The Uncanny X-Men (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Disney saw our awesome RP and was like.... yeah we should do that too! BUY BUY BUY!

• Love
Reactions: OppositeInverse
Hello! I just noticed this and I wondered if it would still be possible for me to apply? (I read the IC and saw you started recently, but still better ask first just in case in my opinion :P)

I don't desire to apply as a canon mutant, but as OC twins. The Sister will have Earth-based powers, and the brother will have gravity-altering powers (Will begin with affecting himself only and develop to affecting a small area around him, including other people)

Hello! I just noticed this and I wondered if it would still be possible for me to apply? (I read the IC and saw you started recently, but still better ask first just in case in my opinion :P)

I don't desire to apply as a canon mutant, but as OC twins. The Sister will have Earth-based powers, and the brother will have gravity-altering powers (Will begin with affecting himself only and develop to affecting a small area around him, including other people)
Sorry we're getting pretty focused on OC's so I'm only allowing comic characters from this point onward.

Updated my Marrow application for consideration.

I left the background blank for now until I can confirm if The Morlocks are a thing in this universe. Otherwise I could have her be a defender/provider for the city homeless population.
PM me we can discuss details

Sorry we're getting pretty focused on OC's so I'm only allowing comic characters from this point onward.

Thats alright. Hope this roleplay thrives ^^

Reactions: Rosé Moon
Is it still possible to get in on this? I'd love to have an original character X-Men in an MCU environment.

EDIT: I read other comments and found my answer! Funny how that works! I'll have a character sheet for "Rocky" up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • rpmXA3p.jpg

gnKvd0J.jpg
  • Jacklyn "Rocky", "Jacki" Holly

Female
    5'4''
    116 ibs
    Vagabond

A hard head, and a good heart. Jacklyn Holly is the girl who always wants to do good, and help those who need it. Wanting though, she's learned isn't always enough. Jacklyn is a coward. For all the people she wants to save, and all the good she wants to do - when danger turns it's ugly head, she can't help by freeze, or hide, or even run. It is her shame, and she refuses to admit it. She grew up in a world where aliens rained from the sky, and heroes rose to fight them. But all she's ever been able to do is hide. Hiding and running has always only been encouraged, so she does.

Without danger, Jacklyn can be charming, sarcastic and witty but her heart is always kind, and she's more then willing to help others with whatever they might ask of her. In fact, she might just let others walk over her. Careful, the pebbles you tread over.

Hobbies and Skills:
    Jacklyn is an avid collector. Jacklyn is a fond collector of things she deems interesting. It is the epitome of one man's trash, being another's treasure. From rocks and gems, keys and watches, to yarn and socks. She doesn't wear the socks she finds. Just... washes and catalogs them. Jacklyn is intrigued by the actions of others. What makes them do the things they do. This comes from her fear, and her love of the heroes in public eye. Why do they fight? This can make her seem intrusive to her friends and comrades, but it is of great interest to her.

Powers & Abilities: Jacklyn, given the nickname "Rocky", refers to herself as an 'Rock Avatar'.

• Mineral Skin - The girl possess the power to turn her skin into whatever geode or mineral she desires. Be it diamond or calcite. This can make her nearly invulnerable, but using the power is like, say, sprinting. At first your fine, thirty seconds later you might be out of breath and hagard if you're not practiced, and the tougher the substance she transforms her skin to, the quicker she drains. However, if she calls on a substance that is nearby, she can use that to help the effects last longer.
    • Geokinesis - Using already present materials, Rocky can reach out to control elements of earth as she sees fit. Although this is a rather unpracticed ability, it doesn't seem to be as physically draining as her Mineral Skin. Instead, it seems to pull on her mental strength. Lifting small rocks is easy, but how she is now, lifting boulders for extended periods of time can lead to splitting headaches, and nose bleeds aplenty.
    • Mineral Kinesis - A crude name that is actually just the combination of her mental and physical powers. When morphing her skin into, say, rock, she can then use geokinesis to alter her form. For example, should she harden her arm into rock, she can then shape the rock into a sharp, spear like point. This is risky business however, because she has to have the wherewithal to form it back before unhardening, otherwise she'll retain that shape with her regular flesh. Not ideal.
  • As far as childhoods went, Jacklyn would like to think her's was as typical as they came. Mom and dad, town-house in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, in a small town called Avon. This mountainous town was a wonderful place for adventurous youth - peaks on all sides, thick with life and wilderness. Plenty for any child to lose days in, and that exactly what Jacky and her friends would do just that every weekend. The closest of these friends, was a young boy name Vincent. Vincent was the brave type; trying to imitate some World War I hero he was always reading about. Jacklyn didn't known anything about all that, but did she did know that when Vincent would lead them up the trails of the mountains around their town, she was always right behind him trying to make herself more useful. Perhaps with a compass, or carrying extra water or food in her pack. Of course, there was a day when all this changed.

No longer children, in 2014, some of these youths would still climb the trails of these mountain. Now though, they would hike up much more dangerous paths. They done it for years, they were young and invincible. Vincent, the leader being one of the few who'd kept climbing all these years, had decided that today was the day they would start actual rock climbing. It could get them to the top much faster, and it was much more exciting. Jacklyn was... not excited about this idea. She would've said she was scared, had anybody suggested this other then her crush. SO of course, through a nervous voice, she agreed that they should climb a cliff wall. After all, Vincent claimed he'd tested it himself before, and they all had the gear. Why not? He was never wrong. He was perfect in Jacklyn's eyes.

So they climbed, tied together, and those ropes tied to various anchors in the cliff side. Jacklyn went first, the third friend, Ben, went second and Vincent was at the bottom. "If either of you fall, I'm surely strong enough to hold on and make sure none of us go to far!" His words of bravery were like church bells to Jacklyn, so it was easy to see why she was happy Ben was between them now. She was afraid. Her knees shook, her teeth were grinding and she was having trouble gripping any handholds she could find. Fear had poisoned her. Her breath grew quick. Suddenly, she couldn't breath at all. Sounds began escaping her, so she lowered her head and closed her eyes, doing her best to try and calm her breathing, after all, she'd been scared before but always found a way to pull through. Then she opened her eyes. When she saw the sheer drop below her, the composure she'd held up until then vanished. She stopped ascending and pulled herself close to the cliff, scrambling her feet to find a more faithful old. Her hands followed suit, searching for a better hold, Surely, there was one, right? Right!? No. She let go to search for a better hand hold with one hand, and the weak grip she'd had on her other gave away. Both hands left the cliff and she plummeted backwards, watching as her legs fell away from the cliff too. Ben passed, yelling something. Then Vincent. Of course! He'd catch her! He did.

Vincent's outstretched arm had found purchase on Jacklyn's ankle, and he'd managed to stop her fall, and hold on. He was strong, he hadn't been wrong. The anchors in the cheap tools he'd bought though, weren't nearly as strong. Thanks to the tug, they one-by-one began to pop from the mountain side, leaving Jacklyn to watch as relief began to sweep over Ben's face, only for the tie he'd hung onto to lose anchor and for him to plummet. Then Vincent. Then her.

They were all screaming, but Jacklyn only heard herself. Only heard herself because as she saw the boys fall away, and expecting herself to follow the cliff side... moved. It reached out to her and covered her arm. Saving her from gravity, but forcing her to watch her best friends fall and hit the ground with a crunch that made her throw up. After a moment of hanging from the mountain, she realized she was hanging from the cliffside by her arm, which had been effectively dislocated from the shoulder as if the cliff, itself, had grasped her. The pathetic cry that left her as she tried to pull away was one she'd never forget, because it wasn't one for her friends, or to pull herself free, but because in that moment she'd wanted to fall with them. It seemed the better choice then watching them all... die.

The sun fell, and it was only thanks to the cold wind that she came forth from her shock, and when she came to she saw the flashing lights on the ground beneath. It seemed someone had got worried and called the rescue services. It made sense. They had known better to climb after dark, and if they were staying overnight, they always let their parents know.

Forest services had been bewildered on how to get the girl off the mountain side, but at some point she just, kind of, fell out. As if the mountain had released her. She was taken to a hospital, and, besides her arm, she was perfectly fine. Then came the questioning. While explaining her story, she'd said she'd been at top, so when she'd said the others had fallen because the anchors had given way, but she'd managed to find a way to hold on, she'd gone from fellow victim to suspect faster then she could follow. That didn't matter though. Apart from the death of her two things, things had started happening to her. Around her. Gravel would stick to her. She'd lift a hand too fast and rocks would fly up. It terrified her, and in the back of her head, a thought rooted that scared her more then anything else; what if this was how the anchors came undone? The rocks seemed to react to her will, but that power was amplified by emotion. What if when she panicked they'd some how...

She stopped thinking about it. Before the court hearing to declare her innocence or guilt she used her power to run as far away as she could. Now she wanders. Place to place, and town to town. Unsure if she killed her friends, or what she is, but she's started a rock collection she's rather fond of.

... Really hope this isn't dead... I had high hopes for this one.

I agree with you completely. Near as I can tell, Nightwing95 is the sole missing element.

Status
Not open for further replies.