The Tulpa Phenomena OOC/Sign-ups

• Thread starter MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  • Start date
Hey, guys! Just wanted to inform you that I'm still working on the CS (don't ask why it's taking me too long...) and if I don't post it till Sunday, please start without me. Also, I'll firstly post the sheet, and eventually a picture (which is taking me absolutely nowhere, to be honest). I'm sorry for being such a bother! (And I won't be able to format my posts either, cause my phone is stupid and I won't be having wi-fi for a week or so.)

I'm sorry for being so slow with this and keeping it shorter than your sheets. But at last, it's here! If there are any complaints towards this or if something doesn't fit, notify me immediately! And I'm looking forward to your opinions on it! \(°w°)/ (I'm done with the drawings, by the way ~)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General characteristics

Name: Dolorea Clemorsia ('Dolor' is the Latin word for 'pain', 'suffering' and 'misery'; 'Clemor' is for 'crying' and 'tears'.)

Nicknames: Dolor

Age: Unknown of age. Seems in the end of her teenage years.

Gender: Doesn't appear to have any genitalia nor breasts, but has female features such as a curvy body and higher cheekbones. Goes by 'she'.

Species: She is a humanoid, but not exactly human. You could call her a dark entity of such sort, similar to a shadow without any outlines of clothing. But when exposed to sunlight, she changes into a human and seems to be wearing human clothes.

Powers: Dolor is capable of hiding into her owner's shadow, as well as other living beings', items', buildings', etc. But she doesn't shapeshift to look just like the outline of theirs; instead, she changes the form of her shadow into a smaller one, so it could hide 'into' the being's/item's shadow.

Outlook characteristics

Appearance: She is half shadow, half human. In her shadow form she seems to be made out of really really thick smoke, that you can't even call smoke. The materia can't be cut through, nor blown away. It's shaped just like Dolor in her human form, but without any outline of clothing. Most of the time she's in that form, Dolor prefers to stay 'on' a wall, flooring or anything that can be casted a shadow upon. Yes, on it, but as a flat image. And something to be mentioned is that the smoke she's made of is extremely dense. The original materia is noticed only when she crawls into a shadow, but still looking like something extremely thick.
20140705122949582.png

Her human form can be seen only when exposed to sunlight or any other kind of light source. But if there are shadows nearby(which means almost always), then she can choose to hide into theirs. In her human form she is 161cm(5,3ft) in height and 53kg(117lb) in weight. Dolor's hair is shoulder length, hay blond and usually tied in two pigtails, but the hairbands are tied at the end of each pigtail. Her bangs reach the upper part of her eyes and are situated on her right side. Her eyes are dark brown, almost black, and round-ish.
20140709143630924.png

Clothing choice and memorable accessories: She prefers wearing warm clothes such as sweaters. As for the bottom, she likes wearing straight jeans and sneakers. She doesn't wear any accessories.

Distinguishable and/or odd traits: Her eyes. The thing that is noticeable are her always-teary eyes. And the fact that she rarely smiles. The only occasion when she would smile is when her owner asks her to. Dolor just fakes a smile and then bursts into tears after she realises that was a pathetic attempt to try to be happy.

Personality characteristics

Personality: Dolor is a 'pessimistic worry-wart', as her owner describes her. She always looks at the dark side of the results in each and every word and action her owner takes. She always looks sad, miserable and/or worried. It's difficult to make her smile, laugh or make her believe that there are pluses in everything a person does. No one can make her believe in the opposite of what she's thinking, nor change her opinion of whatever it is. She'd never say 'You may be right.'; she'll just keep arguing with you until you give up. A thing to keep in mind is Dolor's stubbornness. As many facts as you give on a certain topic, you'll never succeed in convincing her you're right, just as I stated above.

Personal philosophies: 'One makes mistakes in everything they do.' is something often heard by Dolor. She believes that each action a person does leads to some kind of loss. That is something she 'learned by experience', as she claims. But it's unbelievable, since she is too cautious of everything and barely even does anything.
'Humans can not understand anything, as they aren't smart enough to even try to.' 'You can't force one to be interested in what they aren't.' By observing the human beings, Dolor came to the conclusion that they don't put any effort into understanding whatever it is. In her opinion, they don't even want to understand. She thinks they aren't interested, for example, in anyone's problems, so they don't want to understand them, nor give those people their sympathy.
'Humans are selfish creatures. You're pretty stupid if you expect anything from them.' Dolor states that humans can't give you anything - not even their attention for just a few seconds. 'If they do, then it's for their amusement.' is her way of thinking. In her mind, a person finds you interesting only if you raise his 'fun level', for instance. Always around that person. Other memorable things she has said are:
'Haven't you thought that a person has too many things to think about? Do you think such a self-centered creature has the time to think about you? Ah, yes! When they want to raise their confidence they think about your mistakes.' 'First impression are important. They are a way to characterise you for the rest of your life.' 'Please keep in mind that not many decisions lead to wins, but all lead to losses. It's best if you keep a close gap between them.' 'Either make the right decision, or don't risk anything at all.'

Positive personal traits: Dolor is an extremely cautious person. She always thinks before she acts. Most times she doesn't act at all, but at least she doesn't risk anything. She is also very loyal, as she's always around her owner, but hidden in their shadow.

Character flaws: She overthinks every situation and most of the possible results she would think of are terrible. Her way of thinking is very pessimistic and she could easily make one lose hope. She is so stubborn that she annoys her owner every time she argues with them. You could call her paranoid about one's opinion of her and her owner. And she is also considered cowardly, since she hides in the shadows most of the time.

Peculiarities: Well, I've already mentioned the always-teary eyes(a few times, actually). Another noticeable habit, so to say, of hers is that when ahead feels nervous, she either pulls her sleeves downwards, or loosens the neck part of her sweater. There are some other distinctive features in her behaviour, such as widening her eyes when feeling afraid/worried or trying to cover her eyes in a similar situation. When showing anger, which is not one of her visible emotions, she tends to scratch whatever it is and listen to the sound it makes. It's supposed that calms her down, but is yet to be confirmed.

Background characteristics

Personal history: It all started from the time her owner developed the habit of letting all their emotions out in the corner. Their shadow was reflected so often in that corner - crying, shivering, quietly sobbing so no one could hear them... or the actual shadow. But one day that shadow started acting on its own. Even when the human wasn't anywhere near the corner, the shadow would still stay there, quietly sobbing in the embrace of the cozy, dark corner. At first the owner thought it was an illusion. Or a plot of their imagination. But no, that shadow wasn't even theirs, to begin with; their shadow was right behind them, reflecting all their poses and movements. Then whose was the one in the corner? There was no one and nothing to cast a shadow exactly in that particular corner.

Then they noticed - that shadow was three-dimensional, not flat. It was a separate creature, built from the sorrow and grief of the peer. That creature stood up and as the bedside lamp shone upon it, the light revealed a human face and human body. It had female features, so the owner thought of it as a female. The thing she said to them that day was 'It's because of You that I'm alive and You should regret it.'

She was still crying and the tears in her eyes never dried ever since. Instead, the left slight scars on her cheeks and a lot of pain, but she kept on weeping. She never left her owner's shadow when outside of that room. She'd keep reminding them to be cautious of everything and 'think as much as needed, since thoughts aren't as risky as actions and spoken words'. But she would never say the best results in each actions - she'd always start with the worst, slowly making her owner lose hope. It's unknown what her true purpose is, though, but let's hope it's for the best of her peer.

'Owner' and relationship

View of the humans: 'Humans... I'd say they are the stupidest, most selfish and frightening creatures.' She is confused by the beings' actions and words. She doesn't understand why they find the need to hurt one another and ruin in some way the lives of others. She finds them revolting and horrifying at the same time, too. They make the worst possible decisions and hope for the best out of them. They are never sorry about anything, nor try to feel the pain of the others. Why? Because the most important thing in the world is their own life! Why would they otherwise think of someone else, if it doesn't reflect on their own lives? They have never been through anything bad and probably that's why they don't care about the pain and misery they cause to others. Those are her thoughts on humans in total and the reason why she despises them so much.

You could say she gets along with her owner, but Dolor can't do anything to make her peer happy, at least the slightest. That is not good for their relationship, but at least doesn't tear it apart. And it can't be torn apart, since she is their Tulpa, and they are her owner.

Wonderland: Dolor resides in a completely black room; empty with just a small window and blinds. The window is usually covered and the sunlight can't reach the inner side of the room. Nothing can be seen inside. Just black... and occasionally a small light from the blindfolded window. The things that can be felt inside the room are the smooth walls made of an unknown materia and the wet floor. The liquid covering the floor are Dolor's tears, as she has never stopped crying. She sees that isolated room as her sanctuary; a place far away from humans, a place she can freely weep as much as she wants without anyone forbidding her to do so. I'm sure no one could survive in that void at night, but Dolor finds it the best place to be at such a time. Or the place to be at any time, by that.

Last edited by a moderator:
A unique concept when it comes down to her shape and overall appearance! However, I do have an issue with one thing, when it is stated that, and I quote, "But her owner is different than the other humans. They don't cause pain to others, but endure it instead.". The thing is that there is no way for you to know who the 'owner' will be thus far and what their personal characteristic will be. Nevermind that, I am glad you DID decide to participate in all this.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
(Thank you! (°U°) I'm happy there aren't many problems with it ~) You're right, I didn't think about that. But it did say to add the tulpa's opinion of the owner and, although I really don't know who'd "adopt" her, I just couldn't leave it blank. If you'd like, I could just edit it out.

Yes, it would be preferable if you could edit that part out since it appears as if you are giving out details of the 'owner's' personality and not that much an opinion. Anyway, my point still stands that this character, as all the others we have seen thus far, is wonderful.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
General Characteristics

Name:
Sally-Ann "Destiny" Sparks

Nickname: Destiny

Species: Human/Angel

Powers: Can shape-shift into a cat. Can fly (probably, she's never tested this even though she has wings).

Outlook Characteristics

Appearance:
des_sketch_small_by_craos32-d7pc02z.jpg
(sorry for the size awkwardness and lack of colour, but that's how I drew her and I'm damn well not doing it again)
Destiny appears to be a normal human girl in her late teens or early twenties until she decides to have her wings on display or turn into a cat. She has light brown hair, bright blue eyes, and pale skin which contrasts with her dark eyeliner. She is fairly attractive, tall and thin. She never has an exact height but it's normally around 5'9 to 6'1. When her wings are on display for one reason or another she seems like an angel, the bottom of the wings trail the floor and each wing is about two meters long when they are spread. Normally her wings aren't on display, she can retract them into her body leaving her looking like a normal human. Her cat form is a simple grey colour with blue streaks on it's back.

Clothing Choice and Memorable Accessories: Destiny likes to dress like a normal girl of her age, and is always wearing a pair of jeans and red Converse. Recently she has gotten into the habit of wearing a brown leather jacket with a red Tibetan tulpa symbol badge sewn onto the left breast. Underneath she wears a white tank top. If she sees any new clothing that she likes then she may suddenly appear to be wearing it on a whim, but she usually returns to her "default" clothes.

Distinguishable and/or Odd Traits: As mentioned before, wings.

Personality Characteristics

Personality:
She doesn't like a lot of people or things in general, but the things she does like she is passionate about. She knows when to be serious and when to stop making jokes, even though she makes a lot of jokes. Sometimes her jokes can be a little inappropriate but she doesn't cross the line with them (or at least, she doesn't cross the line too far), and she takes extra-special care not to offend anybody that her or her host like or need. Although she may seem a little insensitive sometimes she is a good listener and will always be there for the few people that she likes. She often comes across as a bit bi-polar because she tends not to let her feelings be known, if she suddenly were to break down in tears it would be a complete shock because she would most likely keep up her joking routine until that point.

Destiny enjoys making a big show every time she gains a new power such as imposition or possession and will often at times just demonstrate them much to the surprise of her host. She is out-going when in her comfort zone, but is actually rather shy elsewhere, e.g. if she is possessing her host.

Personal Philosophies: She holds one simple philosophy, and that is "if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you"

Positive Personal Traits: She's kind and only tends to insult people in a sarcastic joking manner. If she is asked a question she will answer it to the best of her ability or simply reply that she doesn't know.

Character Flaws: Becomes very offended at being called "not real" and also gets unreasonably annoyed if a human walks "through" her.

Peculiarities: Has a habit of biting on the laces of hoodies if she is wearing one, and eats nothing but scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Background Characteristics

Personal History:
Although she was originally created by her host just over a year ago, Destiny has memories of being around during the hosts childhood. She is unsure as of whether this is because she was originally an imaginary friend of the hosts and re-surfaced a few years later, or just her mind playing tricks on her. She has told her host of this and they are just as confused about it as she is.
Her history is a very dull one, only a year of life doesn't lead to many great adventures, but she does have a private little wonderland dedicated to adventuring and all sorts of exciting things. She doesn't believe in making up her own back-story as she feels that most other tulpas do to make themselves seem interesting, but she's put a lot of thought into what it would be. It would probably go something like this:

17 years ago she was happy. She had a happy dog, a happy looking house, a happy family, a happy life. But then the great fire came. It swept through their city like a.. well, a fire, and pretty soon she found that her happy little life was gone. No dog, no house, no family, and no more happy life. She was just another homeless girl in a city of industry, smoke and steam.
At the age of twelve she managed to find her way to the docks, a wonderful place filled with noise and excitement and ships that sailed on both water and air. There was always something going on, always people to flick coins at her and most importantly there were always jobs that needed doing. Up until the age of Sixteen she made money for food by moving crates from ships to carts, but by this age she was finally old enough to sign up for a life upon the seas or air. Adventure, warm food and most importantly money!

Over the next three years Destiny worked as a gunner on an airship, dedicated to her old trade of getting goods where they needed to go. It was all going so well until a cannon blew them out of the sky somewhere over unoccupied territory. In the last few seconds before the ship hit the rocky ground below she wished that she could just have a happy life again, something without the constant danger...
The next thing she knew she was stood in front of a stranger in an odd house, and automatically threw a punch at them due to the shock.

Wonderlands: She has two wonderlands, a private one for adventuring which basically takes the shape of an entire complex fantasy-style continent, and a small two-bedroom flat which she uses as her home. The flat has a breath-taking view of the Brooklyn Bridge from out of the kitchen and living room windows.

Owner and Relationship

View of the Humans:
Humans are just tulpa with bodies. That's all there is to it. Although most humans do seem to be annoying, aggressive, stupid animals. Not like her host. To her her host is a deep, complicated person and she loves them as a sibling.

She certainly sounds like an amazing tulpa and most of all, quite more on the happy side of things!

(I also will take the oportunity to make a public announcment and say that there is a huge, if not definite, possibility that I will be traveling the upcoming week on Thursday. Although there should be internet where I am heading, some undeniable complications shall remain.)

Yea, I'm going to have to step away from this one. I've had a weekend from hell, and with all the new jobs that just hit me today, of all days, I see the need to not add another RP to the mix. You guys have fun, and sorry again. :)

General characteristics

Name: Darius
Nicknames: TBD
Species: Human
Powers: Darius has that rarest of abilities, a gift so uncommon that the world would be shaken to its core if ever he unleashed it.....Common Sense

Outlook characteristics

Appearance:
8561708.jpg

Darius prefers to dress in a manner befitting the nomadic horsemen of the Arab nations. Though with light skin it is evident that any Arab blood is solely the result of his maker's mind. Though his grey blue eyes are of course the most telling mark of only a fantasy link to any nomadic horse men.

Darius biggest issue though is with his physical image is the tattoos. They are a collection of glowing blue lines done in celtic knots. The tulpa is somewhat puzzled by the image Arab dress, European Features, and celtic tattoos give off. They seem to suggest that his maker didn't know what they wanted when Darius was created.

Personality characteristics

Personality: Darius is not the sort you would want to make angry. His passions run deep and his patience is limitless. So anyone on his shit list will end up in a bad way. This core of violence however is sugar coated by a seemingly unbreakable calm. Darius seems at all times calm, cool, and collected. Seemingly brushing off insults and threats with a poise to be envied. He comes off as educated and worldly as well with a slightly superior attitude.

Deep down though Darius hates humans and envies their freedom. So much so he'd do anything to have it
Personal philosophies: Darius's philosophy is that of Sun Tzu. He believes in victory won before the battle has ever been fought. He believes that honor has no place in this world. That war must be fought quickly and cruely for to do else wise is to prolong suffering.
Positive personal traits: Darius is a very through and detail oriented person. He does not mind taking all the time in the world to accomplish something because of this. Perfection after all is not something that can be rushed.

Character flaws: The tulpa has a temper to match his good qualities. It is without a doubt qute the the sight when the anger over comes his veneer of calm. One almost could think Darius becomes an other person.

Peculiarities: Darius speaks with the accent of an Oxford graduate and often walks around sporting a superior smile.

Background characteristics

Personal history: I would prefer to wait to fill this out until Darius is paired with a human if at all possible. (people usually give their tulpas a detailed background form way before the human and entity came in contact. Here, the player has to give a description of the fictional history prior to the initial creation of the tulpa. Only reveal what you would like to)

'Owner' and relationship

View of the humans: Darius is still trying to figure out his opinion concerning humans. On the one hand he is grateful that his maker created him. On the other hand the tulpa somewhat resents the limitations of his form.
Wonderland: Darius's home as it were is an Arabian fantasy of seas of sand dotted with the soaring domed cites of early Islamic culture. Were the Grand Game and skill atop horseback is the name of the game. The trackless wastes were the cavarans hurry from oasis to oasis. This is a land were warfare is a constant state of being. But at the same time were war isn't clashing armies. No army could survive an extended march across the sea of sand. Instead quick bands of mounted warriors fight limited campaigns for limited objectives.

Gotta drop out of this sorry.

Well, this is a delayed reply but 'Better latter than never'.

@Hisoka, I feel the burning urge to state that your character's ability is brilliant.

@Princess of the Teacup, it's your decision and there truly is no need to apologise. I am the one who should be sorry for neglecting this roleplay and all of you for such a long time. Yet, things are going to finally be set into motion as soon as the relationships between characters are decided upon.

PARTICIPANTS
(the names are actually links to said characters)
  • Humans
  1. Kathleen "Katya" Charlotte Baxter by Rainjay
  2. Samantha Sanders by MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  3. Sepiroth Anramath Silencia by Sepdemonium
  • Tulpas
  1. Manigarilyo by lovibeest
  2. Rottghast by MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  3. Sayyida by Rainjay
  4. Dolorea Clemorsia by Annie
  5. Sally-Ann "Destiny" Sparks by Craos
  6. Darius by Hisoka (currently in progress)
RELATIONSHIPS

1. Kathleen "Katya" Charlotte Baxter + Manigarilyo
2. Samantha Sanders + Darius
3. Sepiroth Anramath Silencia + Dolorea Clemorsia

I know some of you have already mentioned wanting to be together with a certain roleplayer. However, I ask that you now state whom you would definitely like to be your partner in this story. Also, since some of us may find it hard to team up with anyone, suggestions are always welcome. This section will be filled out in the near future.

PARTICIPANTS
(the names are actually links to said characters)
  • Humans
  1. Kathleen "Katya" Charlotte Baxter by Rainjay
  2. Samantha Sanders by MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  3. Sepiroth Anramath Silencia by Sepdemonium
  • Tulpas
  1. Manigarilyo by lovibeest
  2. Rottghast by MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  3. Sayyida by Rainjay
  4. Dolorea Clemorsia by Annie
  5. Sally-Ann "Destiny" Sparks by Craos
  6. Darius by Hisoka (currently in progress)
RELATIONSHIPS

I know some of you have already mentioned wanting to be together with a certain roleplayer. However, I ask that you now state whom you would definitely like to be your partner in this story. Also, since some of us may find it hard to team up with anyone, suggestions are always welcome. This section will be filled out in the near future.

If lovibeest is still for the roleplay I believe we were gonna partner up.

And if ders any leftover tulpas.... Katya is always looking for moore

I don't mind :] whoever would like to pair with me is fine by me :]

And it's done I think. Also I am stating my preference for Darius to be the single tulpa a human possesses again just for the record.

I'm happy pairing up with whoever, as long as they don't abuse their tulpa too much or whatever.

And it's done I think. Also I am stating my preference for Darius to be the single tulpa a human possesses again just for the record.

Samantha might just be an appropriate human for your tulpa, if you agree to all this.

Also, since it seems we might be short on humans, I would like to ask for an opinion on the idea of me creating another character if it really does turn out that the shortage is making the roleplay difficult.

Samantha might just be an appropriate human for your tulpa, if you agree to all this.

Also, since it seems we might be short on humans, I would like to ask for an opinion on the idea of me creating another character if it really does turn out that the shortage is making the roleplay difficult.
Idt it would be a problem

Reactions: 2 people