The Ties That Bind

[bg=#2F2B30][dash=#5D4463]Violet Stilwell

Violet cast a wide smile. "How about a stroll in the park?"

Compared to yesterday, the weather had cleared up a bit. There were still clouds in the sky, but nothing looked as grim and grey as it did before. The park had it's few smatterings of people taking out their dogs or getting some exercise, so it was the perfect place to take a quiet stroll with a famous personality.

Violet walked with her arms crossed, and tilting her head as she examined the Prince's face. He didn't look like the type that would attack women, but then that was a common problem. A lot of guys looked like nice dudes until someone got hurt. Now, how to dig for information without making him suspicious.

"How was your evening last night?"
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine looked a bit sheepishly at the nurse as she told them the elevator was broken. Some luck! As she and Iann stepped out, she fumbled for her phone.

"Oh! Yeah, sure." Pulling it out, she handed it over. Yvaine didn't pry and ask to see who he was calling. ...then she realized she hadn't told her Dad she wasn't coming home last night! Yvaine suppressed a groan and covered her face with her hands. How stupid! He was going to kill her for sure!
[/bg]

<fieldset>
<legend>
Park
</legend>
It was an odd question to start an interview. It sounded pointed, but Hans could see no reason for it to anything other than a friendly inquiry.

"It was nice enough. I went out with Gunther but I still haven't gotten over the jet lag so I cut it short. Nothing much happened." He shrugged and looked out over the park stifling a small yawn. "Perhaps next time you could join us."
</fieldset>

<fieldset>
<legend>
Shades Hotel
</legend>
Gunther's black SUV pulled up in front of the grand entrance, and the bodyguard entered the lobby.

"I believe there is a package in your room sir." The receptionist called just as Rachel exited the restaurant. Her eyes locked on the bodyguard and her perfectly white perfectly friendly perfectly fake smile found its way onto her lips. Perhaps away from the spoiled brat he would answer some questions. A little careful planning, and a little luck and......

"Sorry, I should have watched where I was going. Let me help you up miss... Oh!"

"Oh you don't have to worry, I'm alright."

"I thought I made it clear.... You are not authorized for an interview with the crown prince"

"No we already spoke, but I didn't come here for him." If it was possible her smile became warmer. "I'm doing a segment of the life of hired bodyguards" As if she would ever do anything that low "And I thought since you're assigned to such a high profile....... person, that you must have some insights."

She took him arm and steered him towards a table, "The prince mentioned he sent you on an errand, does he do that often? And what kind of errand was it?
</fieldset>

Iann looked at the cellphone he was being offered and took it. He started to dial then stopped and closed the phone. "Here I cant.. I have to um, Ill walk home I see you guys in school, and thanks for everything it was really .. um.. ah. yeah thanks.." Iann avoided her eyes as he spoke. He could see that Flarecia was still on the phone and it was just as well. I wasnt really to thank them for worrying over him. It was not something he was use too. He flashed a quick smile and took to the stairs.

Holding his arm close he got to the main level and was out of the hospital with his pain meds rattling inside his pocket. He wasnt sure where he was going he just knew he needed air. About three blocks away an all to familiar black Bentely rolled past him then flipped a quick u-turn. Moments later it rolled up next to Iann and Iris's voice filled the air.

"Stop the car damn you stop!!" she snapped Wilks. He stoppe the car and she jumped out grabbed Iann into her arms and held him close. "Oh my darling Iann, Im so sorry please darling.. I mean oh my god are alive.." she was about to say more when she noticed his arm. "Oh dear god what happened? Iann say something please.."

He wanted to but it was hard with her smotthering him and then her rambling. "Look just.. just dont hit me okay.. Im fine, I just wanna go home.." he blinked and sighed as she nodded to him and held him close. So much affection was a real shock to him but he loved it. They both got back into the car and Wilks headed home. "Forget our other stop Wilks we can just go home."

As they turned a corner a woman in a worn brown coat and dirty blonde hair watched the car as it passed. Iris noticed the woman and gasped soflty as she knew the eyes. The two women shared but a second of eye contact but it was enough. Iris hit the button and the window was up. "Now Iann, just rest okay, your alright now and well darling Im very sorry for being so rough, I just love you and well.." She wanted to say more but he had already nodded off.

[size=-1]
Mori felt a slight buzz in his pocket and stuck his hand in, feeling around for the source with a slight frown. Finally managing to fumble the phone from inside his jacket pocket, he flipped it open just before it quit ringing.

"Hello?" he muttered uncertainly to it, watching Chrissy's curious face as she blinked at him. Mori couldn't really place who might possibly have a reason to call him, his mother and father wouldn't phone from Arizona until fairly late tonight, trying to make sure they interrupted nothing. His curiosity was quickly assuaged with a soft, overly feminine purr.

"Happy birthday, Mori."

"Anna! What a surprise!" Mori lied, biting his cheek solemnly. Chrissy's eyebrows darted together, her soft pink lips pursing. As Anna wheedled Mori into going out for drinks because she happened to be in town, Chrissy's expression just grew darker.

When he had hung up, Mori rubbed his temples. "Old friend from school. You and I can have dinner tonight... or something," he backtracked, realizing what he had just said.

"Run along and do something useful. Why don't you go visit your friends from school?"
Chrissy hung her head, tears catching in the corners of her eyes. Still managing a perky tone of voice, Chrissy ran from the building and towards the hospital where her only companion should still be resting from a stomach pump.
[/size]

"Join you and mister big bad bodyguard? Are you sure he likes the company?" Violet joked, offering a wide grin. In the park she stopped near a bench and had a seat. It was looking out over the small lake that lie near the park's center.

"I'd really enjoy it, though, despite the babysitter. I do a lot of interviewing, but don't go out a lot just for the fun of it." It was an honest confession from Violet, despite the fact even if she did join them, she'd still technically be working. It was so hard to turn the reporter in her off.

"How much of that playboy reputation of yours is actually true? Honestly, I expected a lot more... eh, suave sleaziness. You know, all the pickup lines touchy-feeling stuff that most guys try to do."
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Iann had run off so quick, that it left Yvaine standing there a bit dumbfounded and confused! She really wanted to stop him, or at least make sure he got home okay, but... In the end, she supposed he really didn't want all this fussing over him. Urg! How could she be such a dork?! Now she was some kind of nosy freak AND her Dad was going to kill her for being gone all night!

Yvaine was going to turn around and let Flarecia know that Iann had already left when she nearly collided with someone. Again!

"Ack! Sorry! Oh, Hey Chrissy. Why are you here? Is everything okay?" Yvaine didn't really talk to Chrissy a lot (the girl never seemed all that friendly or chatty), but she made a point of knowing the names of everyone in school that she could. That's what a good School Council member did.
[/bg]

[size=-1]
Chrissy tried to compose herself, her small face slightly crumpled and eyes red. "Oh, hi, Yvaine," Chrissy tried to coo. With a small sniffle, she smiled at her. "I was just here to see if Todd was still in for, you know... that..." Chrissy smiled pleasantly. Her charm had faltered, no man should be able to make her falter. Chrissy straightened.

Chrysanthemum could not afford to lose her touch. Chrissy was the elegant one, the enigma who missed half her classes and still passed everything. Intelligent, beautiful, and never dating. Chrissy was adored, sought after. Popular without a crowd. Who was Maurice to throw her off?

"Why are you here?"
[/size]

<fieldset>
<legend><b>Park</b></legend>

Hans thought on Violet's question for a few seconds before answering.

"As you can imagine I am closely watched. To behave like that all the time would..." he paused biting him lower lip trying to figure out the right phrase to use. "Get inconvenient." what he really wanted to say was he had been suppressing that side of himself, but she was still a reporter and he had to be careful.

</fieldset>

<fieldset>
<legend><b>Shades Hotel:</b>Dining room</legend>

Neither Rachel nor Gunther where enjoying their 'little chat' Gunther dodged her questions with military precision and Rachel kept pushing, it was almost two unproductive hours later before they left, separately. Gunther went up to the penthouse and stashed the package in his bedroom, there was no need to open it, he already knew what it contained and it would be best not to contaminate any of the contents.
</fieldset>

[BG="black"]
Chanelle shook her head as she realised the nurse wasn't who she thought it was. For a second there, the young nurse looked a lot like the reporter she had met at the funeral the day before but that was ridiculous and she instantly dismissed it.

"I'm sorry, but relatives only," The nurse said standing up and moving away from the girl but the girl, Helena, raised her hand weakly and stopped her.

"No, I know her... please let her stay... please?" She begged meekly.

The nurse, seeing the girl so down and in need of someone familiar to be with her, gave in and nodded. She left the room but not before making sure the girl was comfortable and knew to call her when she needed it.

"Oh, Helena... what happened?" Chanelle said softly, sitting beside the young girl stroking her hair. If Amy could see her mother at this moment, she would have barely recognised her but that was to be expected - whenever her mother showed any affection towards her daughter, Amy would hastily lock her out.

The bottom of Helena's lip quivered and tears began to form at the edges of her beautiful jade green eyes. "I...I..." She started but couldn't finish as she buried her face in her hands and sobbed heavily.

"There, shhh. Don't cry," Chanelle said as she hugged the thin and frail Helena. "Just start slowly... where were you first?"

Helena sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand and stammered, "I... I heard the prince was at the Shades so I just decided to go in there and see if I could see him... you know of Prince Hans, right?"

Chanelle said that she vaguely remembered him from an article she'd read not too long ago.

"Well," Helena continued, gathering strength to speak, "This guy... he said he knew the prince and offered to take me to him. I don't know what I was thinking! But he sounded so much like the Prince, I thought... well, I thought he really did know him and then... he took me upstairs and... and then..."

Chanelle waited for Helena to finish but it seemed that she couldn't get the words out from her mouth. She leant closer and whispered gently into the girl's ear, "And then...?"

"And then..." Helena's voice was a hint above a whisper, "... he raped me."

The words stung Chanelle like a freezing cold blade into her heart and following immediately after that, blind burning rage. Words couldn't describe the absolute fury that she felt; a man, a vile disgusting liar, had violated one of her girls. No one would ever dare to do such a thing and this person, whom Helena had put all her trust into had done just that.

Chanelle hugged the girl and continued to console her until the nurse returned and insisted that it was time for Helena's lunch and that she needed some space to herself as she looked pale and tired. Chanelle gladly complied and as she stepped out of the hospital and into the carpark, she rang her husband.

"Honey, Prince Hans - I need his location, now."
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
"Look babe, I-I'm in the middle of something, is it urgent?" Willis asked. He had just exited Vincent's house and was now sitting in his car and on his way to the office. His mind was still boggling from the unexpected and unfortunate news of the young man's death.

"Yes, it's urgent. I need it right now," his wife said sternly into the phone.

Willis sighed and pulled the car into the curb and pulled out his laptop from the passenger seat. He switched it on and after a few minutes, managed to get the Prince's most recent location.

"I can only pinpoint him at this location though the information is several minutes old. I can't do anything until another update or if he visits an area where my security network is functioning," He said. Chanelle thanked him and hung up, leaving him sitting there wondering why on earth would his wife want anything to do with a European Prince?
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Chanelle Hung up the phone and made a bee line to her car. The Prince was last noted to be seen in the park but that was several minutes ago. If she was lucky, he would still be there and if she hurried, she would be there soon as well.
[/BG]

Iann woke up as soon as he heard the crunching of the gravel of their drive way. Iris was on the phone and quicky hung up as soon as she noticed Iann awake.

"Hi there, you have a good nap. Well lets get you inside and we can see about your arm and well all the other things that need discussing." Iris smiled as her door popped open and Wilks help both of them out. "Welcome home Iann" Wilks offered but Iann shot him the look of death.

Not long after everything had settled down Iris knocked on Iann's door and waited for his reply. "Come in" He didnt really want to talk to her knowing that it was all bad, but he had no choice he was tried and wanted answers.

"Iann.." she began but he cut her off. "My mother, is she here?" he stood up and looked at her. "I know my name use to be Armondo or some damn thing, she tried to see me at the hospital, she saw me when that man hit me with his car. I know it was her, what does she want.." Iann was shaking as he spoke. It was very hard for him to not shout.

"Ah.. Iann now listen to me and listen carfully, yes she is in town but its not for the right reasons. She is only after your trust fund. With your birthday coming up, I feel its in your best interest too.." Iann cut her off again. "NO! whatever you are planning just forget it. Bring her here! I want to confront her myself! Why did she dump me with you huh? Why after all this time she comes around and now suddenly wants to be my mother? Why!?" Iann was pacing his room as a voice filled the air.

"Iann I love you.. and Im sorry" Iann frooze in place. Stunded that his mother standing there in his room. Iris looked from one to the other. "Now now.. take it easy you too, we can work this out like civialized people." Iann looked like he was going to be sick and he was. He bolted to his own personal bath and slammed the door.

The two woman looked at each other. Iris was the first to speak. "Just leave him alone, you have done enough to him." "But he is my son, I want him back." "its to late for that and you know it, you cant have him or his money..you have no rights, you stopped having rights the day you gave him to me, now get out!" Iris was angry and worried about Iann. Never before in her life had she felt this way. "Go! Get out and never come back" Ianns mom stepped back and sighed. "Fine.."

With the slamming of the front door she was gone. Iris listened for it and then checked on Iann. "are you alright Iann?" There was silence then Iann spoke softly "Yeah.. Im okay..." he opened the door slowly and Iris was right there to hold him. They embraced like never before. "Its alright now, Ill never let anything happen to you darling.. please forgive me for being so blind" Iann could only nod as he held his grandmother. Letting go slowly Iris touched his face. "Rest alright maybe later you can go into town and see your friends.. whatever you like" Iann nodded and had never been happier to be home.

Tiffany made her way into the high school parking lot and grabbed the closes parking spot to school that she was able to attain. Slipping out of the car she wondered if she was late, which was something that rarely ever happened. She was still stuck on her thoughts of being in that creepy old building. It wasn't like she hadn't hung out in places like that before but this one was different from the other creepy places. Her thoughts took so much of her conscious thought that she nearly forgot to lock the car door. Immediately she turned around and was able to lock it from where she stood. She continuing to go her way she bumped into a guy with a huge back pack and nearly fell over. "Watch it!" She yelled at him and continued on her way. "Some people." She muttered under her breath even though it was Tiffany who was clearly in the wrong. Either that or the guy wanted to get her upset.

Looking both ways she crossed the not so busy street that separated the parking lot from the school and made her way forward. She really didn't want to think about the building or anything else disturbing. She was proud to be a straight a student and didn't need that distraction. Those kinds of thoughts were best kept for the night hours when she was a little more out of reality and just humored by anything. When she could just chill and relax with her other friends that lived the lazy life pretty much 24/7.

She wish she could live that life but not completely. Even in being a famous singer she wanted to be the best. She didn't want to just sing at random bars and accomplish nothing. She was born to do great things and that was something her mother and father taught her. Though at this point and time her parents weren't really giving her any more guidelines. It was just her and her friends. They were going to be the ones that would really had spice and flavor to her life. For now, Tiffany Geraldson, senior and on her way to becoming something truly great. Walking up the steps she felt amazing and powerful like anything was possible. Nothing was going to ruin her day at least not of her knowledge.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia blinked twice as she put her cell phone away, finding Iann gone & poor Yvaine crashing into a girl she vaguely recognized from school. Flarecia bit her lip, fingering the smooth edge of the back of her phone in her pocket and then yawning slightly. She stretched her arms over her head and started to make her way around the two from behind Chrissy. She flashed Yvaine a grin and a peace sign. Then, she headed over to staircase and hurried down.

When she finally got outside of the hospital, breathless & confused, Flarecia realized Iann had probably found his mother and left. She hesitated for a moment & then shrugged, pulling out her cell phone. She considered dialing his cell number to double check if he was okay, but she didn't want to speak to that freakishly terrifying butler of his. She cringed at that thought.

Instead, she looked around. Her mother hadn't mentioned Chanelle's timings, so Flarecia could do what she wanted until the next call. She ran a hasty hand through her hair and realized what a mess it was.

Or maybe she could go home first, Flarecia giggled at her own silliness.

[/bg]

A short while after behing home and having a bit of a nap Iann got up and walked the grounds. He was use to the sling by now but hated the pink cast. He tucked his arm back as far as he could in the sling and had taken a black sock, cut it and slipped it over the cast to try and hide the pink. It looked like a fat farret tucked into the sling but it was better than a bright pink cast glowing to the world.

The gray bits of gravel crunched under his feet as he walked around and got some air. It was a nice day and his thoughts went back to Flarecia and Yvonne, he couldnt help but blush. They were both so cute. He was looking down for whatever reason and came upon his cellphone. It was flipped open and looked like hell but it still worked. How it got into the gardens he didnt know, but he just couldnt help but want to hear Flarecia's voice again. He dailed her number and waited. He felt like he might passout being so nervus but at least in the gardens no one could hear him talking. The phone rang and rang..

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia had just got home, taken a quick shower and pulled herself into a new set of clothes. She was still running a brush through her frizzy, dried hair when the phone rang. She was pretty quick about changing & all that. It came with being a model. But finding the ringing cell phone in her pile of clothes wasn't too easy. She grabbed it just in the nick of time to slide it open & glance at the name,

Iann...?

"Hiyo! Iann... or the crazy mad butler that I'm about to report?" She asked quickly, half giggling. She hoped it was Iann. His butler was freaky.

[/bg]

"ah what?" Iann was a little taken aback by what she said. "No its me Iann, what are you talking about my umm, oh never mind. So anyway hi.." he was blushing as he spoke to her. Her voice gave him goose bumps. "Um I never got to thank you for everything. It was um you that helped me and well it was nice, so thanks.." he felt so goofy as he spoke to her. He must sound like an idiot. "So yeah, thanks" he said it again and wanted to kick himself. He was rambling now and felt even more nervus.

"So um.. yeah..." his voice trailed off as he paced the gardens and tried to think of what to say next.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia knew Iann was pretty shy, but she thought it was pretty funny if she tried to explain the butler situation so she dropped it, "Oh, nevermind that. It's nothing. You're welcome, I'm glad you sound better, Iann." she smiled into the phone as she tossed her laundry into the dirty clothes hamper, just barely lunging to save her headband as it went in. She turned the phone slightly.

"Hey Iann, I think I have Yvaine's number somewhere. Maybe you should call her up, too. She was pretty worried & I think she's still over at the hospital." Flarecia had seen the two talking to each other & she just had this feeling.

I feel so utterly devious

[/bg]

"Umm sure I guess, I mean just dont want to bug her she seemed kinda.. I dont know.. I mean I feel stupid thats all. What if she hangs up on me?" he asked her. He was trying to not pace any more and sat down on a stone bench in the garden. "Maybe I should text her, no I suck at that too. I dont know" he was confused and didnt know why he was just rambling. It was then that he heard someone coming. "Hey I have to go, text it to me..bye" Iann hung up his butler came over toward him.

"Dinner, sir.. this way please." he gave a slight bow and then winked at Iann. Iann laughed as the butler and he fell into a hug. "Glad you home kid, and nice umm muffler there." he teased as they went back inside.

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

"Oh." Yvaine had no idea how parents let their kids get away with all these surgeries. Her dad would flip out if she talked about stuff like nose jobs or bigger boobs. Urg! Dad... Yvaine was really regretting having to come home and getting the punishment she really was going to deserve!

Well, if she is going to be punished anyway, Chrissy looked like a wreck and Yvaine just couldn't stay out of things if she thought someone was upset.

"Iann Fletcher had an accident last night, but he's on his way home now. ...Are you okay, Chrissy? Do you want to go get some breakfast and talk?"
[/bg]

"Lemme guess, girls showing up and claiming you're their babies' daddy?" Violet flashed him a grin. That sort of thing happened all too often with the more promiscuous of famous people. Frankly, Violet was pretty surprised that Prince Hans didn't already have a lady trying to say he got her pregnant. Then again, if last night's news were connected to him at all... it may be worse than just babies.

Violet found herself getting lost in thought for a minute. What she really needed to do was snoop around the Prince's suite. Preferably when he wasn't there... How she was going to do that, though...

"So what is that suite of yours like at Shades? I hear it's the best hotel in town. Never had a reason to stay there myself, since I live in the city."
[/dash][/bg]

<fieldset>

Hans smiled at Violet's joke, "Thankfully I've had nothing that complicated." he commented. Perhaps she had forgotten the kind of security he had around him. He glanced back at the hotel tower. "The room is great, better than I was expecting..... but before he could go on his phone chimed. "That would be Gunther, he has arrived back at the hotel. Shpuld we continue this there, or perhaps another time?
</fieldset>

[size=-1]
Chrissy smiled weakly, her thick lashes slightly clumped from a wetness at the edges of her eyes. Yvaine looked sympathetic, which almost annoyed her, but she softened because she needed someone right now.

"Iann? I... I think I met him once. He's ok, right?" she bit her lip. In truth, the name brought no face to her mind, but it seemed familiar, a name she should know. A teenager from the area, she supposed.

"Also... I would love to have breakfast with you, if it wouldn't be a terrible bother."
[/size]

Tiffany sat at the library for hours on end not sure why she was feeling like not being in any of her classes. She didn't even have her father call her in sick, which she should've. One of the few things he's good for. She had not been tardy in her life and yet now she was feeling like a rebel. Maybe even possibly thinking of heading back to that haunted place if only she knew the way and yet the directions slipped her mind. Now she was stuck in school and in the library. All her decent friends were in their selected classes. Some might actually be concerned that she's not in class if they have the same class at the same hour. Her laid back friends are either sleeping off their hangovers or out doing who knows what. She was bored out of her mind and she hated it.