The undead princess

One of the guards patrolling the castle suddenly heard a scream coming from the new Lady's bedchambers, and ran up to the door, knocking heavily on it with his bony hand. "M'Lady?! Are you alright?!" He asked loudly, waiting a moment before doing anything more. He heard nothing for a few moments, so he readied his sword and mentally alarmed the rest of the guards. He chose not to wake the lord himself, at least not until he knew for sure something was wrong. He swung the door up, and peered into the dark room with the small green orbs of seeing.

Rashara heard the guard knock on the door, shouting from the closet, hoping he would hear her. "Something came in through the window! I swear it! something was next to my bed!!" The Princess' voice wavered with her overwhelming fear, bringing her closer and closer to tears with every shallow breath. Her body was huddled in the corner of the deep closet, like it had been when she first came back to life.

Rashara slowly opened the door by a crack, looking out to see the skeletal guardsman and cringe. "Did you find anything?"

The guard stood silent for a few moments, as he looked around the room, before he took a few steps forward, his boots stomping heavily against the floor. The room seemed completely devoid of life, including the Lady. He heard something behind him, and threw himself around, sword at the ready, only to see Rashara peeking out from the closet. He stood a bit straighter for a moment, before replying "No, M'Lady, it seems clea..." Before he could finish, something small sprang out from under the bed, and jumped out the window, giving the guard no time to react. The guard ran over to the window, peering out into the darkness, only to see a small figure speeding down the hill.
The guard ceased the alarm, just as another guard poked it's head through the door. "It seemed just to be a Goblin, M'Lady. Small, foul creatures that are more likely to flee than attack you. They infest some caves further down the mountain, and no matter how many times we try to get rid of them, there always seem to be more of them. They occasionally come up here to try to steal some shiny things or food, but as I said, unless they're forced into a corner, they're not going to hurt you. Probably not even then." The guard explained, as the second one returned to his patrol. "I could stay guard outside your room for the rest of the night, if you wish M'Lady?" He offered.

Rashara came pouring out of the closet, her eyes more confused than scared.

"Goblins? What kind of world did was I reborn into?" She laughed, but the sound was more meloncholy than amused. "why is it when I was alive...TRULY alive, I never heard of such things outside of children's stories?" Her head cocked to the side, looking at the gaurd. It wasn't Edward, but he looked quite similar. The Princess' eyes drifted to the window, closing it and peering out, not seeing anything down below but the base of the tree and the wild grass that grew around it.

"Either way, thank you for responding so swiftly...what shall I call you?" Rashara swirled around and held out her hand, smiling and thanking him for his service.

The guard took her hand and pressed it to his mouth, as if kissing it, forgetting his own lip-less form. "My name is William, M'Lady." He let go of her hand. "And it was my pleasure, as well as my duty."

"As for the children's stories, they tend to be based on something, do they not? And what better to base them on than some creatures that hide in misty mountains, that the children will most likely never visit, especially not with such stories? Creatures like goblins hide everywhere though. More of them hiding here as well. Most of them aren't widely known, however. Either due to their own hiding, or due to someone else attempting to hide them." William explained, as he sheathed his sword again. "Now, does the lady have any more questions for the night, or should I take my station outside your door?"

Rashara blushed at the cold sensation left by williams skeletal face as it touched her pale skin.

"Thank you...but I am too tired to even consider questioning this crazy place" She chuckled lightly, covering her mouth with her wists and dropping her other hand to her silken night gown. "I shall return to bed" Rashara bowed her head in respect and walked back to her large sized bed, crawling into the blankets and almost instantly falling asleep.

Morning came quickly after her midnight scare, leaving the Princess a bit tired and feeling a bit lack luster. She wondered what DeLoch had planned for the day, getting herself out of bed and into a simple blue cotton dress and black leather flats, sitting down at the armoir to brush her hair and apply some easy makeup to feel presentable.

William simply nodded at her words, before walking out and closing the door quietly behind him, taking his place outside her door.

Lord DeLoch awoke from his slumber, feeling well rested in the morning. He felt a message lingering in the back of his mind, yet he figured it was just the goblins getting into the pantry again. He ignored it and let it slip out of his mind, and started getting his robes back on. He was about to leave his room as he realized he should at least try to look decent, now that there was a lady in the castle and everything. He walked over to the large mirror, and looked at himself. His goatee was possibly getting a bit long, and his hair was rather unkempt. He used his hands to fix his hair a bit, and figured that'd have to do for now.
After a few minutes, he was outside Rashara's door. He knocked gently and asked through it "If the Princess is awake, would she care to join me for dinner?"

The sound of the light knocking on the door turned Rashara's head, catching her attention. She didn't hear who it was, but she smiled and set down her fancy brisled hair brush. She threaded a pair of simple silver earings in her lobes, sighing as she watched them dangle and glisten in the light of the room. Every thing she had was a meloncholy reminder of her mother and father, gifts they had given her and things that had been passed down through her family.

She wondered how DeLoch came in possession of her items, knowing her mother would not simply part with them.

"Come in~" She called, turning in her seat and crossing her legs, gazing toward the door with her bright green eyes.

There was a few moments of silence, where DeLoch almost thought she was still asleep, before he heard her telling him to enter. He slowly opened the door and entered her room.

"Good morning, My Lady. How are you doing after your first night of normal sleep once more? Better than your previous awakening, I hope?" He asked, wanting to make sure there were no lingering effects of her death. She was the first one he had brought back in such a way after all. And he wouldn't truly know if there was anything wrong with the spell unless something happened to her. Though he truly hoped there was nothing wrong with her though, even if it meant that his spell had possibly been ever so slightly off.

"It was alright I suppose, though you did fail to mention the Goblins" She teased him, wrinkling her nose at the fear she had felt during the night. "The little bugger scared me something terrible in the middle of the night!" The Princess stood and walked to the window.

"William tells me that their are many fantastic creatures in your kingdom, that is most interesting. I can't say i'm surprised considering..." She rolled her hands down her body, obviously bringing up the fact that he ressurected her into consideration. "If this magic exists, so must all else"

"Ah, I didn't think they had gotten to such large numbers that they dared come all the way up here already. I suppose I should send someone down there to lessen their numbers sometime soon..." Victor said, as he walked over to the window as well.

"Ah, yes. I suppose these kinds of creatures are all that well know outside of these areas. But yes, we do have quite a few exotic things around here. Some even down in the castle dungeons." He chuckled slightly. "That isn't true though. All magic one hears about isn't real, at least not as far as I know. Though, yes, many of them are real indeed. Most are a bit secluded these days, but they are still there, hiding in the corners, waiting for their chance to come back into the world at large."

"these things are new to me..." She looked out the window again. "I knew there was magic in the world, but it seems like I was only aware of the very tip of the iceburg. She smiled warmly, turning to the fair Lord and bowing her head. "what reason have you for dungeons?" She cocked her head curiously to the side, assuming it was the same reason her father had them too.

"If possible, I would like to shadow you today. See what a day in the life of DeLoch is like" Princess Rashara giggled, wiggling her fingers in the air as if it were something mystical.

"Ah, but now that you have seen the tip, the rest is far easier to find as well!" DeLoch said with enthusiasm. "And I have my dungeons both for those who break the law, and for creatures to study, as well as a few that I have decided to keep, in the case that I should need them." He smiled with a hint of cheekiness. "Many creatures have useful features, you see."

"Why shadow me, when you could accompany me? I don't have to change my routines just because you are with me, but I'd rather speak to the one following me all that, rather than simply having it sitting in the shadows, staring at me." He said with a slight laugh. "I've actually had that happen a few times..." He shook his head slightly, as if to brush away the thoughts. "Anyway, I usually start my day with some breakfast. And even though your body doesn't need food, getting some could still be good for you, as your mind most likely is still used to three meals a day, and would react, even if your body doesn't need it." He explained, before he started for the door. "Shall we?"

The sound of excitement that filled DeLoch's voice was reflected by the expression on his face. She was interested in learning more about the 'creatures' he mentioned, and he was obviously willing to take her along.

"Well, there was no way that I planned on being a silent spectator, but I didn't want to get in your way. After all, this is all new to me" She smiled as she crossed the room, her long pale legs carrying her swiftly over the floor and to the doorway.

"Breakfast does sound delicious!" She added, letting her hand rest on the doorframe as she turned her head of red waves to look back at him. "It is the best way to start the day, afterall~"

"Indeed it is." Victor said, as they started walking down the halls. "What do you wish for breakfast then? Eggs and bacon? Bread and jam? Ham? We've got a rather well stocked pantry here at the castle." His green eyes blinked of green for a small moment as he linked up to the mental network he had established, connecting the guards and a few other things around the castle, to make sure everything was in order, and that the kitchen-workers got ready for the incoming orders.

"I suppose ham and biscuits sound good. Thank you" She bowed her head as she followed him down the stairs. She had noticed the look in his eyes, but decided not to ask, not even sure what it was exactly she was witnessing.

The castle was bustling with activity, many skeletal beings walking around and taking care of the place the way they had be told to. Rashara watched them as DeLoch led her to the dining room.

"You have quite and interesting family here, though I can understand how it could be lonely. You are still living yourself, right?" She tilted her head to look at him. He was quite handsome, but she couldn't tell if he was more like herself than she knew.

"Ham and biscuits it will be then." Victor replied, sending a message down to the kitchen to prepare the food until they were down there.

He hesitated a few moments, before replying to her. "I wouldn't really call us a family, as I pay them and give them free lodgings in exchange for their labor... By the one... You're right! We are a family!" He laughed as they kept walking, as he slowly went silent again before answering her question, yet dodging it slightly. "I can assure you, I am quite different both from you and my, heh, family in the castle here."

"Well, if that isn't purposefully mysterious, than I don't know what is~" She leaned in against him flirtatiously, feeling a bit more like herself now that her initial day of copeing was over. She was surprisingly resilliant, bouncing back from her scare easily and wrapping her young mind around her new existance. Her chest grazed against his arm on accident making her pull back and stand straight. She turned her face from him, not wanting him to see her blush.

"What is life without a bit of mystery, eh?" He asked, chuckling slightly. He smiled slightly wider as she started leaning against him, and suddenly felt a pleasant surprise rub against his arm. He looked at her for a moment, realizing it had been on accident and felt a slight disappointment. For a moment he had dared think that she had warmed up to him, so to say, but apparently not as much as he had wished.

"I suppose that is the type of life you live here. It seems plenty mysterious and full of spleandor." She smiled, turning to look at him, a slight reminence of her blush still remaining on her cheeks.

"Much different than what i'm used to... I can say that much confidently." She wasn't sure if the smile on his face was from their conversation or their accidential touch, but she assumed the latter. She felt awkward, knowing that he brought her back with the intention to marry her, it felt forced, and she didn't mean to give him the wrong idea...

"So... yeah..." She seemed t fumble over her words, finally using the scent of breakfast as an ice breaker. "It smells delicious!"