The Tulpa Phenomena OOC/Sign-ups

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by MaladaptiveDaydreamer, Jun 29, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

There is a thing right inside your head that lies exactly beneath the skull, shielded, as efficiently as can be, by a tough layer of bones know as the cranium. The above mentioned pink and grey mass inside of you weights about 3 kilograms, is made form 60% of fat, uses up to 20% of the total oxygen intake and energy our organism produces, and is referred to as a 'brain'. A most fascinating and complex organ containing our each and every memory, feeling and thought. It dominates and controls the senses, decisions and movement of all human beings to ever exist throughout history. Yes, it is the master of our bodies, the thing that leads us forward and develops us through decisions and deeds, that which makes it possible for us to interact and engage with our surrounding, to process data and rationalize. A thing most extraordinary, which full abilities are yet to be explored and fully comprehended. Yet there is a possibility that such an endeavour into human mentality and nature could prove pointless. For how may we grasp the structure of such a things as the brain? We cannot even fathom the enormous distances between the planets in our own Solar System and thus resolve to creating unrealistic models of it, which do not show how truly magnificent and frightening all is, how insignificant we look on the grand plan of things. We as a race observe but fail to understand most things that surround us and so have to tune them down in order for the pathetic percentage of the consciousness we employ to understand the information we are feeding it.

We fear...

[​IMG]

we dread how small we turn out to be...

It honestly is a most freakish thought to conclude that we aren't even able to fully understand ourselves, our own subconsciousness. And due to that, occasionally the brain overpowers us and we become slaves to the very thing that we use on a daily basis, that which we thrust and blindly believe we understand and have control of. Scientist have concluded that our decisions are made 7 second before we consciously understand them. Frankly, it is not even sure if humans have the right of free will. Lets not mention the hallucinations and delusions our minds create, as if it is some kind of a bad joke. Furthermore, the mind phenomenons of Sleep Paralysis, Depersonalization, Schizophrenia and so forth are states of the brain which most people aren't even aware of and are terrifying for those poor souls, who get to experience their horrors. The brain is something equally horrid as it is magnificent. A cleverly disguised enemy...
    But nevermind that... Human curiosity cannot be stopped by the mere theory that we may not even be able to understand a thing that is contained inside our bodies for its complexity surpasses us. And thus some individuals attempt to single-handedly explore and push the known limits. I do not know if what presses them to do so is stupidity or genius but the fact remains that there exist humans, who decide to attempt to master and control themselves. They experiment and indulge in things such as Lucid Dreaming (which may even allow the said person to converse with their subconscious), Astral Projection and the willing creation of a separate intelligent thoughtform inside of your head.

That entity made form sheer thought is now know as a tulpa. As mentioned above, it is usually made up by its owner, yet occasionally there occur incidents and one simply decides to pop up uninvited, terrifying their host senseless. In whatever fashion the tulpa may be created, it always has a great impact on the human's life, whether it be positive or negative. After all, this highly advanced and mysterious being seems to have a separate mind of their own. It forms opinions as well as expresses them, can communicate with its 'owner' and change its behaviour towards them based on conversations, the human's deeds, various experience. One can simply view the tulpa as a person... living inside your head in their own unique 'wonderland'. A companion with a purpose that is always by your side. It may even be viewed as an imaginary friend. Well, with the difference that this thoughtform will not always comply to your wishes and do whatever you ask them to. They are a separate intelligent creature, despite their outlook not always being that of a human like yourself...

With this phenomena gaining more and more popularity over time, it is not a surprise to see that the population of people in possession of tulpas has increased drastically over the past few decades. Nowadays everyone wants to try out creating an entity for the mere purpose of creating one. Of course, that is stupid and dangerous yet this is a theme for a rather different topic... A portion of us endevour into the pit that is human mentality and have our own 'supernatural' experinces. And we can never guess who else is doing the same thing. It could be a close friend, even a relative. Thus, it is only natural that many 'owners' of tulpas would live in the same city, and that some of them would actually interact with each other... Actually, I am not quite sure how usual that is. Nevertheless however, I am at least very well aware that such a thing is happening right this instant and that everyone engaged in this grand experience has had their fair share of 'The Tulpa Phenomena'

[​IMG]

CS (open)

Humans

General characteristics

Name:
    Nicknames: (this question may be overlooked if said character lacks any nicknames)
    Age: (there is no specific age limit. Thus, players are free to create a character as young or old as they please)
    Birthplace and nationality:
    Gender: (not limited to simply male or female. Just sayin’.)

Outlook characteristics

Appearance: (either include a picture or detailed description of the outlook of the character. However, having both is recommended, although merely optional.)
    Clothing choice and memorable accessories:
    Distinguishable and/or odd traits: (whether it be their eyes, smile, some scares, piercing, tattoos, birthmarks and so forth)

Personality characteristics

Personality: (the character’s behaviour, state of mind and opinion of oneself (as in the human’s personal view on themselves) go here with whatever else you would like to include)
    Personal philosophies: (if you don’t wish to reveal your character’s believes, please feel free to ignore this point. If not, then here one can state (as briefly as they please) your personage’s views)
    Positive personal traits: (please, try not to simply list different good qualities)
    Character flaws: (please, try not to simply list different bad qualities)
    Peculiarities: (this is only optional. Examples would be biting ones nails, tugging at sleeves, chewing their lip, catch-phrase, accents etc. Anything that makes them stand out when it comes down to habits, mannerisms and personality traits. Physical traits belong to the ‘outlook’ category above)

Background characteristics

Personal history: (please, reveal only what you wish about the certain character)

Thoughtform and relationship (include this only of the human actually is in possession of a tulpa or multiple ones)

Number of tulpas: (at this point, simply include how many you would wish to have. In the future, the amount first stated may have to change)
    Accidentally or consciously created:
    View of the entities: (the person’s opinion of their tulpas and his behaviour towards them)
    History: (this is where the player should include how and when the tulpa was created, if they had had any beings prior to the current ones, what impact they have had on the human (but not how the entity has treated them. This is something to either be requested or discussed with a specific rpear with whom you would like to team up) and so on)

Tulpas

General characteristics

Name:
    Nicknames: (this question may be overlooked if said character lacks any nicknames)
    Age: (get creative if you wish to do so. The age limit does not exist)
    Gender: (not limited to simply male or female. Just sayin’.)
    Species: (though it would be preferred for them to be human, I shall not be taking away the right of the player to make the tulpa whatever they wish)
    Powers: (if you decide for them to have any. However, it would be requested that the tulpa is not overpowered)

Outlook characteristics

Appearance: (either include a picture or detailed description of the outlook of the character. However, having both is recommended, although merely optional. The way the tulpa looks can be either human or inhuman. The choice is up to you)
    Clothing choice and memorable accessories:
    Distinguishable and/or odd traits: (whether it be their eyes, smile, some scares, piercing, tattoos, birthmarks, wings, horns and so forth)

Personality characteristics

Personality: (the character’s behaviour and general view of humans go here with whatever else you would like to include)
    Personal philosophies: (if you don’t wish to reveal your character’s believes, please feel free to ignore this point. If not, then here one can state (as briefly as you please) your personage’s views and opinions on various topics)
    Positive personal traits: (please, try not to simply list different good qualities)
    Character flaws: (please, try not to simply list different bad qualities)
    Peculiarities: (this is only optional. Examples would be biting ones nails, tugging at sleeves, chewing their lip, catch-phrase, accents etc. Anything that makes them stand out when it comes down to habits, mannerisms and personality traits. Physical traits belong to the ‘outlook’ category above)

Background characteristics

Personal history: (people usually give their tulpas a detailed background form way before the human and entity came in contact. Here, the player has to give a description of the fictional history prior to the initial creation of the tulpa. Only reveal what you would like to)

‘Owner’ and relationship

View of the humans: (the being’s opinion of people and his behaviour towards them)
    Wonderland: (a description of the place inside the ‘owner’s’ head where the tulpa resides most of the time)

!There is a limit to the number of participants and the amount of separate characters. So far, lets say that we have 4 slots for humans and 5-7 slots for tulpas!

(I do realize that this is probably the most boring and uninteresting plot summery in the entire existence of everything but that is honestly all I am capable of at this point in time. However, it still would be nice if there is even the faintest of interests towards this idea. Also, here is the 'interest check' thread that may provide with some vital answers to your potential questions, which I will certainly soon synthesize and post directly here. Though, for now, please head over there to view some important information. By the way, the images are a failed attempt at making all this more worth your while)

#1 MaladaptiveDaydreamer, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    • Love Love x 2
  2. I am very interested in the creation of a Tulpa character though I rather think I'll need a human character to do so. Mostly because I'd like to make sure I am not forcing my vision of a Tulpa upon anyone.

3. I'm looking to make a human with a few crazy tulpa's if you're interested, Hisoka.

4. I am not sure crazy is the direction I am looking for. Dangerous yes but socially and mentally functional.

5. Welllll I mean a bit more, the combination of the tulpa's all linked to one person would create crazy. The individuals don't have to be, they just don't need to like eachother. At all.

6. And that brings up a second point. I'd rather be the lone voice in somebody's head.

7. Okedoke. Was worth asking lol

8. Well, @Rainjay, I might be interested in something of the sorts. Yet, the question remains if anyone else would like to participate, since it would seem you wish to be in possession of over one tulpa.

9. Yeah. I do hope some other people have interest. I rlly rlly like the idea of the roleplay.

10. I would like to make a human character, please. Though I won't be able to have the CS up until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Also, quick question: Is the picture supposed to be realistic, like a real human, or an anime picture? I didn't want to get it mixed up when I made my CS.

Also, just letting everyone know, although this won't be a problem unless the RP starts while I'm gone.

I will be absent from Iwaku from July 6-22 and will not be able to post or even look at posts during this time, as I will be out of the country. I will be sure to post here when I return.

Just letting everyone know :) And in the event the RP does start in my absence, feel free to do whatever is necessary to keep the flow going.

#10 Lilpuff, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  11. I'm interested in working out a human character that has not created a Tulpa just yet, as well as toss a Tulpa in the salad for someone to chew on.
    Will work out my templates this weekend, and whoever's first up to show interest in the Tulpa or to become my human's accidentally created Tulpa, then they've got it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Okay and, please, feel free to take your time with making the CS. Also, thank you for being polite and informing us that you shall be absent from Iwaku.

Regarding the pictures, lets just say they are preferred to not be realistic, though I would not label them exactly anime. However, if you wish to use an anime one, go ahead!

13. I'm very interested in this. Wonderland was mentioned in this so, yeah. If their is still room I will gladly make a human or Tulpa, whatever is needed! I didn't think it was boring at all, your introduction. It was full of fun facts and very beautiful writing.

14. Great! The human sounds especially interesting, given the fact I supposed no one would want to play someone without a tulpa (even simply in the beginning)!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Please, don't hesitate to create whatever character you choose and even if we go over the current limit of the slots, their numbers can be easily changed! Also, oh my god, thank you for the nice words about the introduction.

16. Thanks! If my schedule changes before this starts, I'll gladly just play the token human. No problem. Then later, I can take on a Tulpa for someone, or open the floorfor my human to have one. Whatever's needed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm leaving this post riiiight here. Just so you know that I'm interested. I only have read the interest check of this RP but I will read it when I have time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. @MaladaptiveDaydreamer I actually don't want to double post but I have two questions that I find neccesary and I don't know if you would get a alert if I just edited the last post. On the history of the tulpa; is it an history that the tulpa believes is true but never happened because they weren't created yet? Are tulpa owners able to see hear tulpas from other people? I don't think so but I just want to be sure.

@Rainjay I want to be one of your tulpas if you want to. I got a concept in my mind about the tulpa and creation of her. I don't know if I should discuss it here or in PM. Say it if you want to discuss it here or not, or just go ahead with making a PM.

19. You can PM me. I'd be happy to work with you on it! :)

20. @loviebeest thank you for the questions. These really are things that need to be clarified. So, regarding your first inquiry, your supposition is completely correct since the tulpa's 'history' truly is something that did not happen and is simply believed to be true by the thoughtform. Also, the entity's bio should consist of events, which happened prior to their 'meeting' with the creator. If there occurs a case, in which the being and person have been together before the beginning of the roleplay, then the 'owner' would be the one to specify the events throughout his life with the tulpa and what an impact the whole experience has had on them. Yet, as I have mentioned before, the human should not revel how the entity has treated them. This is something to either be requested or discussed with a specific rpear with whom you would like to team up.

Furthermore, unfortunately, the human cannot see or interact with tulpas, belonging to different people. However, from what I know, there is a certain type of tulpas that are aware of other individuals with thoughforms and can point them out. Mind the fact that this happens extremely rarely.

Hope this helps.

• Thank Thank x 1