The Uprising

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean had gone out that day but unfortunately he barely remembered it, he decided to get drunk almost right off the bat, and he wasn't sure if anyone had even come with him or even what they did. He woke up with a headache he didn't bother to look at his watch, the sun was down so he had slept through most the day. He heard a few voices in the main room, so it couldn't have been too late. Sean left his room, finally sans his hoodie, his shirt read 'I'm home Take me Drunk' in big white letters.

An aspirin or three sounded pretty good at the moment without thinking he walked up the girl who was sitting at the couch, in his hungover state he didn't connect the dots as to who it was. "Hey do you know if they keep some aspirin around here?" He said groggily to the girl on the couch

Julius - Safe House - Night

Some basic instinct, some product of evolution echoing back to Neanderthal times, had kept Julius awake all night. He had dismissed the notion that his amygdale was sensing danger; there had been no signs that day either through the presence or absence of certain events. This was just a pure, gut feeling. Still, it had kept him awake and in the days they lived in, it was no bad thing to trust one's instincts when it came to imminent danger. When Maribeth returned, later than he had expected, he smiled but with his mind elsewhere.

"Hm, what? Oh, hello and welcome. There should be some spare rooms somewhere on this level so make yourselves at home. Well, as much as possible, I'm afraid it's fairly rudimentary but safety is more important than a comfy bed." He nodded to them in both acknowledgement and farewell before deciding to head up the roof. He could better monitor the world around them from the open air where he could more easily interact with the air. Pushing open the door he limped over to a spot he had found the previous night which had proven vaguely comfortable. With a sigh he lowered himself down and closed his eyes, focusing on his power and 'seeing' through the air currents and all they touched.

Around them all seemed well so he stretched out further, beyond the 'No-Man's' land and into the state-controlled areas. An unusually high level of security caught his attention but it was the presence of multiple helicopter gunships and vehicles that worried him. He knew the design of those ground vehicles too.

"I thought they'd take a bit longer to bring those back again."

He stood and returned to the door leading back inside the building, casting a last glance over towards where the security forces were massing. There was, of course, no guarantee that they were headed towards the safe house but, then again, neither was a guarantee that they were not. Julius turned and headed down the stairs, back to the main floor, with as much speed but as little haste as possible; he did not want to alarm anyone but time was also of the essence. It took him little time to find Maribeth, where she had been when he left minutes before. He approached and leant down so that they could speak fairly privately.

"Come up to the roof, need to show you something. Oh, and bring a drink or something. Make it casual." Having delivered his message/instruction, Julius followed his own orders and fetched himself a cup of tea. Nonchalantly letting it brew, podging the bag with a spoon until he was satisfied, he waited until it was a decent colour before removing the tea bag, adding milk and then taking his beverage back up to the rooftop to await Maribeth.

Maribeth - Safe House - Brooklyn

23:00

After sitting for some time on the couch, quietly trying to sort through her latent ability, Maribeth had finally given up trying to find the 'on and off' switch and decided to give it a new approach. Rather than trying it to force it off, she began to try and understand it. Maybe if she paid a little more attention to what exactly the voices said and where they came from, she could learn how to ignore them, per say.
Being deep in thought, she hadn't noticed the young man that had came and sat with her on the couch. She only noticed him when she had looked up to take a break from her thinking. "Oh. Hi." Mari smiled at him and noticed that his face rung a bell. Why was it so familiar? Before she could answer his question, Julius walked up behind the couch the pair was sitting on and Mari's smile fell a little, as she intently listened to what Julius practically whispered in her ear.

She nodded once and turned to look back at the young man that had asked about the aspirin. "Come. I'll show you where it is." Maribeth smiled and pushed herself off of the couch, floating away to the cabinet where they kept the first aid kit, along with a few different types of medicine.
Maribeth decided to kill a little time before making her tea and heading out where Julius had gone, so it wouldn't seem too obvious. "This is where we keep the first aid kit along with a few other types of medicines. In any case of a fire or whatever, I honestly would think this is the only thing I'd save from this house." It was a little joke she decided to say to lighten up the situation, although it was a bit dry.

Julius had already gone outside by now and Mari took her turn in making her own chamomile tea, adding a bit of lemon juice and honey.

In the small time that the two of them had spoken, from the couch up to the kitchen, no introduction was needed in behalf of the young and hungover man. Maribeth had already caught his name in a passing thought he had the she managed to hear. "Well it was nice meeting you, Sean. I'll be seeing you around... I hope you feel better."

With a small smile, Mari floated off nonchalantly to Julius favored spot outside on the rooftop. She easily found him, following his voice inside her mind and the ever changing wind currents. They were subtle, but to anyone that could float, and had long hair, they were noticeable.

"Hey Jules." The young woman floated towards her friend with ease set herself down next to him, gently placing her feet on the roof. "You know. For someone that can fly... I've never been a fan of heights." Mari smiled at Julius and turned towards the distant sounds of helicopters. "There's an awful lot of them. Do you think they might know about this place? What if they attack. Shouldn't we be telling the others?" Sure most of the others were asleep by now but what would happen if they were to get raided? Maybe she was just overthinking and overreacting. Still, she couldn't help worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikolai-Safehouse-Brooklyn

Nikolai sat in his bed, exhausted from the days travels. The pistol was resting on his stomach, his claws moving the chambers. He kept thinking, just mulling over the world. He had changed clothes into a leather jacket with the sleeves cut off and a his gray hoodie undernearth, no shirt on under. He heard noise approaching from the distance, like helicopter blades twirling around. He didnt like the constant sound and hopped out of bed, he stuffed the revolver in his beltline and made his way to the roof. When he saw Mari and Julius up there he stood up straight, he could hear the helicopter blades louder. Other things going on as well. He looked Mari up and down and smirked a bit at her figure, she was quite attractive.

"Zdravstvuyte milyy priklad," He said to Mari, "Hello Julius. Whats with the helichoppers?"

Julius - Roof of the Safe House

"We always want what we can't have... and when we get it we tend not to want it any more." Julius mused in response to Maribeth's comment, half-smiling in amusement as he took a sip from his mug. Most of the tea had already gone; he had always been one to drink the beverage at scalding temperatures which might make others baulk. His attention was pulled again to the helicopters but Nikolai interrupted any response he might have formed so he remained quiet while the man gazed across to where the whirring sound emanated from.

"Hello, Nikolai." He chose not to make comment on the look the newcomer had given Maribeth, she could fight her own battles more than well enough. "I believe they're massing their forces to assault the area, most likely targeting us here." Speaking in a virtual monotone, he made the whole situation sound as everyday as could be so as not to unduly, or duly, alarm anyone. "After all, there was a fair bit of commotion last night and any dimwit with a map of the area and a ruler will be able to narrow down the best place to look for a group of Empowered. I'm surprised they bothered to wait until night time, in all honesty. That was partly why I sent you all out during the day. Less chance of collateral." He stood up, finishing his tea and placing the mug down on the surface he had been sitting on before walking closer to the edge of the building. From there he could see better the landscape immediately surrounding them, glancing here and there into the woodland.

"They're probably a bit of our your sense ranges but there's at least two dozen soldiers in the woods. They've been there for a couple of hours, on standby I would think. Still, they don't concern me and neither do the helicopters. Especially the latter, they're in my element." He glanced back at Maribeth, chewing his lip in thought. "The issue is they have another piece of hardware, one I had hoped they wouldn't reinvent for some time now. Mari, do you remember when we raided the scientist HQ for records regarding the House of Powers project? It was just before the Civil War started. As I recall you found your father in there, it was the last time you saw him before you went abroad. Oh, and I got stabbed by my father. Funny, our parental relations."

Smiling without mirth, he closed his eyes as he remembered the episode. It had been a blur at the time, driven by instincts he had struck back at the attacker as they struggled with the knife he had already been stabbed with and at the end he had stood over his own father, the man's neck broken but his eyes still glaring accusingly up at Julius. With considerable force of will the young man forced the image away from his mind and focused on the present.

"We need to contact the Syndicate. If we run we'll be hunted down without anywhere to run to. I'll run interference but everyone needs to be ready to go; if we stay too long we'll get massacred. We beat back the first wave, they'll send in skirmishers to assess our strength before sending in the real weaponry. That's when everyone goes, I'll be the rearguard. Now, if you could return to the others and inform the others of the plan. I'll stay up here and keep an eye on the military, if Mira arrives could you be so kind as to show her up here?"

Nilin - Safehouse - Nighttime.

The soft, rhythmic sounds of someone typing away on a keyboard drew to a halt as Nilin leaned back in her chair, the stiff muscles of her neck complaining at the unrelaxed posture she'd spent the past few hours in. She closed her eyes and gently rubbed her temples as the neatly arranged columns of letters she'd been staring at danced behind her eyelids. The girl allowed herself a brief moment of rest as she massaged the sore muscles of her neck with practiced hands before straightening up once more. Far more time had passed than she'd originally assumed and she quickly closed away what she'd been researching and shut down her laptop. What had begun as a brief peek into the Syndicate's intel on the movements of the night police and government had soon gotten her engrossed in it as more and more questions popped up instead of answers. Still, it wasn't like she'd expected them to magically have all the information when she checked today, as was the usual for her. However, she'd followed up on a series of safehouses within their territory and something odd had popped. It was something quite small, easily missed. In fact, it wasn't really anything that seemed like trouble either - just something she hadn't seen before and therefore found strange. Nilin prided herself on knowing each and every corner of the organization. She didn't like feeling that it had been an oversight on her part in some way.

Deciding to ask Ren about it later if her efforts proved fruitless, she glanced at the clock. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't heard from Ren since she'd gotten back to the safehouse. She'd have assumed that the nosy woman would've spent every free moment pestering her - just because she could. Still, Nilin wasn't complaining as she'd been able to concentrate much easier.

The safehouse had been generally quiet after the slight altercation that had occurred earlier in the day, perhaps as the occupants were exhausted. It hadn't been an easy couple of days for some of them. Nilin pushed back her hair and glanced at her things - essentials as she called them - that were arranged neatly, and easily accessible. She got dressed with the speed and efficiency of a runway model and decided it prudent to check on the unnaturals - as well as getting a bite to eat. She'd forgotten to eat. Again.

Nikolai- Roof of the Safehouse

"We will have good fight," Nikolai said pulling the pistol from his beltline, "I kill if need to."

He didnt like the idea that the place may be under full attack by armed men, with helicopters. The would have superior weaponry, and most likely easily take most of the empowered here. He figured the man Faust would be a trouble, Julius possibly could swat helicopters out of the sky. Mari could flight away if need be, but Nikolai himself felt that unless he got the drop on a group of them he would be of no use. Unless he found more bullets he would be fucked at a range.

"We have plans?" Nikolai said peeking over the edge of the roof at the woods, "Traps? Weapons?"

Maribeth - Safe house

Maribeth had smiled at Nikolai as he joined the two on the roof. She already knew that someone was bound to either be interested in what was going on outside, or want some space from everyone else inside. At hearing Nikolai speak in his language, Mari smirked and rolled her eyes. "Ti avevo avvertito. Due possono giocare a quel gioco." She spoke fluently as she teased Nikolai, then turned around to face the threat that was upon them. When Julius mentioned the commotion that had happened the night before, Maribeth's cheeks turned a bright red and she ducked her head down a bit, feeling foolish for having exposed them. "I'm terribly sorry about that. I let my anger get in the way."

And just like the anger she had felt before, she felt it once more as Julius mentioned how many soldiers were already in the forest awaiting orders. Her eyes narrowed as she turned towards the woods with a piercing glare, wishing she would have had heat vision to set them all on fire. "I'd deal with them personally..... But a telekinetic wave of the magnitude would probably send me flying back and demolish the block we're on."

Maribeth bit her lip as she thought of what to do. She wasn't fit for being a leader. She followed orders much better than giving them.

Before Mari could mention anything, Julius began to speak and she listened intently as her friend reminded her of the disabling machines that had once stripped them of their abilities. Maribeth gasped quietly and shook her head. The memories were mostly a blur, but she could see them through Julius' thoughts as if it were just yesterday.
"I will warn the others" Her voice was quiet yet fervent. She nodded once at Julius' request and turned around to head back inside.

Her eyes widened almost immediately as Nikolai brought his pistol out. "Woah.... hey... No. Let's...... Yeah let's put that away for now." Maribeth's serious demeanor broke as she smiled at Nikolai's actions. She shook her head and laughed a bit. "We are the weapons." She grabbed his arm and tugged him along with her, lifting them both up a few centimeters and floating them both back inside.

"We have to get the others out of here." Peeking around Nikolai, Maribeth caught a glimpse of Mira as she was headed towards the kitchen and shot towards her through the air. "Mira! You must go to the roof. Julius wants to show you something. Hurry.... It's a pressing matter."

Before finishing everything Mari had to say, the sound of breaking glass interrupted her as the windows from the front of the building were broken in by gas bombs. Maribeth turned around, confused, and watched as one of the bombs rolled right into the kitchen. With a gasp, Mari grabbed Mira and pulled her away towards another room, screaming 'Gas! Gas! Gas!' Not only verbally, but mentally, and unintentionally, so that she could be heard not only through people's ears but in their minds.

Nikolai-Safehouse-The Gas

Nikolai followed Mari downstairs and began slamming his hands on doors and shouting to get people out of the safehouse, he heard the sounds of loud thumps. He spun his head around to a nearby window and spotted metal canisters shatter the windows, he heard Mari scream in the kitchen. Then he heard it in his mind, he knew what was happening. A full out raid, he figured the soldiers would be in the house soon. He made an effort to throw one canister back out the window but the gas was so volitile that it screwed up his senses, he threw himself to the floor in a coughing and sneezing fit. It invaded his every sense, he brought his shirt up so his nose and mouth were covered and tried to resume normal breathing. He heard footsteps outside, like boots striking ground. He leaned his head out the window and saw several vans arriving and dropping men off. He pulled his pistol and shot out the window, he wasnt terribly accurate but one of the three shots managed to wing a man holding an assault rifle. The man turned and spotted Nikolai in the window, as he raised his rifle Nikolai ducked down. Bullets sprayed through the window and hit the ceiling and wall behind him.

"Svyatoye der'mo!" Nikolai exclaimed, "Run! Everyone must run!" He hustled to the doors and began flinging them open, then he moved down the stairs towards the warehouse front door. He hid so that when the door was opened he would not be in plain sight, it was then that he would pounce and begin his diversion. He checked the cylinder and counted 4 shots left, most likely not enough to stop the attack but if he managed to kill one of the men perhaps he could steal a rifle. His blood was boiling and he waited staring at the door.

Julius - Safe House - Rooftop

"Why does no one ever listen? Escape, not fight..." Julius groaned, pulling his own handgun from his belt and removing the safety as the whirring of helicopter blades chopping the air sounded much closer. With barely a glance up he saw three of the vehicles headed straight for them at high speed; the ground vehicles had yet to move so this was clearly just the military testing their defences.

Some test. Half of them are going to get themselves killed at this rate.

Closing his eyes for extra focus, Julius began to condense air close enough to him that it would not overly straining and not so close that the helicopters would tear him to pieces before he could launch his attack. He formed it in two different ways; one in a very thin blade-like way and the other more like a pillar or hammer shaft of solid air. Once the approaching choppers closed in he launched the blade-like air pockets with deft precision; slicing the rotor blades from the rest of the vehicle so that the helicopters slowed down drastically in an almost comical way before they began to descend. Seconds later, before the crew could properly respond, the hammer-like air pockets slammed the unfortunate vehicles into a crazed spiral from which none of the crew would be able to remove themselves safely.

The loss of the three vehicles had caused a stir amongst the mass of men and equipment at the military encampment but whether it was hurrying their actions or simply to adjust an existing plan, Julius did not know. In any case, the soldiers would approach with a good deal more caution now.

"Hopefully now we can rescue a plan from this mess." Growling to himself in frustration, the young man strode towards the doorway leading to the rest of the building. It was only as he turned that he glimpsed the glint from the woods, one that had his blood freeze and his mind speed ahead of his seemingly paralyzed limbs. A moment later he had hurled himself to the ground just as something small punched its way past his face, scoring the side of his skull just above his left ear. Instinctively, Julius reached up to the wound, feeling blood but determined that there was no serious damage. Thanking his lucky stars for the momentary glint, presumably from a sniper's scope, he crawled his way on hands and knees to the safety of the door and then pulled it firmly shut behind him.

Weapon in hand, still unused, he set off down into the building and towards the sounds of chaos.

Haylee - Brooklyn - Alleyway
Haylee turned around so fast it was a surprise she didn't get dizzy. With wide gleaming eyes, she stared at the guy who had just appeared, while mentally calling for a few dogs and cats around. As she was about to talk, the other beat her at it.

"How did you-" Haylee didn't finish her sentence as she realized who that guy was, or rather, what. An Unnatural. Well, if she was an easily deceived person, her problems would have already ended, however, she's not.

"Why am I supposed to believe you? You just came out of nowhere giving directions to a place I never saw. And the fact that you know what I can do makes you even less believable." The girl makes a pause to draw in a deep breath, also to catch a glance at the dogs, three mutts, that entered the alley and were now circling Faust to sit beside Haylee. They stared at the other with dull eyes, while in contrast the girl's gleamed. "So, sorry, hun. I don't trust you."

Nilin - Safehouse

It seemed like the universe was dead set against Nilin acquiring any form of sustenance that day. She hadn't taken more than a few steps when a woman shaped missile, otherwise known as Maribeth Wilson, quite literally flew at her. Nilin had already shifted into a combat stance reflexively before her mind had even formed the words; What the hell?

However, it seemed that Mari was in crisis mode, not trying to attack the Syndicate liaison. Before Mari could finish her sentence, the sound of shattering glass interrupted her and the unmistakable shape of the Night Police's gas bombs rolled into the kitchen. Nilin found herself being dragged away by a telekinetic in full blown panic mode. She quickly switched them around and pulled the petite woman into her own room, kicking the door shut behind them in one motion.

"I take it that this is the important matter Julius wanted to discuss." She commented even as Mari began to alert the rest of the occupants.

Nilin strode over to where she'd arranged her belongings and pulled out a modded gun. She wasn't overly fond of firearms but wasn't foolish enough to sneer down on them like a particular group of Unnaturals did. In times like these, anything that'd offer an edge over the others was very good indeed. She was the type of control freak and OCD rolled into one who made backup plans for backup plans. Usually, that particular trait made people groan and whine about it. However, when it saved their lives in times of crises, it was a different story.

"Do you know how to shoot?" She asked the telekinetic as she slipped out her backup gun out of its hidden case. Nilin was sure that Maribeth had seen her fair share of fighting but asked anyway. "Can you put up a force field strong enough to only block projectiles as we make our way? No need to waste energy on covering the entire building. There should be safeguards we can activate." If Maribeth agreed, she would move forward to find Julius. He was the priority here, as cruel as that was to the other unnaturals. She wasn't going to let them all die, but she wouldn't waste time or risk it to save them all either. By now, the entire building would be under high alert. She doubted anyone was sleeping through it. If they were, then they really didn't deserve to be saved anyway.

Maribeth - Safe House - Raid

Maribeth had done all she could to get rid of the gas that had begun to fill the hallways as she tried to get herself and Mira out, but failed as the telekinesis did nothing against gas.

Before she knew it, it was her that was getting dragged. Mira had taken them into her room and panic had overcome Maribeth. "Julius is out there!" Her voice was shrill but it didn't seem to even phase Mira as the young woman kept her composure and quickly pulled out a weapon. Maribeth frowned at the fact that she'd have to use one but otherwise didn't object. When Mira asked if she was able to use one, Maribeth nodded and took a hold of the weapon, keeping her finger off of the trigger and checking to see if it was loaded. "I fair better in a hand to hand but I'll do what I have to."

Maribeth listened to Mira as she asked for a force field, her own jaw dropping at the sound of the question. A force field? Was that even possible? Could she make those?

"Um.. I don't know about a complete force field, but I can produce waves and that'll keep bullets and such from hitting us. I can't do much about the gas though. We'll have to work through that." With that said, Maribeth began her waves of telekinetic power. Her loose hair floating up and down with every mental push, the objects around the shaking as the force hit them again and again.

Julius - Inside the Safe House

The sounds of panic had dimmed considerably since Julius has first entered the building and all he could hear was a quiet hiss; the sound of gas emptying from their respective canisters he assumed. That would also explain why the noise had quietened - people were either hiding in half-sealed rooms or unable to scream in panic or for help any more. The situation was beginning to spin out of control rapidly and he blamed himself for not preparing properly. Or rather, for not preparing the others properly. He knew what to do in this kind of situation but most of those in Safe House were relatively new to their powers and almost none had faced real combat like he, Mari and he, presumed, Mira had.

"Not as smart as you thought you were? Don't worry, you're just bad with people. You're still a genius." Julius fought to keep himself from spinning around and shooting the visage in her head, so sudden was the unexpected sound of someone's chirpy voice. Instead he groaned, quietly, and glared at the apparition produced by his mind. The blonde girl was grinning widely at him, apparently unconcerned with the situation.

"Seeing as you're tied to me, I suggest you make yourself scarce until we're safely away from here." He hissed, aware that teams of soldiers were being unloaded onto the rooftop by helicopters he had not struck down; it seemed that they weren't going to waste time at all regrouping.

And now I'm wasting time arguing with a delusion of my own mind.

The visage tilted her head quizzically, as if what he had said was incredibly foolish. "I'm here to help you out. I can watch your back!" The apparition pulled out a handgun and showed it off flashily. Julius ignored her and ducked into a doorway as the muffled sound of boots echoed down into the corridor. No matter how quietly the approaching teams tried to be the soles of their shoes still thumped on the concrete stairs in their hurried movements.

"Fine, I'll go away. I'll see you once you're out, try not to get the others killed. Especially the two Ms, they're amusing." The blonde girl winked and skipped into another room, disappearing. Thanking whatever part of his brain was not so masochistic as to distract him in the middle of a gunfight, Julius began to gather air into javelin-forms, waiting for the men to descend the stairwell. There were only three so dispatching them would not be overly taxing for him. The moment the door was pushed open he launched the javelins, guiding them to their targets deftly. The only sound the squad made were grunts, a gurgle and then thumps as their corpses hit the ground.

Julius approached the bodies and picked up their weaponry, eyeing the modified assault rifles the men carried.

"Darts. Well, that's something I guess." He checked the side arms; they had more standard ammunition so he slid them through his belt and, on a whim, picked up two assault rifles and some spare ammunition. He slid the spares into his trouser pockets and then slung the rifles under his left arm, his right hand then free to wield his own side arm if required. Pleased with the small arsenal, he continued on his way down to the main floor. As reached the door from the stairwell which led to the main floor he pulled the air down from above in a rush before yanking the door open and releasing the torrent. Much of the gas, and the cannisters, were sent spinning down side corridors and into other wells down which the other descending teams were utilising. They would have masks to protect them from their own weaponry but it would at least slow them down for a few crucial moments.

Slipping into the corridor proper, Julius grimaced as remnants of the gas battered him. Their effect was reduced but it was enough to make him temporarily dizzy until he got used to it. With considerable effort he made his way down the corridor, pushing doors open only to find empty rooms. Eventually he pushed into a room where Maribeth and Mira had obviously been taking refuge from the gas.

"Glad to see you're safe." He greeted them briefly before tossing each woman one of the rifles. "Paralytic darts, I'd guess. There's still some gas around so we need to be quick but let's try and get people out before... ah, they're already here."

His radar's range had been severely limited by his earlier exertions and the confines of the building so he had not noticed the approach of the vehicles but now they were close enough for him to sense them.

"They've got equipment which neutralises our powers with sound waves. Once they start it up your head is going to feel like it's about to split open but you'll just need to work through it." He spoke mostly for Mira's benefit as knowledge of the machines was rare; after all, Julius, Mari and Diego had destroyed all blueprints for them and the only working models when they had raided a research facility six months ago. "So, where are we headed Mira? Quickly now, there's squads both above and below us and I'd rather not get sandwiched."

Faust was making his way back to the safe house when his sonar had picked something up, A massing of soldiers. Instinctively he choose to stay back and as soon monitoring the situation from the safety of a near by building. Closing his eyes he was sending out active sonar pings, getting a better picture than his simple passive listening. Though he couldn't really make out people, soft squishy things didn't make good returns. The metallic twang of vehicles was noticeable. Soon he was moving faster heading back towards the safe house, keeping to back allies and shadows he couldn't move as fast as he liked as it seemed they were in full motion. But he made steady progress back to their temporary home. In his mind he started to formulate plans, Mari and Julius and himself were the only real fighters he knew of, the others this will be there trial by fire. Escape he figures would be Julius plan. Which Faust would agree with if it was.

By the time he had reached the forest the battle was already in full swing. He watched as a bird fell from the sky crashing down to the ground, then heard something. A loud bang followed by the slid action of a bolt ejecting the casing of what he was assuming to be a 7.20mm Piercing round. Faust muted all of his sound at this point, moving through the woods he avoided needless conflict. Soon he could hear a man talking to another, looking around he spotted them, hidden in there gillies he moved in behind them. The spotter was relaying orders as soon Faust crept in. Quickly he grabbed the side arm of one of them and shot both of them in the head. The gun made no sound as he pulled the trigger and started to strip them of supplies. He checked the magazine of his sidearm and smiled as he fit an earpiece in and stole a radio. He changed the channel on it smiling "hello darling" he said as the familiar voice of Jeramy chimed it

"it's about time I been trying to call you"
"We can flirt later Jeramy can you help?"
"I'm already working on jamming there comms, they have some good equipment so it might take some time"
"you're in already aren't you"
"I just like you to think my job is harder than it really is, but this is only temporary, they are already working to fix it"

Now that he had some weapons and their comms were being messed with it was time to cause some chaos. "There is a unit to the south east" Moving quickly he ignored stealth and found the small squad "Boom Bitches" he shouted throwing his arm. It sounded like a massive bass drop that echoed out for miles as it sent the men flying back as most of these organs had ruptured due to such intense sound waves. "ok good, now there are two units approaching from your east and north head west then circle around." Faust started moving thru the woods "so how do you know this?" he asked "I've hacked into a satellite over the city, there's actually" was the response. He quit the small talk as he came up behind the unit rushing it he sent a low kick to the back of the nearest ones knee and grabbed him as he fired his side arm at another. The other two turned opening fire only to hit Faust's meat shield before getting shot themselves. With that he sent out another large blast of sound before running off with Jeremy relaying information so he wouldn't get caught off guard "ok, there are three vehicles approaching the building...something is off about them they aren't classified in the system." Faust went back into hiding for the moment "we'll worry about that later, I don't feel like taking on fucking tanks right now, can you just get in contact with julius so we can coordinate some sort of fucking plan"

"I'll try"

At that moment, every phone, cell phone and pager in the building started going off. If anyone were to answer they would hear Jeremy on the line "hello this is Jeremy, i'll patch you threw to faust"

Atticus - Safe House - Raid

Atticus had followed the girl Mari back to the supposed 'safe house' without much fuss as it had become apparent that he had no other options available to him. Though he had money, his apartment was compromised and there wasn't anyone else that he could, or would, turn to for help. So he ended up inside the old apartment building, far cleaner than the last derelict wreck he'd slept in, sitting on the edge of bed whose sheets smelled of mildew and dust. His dark eyes were staring holes in the worn out duffel bag which was sitting on an old chair across the room as he contemplated what he could do with the valuable information inside. There was the thought of sharing it with the girl Mari, she at least seemed like she had a decent head on her shoulders, but something about the brief conversation they'd had earlier that day indicated she might be a bit too emotional. The whole group seemed like they had their act together well enough, this strange little gang of Unnaturals, but he still didn't quite trust them.

His thought process was interrupted as a small object came crashing through the window of is room.

It rolled along the carpet and came to a stop against his left foot, a small canister about 4 inches long, and after too long of a moment his mind comprehended what it was. "Shit!" He cursed as the tab popped with an ear-ringing Bang! and a steady stream of white gas burst from the end. His reflexes didn't fail him entirely as a kick sent it into the corner while one hand snatched the t-shirt he'd changed out of and left sitting on the end of the bed. Atticus pressed the ball of cloth over his mouth and nose but he still couldn't help coughing through the stinging vapor as his vision started to swim. Stumbling against the door, he flung it open but froze as he remembered the duffel bag that he couldn't risk losing, though it meant staying in the gas even longer. He could barely see through his tear-filled eyes as he threw it over his shoulder and practically dove out into the hallway, falling heavily against the far wall. His lungs burned as he tried to focus, the chaotic sounds of the raid swarming around him, and with slow deliberate steps he made his way towards what he hoped was the exit. The young man was lucky that he'd decided to change back into his jeans, the pair whose pocket still held the flip knife that he drew out. Though there was no indication that the soldiers had actually breached the building he knew it wouldn't be long and so made a small cut across the palm of his right hand, drawing forth a few small tendrils of bright red blood. Though his chest was wracked with violent coughs, his clear vision started to return and he spotted a room with its door ajar, the sound of familiar voices coming from within.

"I thought... you said... this was a safe house!" Atticus choked out after he pushed through the door and spotted Mari, the man she called Julius, and someone he didn't recognize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haylee - Safe House - Raid
Haylee followed the girl Mari, was it? To the safe house, though somewhat grudgingly. The thought of having to rely on these people did not sit well to the red head, but she also refused to spent another night in another hell hole, so she was forced to suck it up and don't protest. However, as the girl eyed the room she would spend the night, this whole safe house idea didn't seem so bad suddenly. She had light, food, a comfy bed, really, more than she could have asked. Needless to say, Haylee was starting to get in a good mood as she tested the bed. And of course, a delighted Haylee was against the rules of life, so the universe decided to laugh at her face and throw a 'fuck you' straight up to her face.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

It all happened too fast, one second Haylee was laying down on the comfy bed almost dozing off, and the next the window of the room was being shattered in a thousand pieces. Getting up in a shock, the young woman almost didn't see the small canister rolling along the floor, noticing it a bit too late. It went off with a loud, deafening Bang! and releasing a white gas that enveloped the room in matter of seconds. While cursing loudly, Haylee searched for the door as she tried to cover her mouth and nose with her hand, though such effort was proving to be useless. After what seemed to be centuries, she finally found the door, bursting it open with such strength that made her stumble and fall to the floor in front of the room.

"Right... So, this is the definition of... Of a safe house nowadays, huh?" The red head hissed in between violent coughs, as she tried to stand up once again, though the maximum she accomplished was a half crawl, half standing position. She began moving once again, though the gas did quite a number on her. "Bullshit. I should have... Stayed in a hell hole..."

Eventually, Haylee couldn't see straight anymore, everything was blurred and the coughs were getting worse, the thought of just give the finger to the world and slump down on the floor crossed her mind but she quickly dispersed it, she could always do that later, maybe in another "safe house", or in a lab or cell, it would depend if the universe was feeling extra shitty today or no. The fact that she had absolutely no idea how to navigate in this shitty house wasn't helping either, so if she cursed loudly and probably broke a glass or two was totally justifiable.

In the end, the amount of gas she had breathed at the room, plus the gas all around the house proved to be too much, so Haylee passed out in one of the corridors.

Maribeth - Safe House - Raid

Maribeth had nearled screamed when Julius came into the room the women were in. She caught the rifle tossed at her with her mental grasp and turned to Mira for some direction. She was hardly ever caught off guard, so in times of trouble, Mari did not know how to respond. The fear and worry for others made her panic as her mind raced to try and find ways to save all of them.

As Mari was beginning to get lost in thought, the young man that had said his name was Blake, ran into the room not too long after Julius. His words stung Mari, already feeling like she had failed everybody. The words seemed to have made a connection in her mind, though. A spark. The telekinetic snapped out of her near panic attack and turned to look at everyone. She glanced at Blake, making a mental note to apologize to him later, then began to float towards the door. As soon as she reached it, the phones began to go off one after the other. "What the hell?" Mari turned every which way, grabbing the nearest phone in the room and answering it.

"Hello this is Jeremy, i'll patch you through to Faust."

Maribeth nearly growled at the voice through the phone, muttering that Faust was of no use to her, and hanging up almost immediately before turning towards the others.

'Wait a minute.' She thought as she tried to recall all the faces she had seen in the house.

"Faust. Where is he? She glared at the others as she asked the question, already knowing the answer. "He's behind this. He sold us out! How convenient that he isn't here..... Do not answer the phones anymore. Him and his friend Jeremy are to blame for this." Mari was livid. Her cheeks were a bright red and eyes full of anger. "Julius, before anything worse can happen, could you force the gas out using your ability?"

Nikolai had been waiting at the door for some time, no infiltration team had come yet. And rather than yell up the stairs for help and give away his position he decided to move slowly back up them aiming the gun at the door. He carefully ascended then heard phones ringing throughout the house, his head whipped around then he looked back at the door the hammer on the revolver pulled back. He slowly backstepped up the stairs. He made his way to where the majority of the people were. Then he heard the phones ring, every single one in the house. It freaked him out. He watched as Mari picked up a phone and answered it, Nikolai watched as she hung up the phone. She was definitely irate. When she mentioned the Faust man was the cause of all this he clenched his gun tighter.

"Mari, you is sure that Faust is reason for all this?" Nikolai said, it seemed rather strange that a man would sacrifice his friends for profit then make a phone call to them during their time of need. It all seemed strange.

Dirk - Safe House - Raid

The sounds of yelling and harsh banging brought Dirk out of his daydreams. He'd been alone, sitting by himself and enjoying it for once. Nothing ever lasted for long, however, or maybe nothing good ever lasted for long. In any case, Dirk managed to jump to his feet in alarm, but that was about all he could muster. So unused to this kind of commotion, Dirk stood and stared at his door like a deer in the headlights as opposed to actually fleeing.

Then-- the sound of glass breaking. No amount of awkwardness could keep Dirk from running then, practically slamming half his body into the door frame in an attempt to escape. "Jesus-- Christ!" He breathed through gritted teeth, trying to keep in control of the pain suddenly enveloping his shoulder. Perhaps it was the adrenaline, but Dirk cruised down the hall at a speed he didn't think possible for himself. Further sounds of breaking glass and hissing gas only emboldened Dirk to move quicker-- with more purpose. But, where was he going? Where could he go? He should have just stayed home, for fuck's sake. Already, the gas was reaching him, permeating throughout the halls. It stabbed at his his eyes and throat, tempting him to just roll over and give up already.

Crying out wordlessly, he cut a corner quickly, almost running over someone passed out in the corridor. A heavy pit formed in his stomach at the sight of her-- Was she dead? Jesus, please don't say he'd run into a dead person. He wanted to run, to run as fast as he could in the other direction, to rush through the halls randomly like chicken with its head cut off some more. It would have been easier, certainly, but Dirk didn't think he could start taking the easy route after trying so hard to take the hard route. Pulling up his shirt so that it covered his nose, he crouched down next to the unconscious girl, his hands hovering over her. He was scared to touch her, afraid she had an injury he couldn't see. Would the irritation from the gas count as an injury? He really didn't know enough about his power to say for sure, but he couldn't sit here staring at her.

"I'm sorry," he muttered, already apologizing for not being able to carry her. She was a relatively small girl, who had to only weigh around 110 pounds, but Dirk was a relatively small guy. Sure, he could probably do it, but could he do it quickly enough? With the gas only getting worse, he just knew he'd end up passed out beside her before long. He could pull her, but-- no, he couldn't do that. If he managed to injure her, it would transfer to him right away, making sure no one was rescued.

He had to go for it, had to carry her. He pulled her up on to his back and wrapped her arms around his waist. He felt the pain from slamming into the door frame return, but Dirk didn't have any time to change his positioning. He got to his feet with surprising grace, the girl feeling lighter than he imagined she would be. He leaned forward to keep his balance, and continued his frenzied rush down the hall.

Eventually, perhaps miraculously, Dirk found where the others were seeking shelter. The phones beginning to ring all around him, Dirk fell into the room soon after Nikolai entered. He coughed violently, landing on his knees, forced to let the girl fall out of his grasp. He wrapped his arms around his stomach, his face beet red from the gas and the exertion. "Oh, my god," he sputtered. "God--"

Status
Not open for further replies.