The Trouble with Duty.

• Thread starter Eve lilith Angelson
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura wrapped her arms around Mist without even thinking about it she was still to out of it to work out what was wrong with this picture, she was just happy to have someone holding her it had been years since anyone had or even tried.

With her head rested on Mist's shoulder and her tears running down her face she spoke in a quiet voice "I'am sorry if I woke you, I didn't mean to." knowing her breath was more than likely annoying the hell out of him as her face was nestled into his neck, she knew how much he didn't like to be touched or touch anyone.When she was like this it was as if she was still young she hated this side to her but every now and again she couldn't stop it from coming to the surface.

It didn't take long for her tears to dry up but she was still reluctant to let go of Mist as he was holding her. Thats when her brain worked out what was so strange "Your holding me?" She didn't know if it was the best thing to say but it was all she could think of.

"I was already awake," Mist whispered, continuing to hold onto her. "Don't worry about it." He continued to hold onto her until she had calmed down. The feel of her breath on his neck was getting to him, and not in a good way. It reminded him of other breaths on his neck, and the thought made him tremble in sudden fear.

Aura's question brought his attention back to her, and he fought to keep himself calm. "Yeah, I guess I am," he answered. Though he probably wouldn't be for much longer, if she kept breathing on his neck like that.

Aura felt him start to shake and moved out of his hold on her "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, but thank you for that it was what i needed." As she moved away she felt a little bereft from doing so, but thought nothing of it.

As she moved away she looked at him "When you came down please tell me I didn't hurt you" she knew the last thing he needed was for her to hurt him even if it wasn't on purpose. The look in her eyes showed real fear at the thought of hurting him. Aura had no idea what was going on in her head, who is Mist to me now and what does he think to all the changes. She thought but there was no way she was going to talk to him about that not now maybe not ever. It's more then likely just the fact we have both opened up to each other and that has never happened before, she thought as she wrapped her own arms around her legs as she sat back and calmed even more, Air felt the change in her and dissipated to its normal flow around the house.

"You didn't hurt me," Mist assured her. "I didn't let myself get blown around." To show her what he meant, he made an illusion of a vine that he'd had wrapped around his ankles to keep him from blowing. His powers were extremely versatile, and Mist prided himself in finding new ways to use them. He'd never done this vine thing to steady himself before.

Aura watched as vine materialized out of the ground and twisted around his ankles, "That's ok then because I really didn't want to hurt you well not at the moment and not when you can't fight back" she said with a slight chuckle in hope he didn't take it the wrong way. "I'am sorry you had to see me like that it's been awhile since that has happened" Looking around the room she could see some signs of devastation the pictures on the walls where all now on the floor her tv was broken the two arm chairs had been turned over and the plant she had managed to keep alive for 3 years had been up rotted.

"Oh no my plant, it's taken me forever to find something i can keep alive for any real time." With that Aura stood up and went over to the plant that looked more like it had come out of a horror film then her local garden center. She knew Mist would more then look at her as if she was crazy while she bent down and picked up the bits of plant and pot that were scattered around.

Mist didn't find the plant thing weird. He actually thought it was a little sweet that she'd cared about the plant so much. Not that he'd admit something like that. Calling someone sweet... It seemed like such an odd thing to say.

"You did make a bit of a mess," he commented, not knowing what else to say.

Aura looked up at him "Well what can I say we have made a lot of messes before when we use to fight so I'am sure one room is nothing really" with a smile she walked in to the kitchen to grab a rubbish bag. I can't believe I nearly lost control of myself she thought as she rummaged throw the back of the cupboard under the sink.

Once she found what she was looking she grabbed hold of the carpet cleaner too as the soil from the plant really wouldn't look good on the carpet. Finding everything she wondered back into the front room "Well I better get cleaning my mess up" she turned her back and knelt on the floor "Oh and Mist Thank you again, I would hate to of seen what would of happened if you hadn't of made me wake up" Aura blushed slightly but kept her head down in hope Mist didn't see.

"You're welcome," Mist said softly, the barest hint of a smile on his face. That was a rare sight. One that might never have been seen again, but already Aura was helping Mist find himself again. His pre-prison self. One would hope he wouldn't go back to stealing, though.

That tiny smile didn't last long. It was gone a few moments later, and Mist went back to looking sad. He decided to help with the cleaning, not having anything better to do.

As small as the smile was Aura had seen it he looked like himself if only for a split second "Heads up" she shouted as she throw a black bag his way. "You can start with the frames if that's Ok but please be careful with the glass"

Aura knew she would of cut her hands to bits for some strange reason she always did when it came to broken glass. Aura moved the big bit of pot and plant out of the way first and then the smaller once that was done she sprayed the cleaner everywhere just to make sure she got every little stain. While she waited she sat back on her legs "So how's the room everything ok with it?"

Aura wanted Mist to talk more in hope that even if it took along time that he would become some what part of his old self again.

Mist gave a nod and started to pick up the broken glass, making an illusion of gloves on his hands to protect them. Once it was all cleaned up, he looked to Aura for further instructions.

"The room is fine," he answered her earlier question. "Is there anything else that you want me to do?"

By this time Aura had finished cleaning the carpet "well if you could give me a hand in moving the chairs back that would be great"

Aura walked over the arm chair and waited for Mist, her brain still kept thinking of him holding her it must of really shocked him when he had she had never known him to be one for contact ever. She just wished she knew what was going on in his head.

Mist wished he knew what was going on in his own head, too. He didn't understand why he'd held Aura like that. He'd never hugged anyone before, yet he'd hugged Aura. And it had felt good.

He walked over to the chair to help her move it. Though Mist really wasn't all that strong, the two of them together would be able to move it easily enough.

Aura knew that moving the chairs were going to be tough they were big she liked to snuggle up on them and read of a night when she had nothing better to do. It didn't take long for them to move the chairs but once they were done Aura stood at the door leading to the kitchen, "Thanks for helping do you want a drink?" she wasn't sure if alcohol was a good idea so she waited to find out what Mist would like before making her mind up. On the other hand maybe they would talk more with a stiff drink she thought but shock her head not really the best idea a Hero and a Villain alcoholic was definitely not a smart move.

Mist was a little out-of-breath after moving those chairs, and he gave a small nod at the offer of a drink. "Just water, I think," he said. "Please." One thing that Mist had always been was polite. Which was a wonder, considering his upbringing. His mother certainly hadn't taught him how to be polite. He'd picked it up elsewhere.

He sat down on the couch with a heavy sigh, leaning his head back and just relaxing for a few moments. Though he wanted to close his eyes and rest, he knew that doing that would make the illusion of his clothing go away. That was the downside of using his illusions for something like that. Wearing real clothes was always easier, though he had a habit of sprucing real clothes up a bit.

Aura walked off into the kitchen and grabbed two long glasses of cold water, just the thing that was needed after moving things around she knew she could of got her element to do it but after nearly losing control she didn't feel that was fair. Aura always looked to air as a living being she knew it had no real body mind or soul but she would talk and just imagine what it was saying to her it had been her one true companion for years.

Just before walking back into the front room she whispered her apologize for the incident that had taken place not teo hours ago and felt air moving around her as if it forgave her. Walking into the room she knew air was playing with her hair and giggled "stop that your going to make me fall and break more things" she said in a slight laughing tone.

Aura reached the sofa and looked at Mist relaxing "here you go" she said holding the glass out to him as air still played with her hair "I sometimes feel like my element is a pack of children i have to look after" With a smile she sat down on the sofa.

Mist found that comparison very, very odd. A pack of children? He didn't know what he'd compare his own illusions to. When they took on a life of their own, they could be utterly terrifying. Like the one that had killed his mother.

"I would compare my illusions to demons," he said quietly, taking the water from her and drinking down a big sip. It was cold, which he definitely appreciated.

Aura looked at him "Demons but last night that sky it was awe inspiring, yes i know how bad your illusions can go but still no way I wouldn't look at them as Demons" she said shaking her head.

She found his ability one of the most fascinating she always had with a slight blush at her thoughts she smiled "To be honest with you I always found you illusions fascinating, the one you made last night was well it was amazing truly it was" Aura shut her mouth before saying anything else her head wasn't playing fair and she seemed to be opening her mouth before thinking, admittedly she always had but not this bad.

"I'm glad you like them," Mist said, looking over at Aura. "But they are still demons to me when they take on a life of their own. You don't know just how horribly they can go." He was thinking back to what had happened to his mother. That had been horrifying to the young Mist. Traumatizing. But he didn't regret killing her. Not after all she'd put him through, and what she'd tried to do to him that night.

Aura looked at Mist and could see he was thinking of something from his past "Talk to me Mist I won't judge I have no right to at the end of the day, you know more about me and if you really want I will tell you more, if this is going to work we need to learn to trust each other ad I know it's not going to happen over night, really I do but some thing or someone keeps throwing us at each other there has to be a reason to it, I'am sure someone in the Hero team would of taken you but I got told it had to be me no one else was up to the responsibility."

Aura didn't want Mist to take what she said the wrong way but there did seam to understand each other on same wave length at least.

Mist was quiet for a moment. "The illusion that killed my mother went way out of control," he said softly, looking down at the floor. "It just...manifested itself, really. And it was a hellhound. That's the best description I can give of it. It tore my mother apart and ate her..." He shuddered at the memory, feeling a bit ill from thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.