The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faust only smiled to Nickolai as he mentioned the blood on his shirt. "A group was getting a little too close. We can't have that now can we. Plus they were even kind enough to give me present" he said patting that P-90 on the table in front of him. With that half smile of his he looked over too Dirk as his attention was drawn to the noise of the coffee mug and pot clanging together. He noted his his uncomfortable state. "It's just a little blood, you'll be seeing a lot more of it, most likely some of your own" he said leaning back in his chair throwing an arm up. He looked over at the Sean recognizing him from the night before. "well if it isn't the lesser half of our bread crumbs" he said referring to how the soldiers were chasing him last night. Though before a response Julius started to speak as he smiled "Nobody could hear unless they were right next to us. Besides who else is going to keep our little...team...safe" he said giving Julius a knowing look. He got a feeling something was up, but he didn't know what. It's always a good to make people think you knew more than you did.

He could hear footsteps in a room where there wasn't before and looked over as the girl from before approached walking in "Oh if it isn't our little liaison, and where did you spend the night Princess?" he asked her as he always had that passive sonar of his up. "Julius is in his room, As for Little Mari, she seems to have scampered off looking for her boy toy" He added to answer her question. "Though I'm much funner company" he said keeping that cocky half smile before leaning forward "How bout it princess?"

Julius - Safe House

"It looks like I need to go. Take care of yourself. Oh, Alexis tells me you've taken up carpentry? Yeah, it wasn't lost on me either. Yeah, you beat me to it. If you could, I doubt my leg is going to get any better. All right, I'll catch you later. Take care of yourself."

He hung up the phone with a sigh. With the arrival of the Syndicate go-between, he would have to take charge while Maribeth was away. He supposed he could use her absence to explain the importance of her role as visible leader but he doubted such a perceptive person as Mira would accept such a flimsy suggestion; she would be well versed in intrigue and subterfuge by now. While he had yet to get a hold of what her power actually entailed, he was by no means surprised by her sudden appearance in the room she had previously chosen.

"She did disappear like that last night as well." The blonde girl was there again, perched on his bed, staring at a specific spot on the ceiling as if it held the importance of life at its centre.

"This is true. Maybe if you made more useful comments and suggestions like that I wouldn't mind you popping up quite so much." Julius replied before mentally chastising himself for acknowledging her, it would be more difficult to ignore her presence now. The girl grinned at the small victory and leapt from the bed to stride over to stand right in front of him, her face close to his so that all he could see were her eyes.

"You're always the one who parrots on about the importance of diplomacy. Maybe you need to make peace with your own mind and we'd help you out a little more." She grinned and twirled back from him. Julius sighed and massaged his temples before looking up, the room empty again.

She isn't wrong, though.

Setting aside such contemplation for another day, Julius dispersed the wind shield he had created on the inside of the room and opened the door, heading out to meet their honoured guest. He had followed her movements with his power, still able to 'see' much of what was going on outside the room with his radar-like sense of air currents. As he approached the conference - or now breakfast - room, he heard Faust's very distinctive voice. With a grimace, he put aside his irritation at the man's flippant behaviour towards pretty much any woman in the area; he knew the man had no intention of making friends and the best way to make someone predictable was to get under their skin and force them to lash out without thinking. If it weren't for the fact that Julius detested such methods, he might admire the natural ability.

Or maybe he's just an annoying misogynist, we'll never know for sure.

"Mira, good morning." Julius greeted her with his usual, calm smile. "How are you? Maribeth is out of the building right now, exploring the area as it were. We can talk in my room, or yours." He gestured down the hallway, raising a sarcastic eyebrow at Faust just before he followed Mira.

"'Funner', really? Keep on trying, Faust."

Brooklyn - Abandoned Apt - Morning

Diego had made it about halfway down the fire escape when the cat lady's words stopped him in his tracks.

"Damn, couldn't you just, I don't know, open the window like a fucking normal person?"

The man reached out and grabbed the hand rail. His hand glowed red and in a matter of seconds, the once solid piece of metal started to slowly melt away. Diego took a deep breath and turned to face the descending girl, stopping her in her tracks as well.

"Open the window like what?" He had to keep himself from ripping the poor girl's head off right then and there. "Did you say a normal person?" Diego took a small step toward the girl and his brows furrowed.

"Listen to me, Heather," Diego said in a low voice. "I am never going to, while I have breath in me, going to do things like one of those normals. I was given powers. I am going to use them. Doing things like a normal means that I am stooping to that level. And believe me, I am not going to stoop to that level. At all."

Diego turned and floated out of the fire escape. He stared at the girl for a little longer before slowly floating back down to the ground, mumbling things under his breath. Once on the ground, Diego leaned against a wall and waited for the cat lady to finish coming down.

"The name is Diego, by the way," he said, watching the street at the end of the alley. "Do you have any idea where he might have gone? Maybe you can ask your animal friends and see if they have seen him around, or if they can lead us to him."

Brooklyn - Abandoned Apt - streets
Haylee knew something was wrong when ghost boy suddenly stopped in his tracks, and, somehow, she knew she had fucked up - or was about to be anyway. Oh fuck was the first thing that came to her mind when she saw the hand rail melting like it was nothing, an oh fuck more panicked got stuck in her throat when the other turned to face her. This time, it was her that stopped in her tracks.

Subconsciously, the girl searched for every nearby animal and sent an alert call. Emerald eyes gleamed for the fraction of a second, though they remained locked on the other's ones. It felt like her heart was going to explode inside her chest, however, her expression remained unchanged, with clenched jaw and narrowed eyes. By the time ghost boy finished his speech, as Haylee called it, there were stray cats, dogs, birds, insects surrounding them, most of them hidden in the shadows. She watched as he floated away, before going back to the ground and finally saying his name. The girl returned to her descent, though while glaring to the other.

"Well, fucking nice to meet you too, Diego. " She growled once on solid ground. After one last glare at Diego, the girl turned her back to him and whistled; four dogs and three cats walked towards her, though they were soon dismissed. Looking up towards the sky, she whistled again, this time a pretty familiar raven descended from the sky. "You know what to do." The bird didn't lose time, it was soon up in the sky again and after a while it gave a loud cry. "Come, he found him." Haylee walked past Diego without giving him a glance and started to follow the bird, seeming pretty sure of her steps.

Brooklyn - Bed Stuy - Street Corner

"Sorry, no... I'm not lost." Atticus replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders. He figured it was far stranger for a cheerful young woman to be walking around alone deep in the 'no-man's-land' of Brooklyn. Unless, of course, she was far more than she appeared. The hairs on his neck stood on edge as he considered the thought of her being another Unnatural and he found himself suddenly on guard at the thought, though his posture remained calm and relaxed. "You're in Bedford Stuyvesant. At the corner of Halsey and Lewis." He finished with a slight smirk and a point of his hand, directing her gaze to the nearby street sign posted on the corner, though he didn't mention that he had little idea of where that was in relation to anything else.

As she continued to describe her 'friend', the one she was looking for, Atticus's face grew more grim. His hands slipped casually into his jacket pockets, the right one closing around the knife so that his thumb could toy with the release, just in case. What are the chances he knew exactly who she was talking about? "He would happen to go by 'Diego', by chance...?" He asked, voice lowering though there wasn't another soul in sight. Why would such a girl be looking for that psychopath? "If it is then I just left him in that building down the block... the one with the boarded up front. Third floor, up the fire-escape." Though he'd only known the guy for an evening; after seeing what he did to the night police and how easily he did it; Atticus couldn't bring himself to trust him, or anyone who called him 'friend'. Without another word he slipped past her and continued on down the street but stopped after a few steps, teeth grinding at not being able to just walk away. "Listen, I don't know you or your friend..." He muttered, turning back to face the pretty woman. "But I'd be careful around that guy if I were you. He seems a little... unstable."

Maribeth - Bed Stuy

Maribeth listened to the young man as he explained to her that he wasn't lost and where they were at. She was still clueless but decided on not letting herself look like a complete idiot. At least probably more of an idiot than she already made herself seem. She simply nodded in acknowledgement and smiled back at the young man. After studying him, he seemed to be more of a reserved person, and quite handsome at that too. 'He isn't lost?' Maribeth asked herself as she listened to him speak. Why would anyone like him be anywhere like this?

Her thoughts were interrupted as he changed the way he spoke, lowering his voice so only they would hear. Her eyes widened at the sound of Diego's name and she nodded quickly, taking a slight step back. 'What does this man know about Diego? Were they friends? Had they known each other for long? Was he tracking Diego? Was he another Empowered?'

A million questions ran through her mind all at once. She was slightly surprised, or more like caught off guard, when the young man walked past her and began to walk away. She watched him walk and then stop. He seemed hesitant. Something was going on but she didn't know what. As she heard him speak, she felt her heart drop at the description he gave of Diego "He seems a little... unstable." Maribeth frowned and nodded once, wondering what he meant. "Hey, wait." She took a few steps towards him, still wanting to know what he was doing. "If you're not lost, then what are you doing? It's rare to find someone like you out here." Before he could take it the wrong way, she spoke again, "You know. You don't exactly give off the homeless vibe. I'd imagine you'd live like in a pretty house with very nice cars and nice clothes." She now spoke in a softer and more relaxed tone. Although she was usually bubbly, most of the time she would just put up that front to not make an enemies or have others distrust her. Her cheerful smile was gone now and she had a look of concern on her, a small frown tugging at the sides of her mouth. "Can you tell me what happened? Please?"

Dirk - Safe House

As Julius left the room, Dirk tried to glare at Faust to show the guy that his legitimately frightening warning didn't frighten Dirk at all. Of course, Dirk wasn't able to commit to the expression and his glare came off as a sneer. He tried to recover by looking back down at the table, but soon someone was tapping his shoulder and talking to him. He looked up at her and found that he hadn't caught her name the night before. He smiled at her comment about burning a hole in the table, trying to look more amused than embarrassed. "... Right," he said, pausing for a moment to collect himself. "Right. I'm not hungry, though..." He knew he didn't sound very convincing. "I mean, I want you guys to have first dibs, you know?"

Dirk had never really worried too much about his weight before. It wasn't like he was that big, regardless. Just a complete lack of doing anything at all made Dirk look the way he did today. It was never really on his mind, not even back in high school when his bad habits were first showing. However, this was all so much different. Everyone here looked so much more capable than he did and it absolutely drove him up the wall. He wasn't socially equipped for any of this.

"So, yeah..." The arrival of a new girl made him pause, and Dirk realised he didn't know who she was either. She asked about Julius, but Dirk didn't really know the details so he deigned not to respond. Faust proceeded to flirt with her... or perhaps he was just being rude. Dirk honestly couldn't tell. Julius himself came in soon afterwards and made fun of Faust's improper grammar, which brought an honest smile to Dirk's face.

He found himself staring at the toaster in the room and decided there'd be no harm in just one bagel. He quickly got off his seat and made a grab for it. Ah, what the hell. Dirk even poured himself a cup of disgusting coffee.

Nikolai-SafeHouse/Streets-Brooklyn/Bed Stuy

"Not I dont love to hang around," Nikolai said rising from his seat around the kitchen table, "I like to visit 'the town' and get exercise."

He walked to his room, he undid the door and grabbed all his items for walking around. His wallet, with fake ID and American tenders, he pulled on a larger over jacket and a pair of steel toed hiking boots. He exited his room and walked down the stairs to leave the safehouse, he pulled his hood so that the sides of it rested around his neck. He opened the door and walked out calmly closing it behind him. He thought of his home, where it was cold, but it was colder than here. This place was actually quite nice, but it brought no sense of wonder as he had expected, America seemed little different from Russia. Other than the language and currency it was basically the same "democracy" in both places. He walked down the street following the scent of the one called Mari, he had a thought at the back of his head that perhaps he should not follow but he shrugged it off. What else had an immigrant with fantastic senses of smell and a knack for getting into trouble to do, he easily followed her trail and caught up within some time. He saw her chatting with someone in Bed Stuy, the boy didnt appear to be from the area, his clothing suggested he came from a more fancy area. Nikolai hung back not wanting to be noticed immediately, he caught ear of the conversation and recognized it was about the man Diego. The boy wanted no part of it, he seemed to really want to get away from the whole idea of this man. Nikolai was becoming more interested in this man by the second, he hung back watching the conversation play out and listening.

National Surveillance Bureau Headquarters - Finch
Finch once again found himself looking over old documents from a past he barely remembered.

The pile of papers strewn across his desk were all related to Providence High School.

His daughter had attended her Senior year there before the school was destroyed by the civil war.

Finch could not remember why he looked at the pages anymore.

There was lists of deceased children...

He scanned the list for her name. The day she had disappeared in what was a justified kidnapping.

As he scanned he noticed for the first time one of the names on the list.

Rymore

He knew that name from somewhere?

He consulted his computer. The monitor sprang to life. Several applications were already open. One of which was a government database. Finch punched in the last name Rymore and up sprang a list of names for the Brooklyn area.

Elizabeth Rymore
Thomas Rymore
Joseph Rymore
Alexander Rymore
Ryan Rymore
Nilin Rymore

Elizabeth.... that was the name he knew.

Her file stated that she worked for the department of Economic Stability. She had helped Finch attain funding for a project to save Police lives.

But it appeared the women had been hiding something. Her daughter was almost certainly not dead. She was the only child reported missing from the entire schools database. All others had been killed or were in government hands.

The only place a child would return to is their parents. And apparently Elizabeth was the only one this particular child had.

Finch phoned his secretary and had her arrange a meeting.

Finch would meet with Ms Rymore at 10:30 AM at the Coeburn Café.

With his plans in place Finch went back to scanning the schools database.

Then he saw it...
Skylar
Finch

His eyes cast a glance at the empty picture frame on the nearby coffee table.

Finches teeth grit for a moment. With that he organized the papers into a neat stack and hurled them into the nearby waste basket.

He'd leave for the Café at 10:05 so he would arrive promptly at 10:30

Sean watched tiredly as people mingled and gathered breakfast and coffee and whatnot, there were too many conversations going on for him to really pay attention to this early after being awoken. He heard the Faust, the man from before who, admittedly saved his life and probably everyone else here from an army make a snide comment towards him. "Dick..." Sean muttered just under his breath as he walked into the kitchen, it was quiet but you didn't need a power in order to hear it.

Sean poured himself a cup of coffee he'd go back for food later, he couldn't stand eating in the morning right away. He made his way out of the kitchen and towards a chair across from a sligtly heavier guy and some Asian girl. "Hey so you guys seem alright." Sean said sitting down and taking a sip of his coffee.

Katya - Safehouse

Katya had chosen a single person room last night right after Julius had told her about them. It hadn't taken long for her to fall asleep since her head still wasn't feeling 100% after hitting that tree.
She woke up feeling much better, though her back was a bit sore. She then went through her usual morning ritual which consisted of holding her hands against the 2 paper blocks on her belt for about 20 minutes to make them as hard as iron. While doing this she was quietly singing a russian lullaby her mother used to sing to her a lot. After she was sure the paper was hard enough she went out of her room, leaving her coat behind and went over to the door she remembered the main area to be. When she got close she heard some voices from inside and for a moment stopped. She didn't really like crowded rooms, but since they would probably be fellow unnaturals it should be fine. She opened the door and went inside. Looking around she saw all kinds of different people and one guy coming from a kitchen area with some coffee.

"Good morning," was all Katya said before she went over to the kitchen area to get some coffee. After filling a cup of the hot waking up beverage she went back to the main area and decided to sit at the table next to the guy she had seen getting coffee. After sitting down and taking a few sips she decided to ask a question. "Does anyone know where Mari and Julius are?" She wondered if she stayed in her room a bit too long and missed them. She just hoped one thing and that was that these people wouldn't ask questions about her being an albino, because she got that enough from naturals.

Safehouse, Brooklyn, New York

"It's nice you are being considerate but that generosity will only take you so far." She sat down next to him, taking the first bite of her bagel. More people shuffled inside the room and Akiko started to really wonder how many Unnaturals resided in this area. She could only hope this large group didn't attract unwanted attention, especially after curfew.

"Hey so you guys seem alright.," said an older looking man with a mohawk who sat in one of the chairs at their table.

"Eh, could be worse," Akiko replied. "Way worse to be honest, but at least I'm alive. I'm Akiko, by the way."

Another woman walked in and Akiko immediately recognized her as a Syndicate agent, one of the highest on the ladder of the Syndicate hierarchy. Mirage as what she called herself. Akiko had seen her once or twice whenever she visited a Syndicate base to receive instructions on a job they have for her. Akiko wondered what she was doing here, and who were Mr. Ragnarson and Miss Wilson. The man who allowed her to stay the night flirted with her using a very terrible pun before the other man, who must be Julius Ragnerson based on the conversation between Mirage and first man, walked in and led her to private room.

The boy stood up and went to get a bagel and even poured a cup of coffee. Akiko grinned and gave him a thumbs up. A woman with very pale, almost white hair and red eyes sat down at their table. Akiko caught herself staring and did her best attempt to hide it; the term albino passing through her mind at the sight of the woman.

She pointed just out the door. "Julius just went out a moment ago with someone. As for Mari, I do not know who this person is so I can't help you with that."

Brooklyn - Safehouse

The man named Faust was the first one who spoke up in reply to her question, arrogance rolling off of him in near tangible waves. She half expected him to pull out a knife and begin to casually clean his nails with it to add to his swagger and complete his portrayal of whichever 'badass' action movie hero he was attempting to mirror. Nilin ignored his query as to where she spent the night and instead took note of his utter disrespect for Julius' group and his misogynistic attitude. She found herself disgusted with the man as if he was some sort of filthy parasite though she gave no indication of her current feelings.

"As incredibly flattered as I am about your offer, I'd have to decline." This entire thing was adding to her mounting annoyance and she thought it best that she didn't linger there any longer. Nilin was about to walk away when the person she'd been looking for finally made an appearance. She returned his amicable greeting and slipped out of the room without further ado as he gestured down the hallway.

Once they were in her room, she waited patiently for Julius to put up his cloaking measures what with a sonokinetic in the building and all. She didn't want their conversation to get back to anyone else, despite it being nowhere near a top secret information exchange.

"Quite the eventful night, I see. It would've certainly put this place - and you, on the radar." She tucked a stray lock of her behind her ear as her eyes flickered across the room briefly. "I couldn't help but notice that Mr. Gomez isn't with us this morning. He's made quite the.." Nilin paused for a second as if looking for the proper way to put it tactfully. Then again, how did one casually bring up the fact that the man in question had massacred almost a dozen human beings the previous night, is if he were some animal that had gone berserk? Diego Gomez was proving to be far more trouble than he was worth. She'd be forced to take action before things got out of hand, and that would give rise to a whole new set of complications. "Impression with his actions. I'm sure we both understand the difficult times we live in as well as the precariousness of the situation. No one wants an all out war." This was her way of giving Julius time to get his affairs in order before Syndicate had to step in. The beginnings of a headache were lingering behind her brows and she hoped to wrap this up quickly as she had other plans for the day.

Faust couldn't help but be amused by everything. Looking too Nilin he couldn't help but grin a little "Your loss princess" he said before as she turned to leave. Looking around he mused a bit as he had scanned the room. He was constantly keeping himself aware of his surroundings, just incase he had to fight his way out of a situation, or suddenly kill everybody in a room. With this lot he didn't think it would be to hard. He noted the expression of the pudgy one but for the moment chose to let it pass taking interest in the little bread crumb "What was that boy, sorry couldn't hear you. The lingering cries from the people you were trying to lead to us echo in my head" In truth alexis could of taken care of them, hell he could of just used his own power to lead them away. But he was simply so bored and needed a fight. Maybe soon he might even get a good one.

With that he kicked himself up standing on his feet "Sorry children but I must be on my way" he said standing up and walking away. He moved through the halls before finding the door to Julius and Nilin. Placing his hand on the door he had to turn off his own passive sonar. Concentrating you could make as much noise as you like. All he had to do was pluck out the sound waves of voice. Not as easy as it sounds as he hand to strain a bit, his arm beginning to tremble as he had to pick his way through every sound wave until he could find the right one. Though he did hear something very interesting "war". Grinning he looked down at at his hand squeezing his fist as it looked like a clone it was shaking so fast. After a few moments he got it under control as he reached down and opened the door walking in.

He put up his own muting so no sound would escape the room "War is already here princess, Don't you look out your window at night as our kind is picked up from the streets and murdered in cold blood. As we are thrown into dark cells and to be taken out only so they can experiment and study us like rats." He spoke very calmly, his voice was flat and his expression was cold. "The worst of us even choose to to fight for them, some are brainwashed into it." Walking over and took a seat not really caring about how he simple invaded this little meeting. "No longer is war faught with soldiers marching through the streets. It takes place in the shadows,creeping in the corners. Intel is the new name of the game. If any of my bank accounts are an indicator...this war is already in full swing. You just haven't realized it yet little princess." He paused for a moment leaning back, curling his lips into that half smile of his.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius - Safe House

Admiring Mira's self control, Julius followed her down the hall to her room. He noticed that she chose her own room for their conversation rather than his, despite it's relatively appropriate furniture. While it did not surprise him that she had her guard up and naturally sought some form of home field advantage, even if subconsciously, it was something he would have to work on to strengthen the alliance. After all, if the messenger was uncomfortable then that would feed back to the Syndicate.

When Mira had finished speaking, Julius remained quiet as he gauged how much to reveal and in what manner to the woman. Rather than let the silence stretch uncomfortably he made his way slowly to a chair and sat down before responding.

"Believe me when I say that is currently the last thing I want to do at this moment in time. I do not mind making myself a figure but this place must remain a secret, or at least obscure, to remain safe. Now that those making their way here are largely present, I can begin to end such thoughtless actions." He tilted his head to one side before deciding he needed to make the first step in this relationship to cement any form of trust. "As for Diego, I feel it would be wiser to now see him as a separate party to myself and Maribeth. We have history but right now we have absolutely no cooperative actions. His methods are counter-productive to my aims and will achieve nothing but bringing a mountain of hatred down upon himself."

Just then Faust burst into the room, to Julius' great irritation, and casually interrupted their conversation. He had hoped that the barrier he had put around the room would be sign enough but clearly Faust had been intent on intruding on their conversation. Once the mercenary had finished speaking, Julius slowly stood up and held one hand out towards the man, wrapping air currents tightly around the mercenary's torso. Before anyone could respond, Faust was hurled out of the room and into the corridor wall with more than enough force to wind him.

Julius made his way to the doorway and looked down on Faust with a mixture of anger, disdain and disinterest.

"Should I have hung a sign on the door that said 'Private' or would that only have made you more desperate to intrude?" He reached into his belt and withdrew the pistol he now carried with him, ever since his trip to the UK, and pointed at the stunned mercenary. "You were hired to keep me alive and I will allow you to be present and carry out your job while you prove useful to me, or at least do not get in my way. If you continue to prove to be a liability rather than an asset then I will cut your head from your shoulders and dump your corpse somewhere where it may be of more use to me than you are currently being." His eyes were as hard as flint as he glared at the unfortunate before him.

"You've done your research on me and you'll know that I'm merciful. You should also know that I have little to no time for mercenaries and am not adverse to burying them when they get in my way. I have no respect for your profession or those who follow it so either make yourself useful or get out of here." He turned on his heel and imparted one last statement. "You weren't there for the Civil War, Faust, so don't talk about it like you have any idea. None of us do any more." With that he slammed the door shut. This time he made sure to lock it and strengthen his air barrier around the room; now Faust would not be able to listen in no matter how hard he tried. Julius smiled at Mira as he returned his handgun to its place.

"I apologise, I have no time for people whose thoughts, belief, loyalty and action can be purchase with something as base as money. Especially when so much is at stake." Julius returned to his seat and sat down with a sigh. "Now, was there anything you wished to relay? I believe I have made my position clear when it comes to Diego. If he goes beyond his current actions and exacerbates government actions then I will happily aid the Syndicate to make sure his provocations stop." He levelled his gaze at Mira, the warmness that usually emanated from his eyes gone and replaced with nothing but complete neutrality remaining.

Brooklyn - Bed Stuy - Street Corner

Atticus eyed the girl suspiciously, she certainly had a lot of strange things to sat, but did not immediately respond when she asked about what happened. He wanted to trust her and believe she was just some innocent young girl looking for a friend but trust could get you killed in times like these. After the pause he shrugged, posture slackening as he regarded her. "He made mincemeat out of a squad of Night Police..." 'And seemed to enjoy it way to much...' He left the last bit to himself. "I'm sure they'll be looking for him which means anyone around him is putting themselves is danger."

Atticus looked the young lady in the eyes, raising an eyebrow knowingly though he was still trying to take some measure of her. "And they'll catch him, sooner or later. They're getting stronger and bolder everyday." Turning as if to leave again, he glanced over his shoulder with a dry smirk. "And that's why I'm warning you. A nice girl like you shouldn't see where they take those they deem a 'threat to humanity'." These could, of course, be either unnaturals or normals who choose to help them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maribeth - Bed Stuy

Maribeth had stayed quiet even after the young man told her what Diego had done. She felt the color leave her face as the blood drained from it while the images played in her mind.

Although she knew that Diego was capable of doing so, she doubted that he would just go around tearing people limb from limb. She didn't want to believe any of the accusations. She wasn't going to. At least not until she saw for herself.

"If you haven't notice, anyone and everyone is in danger now-a-days." She silently hoped that with that small statement, the man would understand that she knew what he was talking about and that; although it was a shot in the dark, that she was like Diego. At least in the gifted way.

"A nice girl like you shouldn't see where they take those they deem a 'threat to humanity'."

It was as if a light switch had been turned on or off that her mood completely changed with that one sentence. Her mind flew back to when she had woken up from the drug induced sleep on that cold, hard, steel slab of an experiment table and the slightest moment, she felt a wave of fear and panic hit her. That wave was soon turned into one of anger and she pushed the thoughts away, her soft and concerned look now being a cold, hard glare. "You don't need to warn me of where they take 'them'. I know those places very well." Her voice was low and fervent as she spoke, her fists clenching as she caught a glimpse of his smirk. "If we haven't been caught yet...." By we, she obviously meant Julius, Diego, and herself but she knew he wouldn't get it. Unless maybe he knew something? He seemed to know a good deal about what was going on. Or had she just been out of the loop that much?

"I won't bother you anymore. Thank you for your time." She gave the man a small yet curt and arrogant smile. Even for her it was out of the ordinary but she did it involuntarily. She had calmed down just as soon as she had gotten angry, and resisted the urge to use her ability. Her main focus right now was not this stranger and she had to get back to her task.

Sean did a short one breath laugh through his nose at Akiko's response "Sean." Was all he said in response to the name game. He was going to say something else, however Faust interrupted him by getting in his face without actually getting in his face. Sean just glared at him without saying anything, he desperately wanted to trade Faust's tongue with the cup of coffee he was holding but he wasn't even sure if he could. Before he could retaliate in anyway Faust was gone most likely off to cause trouble. Sean looked back over to the table and sighed, he took a long drink from his coffee and set it down and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his hoodie pocket.

Holding it firmly he shook it and said "Time for breakfast." In a fake cheery sounding voice. He left his seat and went outside to the same entrance he'd come in through the night before. He pulled out a cigarette and put it im his mouth and began to pat himself down for a lighter, only to find he still didn't have one. "Fuck."

Faust was thrown out as he laughed standing up and dusting himself off. "Such a worthless man, it's wonder anyone wants to keep him alive." he said shoving his hands into his pocket with his little smile he turned and walked pushing himself through the door as he threw up that passive sonar of his. He made his way down the stairs soon walking out the door to the front of the building "awe little bread crumb, Fancy meeting you out here" he said looking at the cigarette "you know those will kill you" as he said that he pulled out a red pack and a lighter "of course last I checked the whole world is trying to kill us. And our fearless leaders seem keen on letting it happen" taking a quick drag he held his lighter out to Sean.

He took a drag of that cigarette and looked around in the morning light. For moment it was almost like the world was normal, but the sounds of a distant helicopter reminded him of the world that he lived in. He walked over sitting down on the groun leaning against the building and pulling a leg up to let his arm rest on it.

Brooklyn – Safehouse

Nilin felt her eyes widen in surprise at Julius' quietly proclaimed words, informing her that Diego was no longer part of his team. She appreciated the fact that he'd told her, and respected him for it as it could not have been an easy decision to make. The trio had a long standing history and it must've pained the man to utter the words. For the first time since she'd taken on the position in Syndicate's upper echelons, the girl felt at a loss for words – or rather, she felt that her tone of cold professionalism was lacking for this particular moment. It was a bizarre feeling for her to experience.

She nodded her acknowledgment and opened her mouth to say something when the arrogant and unbelievably annoying sonokinetic walked in as if he owned the place. Nilin's temper flared up and debated how much trouble she'd be in if she happened to break his mind, and if it would be worth it. The mercenary was getting on her last nerve and she doubted he'd be missed much – not with that attitude of his. Unfortunately for her, Julius got to have all the fun. She felt a burst of satisfaction and bit down on her lower lip to keep from smirking as Faust flew back and slammed into the far wall with a resounding thud. Nilin followed Julius as he walked to the door and peered over his shoulder from a short distance away. The brunette felt her eyebrows shoot up in surprise and the sudden shift in demeanor from the man in front of her. It reminded her of how the Syndicate leaders acted, something she'd not expected from him. Intrigued, she began to feel that perhaps the Syndicate was right to assign this particular job to her.

Julius Ragnarson could prove to be more interesting than she'd originally assumed.

Idly returning his smile, Nilin glanced at the handgun, wondering if he actually knew how to shoot it accurately or if it was a bluff. Judging from the scene that had occurred only moments ago, she was willing to bet her money on the former.

"No, that will be all. Thank you for your time." She echoed his professionalism and gave him a brief, practiced smile. It was a polite dismissal, one she hoped he would take so that she could move along with her day, it was her room after all. Something he'd said had quirked her curiosity – a mercenary hanging around the man seemed a bit out of place even for unnaturals. Nilin could've asked Julius about it, or even the annoying man himself, but she was suspicious by nature and people tended to lie. She added it to her mental list of things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.