The Unknown Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wanderer walked over to the group and raised his hand a little to greet them. Now that he was closer, his clothes could be seen. Brown plain trousers, leather boots and a green jacket.
Good evening. I'm Vlod. Merely a traveler with many wares to sell. Shall we conduct business?

Eve looked at him she wasn't sure about this guy but she wouldn't be rude.
"Good evening to you to Vlod, so what do you sell?"

She turned to see the guy as well. Her eyes narrow then started to frown and hold on to Eve a little scared. "I have a bad feeling about that guy" she said softy and was hiding a littlj behind Eve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eve held on to Jinkan but made sure her own body was in the way so Jinkan was safe if this new Vlod tried anything. In a whisper Eve said "Don't worry ok it will be ok and if not just run to Hina ok." Eve hadn't taken her eyes off Vlod.

Just a little of this and that. Clothes, food, tools. Things like that.
If you have money, you can buy them. But you can also exchange something of a similar value if you prefer that.
Vlod set his backpack down and opened it. There were, just like he said, various wares inside.
For some reason, he doesn't fear or even consider that he might be robbed.

Eve was curios "what else do you take instead of money then?" Eve knew this could be the stupidest question ever but she had to know.

Vlod had to think for a moment. Usually people just offer him anything they have.
Uhm... Pretty much anything i can sell to someone else. Clothes sell well since everyone needs those. Travellers like bottles and food.
Oh and if you happen to have jewels, i'll take them for a good price. Those rich snobs love them, so i can raise the price as high as i want.

Scrubz turned and kept an eye on the traveller. "Eve I have gold inside my cape which you could use. I won't need anything I'll be fine trust me, but before everyone sleeps I will need a drink from my bottle"

When Scrubz came closer, Vlod pulled his bag back a little.
Careful with the fire. I have oil and strong alcohol in here as well.
And i will gladly take gold. What do you want in return?

"Well we need food for the rest of us and some clean water, I'am guessing you can help with that Vlod. Yes it will look like we are paying in gold." Eve smiled as she thought about the fact they really didn't have anything to give the guy and they needed food so it was lucky Scrubz had some gold on him.

"I'm glad I did that mining now" Scrubz was quite chuffed with himself "erm... I better not lose this fire, Eve do me a favor please i have 6 pockets of gold in my cape, would you mind grabbing one pocket of gold out it should be plenty for the trade"

Eve moved over towards Scrubz "Thanks for this" Eve put her hand inside and grabbed as much of the gold as she could from within. Walking back over to Vlod she looked him in the eye's "Oh also do you happen to have a bag for sale to, and how much food and water can we get with this?" Eve said showing what she had in her hand.

Hina was asleep the whole time during the whole thing. she was extremely tired and it's amazing how she wasn't truly unconscious because of it.

Vlod took some of the gold and gave it a close look.
Let's see how much this is worth.
After looking and analyzing it, he put it back into her hand.
I can give you food rations for 1 week which will be dried meat and vegetables, 3 bottles with water, lantern oil and two lanterns, and a toolbox.
Do we have a deal?

Scrubz turned and said aloud "Sounds like a good deal, I'm happy with the deal, what do you lot think?"

Eve looked at Vlod and then to her group "Ok then we have a deal as long as everyone else is happy to except" well all but Hina as she has already fallen asleep Eve thought looking over at her new friend and smiled.

Vlod got out the materials and put them on a pile beside him. Everything was there, the food fresh and the tools functional.
After that he took the gold into his back.
Great doing business with you.
And as a bonus, some firewood since you look like you need it, and a little story.
He took out 4 halved logs and put them as near to Scrubs as possible without coming too close to his flame.
Then he took a seat on the ground and waited for the logs to be used as fireplace.

Scrubz nodded to Vlod with a smile "Awesome thanks Vlod". He then turned to his group "if someone wants to set the firewood up please, I could light it then".

Eve walked over and set the fire wood so Scrubz could start the fire. Looking over at Vlod she said "So then what kind of story is it?" sitting down to hear his story. Not that she trusted him at all.

Scrubz lit the fire with his fire and soon after, his hands were fire free. He got comfy round the campfire and grabbed his bottle out and started to drink it while he waits for this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.