The undead princess

Victor couldn't help but to smile ever so slightly as she took his hands. "That is what I've done here. This is my little sanctuary. Where life and death is side by side." As he spoke, he let go of her one hand and motioned towards the village further up on the hill, before taking her hand again. "But as the tale goes, they care nothing about if people in the empire are happy or not. It's the walking dead they care about. But I suppose we could attempt to send some undead down to the nearest town, in an attempt not to be killed for what he is..." He suggested, as his vision went downwards again.

Rashara thought for a moment, a long drawn out moment that if not for the twinging of a vein in Victor's neck, would have led her to believe time has stopped. It was not the pumping of blood that kept her attention, but the traveling of magics through his body, since his blood had most likely been dried up for centuries.

"let me do it" She said confidently. "I look as much alive as I was before I passed, surely I can convince them that I am not something to be feared..." She looked into victor's eyes and smiled. "We could do it together, possibly?" The idea of clearing the name of DeLoch's village spread excitement through her mind. If she could help him with this, her new home would remain safe.

"Could that work?"

"Well... I don't really know... I mean, isn't some of the point that they should know that we aren't... alive? That's not obvious about any of us, and I feel that telling them would be a bit... odd." He said, giving her hand a soft squeeze.

"But then again... I suppose I could use a visit to a different village than my own... I mean, other than looking for someone like you, I haven't really been out of here for many reasons..." He admitted, giving her a slightly sheepish smile.

"But what if you had the chance to prove to them that your magic isn't all bad? That its uses extentend from simply raising the dead as means of slavery?" She looked down at her body, then back at him. "You said yourself that I was the epiphony of your work thus far. Why not let people see that I am not a slave and what you did was out of goodness?"

Rashara hoped that whatever they did, it would bring good news to DeLoch's village.

"Well, yes, you are the greatest work I've ever done. But how can you prove that I'm simply not controlling you? I mean... We could try, but I don't know how well it'll work." Victor was quiet for a few seconds. "And going to the nearest village could be interesting... It's been some time since last, as I've mentioned."
Once more he went quiet for a few seconds, before he added "And if we ask around a bit, maybe we could find a Elven village as well. Then I won't have to go through all those Elven books." He suggested.

"I'm not worried about that" She held up her hands, setting the boundries of the conversation with her palms toward his face. "I'm interested in helping you avoid scrutiny. My own desires can wait." She turned her back from him, setting her hands on the railing to watch the Inquisitor and his group walk into the distance. It was funny how connected she felt with the place already, as if in some what, Victor did have control over her. Purhaps that was the way of being ressurected. Maybe she was reborn to have a bond with him despite actually caring to or not; she would never truly know.

"Let's go, you have to prepare..." With that the aubern haired princess walked down from the battlements, and towards their horses, ready to follow and observe Victors leadership.

"If that is your wish." Victor said with a slight smile from the hands on his face. "But I suppose I do have some preparations to do..." He said, as he started following Rashara down the stairs, towards their horses once more.

After he had gotten onto Shadowmare, he turned towards Edward. "You know what to do, Sir Edward. Get the troops ready for awakening and keep a watch for the Inquisitor. Once he is spotted, I shall get down here and awaken the troops, allowing us to crush our enemy once more!" What had started as a simple order to Edward had almost turned into a speech for the rest of his men as well.

He turned back towards Rashara. "Let's go out the gate, away from home, shall we?"

The idea of battle made Rashara extremely nervous. She had read about the great wars of the past, the men who separated the continent and made her Father's posistion as King possible. Despite her textbook knowlege, she was never allowed to view it up close. Even when being driven from one place to another, her eyes were covered in order to preserve her innocence. A silly tradition that left her unprepared for the cruel nature of the world.

The most blood she had ever seen was displayed as black pools of quil ink across a page of her fathers record books. Still, a hint of excitment pulsed through her veins as she neared the castle, entering the main courtyard yet again, ready to follow Victor with his errands.

Victor jumped off his horse and handed the reins to the stable boy as they entered the courtyard. "We should probably change into some clean clothes before we head in out to town, don'y you think? We'd make bad examples if we came down there, looking like this, no?" Victors asked Rashara, as he looked down on his dirt covered robes. As his gaze climbed again, he looked over her dress, to asses how dirtied he'd made her. Yet he became rather distracted by her curves, and ended up staring for a moment, before his eyes went back up to her's.

The mentioning of the condition of their clothing made Rashara blush, turning her head to avoid his gaze as the memory of what she had so bodly done in the feild came back to her. Pale cheeks turned bright crimson as she dismounted Mara and followed him silently, only nodding in way of aggreement. She still wondered, what had come over her, why she had been so brash as to connect their lips. He had told her only moments before that he was thousands of years old, a lich harboring the power of dark magic and the power to bring the dead back to life.

It was a strange connection, but a connection still.

As they entered the castle again, Victor spoke over his shoulder to Rashara. "So, do you want to be connected to the web before we leave, or do you want to savor that to afterwards?" He asked, as they walked towards the chambers. "As I said, it's a quick process for someone of your kind. It has more benefits to be like, than just being almost alive, after all." He chuckled slightly. "If we do, it'll allow us to speak without being noticed among the living, after all."

The Princess tried to keep up with Victor's fast pace, keeping only a step or two behind him until he brought up the mental link again. She had given it little thought when she agreed to do it before, but now the nervousness was finally settling in. "I.... I guess" Her voice was but a whisper in the wide hallway leading to DeLoch's chamber, following him curiously and quietly. The point of this second chance was to live a life opposite to the one she had known, to experiance all that she could and see the world from a new perspective.

"You guess? That doesn't sound very certain. And I'm not going to force you into this linking, if you don't want it." He said, stopping and turning towards her. "Its a link of convenience. If you don't want it, then you don't need it." He turned, and started walking again. The web was a thing he had gotten used to, to a level where he didn't really think of it most of the time anymore. There was almost always a message or two going in and out, though most of them were insignificant.

"no!" she waved her hands in front of her and smiled awkwardly. "I do want it, i'm just nervous...that's all..." She cast her eyes down at her clothing, looking at the stained fabric and remembering that moment in the field.

"The sooner i'm connected, the sooner I can help" Rashara pushed past him and went into her room, picking out an outfit that was better suited for the running around and preperations that they would have to do in the days coming. She tied her long red hair up in a sloppy bun as she searched through her personal effects, finding a journal she had kept with her at all times. She would have to add to it, but now was simply not the time.

Before long, she had come back out into the hall, dressed in a pair of dark tan pants and tall brown leather boots. Her top half was sheathed by a simple linen shirt and held tight by a brown leather vest.

"Let's do it."

"Very well." Victor called after Rashara as she left, before he went into his own room. He figured he'd have to wear something less likely to attract attention of those not liking undead. So in other words, not the robes of a necromancer... He walked into his closet, going deeper than he had been in quite some time.
When he finally came out again, he wore a pair of black leather pants, a white shirt, and a blue, rather fancy jacket. He walked out again, meeting the princess with a smile. "Very well! Lets get back to the stables then!"

"You clean up well M'Lord" Rashara's eyes moved up and down his frame with a look of approval, flirtatiously swaying her hips as he gave the direction. Being around Victor was more and more enjoyable as she stayed around him. She wasn't sure if it was on her own accord, or by he way of some sort of bond they might have shared through the magics he had used to ressurect her. Still, it was invigorating to act outwardly and speaking her mind.

"how many times have you done this before?" She curiously arched a brow as she followed him back towards the stables, wanting to know more about his past now that she knew his identity.

"Done whOH! Lets not go back to the stables yet! I forgot the whole linking!" He said, suddenly turning around, and starting to lead he back again, past their rooms, and towards his library.
"Sorry, what were you saying? How many times I've done this before? If you mean, 'gone to a human village', then a few times. Or rather, I used to be one, so many times. But if you mean linking someone up? Then I'll have to say: More times than I can be bothered to remember. More times than that I can't be bothered to do it myself, most of the times. I've taught some of my servants to do it. But you are a bit more than just another servant!" He said, as he pushed open the door to the library, revealing what seemed to be an never ending hall, filled with bookcase after bookcase, filled with tomes and books. A skeleton in robes, sitting by a table, writing suddenly jumped as the door opened.
"Oh! M'lord! I wasn't expecting you! And the lady herself! Finally I get to meet you! I am Leonardo! Head librarian!" He said, as he stood with a smile.