The Trouble with Duty.

• Thread starter Eve lilith Angelson
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura could see that what he was saying was hurting him she wanted to reach out and hold his hand to show that he was ok and she didn't think him evil or anything like that but she didn't as she didn't want to scare him off.

"Yes that must of been horrible for you to witness being so young but she was going to blind you Mist, and that would've been far worse then what happened to her." Taking a deep breath she picked up her drink, "Ok you told me something now my turn when I first joined the Hero's not everyone was happy to have a woman on board as I'am sure you already know, but let's just say there was one who wasn't all that nice and made sure I knew who was really in charge" she couldn't tell him names they were still Hero's and the last thing she need was that one coming after her if he ever found out she had said something, she knew Mist wouldn't be to happy seeing him too.

"What did he do?" Mist asked, hoping he wasn't crossing a line. He didn't think it would be anything too terrible--it was a hero who did it, after all--but one could never be sure. Even someone who claimed to be a holy man could commit horrible acts like molesting a child.

Aura laughed she couldn't help herself but sighed after a while "normally everyone love's the Heros, but there are a few of them who have got rather large egos because of the praise they always receive, and think they can get away with whatever they so wish." Aura picked up her glass and held it looking at the water in the bottom as she continued "One I will not say his name it's not fair on either of us if I did, anyway I'am losing track, one of the Heros found me living on the street and it didn't take him long to work out I had powers of my own, he was intrigued as I was the first woman to be born to a wholly male world and he wanted to see how far he could push me." Aura was watching in her mind the way he had walked to her and the smell of whisky on his breath as he licked her cheek. With a slight shiver she started again. "So rather than take me to the council he took me to his home, where he blindfolded me and chained me to a wall where he could beat me and see how strong my powers truly where, I have many scars from them few weeks at his hands. The last night I was there he raped me over and over again in every hole, trying to get some reaction from me believing that he was meant to be with me as and I quote " You are the first woman Hero and I'am the best so you can like it or not your my toy to do with as i see fit", Aura could feel the goosebumps raising over her body as she remembered the look in his eyes and wondered how he ever made it in to the Heros elite group. But she needed to finish what she had started so after a quick swig of her water she went back to that night, " I was lucky as he had fallen asleep and had forgotten to re-lock me to the wall so my hands were free, I ran for it as anyone would, and thats how i meet Aden because as i was running for the main door he was walking into the building, I had tried to tell him but the other was behind me and whispered if I ever told anyone he would kill me power or no power so I kept quiet but all through my training and working he would grin at me as if waiting for the time to come where he could have me again."

Aura had to stop there she was curled into a ball, on the sofa and tears were running down her cheeks she had her head down as she couldn't look up at Mist after what she had told him, he more than likely would think she had come on to him and changed her mind like Aden had thought the one and only time she had told him or tried to tell him about it. It had been the night she had gone looking for Mist she was so angry with Aden for not believing her he had seen the scars before she got the tattoos. But he would never believe a Hero as the other had gone that bad. With a sigh she sat back and waited for the pity or the laughing.

Mist gradually paled as Aura told more and more of what that one "hero" had done to her. That was a hell of a lot more than he'd expected to hear, and it was more than he thought he could take hearing. He almost asked Aura to stop, but he kept his mouth shut. If Aura needed to get it out, then he couldn't stop her. For both of their sakes, he supposed.

Once she was done talking, he asked in a whisper, "Who was it? Who was the bastard who did that to you?" He'd kill him. He didn't even care if he'd be sent back to prison because of it. That son of a bitch needed to die for what he'd done.

If Aura had been expecting him to laugh or show her pity, she was wrong. There was nothing but anger and understanding in his gaze. More anger, though. Mist was epically pissed off.

"Aura, please tell me who it was," he pressed. "For both of our sakes, please..." That was an odd thing to say, certainly. But if she did cave and tell him, he was going to do something terrible.

As Mist asked her whom the Hero was she looked up "I can't tell you I can see in your eyes what your thinking and I won't have you going back in to that place not on my account, Mist yes it was hard and I really hate to think of them times but" Aura nearly gave away some information that would've given Mist a huge clue she couldn't do that.

Taking a deep breath she looked into Mist's eyes "See I know how hard this life can be it really doesn't matter what side your on its hard." It took Aura some time to stop herself from shaking but she did after what felt hours but could of only been minutes. Looking over at Mist she could see the real him inside "I don't wish to sound mean or anything, but why do you care so much what has happened to me and why do you seam to understand?"

Aura had a really bad feeling about what Mist had been through in prison but if he wanted to talk to her she would listen the only thing she would have to try and stop herself from doing was giving him a hug she was finding it hard not to now.

Mist shut down immediately when Aura asked why he seemed to understand. He moved away from Aura quickly, downright fleeing from her. Running away from a topic he wasn't yet ready to discuss. Aura's torment had been years ago. Mist's was far more recent, and the emotional scarring it had left behind hadn't even begun to heal.

Feeling suddenly nauseous, Mist managed to reach a bathroom just in time to throw up in the sink. He was a shaking wreck as he just stood there, leaning over the sink and clutching the sides of it tightly enough that his knuckles were turning white.

He hadn't made any effort to close the door, and chances were Aura had heard him be sick. Just because she'd asked him a question.

Aura watched as Mist ran from her what did i do.......oh my god thats when she realized what had happened to him, she could hear him being sick and she could understand why, wanting to be close to him she moved to lean on the wall just by the door "I'am so so so sorry Mist I wont ask again I promise" she knew how it felt to have every part of you dignaty striped from you at the hands of others.

Aura stayed where she was as much as she wanted to hold him close to her she didn't but not because of what had happened to him but because now she understood why he didn't like physical contact. So him holding me earlier must of really taken him a lot to do that. she thought as she waited for Mist to come out.

Mist couldn't even bring himself to look at Aura. He could tell from her tone that she knew. She'd figured it out. And that knowledge seemed to crush him.

"Just leave me alone..." he requested in a tiny voice, staring into the sink without really seeing it. He was still feeling nauseous, like he could throw up again at any moment. It was a horrible feeling, though it paled in comparison to the disgust he felt about himself. He couldn't bear to be looked at right now.

Aura looked around towards where Mist was "I know you want me to go but I just want to say It's not your fault what happened, your not the one to blame. I understand if you hate yourself but you can get through this Mist I know you can It will take time but your stronger and more of a man then of the scum in that place."

With that Aura turned around and walked up to her room. once up there she laid on her bed and put some soothing music on to try and forget what she had been through, she could understand what Mist had gone through to a degree she didn't pity him in the slightest but her heart went out to him another person being fucked over by the others of this world. She left her door open as normal just in case he wanted her at all.

Mist couldn't take it. Hearing Aura say that to him cut him deeply even though she'd been trying to be kind. She was wrong and they both knew it, and hearing her say that rather cliche remark only made Mist feel worse.

He broke down into tears after Aura had left, sinking down to the floor of the bathroom to hug his knees to his chest. He was vaguely aware that some soothing music was playing from Aura's bedroom, but he didn't pay it any mind. All he could do right now was act like the broken thing prison had turned him into.

It took a long time for this episode to pass, and even then he didn't leave the bathroom. He continued to sit down on the bathroom floor, though he'd calmed considerably. He'd stopped crying, and he wasn't shaking anymore. He still felt disgusting, though. That wasn't going to change anytime soon.

Several minutes later, he finally emerged from the bathroom. He sought Aura out, one question on his mind. It had taken a while for him to realize that question was in his head, and longer still for him to work up the courage to ask.

"How could you talk about what you went through?" he asked, his voice very quiet. It wasn't an accusatory question. He just wanted to know how she'd been able to talk about it without completely breaking like Mist had at her question.

Aura had heard as Mist came up to her bedroom door she didn't turn she just stayed starting at the ceiling she knew he would ask this question and she wasn't to sure how to answer. He deserves an answer he really did but how could she tell him why she felt comfortable with him when he clearly didn't feel the same with her.

"I honestly don't know how or why I told you, I wasn't going to tell you all but... I .... Oh I don't know maybe it was just the right time for me.." Aura really didn't know what to say she wanted Mist to talk to her and she knew what she had said was a cliche but she had to say something from stopping herself just walking in to the bathroom and holding him.

Aura had never had a problem with telling people just what she thought of them or herself so why now what the hell is wrong with me she thought while she laid there thinking.She moved over so if Mist wanted to sit down he could.She knew he wouldn't but at least she had kind of offered.

Mist gave a tiny nod, seeming to accept that answer. He noticed Aura making room for him on her bed, but he didn't sit down. Honestly, he couldn't even make himself take a step inside her room at all.

After several long and awkward moments of silence between them, Mist said, "I'm sorry I hugged you earlier. You probably don't want me touching you..." Considering how disgusting he felt, how could Aura stand the idea of him having touched her? Surely she was disgusted with him, too...

As Mist spoke Aura sat blot right up "Mist I liked you hugging me, the reason oh crap this is hard just I liked it when you hugged me ok" Aura's brain just wasn't working properly any more. But she couldn't stand the thought of him think that she didn't want him anywhere near her she liked the guy they had a lot in common ok it wasn't good but still it was a start she thought while she looked Mist in the eyes.

Aura kept her eye's on Mist she knew what she was going to do could be the last thing he needed but she had to make a point, Knowing he more than likely would move until it was to late she stood up off the bed and walked closer to him, once she was almost face to face with him she put her arms around his neck and kept her face away from it "I honestly liked you holding me earlier." Aura knew he may just throw her away like a used tissue or just freeze up on her but she had to do it.

Mist did indeed freeze up when Aura invaded his personal space like that, even going so far as to touch him. He got extremely tense, a look of near-panic on his face. But at least he didn't start making illusions to defend himself. He didn't try to hurt Aura.

"Please..." he begged quietly, his voice very strained. "Please, just back away..." He couldn't handle this. Not right now. He could feel himself starting to break down again, and quite frankly, his first breakdown today had been exhausting enough. A second wasn't good for him at all.

Aura moved away but she really didn't want to "I won't apologize for that Mist and I don't want you to apologize for hugging me earlier I'll give you your space but if you want to hug it out you know I'am here"

Aura knew full well he wouldn't take her up on the offer but in a way she hoped he did. But she was thankful he hadn't used his illusions on her she didn't want to hurt him but then again maybe that's a way to bring Mist back she thought then she shock her head at how stupid that sounded and was thankful that she had just thought it and not done anything.

Aura went and laid back on her bed watching the ceiling and listening to the music deep in thought about how she could help Mist with out having to get him help it had done nothing to help her it just made her keep more to herself well until Mist came back in to her life.

Mist breathed a sigh of relief when Aura backed off. His heart had been going a mile a minute, and he felt it starting to slow to a more normal rate now that he wasn't so panicked.

He stood in the doorway for a while, not able to make himself look at Aura. But he still didn't leave. He didn't want to be alone right now, he supposed.

"How are you not disgusted with me?" he asked eventually. "I'm disgusted with me..."

Aura didn't move she just turned her head to face Mist "How could I be disgusted with you if I'am not disgusted with myself?" Aura had been disgusted with herself for a long time but she wouldn't let her abuser's win she was strong then them or most of the time she was.

"Mist come sit down I promise i wont touch you, if you want I'll even put a row of pillows down the bed" Aura didn't want to be alone she had thought to much about the past over the last few hours to be left on her own.

Mist shook his head, even taking a step back from Aura's doorway. But after a few moments he changed his mind, walking hesitantly into the room to sit down on Aura's bed. He was extremely tense, though.

"You should be disgusted with me," he told her. Not to belittle what Aura had been through, but her abuse at the hands of that "hero" had been only for three weeks, and only one night had crossed the sexual line. Mist had been put through that hell for six years.

Aura had made sure she didn't move at all as Mist sat down on her bed but inside her head she was doing a victory dance at least his opening up in one way she thought with her eyes glued to the ceiling.

"I know what I went through was nothing compared to what you have been through and for as long but it still hurts, and i understand you feeling disgusted with yourself, but I don't look at you and see a man who has been hurt and tormented like you have I look at you and see Mist the guy I use to have fun with, the guy who even if he doesn't realize helped me to deal with so much just by fighting with me."

Aura tried to stop herself from talking but she couldn't and part of her thought that Mist should know how much he had made her see herself as more than just a victim, even down to the insults they use to throw at each other, it had all helped.

"How old were you when it happened?" Mist asked softly, his gaze on the floor. Aura was a little older than him, though only by a few years at most. He didn't know how long she'd been a hero. He'd started as a villain when he was nine.

There was another question that was on the tip of his tongue, but he kept himself from asking it. That would be crossing a line he wasn't sure Aura would appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.