The undead princess

Victor took Rashara's hand in his own and smiled at her. "I'll be right here the whole time, so don't you worry." And with that, the four started a slow ride around town.
Some of the townspeople stared slightly, some waved and a few even greeted the lord and the new lady. DeLoch waved and greeted them back, of course, and always with a smile, as he liked his people.

Rashara couldn't help but blush. She had never held hands with a man before, but here she was- grasping tightly to Victor like a child. It felt as if he was parading her around, watching how his people looked at her and waved. Some blew kisses and threw flowers; it was amazing. Everything seemed so peaceful and normal, it was almost hard to believe.

"You're people really do adore you, huh?" She blushed as she noticed a couple women gossiping close, looking at their hands with the fingers laced.

Victor smiled and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "It's easy to be adored when you free someone from an abusive dictator. And its especially easy when you make sure that nobody has to go before they feel that they are ready, especially when some of those have been around since I stepped up to take the throne." He chuckled slightly as they passed a few guards saluting them. "Keeping the people safe and happier than they were with the previous lord isn't all that hard with a bit of necromancy."

"Is there nothing you do not remedy with Necromancy?" She laughed, looking at her hand in his. It wasn't too strange to entertain the idea of settling with the Lord. DeLoch seemed like a nice man, both inside his castle and out. Though this was only her second day of knowing him, he did all he could to make her comfortable. Her mind whirred with what would have happened in her true life. Rashara had been waiting for her parents to choose a suitor for her, which was in no way her decision, but here, she could choose how she felt about Victor.
She looked at him with her inquisitive green eyes, parting her lips to ask him a question.

"Victor...have you... have you relations with other women you spared from death?"

"Heh, well, necromancy is a rather large part of my... life." He said happily. "But no, I haven't... Well, I haven't spared anyone from death because I didn't have feelings for them. Except one. A lady I rather fancied during my college time. Yet she had a disease close to yours. I tried to bring her back, as she wanted that as well. She... She trusted my skills. Yet I failed her. I tried bringing her back like I did with you. Yet I didn't do it right. After a few days... She started to rot. And we agreed to end her." Victor closed his eyes and turned his head away from Rashara, in an attempt to hold the memory down.

Rashara found herself falling silent as he spoke, watching the pain tug at his features as he scowled. She hadn't thought of the reason Lord Deloch was looking for a wife, but she assumed it was simply because of his age. It never occured to her that it might have been the loneliness of a love long lost.

"I...I know not what to say..." She felt tears rising to the surface. The fact that he needed to kill the woman he loved was completely unbareable. "I'm so sorry...."

Victor was quiet for a few moments, holding the tears back. Slowly he turned and cleared his throat slightly. "You need not to say anything. It was many, many, many decades ago. And you have nothing to apologize for. If anything, you have allowed me to prove that my skills have grown significantly since then, and that I can win over your disease. You could say I have finally found proof of my skill in the dark arts." He sighed deeply. "Though I suppose its the kind of achievement you do not really want to finally reach..."

His words made the Princess curious, leaning in to look at his face and resting against the wide neck of her horse. "You look not much older than I am Victior, How could it have been so long ago?" She eyed him with scepticism, not sure what he would say.

They had been standing in the middle of the town square for a while, attracting a crowd. "Let's go somewhere more private..." Rashara smiled, pressing her heels into the stead and driving her forward, making her way towards a field that wasn't too far off from view.

Victor simply nodded, and got his own horse moving as well. "I had hoped to avoid this topic, but I suppose it had to come up at some point." He said with another deep sigh. He kept silent until they got to the field, where he got off his horse and allowed her to do as she wished for a bit.

The necromancer sat down on the field, patting the ground next to him, signaling for Rashara to sit next to him. "I'll be rather straightforward with this. Yes, I am quite a lot like you. Yet, at the same time, I am quite far from what you are." He paused for a moment. "I am a Lich. I do not know if you know what a Lich is, but its one of the higher forms of necromantic creations. And I have not told you, both to not make you feel even more surrounded by the undead. And because I was afraid you'd be rather repulsed by me." He went silent again, looking into her eyes.

Rashara followed the Lord to his seat in the grass, dismounting Mara as elegantly as she could on her own and swishing through the high cat-tails to sit next to him.
Her angelic face was turned to look into his eyes, absorbing the pain that clearly still floating around in his features. No wonder he had been so quick to work around any topic of himself that first day, it made sense to her now.

"I know not what a Lich is, or anything to do with Nechromancy...but I don't think I could be disgusted when looking at you Victor..." She turned her face away from his, hiding her blush behind a curtain of long red hair. "We've only just met, but you have been most kind. Anyone so hospitable deserves respect." Rashara nodded, recalling a lesson her Mother had taught her when she was young. "No matter your age or imortality, your a kind man. For me right now, that's all that matters..."

"You are not disgusted by the way I look now. And I know I have been kind, as I brought you back from the dead. From what you believed to be your final rest. But yes, I have been more kind to you than I would to most." He sighed again, taking her hand gently in his own. "But this is just one of my forms. A form it takes a tiny fraction of my power to maintain. My true form is... quite a lot more like that of my servants. Which is why I haven't used that form yet. I don't usually use it in front of any of my servants, in fact. It is a form I doubt I would ever need to take, yet I felt I should be honest about this to you." Victor said, still holding her hand and looking into her eyes.

The Princess looked down at his hand holding her own, their skin matching in paleness. "Either way..." She sighed, letting her fingers relax and intertwine with his own. Her heart fluttered in her chest, though the lack of warmth shared between the two of them was a little off putting. In all truth, she had never held the hand of a man that was not her own Father.

"Thank you for being honest with me. I value that very much in a man, or any person..." Her curiousity was growing by the second to see what his 'true' form looked like, but she suppressed herself, knowing that if she did see it, she probably wouldn't be able to look at his handsome face the same way.

Victor was rather relieved to see her, not repulsed or afraid, but rather, almost happy. "Having kept such a secret from you would most likely have come back to strike at me at the worst possible time. And deflecting a direct question one times too many is not wise either. Saying it as it is is often the simplest way. Though, I would appreciated if you did not tell anyone. The ones who are most like us probably already have an idea of such things, but the living of the village need not to know it. I believe it would only complicate matters." He said seriously, rubbing his fingers against the silken soft skin of her hand.

Her other hand rose to motion a zipper being sealed over her lips, giggling at Victor as she nodded her head. "I understand..." She blushed at the gentleness over her hand, as if he had waited so long to be able to feel her skin. "I promise I won't say a thing" She looked back at his face, losing herself in his eyes. "I... um... I do have to ask thought...." She relaxed her body and turned to lean her shoulder and back angainst his chest, letting her head rest just below his chin.

"How long have you been around?"

Almost instinctively, Victor places his hand gently around her mid-section. He couldn't help but to smile slightly at how comfortable she seemed with him, especially with what he had just told her. "How long I've been around? Well, I suppose its women you aren't supposed to ask such questions..." He chuckles slightly. "Lets see... I... Died... About 130 years ago... And then, I was... 57 years, I think." He spoke slowly, trying to remember back to his younger days.

"oh..." She silenced herself. Victor was so much older than her even when he was alive! Not to mention the added immortal years! Despite passing around 57 years old, he still looked only in his thirties, which confused Rashara, but left her thankful. The arm around her waist made her blush and straighten her spine. A man had never touched her there! "That is quite a long time, yes..."

"Indeed it is. You could say that I am rather old. But then again, you more or less stop aging when you die. If anything, you... rot..." Victor went silent again for a few moments. "Powerful magic can keep one alive for long a long time. And as long as the magic doesn't fade, one can stay alive." He was quite for a moment again. "And I keep my source very safe. So my un-life will go on for as long as I want it to, more or less. Unless someone somehow can find it." His hand started stroking her unconsciously.

"I didn't know that magic was something kept outside of the b-body..." Rashara shivered as his hands rubbed over her arms and waist. He was barely moving against her, so it didn't seem like he was trying to be agressive, but she couldn't help but feel like maybe moving to the field might have been a little bit too forward. " I hope that never happens to you..." She tilted her chin up to look at him, blushing brightly as his hands moved over her cold skin.

"Well, its part of being a Lich, more or less..." He said, keeping on his rubbing without noticing. "And I do everything I can to prevent it from happening. Don't you worry." He looked back down at her, smiling. "Now, I take it you have no further questions about my form? And I take it as a good sign that you seem so comfortable with me. And since you've gotten so far, I'm guessing you want to stay like this for a bit?"

Rashara couldn't aswer his question, instead she looked out to the field. Bright green eyes scanned their surroundings, watching some birds flit through the air in a simple airal dance.
It took her a long while to respond to him, feeling her heart flutter in her chest as he continued to rub her. Whhy did she feel this way? Even knowing that his form wasn't his true one; she still didn't mind letting him hold her. Purhaps it was because he was the one to bring her back? She had no idea.

"I don't mind this...no..." Her gaze turned up to him again. A nervous smile played out on her plump, muted lips as she watched him, still curious about everything he had said.