The Town of Southmount (With Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger shuffled his feet, oh shit oh shit oh shit I'm so bad at this. Tiger noticed that he was taller than Isabella and laughed in his head, not that he was surprised, he was already quite tall when a human. It was amusing that someone who was shorter than him could put up such a fight...and so, feisty. But that was just an excuse to hide the bomb of nervousness that just exploded in his brain and stomach. He took her hand and shook it, making sure to make sure he was breathing fine. He blinked at her question, fuck, what do I say? Should I use my Father's name? That's fucking stupid, when I come home my head will roll on the floor. "I, uh, I'm Tiger. That's what people call me. I know I don't look like one, but I'm Tiger," he said, maintaining eye contact with her.

"Tiger." Isabella repeated almost questionably, wondering if that was his real name or a nick name. Maybe that had been an attempt at a joke, but she didn't smile or laugh but rather keep the eye contact for a moment before snorting. "Christ, your jumpy. Calm down, I'm not going to eat you." She muttered half heartedly trying to ease his obvious nerves now definitely sure they were caused by being in her presence rather then having something to hide. She leaned down beside the brute of a demon pulling something out of her pocket -a small, folded piece of paper- and pushing it into his hand before standing up again with gusto.

"Are you going to be part of the meeting today then?" Isabella asked lightly, smoothing out her wings but no longer looking at him as if he didn't capture her attention any more. She would have expected him to be invited by Carlos, or whoever sent him down here... Hmm. How much does he know? Probably a decent amount although it would be revolved in time. She headed for the door, not waiting up and expecting him to follow with an answer at hand- Isabella was not one to be kept waiting.

"Yes. Tiger," he said, looking away. God, he had never gone undercover in his demon form for this long before, and plus, if she recognized him - he would have been screwed. He laughed softly at her comment. Eat him? She can try, if she didn't mind getting struck by lightning for the rest of her life. Although most of his nerves were gone, it instantly came back at her question. Meeting? Tiger had hoped that he would find something by following her in here, but it was quite a disappointment. But if he said no, that would be quite suspicious. Muttering to himself, he followed after Isabella. It wouldn't be a good idea to walk in a place filled with demons attending this meeting, but at least he needed to make it seem like he was going.

"You've probably already been informed of this but you need to mask up a bit when the sun goes down. Right now is fine, but keeping in that form will get you picked off in no time- there's a hunter in town." Isabella stated dully pulling something of a magical disguise herself until there were no demonic features making her up. It felt odd and looked odd, because without the sharp large wings and features she looked rather... soft. Delicate and human like in every way but also very feminine. It was disgusting in every way to her, to appear this soft and harmless in great contrast to what she really was.

She didn't worry about the hunter during daylight like this, too much else to worry about and his last attack had been during the sundown anyway. Still, it was good to try and blend in slightly more against the almost empty streets and brought a sense of normality to the situation- even if it was false. "He's not too bad, but for a human he has quite the bite so watch out. Meetings are every other evening but you are only expected to attend when you can, most of it is just useless jabber anyway." Despite these words Isabella had a feeling this one would be different, with the change of pace in Syces movements and the loss of Ramiral it was going to be a long night. "You are however expected to keep in touch with the mains however for information, as the location changes nightly."

Tiger nodded, "Will do." He got the gist of it, looks like he should show up more during the daytime, since all the demons thought he came out a night. Tiger had no plans to go to the meeting, it was too risky, too dangerous. But thinking about it, there was a high chance of him getting some information if Isabella told her friends about the ambush. There was no way for him to go back into human form without her recognizing her, so he walked beside her near the shadows where he almost blended in. He had no idea how to appear more human whilst in his demon form, he'd never done it. What could he hide? His wings, some of the spikes and his height maybe, but the spikes aided in his disguises and made it harder for her to recognize him, along with the wings and height. If he attended, he would have to get a bigger cloak and follow her in the darkness. He had no idea where the meeting would be held, anyway.

Isabella flexed her shoulders sorely and although she didn't show it with that confidant 'I'm the boss and I'm better then' you strut of hers, she was in pain. She had done a poor job of healing the ankle and her wing even though hidden was still a mess. And yet... She had to be places tonight because without her the show wouldn't go on. The thought made her grown internally, when did her life get this complicated and messed up anyway? It was lovely to think back to a simpler time, back with just Ambriel and Zan, back before this whole thing with Syces happened, before... Ghah that man really occupied all of her thoughts lately. It was almost like a sickness, rot of the brain and Isabella wished she could just take a break from it for once to ease her cluttered mind and battered body.

Her voice dropped low even though composure did not change. "Tonight if you are joining you will meet outside the Common Crook bar, there will be a few others waiting there and you can join who is leading them as I have no time or patience to go over directions with you right now." Her tone was not snotty or bitchy, just honest and rather tired. She stopped for a moment and turned to face him, looking the demon hard again so his heart must have raced with nervousness. He definitely looked familiar, but of someone she knew long ago. "Other then that, you may be on your way now. Give Harper my greetings." She gave a small, fake clearly dismissing smile and turned again to start walking.

Tiger watched the demoness walk ahead, strutting quite majestically, if not for her newly-healed ankle. He watched her, his thoughts in a muddle. She seemed like a very strong person, she sounded very confident in herself and not afraid of the dangers that accompanied her position in the city. Tiger guessed that she was one of the elite, following the scene in the pub, looked like the other lower demons were very afraid of her. But he knew the higher she went into the tier system, the more danger she was in and more attention she attracted. Syces sounded merciless, ruling Southmount with fear and an iron fist.

Tiger's ears twitched at the voice of Isabella, she was telling him the name of the bar. Should he go? Would he dare? Will he die? All these questions that rely on fate. He hoped he didn't smell different from the local demons, if he did he was screwed. He was never going to get the much needed award. He met her gaze, perhaps she was trying to intimidate him, but Tiger had already gotten used to her scent, which made him relax now - instead of tensing up. "Alright," he replied, he made a cat-like leap towards a roof and scrambled towards the town square, hoping she wouldn't question the direction he was going. Tiger hoped that he'll run into her during the night - follow her scent maybe - and sneak into the bar without notice. That would be the safest and sensible plan for tonight.

Isabella had other things on her mind, as she headed for something of a home to eat and maybe even rest before tonight. Almost instantly the demon was pushed from her mind replaced by more important thoughts and plans. Without the energy to keep a disguise up any more she let it drop a few blocks from the apartment- the reactions of both human and demon around were priceless as almost all of the humans and many of the demons scampered out of sight.

"You left again without telling me!" Oh god, Ambriel was having one of those days. Those days where she let her care for Isabella show through, no doubt trying to guilt her now squabbling about 'waking up in a panic' and 'you left such a huge blood stain on the couch'. It wasn't working, and if it had been anyone but her best friend they would have had their tongue ripped out by now. She just wasn't in the mood for this chatter- picking up the small human and tossing her over her shoulder, Ambriel let out a small squeak as Isabella carried her to the couch like this and plopped her down. "Stop. Sleep. Watch tv. Do something, stop talking I'm making dinner alright?" She sighed irritably turning to the kitchen but had sucsessfully shut the little human girl up.

Ambriel gave a smirk watching her friend work in the kitchen- Isabella was absolutely hopeless cooking anything and even worse right now while she was tired and aching. She literately couldn't boil water- not patient enough she always ended up putting the things in without letting it come to a full boil first. Of course she knew that trying to assist Isabella at this point would have been stepping over the line- the demoness was very sensitive about these types of things. "Don't you have a meeting tonight?" She called half-mindedly flicking on the television.

"Mmm-hmm." Her friend half growled as potatoes refused to boil and she gave up with a loud "Fuck this.", retreating to the bathroom for a shower. Ambriel smiled, getting up as well but going to the kitchen to see what she could salvage. Time was passing rather quickly, it would be a shame when Isabella had to go again because even though her company was almost always like this- the human enjoyed it very much.

Tiger crash landed in the alleyway next to the Southmount Hotel, he was tired, there was no way he would be able to attend the meeting tip-top shape. Painfully transforming back, he walked into the hotel, ordering a steak on the way up to his room. Medium-rare, biggest steak they had available. The waitress stared at him, but dismissed him as he walked slowly and slightly painfully back to his room. He sat calmly in his room, tending to last night's wounds and re-applying medicine. It seemed that Isabella, a pure-blood demon, recovered much more faster - which as expected, of course. Most of his scrapes and cuts were gone, the only wound noticeable was a rather large scar in the midst of healing in the middle of his stomach where she lashed out at him. Tiger pulled out the floorboards and dragged out his weapons chest, reloading his pistols and making sure he had all his gear in case something happened during the meeting. Pushing the chest back into the gap in the floor, he opened the door to see the waitress with a delicious, steaming steak with gravy. With a nod of thanks, Tiger retreated back into his room where he wolfed it down, he loved his meats, people were always concerned that he didn't eat enough greens but there was no helping it.

Tiger climbed out the window and took refuge in the tree right outside, waiting for the clock to strike seven, which was when he decided to find Isabella.

Isabella returned later out of the bathroom immidiately followed by a loud shreik from Ambriel. "Isabella get some clothes on!"

Round two.

Isabella returned again, this time dressed and ready to go but not before frowning at Ambriel. "I said I would cook." This human practically took care of her, although she would never admit it to herself or others. Much too prideful. "You also gave up," Her friend pointed out before Isabella frowned more but sat down to eat. Most demons lived off a strictly meat and manna diet -although the meat could be anything, human and other demon was always best- but not this lovely demoness. Although the rabbit food tasted like... well, rabbit food, she had learned long ago that a mixed balanced diet similar to a humans actually benefited more in the long run. Sure it didn't give for as much power or energy at a moments notice, but she could elongate her days with less sleep if she had more of this shit to burn off. Of course, she ate like a ravenous demon.

"Your going already?" Ambriel looked up half way through the meal to find Isabella standing. "Sorry doll," Her friend sighed getting a sigh in return and then a hug. Damn, she was so affectionate with this human. This was her ultimate weak point, and they both knew that in itself was the biggest danger with playing with fire like this. She would never be able to forgive herself if anything happened to her sweet little human, not after so much she had lost and so much they had been through together. "Don't get eaten, ok?"
"Ill try not to."

The streets were almost identical to last nights, with all life darting to try and stay withing fading light it was like no time had passed at all. But then again, this town did that sometimes. Sometimes it was stuck in time, frozen each day and night- other dark evenings it was evident the demons in this area had almost made time tick faster in the crumbling town. Isabella hummed to herself, she was well aware of at least three quick-footed stalkers following her pace but they were not a threat. She was walking out in the open, and they were simply following to find the meeting place. Now on her way, the demon popped back into her cluttered mind and she half wondered if he would be showing tonight.

Tiger was itching to call home, but he didn't know if he was allowed - or if there were any telephones in this goddamn place. The large tower clock in the center of town chimed seven times, the rusted hands on it's face creaking as it moved positions. He grabbed a long, large black cloak that he took out earlier from his chest and leapt off from the tree, ducking into the alleyway where he had crash landed earlier. Swallowing hard, he clamped his mouth shut to muffle his yells and transformed - watching his clothes twist grotesquely into solid black skin. Spikes grew painfully from his body and his body stretched. Throwing on his cloak, he smelt the air - looking for that one different scent in the rancid city and honing in on it. He followed his nose, head tucked in the hood of the cloak and walked towards the general direction of Isabella.

Humans and small demons all avoided his path, he did look quite big, and the cloak was raised in odd spots due to his spikes. In the night his blue eyes were bright, like gems, glowering at passersby. If he had to fight tonight, at least he would make his father proud, dying in this form. But at the same time he was starting to feel regret for not being able to call home or write letters and saying 'goodbye'. Tiger roared aloud to assert himself, there was no way he was going to die here, no way at all. In the sky, clouds swirled around his location as if they were attracted to the booming sound.

With the roar Isabella stopped for a moment, glancing around. Should she deter to look for the source of the sound? Curiosity was rather troublesome, always picking at her mind and making the demoness do things that normally wound not even be considered without a bit of well thought before hand. Such as what she as doing now, switching paths to the confusion of many following her in the shadows- soundless steps on the empty road that in a way were just as intimidating as Tigers roar and size.

Should she have been surprised? Probably, but for some reason upon heading in the direction of the sound and seeing who was walking along there she didn't find herself very shocked. "What's with the shout, loose your way and get frustrated?" She smirked going to walk beside the demon as if he was an acquaintance where in all reality she didn't trust him enough to walk with her hands in her pockets instead of on the sides. Something she noticed however, probably because of the dim moon light, was those beautiful blue eyes demons were always attracted to so. Come to think of it, she had never seen a demon with blue eyes before... it wasn't really worth suspicion because demons of all race came in all shapes and forms but they certainly were something.

Tiger regretted it. Even though the street was no longer empty, he could hear the scuttering demons running towards a single location. The floor underneath him turned cold, no human stirred and the city became almost dead. He had forgotten about his plan earlier, to sneak into the pub. He basically just stuck a huge red 'I'm here' sign over his head. For a moment, Tiger thought he was in the green zone, he continued to walk forward until suddenly, hearing the familiar demoness' voice he turned around and his heart sunk. So much for trying to be sneaky. "Who, me? Get lost? Absurd. You must be joking," he puffed his chest. "I was just on my way."

He knew his bravado will not last long, she made him nervous. Butterflies were starting to grow in his stomach. His identity had to be kept a secret but there were so many signs. White hair, blue eyes, his voice...trying not to reveal himself was hard. Being captured was not an option. He had thought about his mission during the tedious train journey, thoughts about failure, torture or death from the demons...he knew the demons of Southmount were ruthless, merciless creatures. Most of them didn't care about the wellbeing of the human citizens of Southmount, letting them starve their asses off and leaving their decaying, lifeless bodies in the streets to be eaten by their cannibalistic demon cousins. Some, he heard, liked to live a normal life, invading homes and replacing the humans that once lived their. Female demons interbred with humans to create spies within the old resistances of Southmount, which lead to the downfall of the idea of rebellion. People disappeared everyday, some as sacrifices, some who fall into the clutches of madness and become a beast. Tiger had even heard of a terrifying rumor, the head demon of Southmount had apparently kidnapped several women from the cities and used them to create more and more children, making sure the human population did not fall off completely.

Tiger had yet to know what the demoness' motives were. He knew she wanted to overthrow the current leader, but what would she do then? Enslave all the demons and humans and make them her toys? Kill off all the humans completely? Or perhaps she would be one of those rare rulers who wish to unite humans and demons, even though such an idea was absurd - it was quite possible. He had no idea if she was good or bad. Killing Syces was his number one priority, but he will not leave the city in the hands of Isabella if she decided to be just like him, a deadly, indifferent ruler.

Isabella snorted at his attitude, not seeing it falter a moment later but she didn't particularly care- most demons she knew would respond with something similar for safety of their own pride. Even the demoness herself probably would... well actually, she definitely would never admit to being lost. He looked lost, probably just covering up now and the thought made her smirk. "Right."

"Your on the move a bit late, naturally most are expected to be present by the time I get there because it starts almost immediately after." Then again, this was his first round so unless Harper had mentioned something there was no way Tiger could have known that. It didn't keep the disapproving tone from her voice. She was the heart of this operation and always lead the meetings, surrounded by a few who had personal interests in Syces downfall and then of course after that there were those who simply wanted a crack at the town once he was out of the way. Very few knew why Isabella herself wanted to take down the tyranting demon, one of which was now dead because of his actions. There was almost no one she trusted with that information although Syces knew why, it wasn't a subject matter anyone had the balls to inquire her about or that most would receive an answer too. She wanted to take him down, personally shed his blood, and that was good enough for the rest in her follow lead by example.

"With that being said, you may walk with me." They were heading the same way anyway, but the words implied she held power which was definitely a feeling the demoness liked. A few continued to follow their steps as distance to the bar closed and soon it was clear to see this place approaching was a deadly dangerous one, hovered outside and in by powerful demons with a violent and amused look in their eyes.

That smirk of hers made him nervous, hopefully it meant something else, and not that she knew who he was. He huffed at Isabella, "You must be a pretty damn important demon in this city, eh?" he muttered. He was nervous about the meeting, if he fucked up he was sure Isabella would be the first to strike him. And since she was quite prideful Tiger knew she wouldn't like the fact she was saved by a demon hunter. He shuddered at the thought of hundreds of demons pouncing on him, if trying to take out Isabella was difficult, there was no way he could take out her supporter. He huddled into his cloak, making sure it covered his face, hopefully, no one would point him out and say 'he doesn't belong here.'

"You must be a pretty damn important demon in this city, eh?" Isabella raised an eyebrow at the comment, it was suspicious in itself as the demon should have known this already but this time she did not drop it so easily. "Indeed I am, I would have expected you to already be informed of such. Only the most important are involved deeply in this, many powerful demons are coming from different parts of the world in hopes of getting a slice of the town once it has been freed of the current tyrant." She cracked her knuckles out of habit and ran her fingers through her hair. "This little place is a demon magic hot-spot after all, one of the best in the world. But from what I hear, thats not what your after?" She glanced to him, raising an eyebrow as they approached the bar.

Almost immediately as they came within feet -Isabella was still walking with Tiger of course, conversing with him- they were given respectable space by the demons outside. Most of them looked down as the demoness passed, but Tiger himself got a decent amount of odd looks for not only his appearance but his company. Isabella continued, unaltered by the new atmosphere. "Not many of us have a personal feud with Syces, but I feel its those who are strongest in our little group." Her clever hands reached up to curl her hair before quickly braiding it back and letting it fall again in a more orderly fashion. The demons who had been following them now made appearances, almost closing in on the two as they headed for the bar as well but at a safe distance. The door was propped open, and Isabella went for it before pausing to look back at him with a smirk. "Relax. Meetings aren't that bad, if you go in there with a nervous scent like that your going to get picked on."

"Oh shit. I fucked up already," Tiger mumbled inaudibly to himself. "I do know that you are one of the big influences, I wanted to make sure." He tried to make his voice sound confident, trying to make it sound like he already knew this information. He could tell he was doing a shit job at it. However, inside his head he was worried. Different types of demon were moving in? He hadn't heard of anything like that before. And powerful ones at that too. This place was going to be a location for possibly a war for the throne, a bloodbath. He gulped, Tiger hoped the town of Southmount wasn't going to expand any time soon, the city was already a menace, imagine it's damnation spreading far across the country! Not even the most experienced demon hunters could do anything about it by then. He snapped back to reality at the demoness' question, 'But from what I hear, thats not what your after?' Not knowing how to reply, he ignored her question and focused on the bar in front them instead.

His question earlier about her influence and power had been answered. He watched as other demons move out of her way, making sure to stay a well distance away from the demoness, most of them avoiding eye contact with her and looking down. He also noticed some of the demons give him several looks, the nerves kicked back in, and Tiger drew his black cloak closer to himself, hoping the demons wouldn't overanalyze him. As she told him about personal feuds with Syces, he thought about it in his mind. So she claimed the demons with personal grudges to the current leader was in their group were the strongest? He wasn't sure if that was good news or bad news. Certainly, it was not the best thing for him for a bunch of strong demons gathered in one location, but at least they were against Syces. Tiger had no information about his appearance, or his powers, which made him scared - not that he'll admit it. As Isabella walked into the propped door, he followed swiftly. At her comment he tried to relax, but he knew he couldn't, if he let his guard down - let that cloak slip - he was fucked.

Brushing her hair back again Isabella forgot about the demon she had been walking with a moment ago as if she had more important things on her mind now. The effect was not instant as she walked in, more of a slowly spreading one something of a ripple effect as one by one all the demons fell silent. In fact, she left Tiger in the dust there and moved to take a seat at the bar which was the only one empty- as if it was perpousfully empty. Uggah, this is going to be one hell of a night. The demoness expression didn't reflect her mood at all, in fact it looked cool and patient although she rubbed her eyes in a tired sort of way as the disguise dropped leaving her wings exposed to full height. A tail curled around her waist as well as the rest of her natural demonic features, it felt nice like having a cloak lifted off. Wait, they were still all so quiet? Looking up Isabella scowled. "You know the drift, I shouldn't have to baby these meetings. Report!" Sitting up strait her sudden snap in an aura changed the whole environment of the room from a casual gathering to almost something of a business meeting.

Many demons in the room spoke out one by one, although newcomers wouldn't know it they were actually organised -by Isabella herself- by sections of the town they watched over. Most were small and addressed in vague titles -such as 'the little area by Barns Bakers' and 'the center well'. It was good to have one demon per small area easily replaced if they got taken down and easily contacted when needed, sometimes waiting for a meeting to be held was too long a wait. Much of the report was useless babble about different types of demons being reported seeing, curiously enough where the mayor of the town had been, and what activity Syces's men seemed to be up to- all of what would be expected. But there was a short something to the info, just snippets really that have been confusing to Tiger... rather then simply speaking out all to do with Syces the demons seemed to be watching over their areas and keeping them in check -with Isabella at the heart of it all. They spoke of low human populations, rising demon, in not a negative or a positive way simply neutral. How clean their area was being kept, how the -mainly demon run, now- businesses were being kept, in a way it was almost like a town meeting. However there were a select few, after these had spoken out, that seemed to be tasked with more curious and specific information, much more interesting in the redheads opinion as the meeting had already been going on for at least three hours. Isabella herself leaned in to listen fully to these ones speak, as did the rest of the crowded room of at least six dozen demons.

"... And on a lighter note, I have pinpointed our recent stay-hunters residing location. A simple inn, curious the mayor seemed to have grown a brain and hidden him deep within the town but we managed to track it." Isabella thought for a moment before leaning back again. "Lovely work. Leave his home stay be for now, keep an eye on it but this pest is definitely the least of our worries for the moment." Finally it seemed her turn to speak, it was always brief and to the point just as the demoness liked it. Every word was clung onto like a lifeline. "As many of you have already been informed, we lost Ramiral recently as well as the half-blood Marcus and his brother." There was no trace of the sadness she felt in her tone, such weak behaviour would not be alloud among such powerful company. "He will need to be replaced, I have already appointed the dragon-kin Finnich to stand beside me in his place." Draconic eyes met her own as the cloaked man gave a nod and received a few glances from others around the room before all eyes were trailed on Isabella again. She took a sharp intake before continuing. "As none of you but a select few know... from a generous tip I have also pinpointed the current location of Syces. This I will not revel, as only a select few will be accompanying me to see this action through although we shall not get our hopes too high again now, let us not forget that last time was a deadly false alarm. No, I shall be going in limited this time for investigation before we take drastic action again." There was clearly a bad experience in her words, something bloody that had happened prior to this day a long time ago... the false alarm that had lost many lives back when they were still in a rather small weak state. Isabella paused, already coming to the sweet end of what she needed to say. As soon as the demoness ended she would be clearing out, but many would stick around to speak about the information shared tonight for possibly many more hours. "We are close, all of us to taking him down. I know many of you are in this for the heart as I am, many of you are in this for the town, a few are even in here for lack of something better to do," She flashed a smile exposing sharp canines and received a few in return; "But always, be ready for when I give the word because as soon as we pin Syces down were going to rip that bastard and everything hes worked for apart." The words were followed by a few cheers, as Isabella sat back and it was clear she was done talking.

As soon as Tiger entered the building. he ducked behind the demons standing at the back, making sure he wasn't going to be near Isabella where he could attract unwanted attention due to her influence in this bar. Hiding behind these demons could do good for him, he made sure to select the taller ones, hiding behind them and crouching down, but making sure there was enough space in between them to scan the room and keep an eye on the demoness who went straight for the empty chair near the center of the room. As she revealed her demonic form, he watched as the demons were silenced and turned their heads towards her. Such influence! Such power! She was beautiful in a dangerous way, Tiger assumed she probably used that to her advantage. At one sentence the demons began reporting to her, it was like the town square back home, where the citizens talked about their requests and the roamers gave their intel to higher ups.

He expected the demons to all speak at once, possibly destroying his ears. But no, they told her everything in an orderly fashion, which caught him off guard. Southmount was only recently overrun, the demons had first been spotted maybe a little over a year ago, and this invasion was one of the fastest in history. He had not expected the town's rebel group to have a system. Of course, most of the information travelling in the bar did not make sense to him, but he absorbed everything he heard, hopefully it would be useful later. They were talking about the population, and how the humans were becoming less and less and the demon numbers were rising. This worried Tiger slightly, the pace of this invasion was incredible. Most towns took at least three years to be completely overrun with a demon ruler. But Southmount took only one year and a few months. The demons talked about town businesses run by demons, which caught his attention, perhaps he should go exploring again and try to pinpoint these businesses and see if they did any harm. The meeting reminded him of home, especially the town square where it was always busy and loud - men advertising their requests and intel and rumors being spread around.

No surprise, one of the topics had to be him. He listened carefully to the demon who had tracked him. It seems that they had found his hiding place, not that it was a reliable hiding place anyway, Tiger mulled over this fact. Perhaps it would be a good idea to move his weapons chest, this mission was already difficult - without his weapons and medicine this would be impossible. Tiger decided to move it after the meeting, if he got back to the Hotel alive. Isabella's reply changed his mind, however, he relaxed a little, knowing the head of this group had told her friends to leave his place alone. It was good that he was one of the lower priorities. He almost growled at the fact she talked about the casualties with such a tone, it was like she didn't care - no emotions, no respect for the dead. To him, that was a sin. Glaring at her, he listened to her revelation of the knowledge of Syces' location. She made a good move, not telling others about it, it was possible that there could be a spy amongst them, since there were so many demons present. Somebody who didn't belong could be hiding in here, just like himself. Her words of encouragement were received with cheers, he'd admit it, she was a good leader. But the way she talked about Syces rubbed Tiger the wrong way, did she have a personal grudge like the demons she told him about? What was it? What did he do that made her like this? Such questions could not be answered. He lingered at the back of the bar, deciding against going home and staying around to see if there was some extra information he could take in as well as watching the demoness.

Isabella never liked to stick around these meetings any longer then absolutely nessicary, although tonight was a slightly special occasion for her and secrete ears only. There was roumor what had been confirmed with todays attack in the book store -someone in this loose group of theirs was a fly on the wall for Syces. It was no surprise really, not much was said here that could be potentially dangerous to her or the other demons -that information was specifically passed from tounge to tounge in secrate quiet places. However she still scanned briefly, knowing one of these demons had brought the downfall of her friend.

Uggah, it's hopeless. There were just to many of them, too much chatter about tonight and recent events to single in on one specific conversation. In fact, the buzz of talk was already giving her a headache and smoothing a hand over her wings Isabella moved quietly from the bar stool to the exit. She paused briefly to speak with the dragon-kin addressed as Finnich a moment ago, simply inquiring about a one-on-one meeting the next day before slipping back outside. The expression masking her face stayed until her boots crunched on wet outside ground. And of course, it was pissing from the sky again as if heaven itself was spitting on her. It brought a groan from the demoness, out of spite of the rain and she was about to head home anyway when something flickering orange for a moment by the side of the building caught her eye.

"Travis," Strutting over to break the distance Isabella reached and pulled the cigarette from his fingers to take a puff herself. The man -who was either human, or in very good disguise- looked surprised for a moment before a grin spread across his face realising who it was. "Well, if it isn't the queen herself." Isabella gave a light laugh, passing him back the smoke. "Like my speech?" The man took a long drag before leaning back against the side of the bar, they were under cover of a short roof avoiding the rain so she followed his casual stance. "Oh yeah, you sure know how to get them rallied up. Although I'm quite insulted I wasn't invited to join your little tyrant-hunting crew."

"Eh, you would probably fuck it up." Isabella stole his smoke again holding it for a moment before smiling and shaking her head. "He's gone. He's really gone. Fifteen years, I knew that bastard for most of my life. So did Syces. Now just because of a years events, he's just... gone." Travis said nothing, as the demoness who was still unmasked in her demonic features tilted her head back to rest against the wall. She closed her eyes facing the sky and let out a sigh. "I wish It had been me. It should have been me. He was so much better a leader then me, so much more to live for. What am I even going to do once I get rid of Syces? Where do I go from there?" Her eyes flashed open in a tense movement as Travis shifted to put his arm around her waist in anything but a comforting gesture. "Hey, I know it sucks alright and he was my friend too, but we can pull through this together. Why don't we go inside and have a few drinks, in his honour we can talk about-"

Oh my god. It was literally hard to believe, maybe she masked her emotions a bit to well because the demoness was close to crying at this point and it obviously didn't seem obvious but... was he seriously hitting on her? At a time like this, when Isabella had begun to open up to this demon she had known for some time now, even if for lack of a real friend to open up to, he was hitting on her. Pulling away, Isabella dropped the half-through smoke and crunched it on her boot. "Hey Travis," She laughed in a cold way, trying not to let the hurt show through as she turned and walked away. "Go fuck yourself."

Status
Not open for further replies.