zackarie~"​

"Logan, you just vomited blood!" He squeaked in horror, while forcing back his own urge to vomit himself. He stumbled through the room in search of something to properly wipe the other's face, the action would have been almost motherly in any other situation if not their predicimate. Wiping the other clean of blood, his concerned gaze changing to genuine confusion.

"You're... You're not okay, Logan. This isn't good, I-I mean...." he stammered, before his face began to stain suddenly with tears. "Are you sick? Can I help? F-Fuck..."

"Yeah, like I said, happens all the time! Maybe I got food poisoning or somethin'. You know me. I eat anything and everything, and I'm not picky these days. Probably ate something that was past its sell-by date, that's really all, a-and... h-hey, don't cry! J-Jeez, I'm not dying. It's nothing serious. Nice to see you care, though. It's endearing," admitted Logan after gently pushing aside his friend's hands, unable to stand the mothering any further. As nice as it was to be comforted when he felt this sick, it only made him feel guiltier for concealing the reasons behind his ailments. He could hardly tell him the truth, even though neglecting it was making him feel worse than he already felt.

"Just... Maybe a cup of tea, if you have teabags and milk... Or just some water to get the taste of iron out my mouth," he weakly smiled, flopping to the couch beside Mars with a shiver once chills hit. "Ugh, then come cuddle? I'm freezing-- see? It's just the flu or something. Illnesses still happen in apocalypses."​

"Go lay down in the bed, then." He insisted, before tightening the robe rope tighter. "It might have some stuff piled up, b-but I can move it easily. If you're this sick, I can't have you going out on the street with me tomorrow. I'll make it into the lab myself, but I refuse to let you strain yourself more. There... There should be some extra pants in the dresser? I lost a lot of weight since all of this, so I'm sure it'll fit you better than me... Do you think you can get to the bed on your own, or do you need help? I have to make the tea..."

"I just... I'm just going to sit here beside Mars and get a good cup of tea, okay? Don't fuss over me, you're not my mother-- thank god. That woman would be yelling at me for making a mess in her bathroom. You know, she once grounded me for crying too hard? I loved her, but good god, she was strict," babbled the human as he gently eased Mars onto his lap, both to shower her with affection and receive some comfort of his own in his sick state.

"...Zack? You do love me, don't you? I-I need to know, okay? For my own reasons. Tell me you love me," he spoke suddenly, the change from playfulness to seriousness quick and abrupt, like most his actions recently. "I-I sound so fucking soppy but it's... it's important, 'kay?"​

Zack spent no time in properly rummaging through a closet to tug out blankets, and draped it around Logan as carefully as possible. His house was no medical room, but he had to at least deal with what he had. He even went as far as to prop the other's legs up, and set a spare pillow behind Logan's head, though paused his journey towards the kitchen.

"... Logan, you know I love you. For fuck's sake, don't you realize that I wouldn't be doing all of this shit for you if I didn't?" He murmured, before awkwardly holding himself tight. "You're the first and only person I ever actually thought about changing my life for, you know? I know you didn't feel the same, or whatever. Just -- you're not dying, okay? I love you. Let's just get some tea started for you, hm?"