The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn - Abandoned Apt.

The boy's dark eyes regarded her from across the room, scanning her features with a slight tilt of his head. Something about her attitude was... intriguing. In a way, she really was like those cats outside. "Oh? It appears I've annoyed the cat-whisperer..." Atticus let out a dry laugh as he leaned against the wall and slid down into a sitting position with one arm falling protectively over the duffel bag, though he was just happy to be off his feet. Four years ago he would have shuddered at the thought of sitting on such filthy carpet, of spending time with such people, of being an unnatural, but now it didn't even phase him. After what those bastards had done to him in that facility, after the horrors he'd seen...

All Atticus felt was tired.

"So what were you doing out there, Heather?" His tone lightened considerably, becoming almost conversational in a way though it still held a bit of his normal, superior tone. "Don't you know there's a curfew in effect? There are a lot of dangerous... unnaturals out there." He flashed another smirk at the end, leaning his head back against the wall though his eyes never left her.

Haylee felt the boy's stare on her from across the room, which left her a little annoyed, though she did nothing to stop it. Upon hearing the other's comment she felt a smirk forming on her face, cat-whisperer resembled a lot the other name she was given at a city, a name she was pretty proud of. Beast Whisperer.

The girl heard the sound of someone sliding down a wall and the soft thump of weight on the floor, and then Atticus' voice coming from the same height as she was while laying on the sofa.

"I wouldn't be out if I couldn't protect myself against dangerous unnaturals." She said with a shrug, though her voice carried a clipped tone to it. She left out the part where she's new to the city and don't know shit about it, and what exactly she was doing at night. "What about you, Blake? What were you doing out there past curfew?" Haylee asked with fake innocence, turning to her side and leaning her body on her elbow, now staring at the other's eyes.

Diego stayed quiet as he followed the two through the building. The young man floated along while the other two in his party squished along the wet and moldy carpet. There was a small smile on his face, but because the place was so dark, they two wouldn't have been able to see if it they tried. It didn't take long for Blake to find a door to a likely temporary home. Of course, it was locked, but apparently, that wasn't going to stop the guy from going in.

He stared in amazement (although he didn't show it) at Blake's power. It was something he hadn't seen before, in any city that he had visited. The way his blood crept out of his body like a couple of alien-like tendrils was astounding. It was a power Diego was definitely interested in copying.

Soon enough, the door to the apartment was opened, and he frowned at the emerging smell. Unlike the other two, he was used to horrible smells. Being on the run in different war-torn cities for almost a year meant that he had run into plenty of decaying bodies not picked up by the sanitation department. Besides, he had burned people alive. That was never a good smell, either.

"Nice job, Blake," he said as he floated up to, and patted, the gagging boy on the shoulder. Maybe next time, we won't be opening the locked doors."

He floated back with another smile and waited for the other two to proceed before following slowly, scanning behind them every so often.

Once a room was found, Diego waited until the two had found their respective places to stay before floating back to the door and slowly opening it.

"Alright you two," he said with a small chuckle. "I can see that there is some definite chemistry here. I'll let you two love birds have fun. If you need me, I'll be outside, or down in the lobby. I'll be back later on tonight to check up on you guys. Don't worry about having to take turns keeping watch. I don't sleep much in the first place, and on top of that, I am an extremely light sleeper. Remember, wear protection. Last thing you want is an STD, or worse."

Diego laughed and shut the door behind him, floating through the hall to the emergency stairs, then down to the lobby.

Once in the lobby, Diego made his way to the night guard's desk and took a seat in the chair. It was surprisingly comfortable, and for the first time in a long while, he actually felt comforted by where he was. Sure, the night police were ramping up their search, but it would still take them forever to find them in this building. Even if they did, Diego would still be formidable enough to at least cut their numbers in half, giving the other two more than enough time to run. As he sat scanning the lobby, a wave of sleepiness crashed into him. He sighed and closed his eyes. One little nap couldn't hurt…

All around Diego was fire. All the nearest exits that he had found had collapsed in on himself. He was trapped. It had been a tactic by the night police in order to flush out all the unnaturals in the safe house. He turned the corner into another hallway and stopped dead in his tracks.

A boy, not even twelve, was on the ground. Half of his body was charred black now. The other half covered with bubbles as his skin charred or melted away. His barely unrecognizable face was twisted into a pained expression; his eyes wide, his mouth open, as if he had been screaming. Diego pushed on, fighting back the urge to empty the contents of his stomach right then and there. After a couple of steps, there was an audible crack, and Diego looked up just to see a beam slam into his head.

When Diego awoke, he was out of the house. His hands were above his head, and he was being dragged along an alleyway of downtown Los Angeles. He looked up to see Hank, a pyro. There was a small smile on his face and he opened his mouth to say something.

"Sh," Hank said. "Don't say anything. I don't think they're following us. Stay quiet."

Moments later, a single gun-shot rang out, and Diego was sprayed with the blood of his friend.

Diego bolted upright, both hands engulfed in flames. He was breathing heavily. He scanned the room three times, then slumped back into the chair when he knew the coast was clear. A small sigh escaped his lips, and he slowly stood up. It hadn't been too long since he had left the room, but it wouldn't hurt anyone to go check on the two again. With a sigh, Diego stood and made his way towards the fire escape.

• Love
Reactions: Lilium
Alexis was gone just as soon as she arrived. Though foot steps caught his attention as he looked looked over hearing Mari before he saw her as she joined their little group. As she spoke he looked at her a little surprised by her lack of knowledge. "Somebody must be new to the states" he said smiling "The government sends out teams hunt us down. Delta Squads as well as brainwashed empowered, Assembled based on their powers so that they complement each other. They are highly trained and skilled, and won't hesitate to kill" He looked to each of them and wasn't exactly filled with confidence. "I wouldn't recommend hesitating to pull the trigger" he finished off.

He smiled a little looking at her "don't worry though, I'll keep ya safe" he said throwing her a little wink before looking at the others "and of course you as well" he thought for moment that he would have to talk to Julius. He would feel better if these people knew how to fight. If he was going to be stuck with them he didn't want them to be what gets him killed.
Finally his phone started ringing as Faust looked down pulling out that burner " Sorry I have to take this, He turned and walked into another room answering it "what Is it Jeramy" he said turning and walking into another room.

"there is a shock squad heading your way, They are chasing a man and a woman. I got them right before they headed into the woods on some street cameras"
"Let the fun begin" he said smiling and stepping back out to the group. "Well I fear I must be off. There is a little party I need to get too" He had a real smile on his face not one of the little fake ones he normally throws on. Turning aways he headed down stairs before breaking out into a sprint He flew past Alexis, "Excuse me sparky" runnin through the woods. He muted his sounds so nobody would hear him. He soon was coming up on the male and girl, Sean and Yolanda. "hello, there My name is Faust, If you want to live I would suggest making your way to her" He said pointing to Alexis "now I am terribly bored and need to kill Something" he said before turning his head hearing the soldiers "ah seems like my party is arriving." he said smiling still and moving into the woods. He was somewhat looking forward to this.

The team was sweeping through the woods looking for the young couple that ran off. They moved in a tactical formation sweeping through the woods and covering each other so that it would be hard to sneak up on them. Separated into teams of four they seemed to be going all out for this. Even keeping in regular radio checks.

As they swept the lead of the group held up his hand in halt "we have movement" he looked over and went to speak. Only as he went to shout no sound came out. Shocked by this he went to shout against then rose his hand up as the team went low sweeping the area. Suddenly a deafening sound erupted as they cried out holding their ears. Faust struck fast, moving out from behind them his arm swung around as a loud bass sound flew out striking a member of the team sending him flying through the air. Getting closer one raised his gone has faust caught it, bringing his fist up he punched him in the jaw. Another bass drop as he was lifted off the air, his head jerking as his neck snapped and he spat out blood as the sound waves ripped his neck some as well. Taking that gun he swung it round squeezing the trigger dropping two more. All of the sound never escaped a few feet away from him.

Reaching down he pulled the head set off hearing for a radio check, He had heard the previous one and responded "Team three, all clear" his voice sounded just like that of the leader as he looked around. Soon another voice came over "all teams pull back, We have a HVT nearby." Faust chuckled some. "Good job Jeremy" he said lowering the gun in his hands as he reached down pulling out some extra mags and pushing them into his pocket. He kept the radio as he wided his face smearing some of the blood that splattered when he punched the soldier who so kindly offered up his weapon.

Walking back to the apartment he was always off from them as he laughed 'ahh this should be a fun job" he said walking off.

Welcome to the jungle
We've got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey
We got your disease

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed
He sung on his way back to the safe house kind of pleased that he was able to get out some frustration that this job was causing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maribeth - Safe House - Brooklyn

Maribeth crossed her eyes as she heard Faust speak, an eyebrow raising as he made a certain comment. She said nothing as he winked and ran off and rolled her eyes once he was gone. "Child..." She nearly scoffed and took a look at the newcomers, offering them a warm and friendly smile. "I'm so glad you all have found a way to get here. Please, I know it's not much, but make yourself at home. I'm sure Alexis already filled you in as to where things were? The bedding in the cupboard right over there, the rooms with plenty of twin sized beds in them, there's dry food and bread and such in the other cupboards. Um..... What else?" She looked around to make sure she didn't miss anything, wondering how Julius did it when it came to aiding others. Her mind flashed back to the young man that had ran in to her in the woods while jogging and recalled that he helped others like her. She'd have to meet him in the woods again and go with him to see how he did it. "Yeah, I think that's all for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, or Julius. Diego, as you heard, isn't here at the moment. Hopefully he'll come back soon though. And safely." She smiled at them once more before freezing for half a second. The faint knocking coming from the lowest level of the building send a wave of fear through her and it was quite visible in her face as she looked at the others. "Stay here, and stay quiet. If it's the officials, you'll know. I'll make sure of it. There's a window in the room I'm staying in, it's the first door to the right once you turn the corner."

After warning the others and explaining to them what to do, she made her way down the stairs, floating effortlessly every now and then, taking a few steps at a time. Once she reached the lowest level, she walked quietly to the door, taking a few deep breaths to calm her heart. She knew if it were the police, that they'd identify her immediately because she didn't look like a homeless person, dressed decently in her heeled boots, skinny jeans and fitted black, long sleeved shirt. Taking one more deep breath she reached for the door and opened it slowly, making sure she saw who ever was outside before they saw her. So far, the young man seemed rather harmless. Just another ordinary guy like the ones that she had met so far. "May I help you?" Her voice was once again disguised with the perfect Italian accent that she had worked on in her time over seas. "Are you lost?" She feigned her innocence as well as she could and scanned the area around him briefly, looking back at him afterwards and giving him a cautious smile.

Nikolai- Safe House- Brooklyn

Nikolai sat there waiting for a bit and heard the occasional patter of footsteps through the door, he was prepared for a little girl by how the steps sounded but was slightly suprised to see a grown woman in the door when it swung open. She had an Italian accent, or perhaps Spanish, Nikolai never quite knew the difference. He smirked when she asked if he was lost and held out the piece of paper in between his fingers. He made sure his claws were visible and grew them out some, he cracked his neck and extended his canines so that she could understand he was a unnatural.

"Friend recommended this place," Nikolai said his accent ever present, "Told it was a safetyhouse for people like me."

He grew uneasy standing in the doorway but didnt show it, if this woman wasnt really who he had expected he was ready to draw his pistol. He knew he was faster than her, he was faster than any normal, but if she was an unnatural then he wouldnt need to. He decided to go ahead and figure it out.

"So what you do?" He said trying to form the proper sentence. He knew it would come out either jumbled or with a bit missing but he figured the woman would get his point.

Maribeth - Safehouse - Brooklyn

Maribeth's eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she took the paper from the young man, making note of his claws, and read it, looking back up after a second. Her eyes widened as she saw the canines grown and beamed a smile at him in fascination. "Come in."

She waited patiently as he came inside and closed the door quietly behind them, making sure it was locked and secure. Turning back around to the young man, she effortlessly lifted herself off of the ground and floated a bit higher, to match his height. "Telekinetic. Not as impressive as you, though." She smiled and gestured for him to follow her, floating back down to the floor and walking to the stairs. "My name is Maribeth, you may call me Mari, if you'd like.... I'm also not Italian." She laughed a bit, quietly, as her accent turned off like a light switch. "The others are upstairs. Would you like to go meet them, or do you have any questions for me?"

Nikolai-SafeHouse-Brooklyn

"Few," Nikolai said walking around and watching the ground under her floating feet, he was mesmerized momentarily. He didnt see very many unnaturals like this and it was indeed a fascinating sight.

"How many others? How safe are we? And does anyone other than us know this place?" He said a cold look on his face. He gave her time to answer and then with a smirk continued.

"Last question," He said a broad smile on his face, "Are you single?"

Maribeth bit her lip, not really knowing the answer to the first question. She had just gotten back and hadn't really taken the time to do a head count. Julius was by far way better at this than she was. She tried to keep a professional air about her but instead she just acted like in she knew the guy for years and shrugged nonchalantly. "I'd say that there's a good seven or eight of us at the moment. Ten at the most although I haven't really been keeping up with them. I had to go out and..... make a quick errand run. So I just got back myself. We're safer than you'd think. This building was opened to us and won't be getting raided any time soon." She smiled and took a step up on the stairs to be a bit taller, leaning on the handrail. "As for the other question, let's just say only the ones needing refuge know about this place." She kept it rather vague due to the fact that she didn't know how many people knew about the safe house. Word could have been spread all over Manhattan for all she knew. At the sound of his next question, Maribeth simply laughed and rolled her eyes, "Come on. We should get you settled in. The sooner I get all of you even the slightest bit comfortable with each other, the better. If you don't get along with anyone you can just stick with me. I'm not that boring. Oh and, your name, please?" With a grin, she turned and began making her way up the stairs floating up a few every now and then, waiting for the young man to give her his name.

Nikolai-SafeHouse-Brooklyn

He nodded at all of her answers and when she rolled her eyes at the last one he couldnt help but grin, he followed her up the stairs and spoke a short sentence in Russian, 'When in Rome'.

"I am called Nikolai Darvo Luzchezke," He said with a grin tracing his fingers along the stair railing, "From Derkov, Russia. And you would be?"

He liked this girl, she seemed good hearted enough as could be expected with someone who was running a safehouse and just met a potentially dangerous unnatural with powers far different from her own. He thought about meeting the others and his claws grew involuntarily, what if he had to prove himself. Or had to show his prowess and that he meant business, what would even happen. What if one of these kids had a bad temper and could tear the place apart with his mind.

As the two made their way up the stairs, Maribeth kept up a small conversation with the Nikolai, trying to make his transition into a room full of strangers smooth. Especially since she, herself, didn't know what the new people were capable of. Up until now she had yet to meet anyone with abilities as developed as her. Now she feared that the others could stronger or just as strong.

"Nikolai, huh? From Russia? That's pretty cool. Mind if I call you Nick? It can stay between us like old friends. You can call me Mari, and I'll call you Nick." She glanced at him and smiled, going up the next flight of stairs. "I wish I could tell you how the others are, but I don't even know them myself. They seem to be somewhat comfortable with each other, and no one has yet to test me so you should be good."

Once they made it to the third floor, Mari opened the door to where the others were staying and smiled, hoping to relieve the others. "The cupboard there had bedding and sleeping bags, whichever you prefer. There's plenty of beds within the rooms. Those cupboards have food and such. Um.. I'll let you get settled. If you have any questions, I'll be right here." She pointed at the areas she had talked about and turned on her heel, when she had finished, to face him.

Sean folded slightly upon being jabbed by Yolanda, he shot her a quick confused look, then she gave him her reasoning. He would admit that it was not the most tactful approach he could have made, but he would never admit it out loud. Before he could say anything more a man popped out of the house, made a small greeting and left, moments later distant yells and gunshots faded into the night. He looked back at Yolanda and shrugged, he recognized the man, as he was the one at the bus stop earlier who followed the other two people. Sean didn't feel like dwelling on it, sleep sounded better than talking.

Sean walked up to the girl at the door "I'm guessing this is the place?" He said, sounding very sure of himself. Sean looked like he needed a nap, more so than he normally did anyway.

Brooklyn - Bed Stuy - Abandoned Apt.
Atticus rolled his eyes at Diego, brushing off the absurd remark of him and Heather being a couple with a dismissive wave of his hand. Noticing that the large cut he'd made there had nearly clotted, the young man willed the wound to open slightly, drawing forth two tiny tentacles of blood and making them dance and twist in his palm. "My father..." He started to answer, venom dripping from the word. "Let's just say he thought I needed a bit of exercise and tossed me out of my apartment." The mere thought of the man was enough to make the blood in his palm twitch erratically though he maintained a bitter smile. "He even had the decency to send a few men with guns as motivation. Too bad for them, I guess... You saw there wasn't much left after that guy got ahold of them."

Closing his fingers into a fist, the red liquid dripped through his fingers, though he didn't much care if it fell onto the carpet; just a few more dark stains among many. When he opened his palm again the wound hand healed, or at least it had closed and was nothing more than a stained white mark across his palm. Within a day it will have completely vanished, leaving his hand good as new. "So how long have been talking to cats?" In an instant he was back to his typical sarcasm, the anger slipping deep inside a mask of indifference. "And do they talk back or are you sorta like one of those older women who never had kids?"

"P-please don't! PLEASE!" The girl sobbed as the gurney rolled through the large double doors which two hulking men with machine guns promptly closed. The thick leather straps around her wrists and ankles were so tight that they left bright red marks on her pale skin though she had far to little energy to struggle against them. Her tear-streaked face looked from one white-clad man to the other but neither achnowledged her existence as they pulled the steel gurney beneath the large sterile lights and locked it in position. "I j-just wanted to be cured! I just... wanted to b-be cured!" The sobbing wracked her chest as her lungs screamed for air, her head rolling from side to side against the cold metal, but no one in the room responded.

"Subject 262." One man's curt, emotionless voice spoke but only for the sake of the recording being made on a nearby computer. Two nurses moved around him as they prepared his sterile white gown, the kind used by surgeons in hospital operating rooms. Holding up a large PDA in a rubber-gloved hand, he read off the girl's file. "Subject suffers minimal bleeding from puncture wounds. Grains of sand appear to almost completely seal incisions made by smooth scalpel and surgical saw. Amputation of right arm resulted in the removed limp 'disintegrating' into sand. After two weeks, limb appears to have reformed overnight. Subject insists she managed it herself. Electrical stimulation appears to cause the subject a unusually high level of pain. Areas in contact with the electrical nodes appear to have completely 'disintegrated'. Subject struggled against further restraint and was denied full-anesthesia for following procedure. Subsequent removal of both the left and right arm resulted in limbs reforming about three hours after subject regained consciousness. Subject becoming more violent, lashing out at House staff. Recently attempted an escape by... sliding through the cracks of her cell door. Behavioral treatment appears to have failed. Authorization for level 4 treatments has been cleared." The girl's begging continued to gain pitch as the doctor spoke, her words echoing futilely around the windowless room. Handing the PDA off to the nurse, the doctor turned as the double doors were opened once again to allow a new man to enter, one similarly clad in surgical gear, flanked by two large orderlies; one carrying several thick electrical cables attached to a large box. Upon seeing the device, the girl was whipped into a screaming frenzy; her restraint-clad arms and feet banging against gurney in a desperation. The doctor continued without a beat. "Visiting Head of 'The Project', Dr. Wilson, will be overseeing today's full-body operation. Thank you, doctor."

"Not that! NOT THAT!" The girl wailed, wide grey-blue eyes never leaving the device. "Please! I'll be good! I'LL BE GOOD! Just don't do it again! Don't do it to me again!"

"Yes." Dr. Wilson muttered, his gaze lingering on the girl with the look a scientist would give a lab-rat. "Let's begin." With a wave of his hand, the men moved around the struggling girl and began attaching the cables to various parts of her body, about a dozen in all. "Fully body application should yield some very interesting results."

"No! No! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!" As the device was turned on and the electricity coursed through her body, her shrieking reached a climax as it felt like every cell was on fire; an instant of such intense agony that it could have felt it lasted hours. Within 5 seconds Dr. Wilson waved his hand again and the device was quickly shut off. Stepping up to the gurney he reached a gloved hand down into the pile of fine white sand that was all that was left of her, his eyes watched as the stream of grains slip through his fingers.

"Fascinating."

Brooklyn - Downtown - Train Station (Present Day)
With the reports of Unnatural presence confirmed, the so called 'big guns' of the NSB were brought to bare and they would be used for a single, unwavering purpose: to capture every Unnatural possible and to kill any that resist. As Team Delta fanned out around the surrounding area, looking for the Empowered who had just escaped their grasp, another black unmarked van ground to a halt just in front of the train station. The front doors swung open and two black suits jumped out, each quickly taking in the situation before moving to the van's middle doors and opening them soundlessly.

One pair of pristine black flats and a one pair of ratty stained tennis shoes stepped out onto the pavement.

"Are they here, sister? Can we finally have some fun!?" The sandy-blonde haired girl with the worn out shoes and the gaunt, pail features whined as her sunken grey-blue eyes twitched about the surrounding buildings, hands opening and closing repeatedly as if her body contained too much energy to handle. "They're here! They must be here!" Spinning around to the other side of the car, she tugged at the neck of her pastel green blouse as she fell against the second girl with a pleading look.

"Control yourself, Tori." The one in the black flats straightened as her sister flung herself upon her, lips drawing into a thin line before brushing the girl aside with a stony look. One thin-fingered hand adjusted the square professional-looking glasses that rested on the bridge of her nose while the other pulled the wrinkles from the jacket of her plain black pantsuit. "We must first take in the situation and then wait for the proper authorization."

Tori's gaze turned to one of pure admiration as her posture suddenly slackened, arms wrapping gently around the waist of her sister while her cheek rested on her shoulder. "Let's kill them, Tanya... I'll kill them all and you'll be so proud of me! Then we can finally go back to mom and dad and you can tell them what a good job we did and they'll be so happy! I'll just cut them into tiny bits and-..."

"Shush, Tori." Tanya snapped, lifting her sister from her shoulder and looking her straight in the eyes. "Remember you're not to kill anyone until we get the authorization! I won't tolerate another mistake! Now stop this silly talk while I find the captain."

The younger sister's head bobbed up and down rapidly, eyes blinking far more than was normal. "Yes. Yes! I'll be good! I promised I would be good and I. Will. Be. Good!" Wrapping one hand around the other, Tori bit down hard on the knuckle of her first finger as if it was the only thing keeping her from another outburst.

Satisfied her sister would obey, Tanya scanned the immediate area and nearly stepped back in surprise when her eyes fell on the older man sitting on a bench beside the station. "Mr. Finch! Sir, I had no idea you were leading this operation." She nodded deeply at the leader of all the NSB, completely caught off guard by his presence there and silently cursing herself for not knowing to expect him. Tori followed on her heels like a puppy, nervously peeking around her sister's shoulder with a hand still in her mouth. "Jaeger Team Olivine reporting for duty, sir."

• Love
Reactions: Lilium
Haylee only flashed the finger to Diego after the remark of her and Blake being a couple, which was absurd. She listened as the other told her what happened to him, her eyes staring at the blood seemingly dancing on his hand. She would never admit it out loud, but the guy's power had a certain beauty to it, it was interesting to say the least.

She hummed in acknowledgement. "Well, that sucks." She whispered, and for the first time her voice was free of any sarcasm. The girl slightly turned her head to look at the guy at the fire-escape, narrowing her eyes. If what happened at that alley was that guy's job, she would have to be careful, her power wasn't exactly the best for face to face combat, animals were agile but fragile. And since there was no zoo close by she would have to content herself with small creatures.

A male's voice pulled her out of her thoughts turning her glance towards Blake once again, annoyance soon taking over her features. However, annoyance quickly became amusement as Haylee's eyes gleamed a bright shade of green, making them stand out in the darkness, almost like two supernatural green orbs among the black. They quickly darted towards every corner of the ceiling, before locking themselves on the guy's eyes.

"Actually, Vampire-boy, cats aren't the only animals I talk to." In the blink of an eye, dozens of spiders descended apparently out of nowhere, landing right in front of the guy's feet. "Don't worry, they're harmless." She said as one of them strolled towards her, climbing the sofa to get to her. "And yes, they do talk back." With a wave of her free hand, all of the spiders went away, crawling back to their own holes and webs. She carefully caressed the spider she was holding, a smirk decorating her face as she intensely watched the other's face.

Brooklyn - Bed Stuy - Abandoned Apt.
Well that's new... Atticus thought as Heather's eyes took on a sort of supernatural gleam. He hadn't spent time around a single Unnatural since escaping from the research facility that had held him captive and it was a curious feeling, always expecting some weird new physics-bending power. Still, the girl seemed pleasant enough and not nearly as dangerous as Diego; Atticus knew he could never let his guard down around that one, he sensed the guy could fly off the rails at any moment. It was Unnaturals like him that made Atticus avoid his 'kind', monsters who were too drunk on their own power to handle a situation with care or finesse. It was their fault Atticus couldn't just walk into his father's office and put a spike through the man's throat. The security around him was the best that money could buy and no one, not even the strongest Unnatural, could hope to get close without his permission.

But Atticus would find a way.

After glancing all around the room Heather refocused on him, her green orbs meeting his black ones, and the young man was fine to meet her gaze. That is, he was fine until a few dozen large spiders threaded down through his vision. Atticus's breath hissed through his teeth as he drew back in alarm, eyeing the sudden ambush of spiders in alarm. He wasn't afraid of spiders in any sense, but there was something particularly unnerving about seeing so many of them at once, and so coordinated. "I'm sure spiders and cats provide such interesting conversation..." The young man muttered dryly, not really appreciating the enjoyment Heather was clearly getting from his surprise.​

Rocky Avenue Station - Finch
Finch lurched and flopped to the ground as he traded place with Sean and Yolanda.

His normally fine suit was scuffed and dusty from where he had fallen.

As he began to pick himself up off the ground he heard a voice yell at him. Finch jumped like a freightened rabbit as he whirled around to face the voice.

It was a Jaeger team.... Finch eyed the blond haired girl who looked to be on the verge of a mental breakdown.
"Mr. Finch! Sir, I had no idea you were leading this operation."

"Jaeger Team Olivine reporting for duty, sir." - The more sane looking girl said.
Finch scoffed for a moment as he tried to think of something to say.

"I'm not leading the operation merely observing it. I'm sorry I don't have much time to talk right now my phone was stolen. I don't suppose you have one in your vehicle?" Finch said slightly quicker than the well versed man normally spoke.

He was not comfortable around these women. But alas he had to make a call to a very important man.

Safe House - Alexis

"By place I'm guessing you mean safe location from the squads slaughtering our kind out there?" Alexis asked mildly with a raised eyebrow, seeing through his façade with casual ease. "Come, I'll take you and your friend up. We need to get the lights out." She placed a hand on one shoulder each and disassembled their bodies at the molecular level, reassembling them twice, once on the stairs halfway up the building, and the other on the main floor occupied by the group three stories up. The process had taken mere seconds but was disconcerting to those not used to it; not quite teleporting but close enough without being the sole proponent of her power.

"There's bedding in that room there, in the cupboards." She told the two before raising her voice so that everyone could hear. "Draw your black out curtains if you're keeping a light on! We don't want any attention." The Night Police were out in force now and a formerly abandoned building with lights showing in multiple windows would be an attraction they could not ignore; especially since the building was not fully in Syndicate territory and would cost relatively little to investigate.

"Keep noise to a low level and get some rest. You never know when you might not be able to." She did not need to explain; all of them would have been on the run at some point and sleep was hard to come by under those circumstances. Not that Alexis needed sleep but very few Empowered could effect the same changes to one's brain and body as she could with a few minor electrical signals. Nodding to the two new arrivals she turned away and disappeared in another shower of sparks, gone from the building and returning to England and her partner.

------------------------

Julius - Safe House - Morning

The first rays of the sun were barely appearing on the horizon when Julius was sitting in the communal conference room with a fresh cup of tea and a slice of toast before him. His laptop was open in front of him, communicating by heavily encrypted channels to various contacts around the world. The coded language they used was known only to them and impossible to decipher without a the key, making the encryption virtually pointless. Still, it was fun to lead the intelligence services on a wild goose chase.

He could hear a few people stirring slightly in the building as their sleep cycles came to an end. Many would be slipping in and out of sleep for some time; their patterns completely ruined by successive nights on the run with nowhere safe to rest.

The first step on the journey. Sleep while you can.

Brooklyn - Abandoned Apt. - Night time
Haylee chuckled in amusement. "Oh, you would be surprised." She said in a surprisingly pleasant voice, her eyes now watching the spider crawl away from her hand and climbing the wall towards the ceiling. As she stared at the little arachnid, she didn't notice the smirk being replaced by a warm smile, as if the insect was one of the most important things to her.

Realizing her mistake, the gentle features hardened on her face, even the smirk was absent. She stretched once again on the sofa, while making a high squealing noise.

"Anyway, we should rest. Ghost-boy already said he would keep watch and, contrary to him, I do require sleep." The girl lay on her side, turning her back to Blake. "I keep the sofa. There must be a bed somewhere around here, just don't get sick with all of the dust." Her voice was now heavy, tired. She spoke lazily, not really caring if the other understood her muffled voice at all. "G' night."

Brooklyn - Downtown (Night)
Tanya blinked in surprise at Mr. Finch's unusual behavior. It appeared he was having a rather poor night so the girl quickly reached into her own pocket and produced a top-of-the-line smartphone, handing it to the man. "Of course, sir. You can use mine. It is a company phone, sir, so I'll just request another one after tonight's operations."

At that moment, the head of delta-squad approached in full combat gear and pulled down his black face-mask, revealing his grizzled features. "Jaegers! We encountered a few Unnaturals here at the station but they escaped. We tracked them a ways to the east but the devices lost the trail at the edge of Bed Stuy. We just got word to return to normal night operations."

"Aw man..." Tori groaned until a glare from her sister cut her off with a squeak. "Thank you, sergeant." She said with a curt nod. It looked like Tori wouldn't get her 'fun' after all.

Brooklyn - Abandoned Apt. (Night)
Atticus said nothing more as Heather rolled over, his dark eyes falling to his open palms and his mind lost in thought. After a time he did rise to his feet, grabbing the duffel-bag to move to the next room. Closing the door behind him he locked it out of habit, though he doubted the thin wood would do much to stop anyone from getting in. Sure enough, there was a worn, stained mattress on the floor. He absently wondered what had happened to the bedframe, if there ever was one, as he smacked it a few times and grimaced at the cloud of dust that exploded into the air. Too tired to care, Atticus dropped the duffel and used it as a pillow, his coat a blanket, and slipped into a light, restless sleep.

Maribeth - Safe House - Night time

After taking Nikolai upstairs to meet the others, Maribeth sat down at a table and answered whatever questions the others had, as well as keeping a close eye just in case anything broke out. She had stayed quiet as Alexis practically scolded everyone and rushed them to their beds as if they were children. She bit her lip in order not to laugh and looked away. Even though she knew Alexis wouldn't have gotten mad, Maribeth knew better than to try her.

"Well... you guys heard her. I hope you all get a good night's sleep. I know I will. If you need anything, feel free to come to me and wake me up.... But a word of advice..... be careful how you wake me up." She smiled as she turned around, walking off to the room she had chosen. There were more than five other beds in there along with a desk, so she knew she'd be getting some 'roommates' but by now she didn't care. All she wanted was to be unconscious. She took no time to take off her heeled boots and get in her bed. The faster she went to sleep meant she would get at least another minute more of sleep.

Safe House - Morning

The night hadn't been too bad. She had only woken up a few times to check the windows or to make sure no one had arrived afterwards. She had been woken up just a couple of times but couldn't remember what for or by who, having gotten up more asleep than awake.

Maribeth stayed in bed staring at the ceiling. She had fallen asleep before the others picked their rooms, so if anyone had slept in the same room as her, she was oblivious to it. She already knew Julius would be awake. It was quite like him to be up and about and on the move. Always keeping himself busy. She'd have to learn a thing or two from him if she wanted to stay on top of the game. With a yawn, she sat up and looked around before sliding out of bed and floating to her handbag. She didn't feel like putting her boots on and she wasn't about to step on the floor, so she floated around doing her morning rituals before brushing her hair and floating out to the kitchen where Julius sat on the table. "Morning." She smiled at him and decided to follow his lead, getting herself a cup of hot tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.