The Tulpa Phenomena OOC/Sign-ups

• Thread starter MaladaptiveDaydreamer
  • Start date
Actually, yes. The whole experience is pretty... unique.

Anyway, you aren't really obliged to create another human. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Now I'm insanely curious to experience it for myself...

The only thing I have sort of close is my one and only imaginary friend, who I'm not sure if really existed or if I just made it up when I was bored. Susy was the name I called her by. My grandmother still remembers her, because I would always introduce Susy to her when I went over to visit as a kid and she would act annoyed by Susy's very existance. It was kind of weird. She would travel around with me through 'doors' in the wall, and had a boyfriend too. Kinda wish I remembered it more clearly..

Susy sounds hella' cool. It truly is a shame that you don't remember her that clearly yet there isn't really anything that can be done about that, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I, as someone who has never had an imaginary friend, am intrigued.

Susy was hella cool, at least to my child self. I didn't have like any friends so I knew I had Susy xD

Here is my tulpa character. Unclaimed. It's a bit scant compared to my other CS but she didn't need as much detail to get her point across, especially with her fluctuating personality/appearance, I felt it was better to just leave her a bit up to imagination. And I didn't want to add too much as when/if there is a human wanting Sayyida to be their tulpa, I'll edit some stuff to make things match and all.

Although I'd prefer to only end up playing one character, if someone really wants her as their tulpa, go ahead! I don't mind. :D

--

General characteristics

Name: Sayyida
Nicknames: Ida
Gender: Sayyida usually claims the gender of female in her human form, but in other forms, it changes
Species: Predominantly human, but shifts into several animal forms
Powers:
-Shapeshifting
-Intuition (can see into the personalities and histories of the humans around her host human)

Outlook characteristics

Appearance: Sayyida has several different forms that she takes as she pleases. She can create as many as she likes, but over time she has chosen a select few forms of preference. I have included images and a brief description of her favorites.

Sayyida's dominant human form looks similar to below. She takes the form of a seemingly ageless woman with blonde hair, and her eyes are so gray they almost appear white, making her look as if she were blind. It is impossible to know if she is, or if she isn't, because she never has said and never will. She doesn't seem to have problems with movement... most of the time. She dresses in the typical pink, floral gown, although she seems to float more than she seems to walk.

Pronoun: She
anime-girl-braids.jpg

I had trouble finding a source, here is the closest I've got: Here

As a cat, Sayyida appears to be more of a spirit, being translucent and pale, glowing with light. She seems to be a young cat, perhaps white or gray, with dark gray eyes that still appear generally sightless.

Pronoun: She
spiritanimal.jpg

Source

As a hawk, Sayyida is also transparent, appearing with much more light and thus, coming off as being mostly white in color, with white-gray eyes that match the human form. Little wisps follow behind his wings in flight.

Pronoun: He
spirit_hawk.jpg

Source

As a fox, Sayyida is, again, white, with beady red eyes and incredibly fluffy fur. He is a young fox, not appearing very old, and generally is full of energy.

Pronoun: He
9fc9b14995dbe7b83ac36cba8ffa4b2a.jpg

Source

As a wolf, Sayyida is hard to find and see with your eyes; meaning, the wolf form is INCREDIBLY translucent, transparent, etc. and appears like a misty apparition, nearly impossible to see. However, the wolf form has a very powerful energy presence- you can feel Sayyida is there, even if you can't see it. Glowing with a faint light and being composed of mist, you could say that the wolf form is also white, with gray, sightless eyes.

Pronoun: A mix of he and she- don't call the form an it, but rather 'they'
spiritwolf-289x300.jpg
Source
Wolf_sky_spirit_by_TwilighthawkTaini.jpg
source

Clothing choice and memorable accessories:
Sayyida only wears clothing in her human form, and she only ever wears the same flowing, pinkish floral dress as shown in the image with very wide-set sleeves, ruffles, etc.

Distinguishable and/or odd traits:
All of Sayyida's animal forms appear to be spirits, glowing faintly and composed of a misty gray color that fades in and out of it's surroundings. The eyes of the tulpa are almost always grayish white, appearing sightless, and the animal forms alternate between young and old.

Personality characteristics
Personality:
Sayyida's personality is as flexible as her forms are. Really, I could sit here and tell you her personality per form, but I'll give it a general gist. Usually, she comes off as being wise and quiet, a guiding force that is generally positive. She isn't usually playful (except in her fox and cat forms) or funny, but instead is more serious, offering advice and giving her input. She's like the quiet voice in the back of your mind that has somehow remained rational throughout the years. She won't chatter incessantly (except in her fox and cat forms), and won't clutter up your thoughts. She, as such, tends to be solitary and mindful of personal space, with an almost-eerie understanding of who she is (a tulpa) and who her host is (a human). In fact, she almost seems to think that she isn't real, just a figment of imagination with some stardust thrown in, which may or may not be true, considering how you look at tulpa's and the phenomena around it.

Personal philosophies:
Sayyida has a bit of a weird personal belief; she thinks she represents Mother Nature in a sense, and uses her shapeshifting to prove it even further to herself by 'connecting' with the world around her under different forms. She has a strong belief that peace is found with the world through nature, that it should be worshiped and respected. In her eyes, humans and their trash and politics are scummy and worthless.

Positive personal traits:
She comes off as a wise, helpful person and actually is as such, trying to help instead of hinder in most cases and providing a calming aura with her presence. She isn't hostile at all, and while she doesn't want to become the friend of her host, she wants to be a guiding light.

Character flaws:
Can greatly lose her temper under certain circumstances, in which she would yell and rage until the error was corrected (littering would be a big one for her). Under these circumstances, she would do anything to screw up the life of her host in her blind rage. Thankfully, this is a rare occurrence.

She is rather quiet and sometimes, won't even appear to help offer advice when the host needs it most. This has no explanation, it's just a disappearance on her part.

Peculiarities:
Sometimes, when she's upset or irritated, she takes an animal form that cannot communicate with her human host in an effort to ignore him/her. As an animal, she often will knead at the ground with her paws, and as a human, she has a habit of twirling her hair around her fingers. It is unsure if these are traits of anxiety or if they just are a habit she obsesses.

Background characteristics

Personal history:
Centuries ago, Sayyida lived in the same forest she always had been, coming into existence one day by random. Truly, she had no idea how she came into being, and never questioned it. She never had a true form of her own, coming into the world as just a spirit formation, which she found she could shift into whatever form she wished. Through the years she took many forms as she traveled her forests, healing what was broken and creating what she wished. The forest never died as long as she lived there, and it was always growing with new beauty.

However she came to wonder what lay outside of her paradise, and took a trip to the outside world. She found herself standing in the middle of a bustling city street, barefoot on the hot concrete and surrounding by rushing people, not a single spring of nature to be found around her. After wandering this new world, she found herself falling into despair. There seemed no way out of this metropolis, and people were as rude as they were empty shells of life. Truly, they seemed to never have seen the light of the sun around them, living in monotony. She tried to speak to them, help them in their ways, but they never listened.

She receded to her paradise forest after what had been years of trying to reason with the humans, and found her forest dying. There was hardly anything left; the waterfalls held no water, the trees held no leaves, the animals had all either fled or died around her. She declared never to leave her world of peace again, and set to repairing the forest with her gentle love and guiding hand. As it slowly was coaxed back into life, the world around her began to shift and change. Sometimes, it would rain incessantly, or a never before felt earthquake rumbled below her feet. What was causing these, she asked herself.

She allowed herself to go on one last journey to the outside world, and found herself standing beside a human. The human was crying, much the way her world was as it rained inside. She realized that her existence lay inside of the conscious and unconscious mind of this human, her host. She wasn't sure how she felt about it, but urged herself to help the human dry their tears and feel happier. She had to protect her wonderland, and to do so, she had to protect this human.

'Owner' and relationship

View of the humans:
Typically, she sees humans in general as a group of entities that need serious help. Sometimes she can sum up enough consideration in herself to see them in a positive light, but usually, she selectively will care for some and generally despise the rest of them, seeing them as scum for their dirty habits and their destruction of her earth. As for her personal human host, she accepts them as is, but still holds a vague disdain associated with the entirety of the human race.

Wonderland:
The world Sayyida lives in is a world of nature and peace, occasionally marred by the emotions of the host. That's right, her world is linked directly to the person she lives with, her world being disrupted and influenced by the human's emotions. A sad human will cause torrents of rain in her wonderland, and a happy human will allow things to bloom. She generally keeps her living space open, with a small room made of a clean, polished wood with one of the three walls open to the forest outside, the other three walls built of a sturdy, clean glass. She can step right out from the room into the forest around her, a vast, endless expanse of wilderness. She keeps a small gardened area nearby, but it is usually allowed to grow freely, with her only keeping it to protect the plants and maintain their welfare. Animals are commonplace, and often freely come and go from her home, which consists of the single room with a luxurious bed, the canopy made of vines and leaves, a desk covered in roses, a table for eating, and pillows scattered on the floor for sitting, with a bookshelf, containing only one book.

The whole day there are no new messages but as soon as I leave for work all of you decide to come online. Are you having a conspiriecy against me? :eyepopping:
Just kidding. But it is a lot to read, so I skimmed a bit for now trough everything. And I noticed some things. One: I had my suspicions that maladaptive had some rl experience because of the way he talked about them; suspicions confirmed. Two: Maladaptive you apologise way too much, you are doing great and I can only say that you shouldn't be so insecure about it. Three: I skimmed through the CS of everybody, loved it, will rate it when fully read. Four: my character is the only one right now who is a bit on the brighter side but can only communicate with Cora. So yeah, one is welcome. Five: I saw the gif in maladaptives CS, looked at it, recognised the person. Proceed to see me fangirling.

I looked at her and just thought, "where do I recognize this character from, I know it's from a manga. It's on the tip of my tongue." And then it hit my, pshyco pass. The manga were I was loyally waiting for chapter updates, but were never updated. Something else hit me, a gif means a anime, was there a anime? So I look it up and I go OH MY GOD, THERE IS ALREADY A SECOND SEASON. WHEN WAS THE FIRST. Why didn't I know that. So know I know what I will watch next. I gotta see them all. And again I will check the manga for chapter updates. *said everything really fast*

This was more rambling than really adding anything to the subject, I wasted your time if you read it all >:3

@Rainjay, love your character and especially her fluidity when it comes down to shape as well as personality since that simply makes her more realistic and complex. Plus, she does appear to be more on the bright side (as is Manigarilyo) so that is a pleasant change. It would be okay if we could balance the atmosphere out a little bit.

@loviebeest, I apologise for apologising so much. It is a pretty annoying habit, as you might have already concluded... More importantly, I had no idea that 'Psycho Pass' had a manga. That's just epic! Though, guess I should have realised that long ago given the fact that most animes are based on written sources. Yet, thank you for informing me of this.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Kuu, okay I'm totally interested in joining this. That said I haven't read through everything yet (I have to leave in like 2 minutes for a bank run and then a party), so when I get back tomorrow I'll start working on a character sheet. The character I have in mind could honestly be played as a human or tulpa, depending on what you need as far as numbers go. So if there's still room I'd be happy to join :)

Glad to hear you are interested and, please, feel free to join if you wish to! There isn't really a limit on the number of participants.

Has the IC been made yet?

Yup, an IC hasn't been created so far since there are still characters in progress.

Yup, an IC hasn't been created so far since there are still characters in progress.

Got it. Was just curious. I was debating if I should join or not so I was going to watch before deciding....

Cool cool, as far numbers go should I opt for a human or tulpa?

Just a forewarning, I fear that my work schedule will not allow me to fully participate in this RP. I so don't want to step away, but I might have to pull out my Tulpa participation for now and just work my human. I'm not completely sure, but giving an head's up for those who will be affected.

If you only see one of my templates this weekend, hopefully, then you'll know. If none at all, then I'll officially express my removal. Sorry about all of this.

@Key Tuzi, simply create a character you are comfortable with, be it thoughform or person. Currently the numbers are 3 humans to 4 tulpas so the choice is up to you.

@Phi Chisym, thank you being considerate enough to inform us of this. Also, there is no need to apologise!

Right, after thinking about it a bit, I'm going to go for a tulpa character and base them off my own tulpa, if that's okay? I mean, I did make her up myself at some point over a year ago, so I'm not too much of a lazy ass, right? :3 Don't answer that, but yeah, I think I'll play as a tulpa. If you'd rather I did make a human then please let me know.

P.S. You guys seem cool, keep on keeping on.

Reactions: Rainjay
it's coolio, Phi Chisym I'll still make a Tulpa for you if you like :] there's no need to be sorry, real life get's in the way :]

also guys.. to give you a heads up, I won't be on at all tomorrow.. so feel free to start without me if need be :]

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Crap, that reminds me, in the excitement of seeing this thread I forgot that I'm going away from Sunday to Wednesday. I should have internet connection, but if I don't then go ahead without me. :/ Totally should have remembered that, sorry guys.

I dunno if we'll start without ya'll or not but I promise if we do we won't make it impossible for you guys to catch up :P It's totes okay.

Reactions: 3 people