The undead princess

"Thats good." Victor said, a slight hint of joy in his voice. "I'm getting some reports that there are someone approaching the gates to my lands, yet they won't be there for at least an hour yet. So we still have some time, if you wish to talk about anything more right now. And if not, its not our last chance to talk, after all. But if I may ask a question; you know of the Empire of Mankind, do you not?" He asked, looking down at her pretty face.

Rashara noticed the shift in color within his eyes, which she had recently leaned was a signal of conversation between his servants and himself. It was fascinating how they could talk without being in the same room. She reached up and cupped his face, suddenly feeling a wave of adoration for her new Lord.

"Can I link to that beuatiful mind as well? Or is that only for servants?" She smiled, leaning her head back against his chest and sighing, finally allowing her body to relax. This wasn't her first life, she had no reason to be so nervous and jagged around him. He was a man and she was a woman, dead or alive, it was different.

Victor looked down at the woman relaxing against him with a smile. "I offered you that over breakfast, did I not? And you said it was not necessary. Have you suddenly changed your mind for a reason?" He simply smiled at her for a moment. "But yes. If you wish to be connected to the network, I can do that. Or, if you would prefer, I could link you only to me. No matter which one you chose, you can sever the link at any time. A little luxury most of my servants does not have." He gave a light chuckle at his own comment.

"I had to think about it..." She blushed, turning her face away from him. "It seemed so advasive at first but now that I understand you more, it seems like a way of protection and communication..." Her cheeks were bright red. Those reasons were honest enough, but that wasn't all. She wanted to be in his head and have him in her own, somehow, it seemed romantic to her. "I think I would like to be connected to as much as I can, to be safe" She turned back to him and smiled, letting him hold her closer before realizing what she was doing and pulling forward a bit. When she was alive, she wouldn't have been allowed to be this close to a man, not ever! Now that she was undead, it still tugged at her brain that it was wrong, but she didn't care. She didn't care what Victor was and she didn't care about those stupid mortal rules anymore!

Victor looked down at her with a smile, his hand still rubbing her gently, yet he now noticed it, but didn't stop. "I'm glad you trust me enough for this then. You might hear voices for a bit after I connect you, but it'll pass as soon as I teach you how to block them. But until then, you'll be as safe as you can be here. With someone of your kind, it'll take a small ritual to connect you, as you're a bit more advanced that my servants. But we can do it as soon as we get back to the castle, if you wish?" The lord was happy that she trusted him as much as she seemed to be. His servants and subjects of course trusted him, yet in a completely different way. This kind of trust he hadn't had for centuries.

Rashara's trimmed brow wrinkled as he mentioned a ritual. Of course, she should have expected something like that. What was magic without it's rituals and ceremonial offerings? She leaned forward out of his lap and turned around, keeping a space between them. Her body had grown accustomed to his soothing carress, regretting her change of position almost instantly.

"I'm not sure I want to go through with it until I know what the...ritual...entails..." She kept her bright green eyes on him, curious and locked on his features.

Victor didn't quite like that Rashara pulled away from him, even if it was to turn around and be face to face with him. "Oh, its a simple ritual. It needs nothing but a very simple arcane ring and a few moments of concentration on my part. Then we will never have to utter a single word to each other again. I will admit that I prefer actually talking when near someone else." He explained. "You might feel a slight tingling as it happens, and as mentioned, voices appearing in your head, but I will make sure to keep communication to a minimum right after that."

Rashars nodded at him, narrowing her eyes only a bit before standing up. "I guess that doesn't sound all too bad..." she kept her eyes on him as she extended her hand down to help him up. "Need help old man?" She giggled at him, feeling a renewed spark of playfullness.
If she was going to enjoy this new life here with him, she was going to listen to her gut and not regret anything. The idea of having fun without fear of becoming ill made her bubble over with energy.

Victor smiled and took her hand, and got to his feet with her help. "Hey, I might be a couple of centuries older than you, but that does not mean my physical age is any more than yours!" He said with a bad impression of being an old grumpy guy. "And that's because we used to be much healthier back in my day! We climbed mountains with howling snowstorms and fought off wolves, just to get to school!" He kept on, unable to hide his smile and laughter.

Rashara laughes, dusting off her dress with her hands and looking around the field as he spoke. She could help but laugh, gathering up the extra fabric that crowded around her ankles so she could make a quick escape. "If you are calling yourself and elder, I suppose I won't argue with you" She rolled her eyes at him, fluttering her lashes flirtatiously.

"Besides, I don't think I could take an old man as a husband, that is just creepy" She poked his chest and ran off in the opposite direction, hoping he would relax and take up a playful chase.

Victor chuckled and started chasing after the princess. "Well, you can't even run faster than a old man!" He laughed after her. "And this creepy old man is gonna catch you!" He laughed, making sure to not actually catch up with her, yet to get close enough to graze her dress with a few swipes. He had to admit to himself, he was having fun. Fun in a way he hadn't had in decades, at least!

Rashara was childishly entertained by the chase, having never really been able to play outside or do anything that a child would craze to experiance. Her life had been filled with storybooks and visits from the royal healer; deffinitely not something that a growing girl imagines being exciting. Her face flushed quickly, not being used to any sort of physical activity. Her legs cramped as she rounded an arch in the high grass, hitting a sudden dip in the feild and flailing forward as she tumbled down to the earth.

"Wah!" She hit the ground hard, spitting out a bit of dirt that had flung up in her moment of panic. Rashara rolled onto her back, folding the tell grass under her body and remaining quite; wondering if Victor would find her.

Victor kept chasing Rashara, chuckling heartily as he did. He had to admit, as childish as it was, he was damn well having fun! Suddenly, she disappeared around a arch, yet he quickly followed.

But she was gone. Almost as if she had just vanished into thin air. Yet suddenly hit something with his foot, falling forward, face planting into the dirt. He pushed his face off the ground and shaking off most of the dirt. He turned his head and looked at what he had hit, only to see Rashara there. "Well, hello there! What are a girl like you doing face-down in the dirt like this?" He asked with a smile, before he pulled his feet off her and standing up. He dusted off his robes a bit, before turning to Rashara and offering her a hand. "Need some help?"

Rashara groaned when suddenly she was kicked and tripped over. His foot hooked under her leg, tearing her dress up the side and making a jagged V that reached all the way all up her thigh. She was flopped back onto her front, now thoroughly dusted with dirt. She scoffed and laughed at him as she sat up, looking at her torn dress and blushing.

"Oh you're in so much trouble!" she grunted, reaching up to grab his hand but pulling back with all her strength. His body tumbled on top of hers, making her let out a sharp exhale as she twisted her midsection to crawl on top of him and grab a fistfull of dirt to grind into his robe.

"HeheheWHOA!" Victor said as he was suddenly pulled down on top of Rashara. He laughed as she threw them around, and sat on top of him, starting to smear his robes. "Hey, hey, hey! Don't make me retaliate!" He laughed, as he tried to block her attacks. He cared absolutely noting about his robes or anything like that, because she was just smiling too damn much.
Since she refused to stop, he suddenly threw her to the side, and rolled on top of her, before taking fistfuls of dirt as well, and started smearing it all over her dress, relishing in the pure fun of it.

Their wrists and hands clashes as Victor attempted to stop the barrade of dirt she was flinging at his waist and chest. His sudden retalliation caught her off guard, pushing a squeak of surprise from between her rosey lips as she suddenly was on the ground. Her green eyes darted over his body as he held himself over her, unable to control the lip biting reaction their closeness brought on. She was almost completely unaffected by how he was smearing her dress with dirt . Rashara just laid there, watching him, almost as if enchanted.

Victor kept smearing her dress with dirt for a few moments before he noticed that she wasn't resisting at all. He stopped smearing her, and looked down at her. "Something wrong, princess?" He asked, a slightly worried look on his face. For a moment, he almost thought she was in a shock or something like that. He put his hands over her shoulders and leaned down towards her slightly. "You almost look like you've seen a ghost..." He said, still worried.

Rashara's mind was still as his visage held all of her attention. Almost as if she could not control herself, she had propped herself up on her elbows and was pressing her lips to Victor's. Eyes closed, she felt no resistance as she took the bold move. Rashara sighed contentedly feeling the positive vibes coming off him. There was an awkward silence as she pulled back, licking her lips to taste the sweetness of the kiss that lingered. Soon enough, her eyes opened again and she found herself embarrassed and apologetic.

"I'm...I'm so sorry Lord, I don't know what came over me..."

Victor was shocked as Rashara kissed him gently. It was a awkward and inexperienced kiss, yet it was making him feel like he hadn't in years. Almost alive again...
But all too soon, she pulled away again, almost taking the feeling with it. "Noh... No, it's okay... I..." He was silent for a moment, before he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips in return. As he pulled away again, he looked her in the eyes and said "It's very much okay..."

The princess had no idea what to say or do, instead, she simply watched him-eyes full of a childish captivation. Besides her Mother or Father, Victor was the first person she had ever kissed! Her heart fluttered in her chest with an adolecent awakening of feelings she was never allowed to feel.

Suddenly, from the other side of the feild, Victor's horse stomped it feet. The ground virated under the weight of the massive stead, only making Rashara jolt into awareness.
"What... what's happening?"