The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe House-Morning

Nikolai stirred in his sleep, the previous days escapades had taken their tole on his body. He was exhausted, and his muscles ached from the cold water. He rolled out of bed and undid his duffel which he had set on the bed opposite his own. He reached inside until he found what he was looking for, a small tub of gel that he used to keep his Mohawk up. He grabbed some jeans from his duffel and pulled them on over his boxers, he snagged a shirt as he walked towards the door. He opened it and pulled it on then went to find a bathroom. He found it after a bit of wandering and looked in the mirror, his Mohawk had fallen back and lazily hung around his head. He took about three finger tips worth of the gel and ran it through his hair, it kept his hair up but didnt make it all spiky or hard it just kept it going upwards. He left the bathroom and went back to his room setting the gel in his bag. He grabbed the .38 out from under his pillow and stuffed it in his belt line, he also grabbed a light hoodie and put it on zipping it up halfway in the center, he had the sleeves pushed up so his forearms were shown clearly. He pulled on some tennis shoes and walked outside his room towards the area he had met everyone in last night. He didnt notice anyone and moved to the kitchen seeing both Mari, and the man who's name was Junior or Julius or something. Nikolai had met him last night and had already forgotten.

"Dough-bro-ye oo-tro" He said in Russian, a smirk on his face, he figured neither understood Russian and couldve thought he said anything but 'Good Morning'. He leaned on the counter and watched the two for any kind of response.

Dirk - Safe House- Morning

Amazingly Cool Alexis instructed everyone to be quiet, so Dirk did as was told and spent the night not saying a word. He kept to himself, mainly, as he had a lot to think on. Vera had told him that she'd never seen a girl matching that description and, as far as he could tell, The Girl With Dreads had never made it to the Safe House. He thought about her during the night, about the kind of person she could have been. She'd been a bit short with him, but Dirk knew he never inspired much in other people. Perhaps they could have been friends if they both had made it.

Dirk, of course, could have spent the night at home. Why he was here putting himself in mortal peril was a question Dirk hadn't really stopped to answer. He'd half-heartedly desired to meet others like him, but that was really no excuse to risk his life. Perhaps it was the fact that this was the first night in a long time that Dirk had spent a significant amount of time with people his age. He wanted to make friends with these people, but that desire felt incredibly selfish. These people were hiding out just to stay safe and Dirk was hiding out to... what? Make friends? He was truly spineless, wasn't he?

He awoke with a groan, staring up at the ceiling for a good long while before he even considered getting out of bed. He had gotten into the habit of waking up early, even if he proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day. It made him feel slightly better about himself (completely artificially, really) when he got up at a respectable time. Last night, however, had been spent tossing and turning, Dirk's thoughts unwilling to have let him sleep. When Dirk finally got out of bed, his head felt like a lump of lead.

He gravitated toward where the most activity was. It reminded him strangely of sleepovers when he was a kid, where his friends would be awake before him and playing some video game in the living room. However, instead of the living room, Dirk found himself in the kitchen, where he stood awkwardly in the doorway. There were three people already there-- Julius, Maribeth, and Nikolai-- and Dirk was already unsure what to say to them. Though he'd gotten their names last night, that was all the time he'd spent around them.

Now, with his head feeling like a lump and his eyes a little hazy from sleep, Dirk only made a small wave at the three of them. "Hello."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilium
Brooklyn - Emma Crowe - The Safehouse (Night Time) ((This is my Color! I call it!))

Even though Emma was unaffected by the cold, she still wanted to find a coat. Her goal was to hide from the police, but that would be slightly unproductive if she walked around in cold temperatures with just a t-shirt and jeans. She could hear sirens in the far distance, and that warranted further caution. She had made her way out of the main city and towards the outskirts.

The girl looked towards the city, her eyes drawn by a shimmer of light. She stared at where the light had come from; down the street. She knew it had to be the work of an empowered... She waited for shouts, screams, gunshots, or sirens - telltale signs of the Order Police. When she heard none, she contemplated the possible outcomes of investigating the light. If it were an empowered; it could've meant help and possible refuge.

If it was the OP's, she'd find herself in a very tight situation. If she didn't find help, she'd still be on the run. She nodded visibly, even though no one was around to see. As she stepped onto the street and began to cross, a thick icicle formed in her palm. When she reached the alley way in which she'd thought she'd seen the light, she glanced up and observed the building. It was old and decrepit, an apartment building long since abandoned.

The girl approached the back alleyway, and she saw a door that was unguarded and appeared to be unlocked. Emma slowly opened the door, flooding the alleyway with light. She looked quickly inside for anyone to present themselves. She could here footsteps on in the cieling; someone was on the floor above. She saw a small door to her right and she cautiously stepped towards it. She gripped the sharp icicle tight like a knife, reaching to the door knob. She opened it to see that it was a simple supply closet.

She looked around and stepped inside the small room. Hopefully no one would check the closet and she could get enough sleep before she had to start running again. The girl closed the door quietly. The little closet was just barely warm enough to feel... She looked around for something useful. She grabbed a small cord of rope, and tied one end to the door knob and the other end to the shelf. If someone pulled the door open, she'd know the moment it happen.

It only took a moment for the girl to rest her head on the supply shelf and doze off to sleep.

Julius - Safe House - Morning

He looked up as Mari floated into the room and greeted her with a smile.

"Morning, Mari. Kettle's still warm." He said, nodding towards the appliance. The laptop in front of him was going to prove a distraction so he quickly logged out, the very specific security lock appearing on the screen before he shut it down and slid the computer into its protective sleeve. "Sleep well?" He asked her, just as another of the building's inhabitants entered the room. He was heavily tattooed, that was the thing that struck Julius immediately. Then he spoke in Russian with a grin on his face that took pleasure in the assumption neither Julius nor Mari could understand him; which was true for Julius.

"Bore da. Sut wnaethoch chi gysgu?" He raised an eyebrow at the other boy in a questioning manner. "It hardly helps anyone if we speak in different languages so let's limit to English, shall we?" He asked in an almost disinterested way, having made his point. Shortly another woke up and stood in the doorway nervously, greeting them quietly.

"Good morning. There's water in the kettle and plenty of tea and coffee so help yourself to something, cereal and bread in the cupboard." Julius said, pointing at the respective places he had highlighted. He took another sip from his mug of tea, observing Maribeth over the top before making his decision to broach the uncomfortable topic.

"Would you like to go find Diego after a bit, Mari?" He didn't mention how he knew where Diego was but neither did he feel it necessary to explain; Mari knew well enough his capabilities. Before they went he'd have to remember to check on the last entrant to the building who had taken residence in a closet on the ground floor. Making a mental note to take them a hot drink and breakfast, he awaited Maribeth's answer, sipping his tea to keep his nerves calm.

Maribeth - Safe House - Brooklyn

Instead of making herself tea, she decided to get coffee, knowing it would help her through out the day more than the tea. "I slept better here than in my plane right. So I guess that's good." Afterwards, she turned around and smiled when Nikolai walked into the kitchen. His Mohawk was something she hadn't seen in a while and it amused her to have such a different type of person amongst their group. "If both of you speak in a language I can't understand I will rip both of your tongues out." Maribeth shot them both a playful smirk before sipping on her coffee and floating over towards them. The sound of footsteps drew her attention and waved once at the young man. "Dirk, right? Good morning."

She turned back to Julius after he addressed her and nodded when he mentioned finding Diego. "Sure. Are you coming too or do you want me to go alone. I think I'll be fine alone. Plus it'll be good to have someone here... Unless..." She shrugged and drank once more from her coffee. Where was Diego anyways? Alexis had said that they were near by. Maybe she'd be able to start around the same block. "I could always take someone else just in case. I'm just trying to keep you safe." She tried reassuring her friend before setting her cup down and holding a finger up. "But I have to do my hair first." She pointed at the mess of curls that bounced with every moment and sighed. She secretly thanked Julius in her mind for giving her something to do and getting her out of the house. It felt crowded and for some reason, when everyone was awake, she felt paranoid.

Julius - Safe House

"Just making a point." He grumbled. It occurred to him that perhaps Maribeth had not realised that the two had been speaking in different languages, Russian and Welsh, but decided not to bring it up; it would only make a joke into a possible argument. Far too early for that sort of thing. When Maribeth responded to Julius' question regarding Diego, he took a moment to think before responding carefully.

"I have a feeling he'll be more receptive if it's just you. We don't want him to think we're ganging up on him." Julius agreed. He thought back to the look in Diego's eyes before blanking his mind; he still felt disturbed by the anger and venom in that look and the danger he had felt himself in. Even only six months ago, when Diego began his slide into his current state, Julius doubted he would have been faced with such aggression. Until he could work out a way to talk with his friend without igniting that anger, Julius felt it best to simply avoid contact all together.

Maribeth spoke again and he smiled at her small joke; it was moments like these which made their current situation bearable. He thought for a moment again before shaking his head.

"I'm not sure about taking anyone else with you, Mari. Diego might think I'm ordering you about and sending someone to help or keep an eye on you. I really don't know what he might react to and I'd rather not put someone in danger if we didn't have to. Still, we can't let you just go walking around Brooklyn by yourself. Daylight is safer than night time but let's not jinx things." Julius turned to his phone, an old flip phone which fit easily into his pocket; in their current situation he felt that buying one of the new smart phones would only be an expensive mistake. He sent a quick text before looking back up.

"Alexis will check in on you but there's a few other things she needs to do as well so she won't be around all the time. Don't do anything too reckless and come back straight away if you meet any police you can't handle. I'm well enough to defend this place if we have to." He spoke quietly so as to not alert the others that he might be ill; with Maribeth out of the building he would be the authority for the time being.

Faust had a restless night, only getting a few hours. It was to quite and dark for his liking, but he wasn't a fool and knew to keep quiet. So he choose guard duty. Standing against the wall right outside the door he had that P-90 Urban warfare rifle he "acquired' the night before. He could hear the people waking up and moving into the kitchen as he looked back and pushed off the wall walking back inside.

Walking into the kitchen he eyed everybody, more than just looking he was sizing them up. He liked the look of Nikolai, the other Dirk he thought he heard, he was to say unimpressed. He had washed the blood off of his face but his shirt still had splatters of red on it. Dried but still you could tell it was recent. He looked to Julius smiling that half cocky smile of his "don't worry, I have some combat experience. I had to fight my way out of the house after all" He said pulling out a coffee mug and grabbing the pot to pour some out. He laid his rifle on the the table and leaned back in a chair kicking his feet up on it.

Maribeth - Brooklyn

Maribeth drank the last bit of her coffee as she listened to Julius, nodding once she was done and floating over to the sink to wash the cup. "Alright then..." At that moment, she heard the familiar voice of a man and turned around after drying the cup. She smirked as the guy said something about being combat trained and carried on with her task at hand, finding the cabinet where the cups went and putting it back up. She had gotten a good look at the man's blood stained shirt and knew there was no way in hell she was going to let him leave the house looking like that. "I'm a tough girl. I think I can take care of myself." She smiled sarcastically and flexed an arm to add emphasis to it.

She didn't wait for anymore responses or retorts. Instead, she shot out of the kitchen and down the hall to the room she had slept in. While she fixed her hair in a tight sock bun, she slipped into her boots at the same time. Since she had gotten a fairly good sleep and had something in her system, using her ability was almost as easy as breathing or blinking. Hopefully she could keep it like that from now on.

"I won't be too long. Hopefully. Make sure no one acts like a complete ass around here and blows our cover." The young girl spoke as she walked down the hall, making sure her voice rang out so others could hear. They had finally found a semi-safe place and she wasn't about to lose it. "I'll see you all later." Her mind was rushing with different thoughts as she waved at the guys and skipped over to the stairs, not bothering to take them, and just jumping over the railing and letting herself fall to the first floor before catching herself and gently setting herself down. Rather than taking to the front door, Maribeth quietly left the building through the back, hiding from any prying eyes that might have been waiting for some sign of life inside the house.

Within the hour she had found herself aimlessly walking through the torn up streets of Brooklyn. It was worse than what she imagined. The city looked better by night in her opinion. She had forgotten to ask Julius where she could have found Diego in her rush out the door, so now she was stuck having to use her poor sense of direction and her lack of knowledge of the city. "I should at least have a map..... This is ridiculous." Since it was the day time, she had decided to simply walk rather than fly. Hopefully she could just seem like a lost tourist, or a curious one. Something quite normal. Every now and then she'd hear a quiet, almost whisper like, voice that sound like it was behind her. Or maybe it could have been beside her. She didn't know who the voices belonged to but it was clear that it had came from her mind. Not wanting to have a panic attack in the middle of the day and street, Mari simply acknowledged them and kept walking, dismissing the occasional words that would come and go.

Nikolai-SafeHouse-Brooklyn

Nikolai sniffed the air and gravitated towards the coffee, he couldnt help but take one of the larger mugs and fill it to the brim. He liked his coffee black, kept things simple and made sure he stayed awake. He noticed some others walk in the room, the boy called Dirk. Nikolai regarded him with a small nod and took a large gulp of his coffee. When Mari and Julius began speaking of a person called Deigo, they spoke as if he was a friend. Nikolai decided to have some small input so that he didnt seem too distant.

"I can help you track," Nikolai said his English fragmented, "I very fast, good senses, like dog."

He smiled flashing his canines, he liked being this way. After being persecuted for being a nobody it felt good to be different, he didnt mind the lot of unnaturals that wanted to be normal but he certainly hated those who wanted unnaturals to be normal without choice. He retracted his canines somewhat and closed his mouth. He noticed Mari smiling at him out of the corner of his eye but shrugged it off, probably just being polite. He smelled blood as another entered the room, he looked over and was suprised to see a rifle toting man, appearing to be in his twenties. The man had blood spattered on his shirt and he wreaked of death, Nikolai smirked and asked the obvious question.

"Blood?" Nikolai said nodding to the mans shirts. He hoped it sounded as if he was asking where and not what, but either answer would work.

Brooklyn - Bed Stuy - Abandoned Apt. - Morning

Atticus pushed his way through the door of his family's large penthouse apartment, carefully removing his dress shoes before stepping off the hardwood onto the pristine creme carpet and placing them in the proper place on the rack in the hall closet. He adjusted them meticulously, toes facing out and in perfect line with the other dozen pairs of he and Emerson's shoes, so as not to incur the wrath of his mother who would go into a screaming fit should she find them out of place. That business done, he let out a long sigh, exhausted from another brutal day at the academy. He had aced both his English and Social Studies tests but had only managed an A- on Math, which was sure to earn him a furious lecture from his father when he returned home that evening.

It was not a meeting he was looking forward to, by any means.

Lugging his backpack, violin case, and tennis bag into the massive living room, the lights of Manhattan sparkling in the night outside the large bay windows. He stopped dead when he spotted his mother sitting on the sofa weeping, face streaked with makeup, and his father standing beside her with a comforting arm on her shoulder, though his face was red with rage. "And where the hell have you been?!" His father's deep voice screamed as he spotted his son frozen in the doorway.

"I-I was at practice, father." Atticus stuttered, suddenly frightened by the outburst, as he dropping his bags so that his fingers could fiddle with the buttons on his green academy sports coat. "W-what's happened?"

"He's gone! Gone!" His mother wailed, giving the boy a start and causing his father's frown to deepen. Atticus's stomach felt like a bottomless pit as he approached her, eyes not straying to his father, whose gaze was like ice on the back of his head. He dared not voice his deepest fear, though in his heart he knew what had happened. Emerson was supposed to go back to university today, but he hadn't sent Atticus the usual 'Goodbye, don't let mother and father get you down' text. He figured his brother had just been too busy...

"Mother...?" He whispered, resting his hands on her knee as he crouched down before her. Her shaking hands reached out to grip his arm with icy fingers. The look she gave him was one he'd never forget; her dark sunken eyes filled with so much disgust, so much hatred, that Atticus tried to recoil back but found her hands tightening painfully around his arm. "Mother!" He whimpered, a tiny trickle of blood slipping between her nails that were digging into his flesh. "You're hurting me!"

"It should have been you..." She hissed, eyes growing darker and darker with every instant, becoming black voids that threatened to consume him. "It should have been YOU!" The shriek was inhuman, her mouth growing far larger than it should and revealing rows of razor sharp teeth. The tears from her eyes became blood, tentacles dancing across her hellish features. They lashed out, wrapping around his throat and he could not fight against them as they drew him closer and closer to the waiting maw...

Atticus sat up with a gasp, eyes wide with terror and sweat dripping down his brow. It took him a long moment to remember where he was and how he got there as he covered his eyes with a hand and tried to will the images of the nightmare to fade. Pushing himself off the mattress with a grunt, he quickly threw his coat back on; using the sleeve to wipe his forehead; and shouldered the bag. For a brief moment he contemplated saying something the other two unnaturals, or Cat-whisperer at least, but he shook the thought away. He didn't need anyone else... He had managed fine on his own, right?

The window was filthy and rusted around the hinges but with a bit of effort he managed to force it open without causing too much noise. It opened into a tight alley between this building and the next which was perfect because it would obscure his exit. As he predicted, the cut on his hand was nothing more than a soft, white scar but a quick flick of his knife had it open again. Digging the red tendrils into the window frame, Atticus slipped through the portal and carefully repelled down to the ground. The blood slipped back into his hand, leaving the young man to adjust his jacket and walk out onto the street acting like any other normal.

It was a crisp morning but the sky was clear and Atticus found the chill rather pleasant on his heated skin. He was so focused on the feeling that he did not see the woman approaching as he turned the corner and ran straight into her, giving her a good bump. "Damnit..." He cursed his own carelessness, looking apologetically to the pretty woman. "I'm truly sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

Brooklyn - Abandoned apt. - Morning
Haylee woke up to the sound of something loudly hitting the window and what seemed to be a cry. She tried to roll out of the couch but instead ended up falling on the floor, making a loud thud.

"Ouch. Fuck." She groaned as her hand went to support her hurting back. The sound of something hitting against the window didn't stop, which started to annoy the girl. With a grimace, and the will of five slugs, she finally managed to get on her feet and properly examine what the fuck interrupted her sweet sleep. With a raised brow, she watched as the raven of yesterday tried to enter the apartment by hitting himself against the closed window. "Alright, calm down, calm down. I'm gonna open the window. Just calm down." The raven didn't waste any more second after the window was opened, he flew past Haylee and landed on the sofa. "What happened? Have we been found?" The bird shook his head. No. Then what? He's gone. The other one you were with.

The red head frowned as she headed towards the room Blake had probably slept in, she pushed the door open just to find the other side empty. "Huh, so that fucker really is gone." Do you want me to follow him? Lee shook her head no. "What he does ain't my business. And it's not like I care. Instead, is ghost-boy still here? He had said something about a safe-house."

I believe so.

"Great, let him wake on his own. I'm selfish but not stupid, I don't want to get on his bad side." The girl said as she searched for a bathroom, not taking too long to find one.

So, am I dismissed?

"Yeah, you and the cats. Go tell them. Thank you for everything." Haylee cursed under her breath when she found out that the water wasn't working anymore. It wasn't too long after the sound of flapping wings could be heard and the presence of the raven gone. With a sigh, Haylee returned to the room with the sofa, debating within herself if waking up ghost-boy was a wise idea or a stupid one.

Brooklyn – Abandoned Apt. – Night.

It had been a slow night for Diego, but then again, so had almost every night after the House.

Most days, Diego could get no more than an hour of sleep at most, other times, he couldn't even get that many. This was one of those nights where he got just the one hour of sleep.

After checking in on the other two in his party, and finding them asleep, Diego headed out of the apartment and flew up to the roof. It was dangerous, yes, but Diego wasn't really one to care about that sort of thing. He was able to handle himself just fine if anything happened.
Once on the rooftop, Diego absentmindedly scanned the skyline as his mind wandered to much happier times.

He thought about all the parties he had attended throughout his high school years; how he DJ'd most of them, how everyone wanted to be around him, how all the girls looked at him. He thought about his friends, many of which were probably either dead from the war, or living lives hating people like Diego. It saddened him, but even alone, he didn't show it.

He closed his eyes and let the noises around him take hold of his focus. In the distance, he heard the faint sounds of police sirens. Close by, in some tree that had been miraculously saved from the destruction of the war, were the sounds of a few baby birds, chirping for their mother who had yet to return to the nest. When he tried hard enough he was able to hear the faint whispering of a couple of homeless people in a nearby alley, huddled together to shelter themselves from the cold. Diego floated up into the night air and crossed his legs. He stayed in that "sitting" position all night, letting the ambient noises take him far away from the Hell he was now living in.

Brooklyn – Airspace above Abandoned Apt. – Morning

The warmth of the rising sun brought Diego out of his almost meditative-like trance. Diego opened his eyes with a sigh and scanned the skyline once more. Deciding that it was best not to be floating in the air at this time of day, the man floated down to the rooftop and sighed once more.

Diego turned and walked into the apartment building from the roof access. Because he took his time to make it to the apartment, he missed Blake running out through the window.
Once he made it to the apartment, Diego opened the door to find the cat lady talking to a raven. He made his way to the corner of the room and watched the two intently, following her every movement with her eyes. He smiled darkly and shook his head at her nickname for him.

Ghost boy, huh? That's a new one. I like Superman, but Ghost Boy could work just as well, I suppose.

He made his way to the couch Blake had been in, and waited as the girl went into the bathroom. He smiled again when he heard her curse and shook his head. Of course the water wouldn't work in an abandoned building. Once she walked into the room, he sat up a bit
straighter and cocked his head to the side, staring out of the window.

"The safe-house is somewhere you don't want to go. Trust me." Diego turned his head to the girl and sighed. "There is nothing there but fake promises of safety and peace between us and the normals. I left because I don't think that the way they want to achieve peace is right. Diplomacy will only get us so far. Besides," Diego snapped his fingers and a small flame appeared above his thumb. He snapped it once more and the flame disappeared, only to be replaced by a few sparks of electricity. "I think the safe-house has already been raided by now. It isn't really that hidden, if you know what I mean."

Diego stood and floated toward the window. He touched the ground and closed his eyes. The window flew open without him so much as laying a finger on it, and he turned back to the girl.

"It's not safe for Blake to be out walking around town, even at this time of the day. I think that we should go after him. He can be a valuable asset to our little group." He stepped out of the window and motioned with his head for the girl to follow. "Are you gonna come or what?"

Reactions: GreatWest
Safehouse, Brooklyn, New York

Sunlight crept into the little apartment, going over Akiko's eyes and stirring her awake. As she slowly rose to conciousness, Akiko became very aware of how cold it was. She shivered, pulling the covers closer around her to try and preserve as much body heat as she could. Akiko opened her eyes and it took her a moment to realize this was not her apartment. No, it was the safehouse Syndicate told her about. Akiko sat up, yawning and rubbing the sleep away.

She could hear some people chatting in the next room over. The others from yesterday? How many more of them were affected by the patrols last night? And that helicopter crash too. Were they involved in that? Akiko figured she would find out eventually, maybe that guy from earlier, the one who left so suddenly, would know. Though Akiko wondered if he even survived the night.

After a while, Akiko decided to get up and have some breakfast. Is that coffee? She sniffed the air, following, almost floating, towards the warm aroma. The smell of coffee was coming from another room. She looked back at the slightly messy apartment, an empty coffee machine on the counter, as if inviting her to use it to make coffee. Akiko left the apartment, fixing her hair as she approached where she supposed the coffee was coming from. The chatter was coming from this room too. She felt a little left out that everyone had gathered together to share a coffee and she wasn't. Then again, she popped up here and took her own empty room, where she believed no one would disturb her. Not even the person who was using it before her had come back.

Akiko shrugged; that's the past and this is now. She could use this opportunity to ask what happened last night, maybe get an update on what happened to her apartment, and have some nice warm coffee to go with. With that thought in mind, she knocked on the door.

Brooklyn - Abandoned apt.

"Jesus christ!" If there was one thing that was safe to say, it's that Haylee was not expecting that guy to be sitting on the couch after she came back from the bathroom. "See? That's why you're Ghost boy. Holy fuck." She hissed with a hand on her chest, as if trying to stop her heart from beating itself out of her ribcage. A frown made it to her brow as she listened to the guy talking about the safe-house. Well, she wasn't exactly looking for peace, just for a safe place to rest, though a part of her was relieved for not having to socialize with other Unnaturals. Sometimes, too many of them were too absorbed in self-pity to be of any use, and if there was one thing that Haylee hated, it's self-pity.

The girl managed not to look too much taken aback by the
window flying open apparently by itself, though she couldn't help the little wince her body made. This guy was no one to be played around, it seemed like if he just wanted he could crush her with little to no effort. Haylee's power wasn't one of the most powerful, it was useful and interesting, however, heavily limited. But she would be damned if she let herself show just a tiny bit of fear to him, she was fucking Haylee, she did not show fear. Not now, not ever.

The red head scuffed a humorless laugh at the "little group" bit, though she didn't comment on that.
"I'm going, I'm going! Damn, couldn't you just, I don't know, open the window like a fucking normal person?" She said as she stepped out of the window, her eyes glued on it. Careful not to make too much noise, Haylee descended towards the ground through the fire-escape. "By the way, I never really got you name. I'm Heather." She lied without stopping her descent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Safehouse.

Sean looked back at Yolanda triedly, a somewhat smug look on his face, he then smiled and waved her over as to say that it was alright. The building felt comfortable despite how bare it was on the surface, Sean had nearly forgotten what it was like being relatively safe. Then lights were already out upon his arrival, he was told to find a bed and make himself at home. Sean blindly stumbled through the building completely exhausted, he didn't care where he ended up as long as it was a bed, soon enough he got his wish.

The room he choice was dark, he could juat barely make out the silhouette of two people a few beds apart in the dark, he slugishly walked over to an empty one and kicked his shoes off and removed his backpack. He slowly and quietly unzipped it and slid the gun he had in his waistband into it and then re-zipped it. Without removing his hoodie he plopped into bed and promtly passed out.

---

Safehouse - Morning.

Sean stirred lightly, coming into lucididty, but only just barely. He opened his eyes ever so slightly, just enough to see why was going on, he watched a woman leave the room from another bed, she looked familliar but in his current state he didn't realize it was the woman who was outside the station last night. Sean ignored it, he wasn't an early riser anyway and opted to sleep in a little longer. After an indeterminate amount of time Sean woke up to an empty room, he slowly sat up and looked around the room, he felt secure for the first time in years. He slipped his shoes on and stepped out of the room and was greeted by the smell of coffee and some unfamiliar faces. "Uh... hey, morning." Sean said groggily to no one in particular, he stood just outside the room with his hands jammed into the pockets of his hoodie unsure of what to do.

Dirk - Safe House - Morning

Maribeth was gone before Dirk had really registered what she and Julius had been talking about. He waved half-heartedly to her as she left, his mind a little too concerned with the fact that she probably wouldn't have waved if he'd been the only one there. He moved to take a seat at the table when another person walked in, his name... Faust? Fabio? God, Dirk was already having trouble with the amount of people here. He quickly dropped his gaze when Faust looked his way, so the blood on his shirt went unnoticed by Dirk for the moment.

At the table, Dirk held his head down, unsure if he was allowed to just... take whatever he wanted. He supposed he was, within reason. Oh god, they might think I eat a lot. He certainly couldn't go eating now and confirming their suspicions. He tried to look less small and diminutive to make up for it by adjusting in his seat and sitting up. He found his eye drawn toward the pot of coffee most everyone was taking from. Dirk hated coffee. Or, well, strongly disliked coffee. Hate was a pretty strong word, after all. Dirk was more of a tea kind of guy (required that said tea wasn't green and had sugar, at least).

But, of course, Dirk couldn't quite ask if there was any tea available for fear of coming off as... less than manly. Jesus, he was already the shortest guy in the room! He cleared his throat and got out of his seat to get himself a cup of the dreaded coffee when Nikolai alerted him to the presence of blood on Faust's shirt. This made Dirk pause and almost spill the coffee as he shakily clinked the pot and the mug together. He slammed the two items down on the counter and turned to look at the blood in question. "That's... interesting," Dirk said, not sure what else to say about it. Had there been a fight? Good god, Dirk was in no position to be fighting anything.

A knock at the door kept Dirk from having to pour himself some coffee for the moment, so he greedily took the opportunity to go for it. He opened the door to find a girl who he was thankful was shorter than he was. "Welcome!" he said, probably a bit too enthusiastically. He then turned to see another person come into the room and-- Damn it, he was tall too! "... And welcome to you as well!" Before he could be even more lame, Dirk took a seat all over again, his coffee adventure abandoned.

Julius - Safe House

Standing up, pushing his chair back deliberately to make noticeable noise, Julius gazed over those assembled in the room. They were a motley crew if he had ever seen one and he couldn't envisage that leading and guiding them would be a simple task, especially in his condition with Maribeth being the one who officially led them, but it was far better than being alone and that in itself gave him some comfort.

"The kettle is over there, some coffee in the pot. If that's not to your taste then there are tea bags and other such things in the cupboard above it. Bread and other breakfast supplies in the cupboard next to the sink. Take whatever you want, we may have to move around a lot so you all need to take advantage of the small luxuries while we have them." His speech finished, Julius walked from the room. Passing Faust he stopped and glanced pointedly at the blood on the man's clothes.

"Fighting experience or no, it looks like you still got your hands dirty. I would have thought you'd use your power better for stealth, a shame." He smiled knowingly, having observed the fight from his pre-sleep observations on the rooftop. The mild reproof given, he left and let the woman standing outside in.

"Join the others, there's food and drink over there. It's basic fare but far better than nothing. I'll be back shortly." His room, which no one had decided to help occupy, was one of the closest to the conference room. After shutting and locking the door behind him, he found his bag and retrieved a dusty old prepaid phone from inside and found the contact he was looking to call. Just before the call connected he circled the air in the room to give himself a little privacy from anyone looking to listen in.

"Salisbury Empowered District Hospital, Downton Ward."

"Hello. Is that Christina? Yes, that's me. How're you? Good, good. Is he free? Yes, if you could." There was a pause as the phone was handed over and he waited patiently until the person he wanted to speak to picked up on the other end. "Hey, Bryan. How're you feeling?"

Safehouse, Brooklyn, New York

"Welcome!"

The door was opened by a thick boy who greeted her very enthusiastically. She half wondered if he was part of the group who came last night. Another guy suddenly appeared, greeting the two before heading inside himself. The first boy suddenly seemed with drawn and went back to his seat, plopping down and staring intently at the table. Akiko's lips upturned a little before wiping her smirk off.

"Join the others, there's food and drink over there. It's basic fare but far better than nothing. I'll be back shortly," said the man from yesterday who had left so suddenly. Apparently he was leaving again, towards some other room.

"Thank you," she said. Akiko decided he was the one in charge of everything here, which was good since she was hoping to ask him some questions. Too bad he was leaving again, maybe when he comes back. Akiko hoped he wouldn't be out too long.

Akiko walked into the room. There were already a bunch of people here, so many Unnaturals in one tiny space. She recognized the man who let her choose her place to stay for the night. He had blood all over his shirt, making even more curious as to what happened last night. She went straight for the coffee machine, pouring herself a mug and mixing some milk and sugar to go with. She took one sip, savoring the burning warmth traveling down her throat. She grabbed a bagel off the toaster to eat.

"Hey, you're gonna burn a hole in that table if you keep glaring at it like that," she said, tapping the shoulder of boy who had opened the door for her earlier. "Eat something too, it's free, the guy said so."

Maribeth - Brooklyn

As Maribeth walked, she looked down at her hands that were now pale. Sure, her skin tone was quiet fair, but this was legitimately the palest she had ever seen her hands. She should have worn gloves. Sighing, she shoved her hands in her pockets and began to look up. She should have known something would have happened with her eyes down to the ground. She had ran into someone, or rather, someone had ran in to her, and it was hard enough to have her take an involuntary step back to steady herself. She looked up at the young man in front of her apologizing and smiled, making a small mental note at how if this would have happened a few months back, she would have easily snapped.

"No need to apologize. It was my fault too. I thought I had lost the blood flow to my hands."

Mari grinned and shrugged, but studied the guy carefully, to make sure he wasn't doing anything suspicious. "So far my only encounters have been with homeless people... You don't seem quite homeless. Are you lost?? Please say yes because that would make me feel a little bit less dumb. I've been wandering around trying to find my friend. I don't exactly know where he is either." After speaking, she wanted to face palm herself for forgetting to add her accent. It was the only thing that kept her from feeling completely out in the open. If certain people in the airport fell for it, then it would certainly keep her on the down low on the streets. After listening to the man's answer, she decided it wouldn't be too bad if she asked if he had seen Diego. Of course, she wouldn't be giving the name out, fearing that he might have made his name well known around the city. "You wouldn't have seen him, have you? He's about six foot , Hispanic, I think he was wearing a hoodie? Oh and, if you could please be a doll and tell me where I'm at? I think you owe me just a little after bumping into me." Mari gave the young man a warm and friendly smile, trying to get as much information out of him before leaving. She just wanted to find Diego and make sure he was alive. She didn't exactly want to go back to the crowded safe house but Julius needed her, so she'd have to find the right way to ask Diego if he was going back or not, that way she wouldn't waste her time, although it still worried her to death not knowing if he was alright or not.

A shrill, continuous whine bore into Nilin's skull like a drill and ripped the girl away from her dreamless slumber. Her answering groan was muffled as she pulled a pillow over her head and willed the incessant noise to stop, a futile attempt at best. After a few more seconds, she gave up with a heavy sigh and reached out to turn the alarm off. A glance at the clock told her that it was five minutes past seven, more than an hour later than she usually awoke. How she'd managed to sleep through the first alarm she had no idea but suspected that the previous nights events contributed to it. Dawn had been approaching by the time she fell into bed.

The sudden flux of new unnaturals in the neighborhood had been eventful, to say the least. Julius Ragnarson and his group brought with them more problems than most unnaturals combined. They were high profile targets, targets who didn't seem to understand the meaning of the words 'careful' or 'covert', if last night's helicopter incident was anything to go by. Even the thought of it brought forth the whispers of a headache as she recalled the trouble she'd had to go through to clean up after them. It was as if they were trying to see how much trouble they could get into. To make matters worse, she'd received word that the Fox was spotted in the area, something that caused her back to stiffen in alarm. His appearance foretold many things - none of them good. Nilin pinched the bridge of her nose and considered letting someone else handle it all, consequences be damned. Almost as soon as the thought had entered her mind, she brushed it away. No, it had to be her. Anyone else would just get it wrong.

Nilin ran her fingers through her inky black locks before stretching languidly and padding off to the bathroom. Fifteen or so minutes later she appeared dressed and feeling marginally better, though her mood was still nowhere near cheery. It was time to go check on Julius and his charges.

Safehouse - Brooklyn

Moments later, she ghosted into existence into the room she'd picked out for herself at the safehouse. She paid little heed to the drab and worn furnishings as she checked to see if anyone had been in there, moving on when it became clear that she'd received no visitors in her absence.

The sounds of chatter filled the previously empty and silent house, causing her to quirk a brow as she headed in the direction of the kitchen. They seemed to have acquired more people overnight, surprisingly enough. The smell of strong, freshly brewed coffee teasingly reminded her that she'd skipped breakfast as she stepped into a room full of unfamiliar faces save for one. "Good morning. Welcome to the safehouse. I see you're settling in just fine." Nilin's glacial eyes flickered over each of them, taking note of the blood decorating Faust's shirt without comment. She had more important things to do right now than find out what he'd been up to or gather more information about the newly gathered unnaturals.

"Do any of you happen to know where Mr.Ragnarson or Miss Wilson is?"

Status
Not open for further replies.