The Ties That Bind

Day 2
[BG="black"]
Chanelle busied herself in the kitchen, nibbling at her Eggs Benedict prepared by their house maid Charlotte, a middle aged French woman who could cook up a storm, while she watched her husband put on his tie, pack his suitcase and answer a client call simultaneously.

The dinner last night began to stale after a few glasses of wine with both Mori and the naive little girl kept to themselves, refusing further conversation (not that Chanelle was going to put out much conversation anyway since she felt obliged to make sure the disgusting pervert didn't do so much as touch her). They all left not soon after and Chanelle watched as the leggy blonde child happily sat side by side next to the prick as they drove off to god knows where to do god knows what.

She was brought back to memories of herself when she was younger. Beautiful yet painful memories. She thought she was loved then, more than anything in the world and she felt like a real princess. But then...

Chanelle shut her eyes tight and forced the memory away, then shoved the last of her breakfast into her mouth before depositing the dirty plate into the dishwasher for Charlotte to clean and unload later on. She shrugged on her cream Chanel bolero and lifted her Louis Vuitton suitcase from the base of the staircase.

"See you, darling," She kissed her husband goodbye before heading off to work in the black Merc.
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Willis, still cradling the phone between his shoulder and ear, leaned into his wife's kiss then went back to his conversation.

"Yeah, I just need to know if that Iann boy is alright. Is he still there? What about that Vincent fella? Mm-hmm. Alright," he said as he adjusted his cuffs, "Bring him on down to the office. Yeah. No. The both of them, if they're still there. Yeah. Uh-huh."

Willis switched the phone to the other shoulder and finalised his suitcase packing.

"Alright, see you in twenty," He said before he disconnected and shoved the phone into his breast pocket. He waved goodbye to Charlotte then made his way to the garage before jumping into the family MG. Before zipping off to work, he beeped several times as he looked up at Amy's window, hoping to see her face before leaving.
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Amelia awoke to the sound of repetitive beeping and groggily sat up from her bed to peer outside down into the street.

There, in the shiny dark green MG, was her father on his way from work. She smiled slightly and gave him a little wave, then watched him as he drove off into town. Although she hated him pushing her into his business, she couldn't ignore the fact that he was her favourite parent (not that there was much to choose from). At least he would always openly admit that they were blood related in public.

Stretching, Amy made her way to her private bathroom and washed her face. Her eyeliner was smudged around her eyes, and made her look like a zombie. She grinned sideways and made a face at herself before washing it all off and brushed her teeth.

"Morning, Charlotte," She said before sitting down to breakfast which was Eggs Benedict. Amy wasn't really fond of fancy foods and would've much preferred a hamburger or any other kind of junk but Charlotte's food was so good, she found it extremely hard to hate.

After finishing and helping Charlotte do the dishes, Amy raced upstairs again and dressed to go out. She wasn't due for work for a while and decided to take a walk around since the morning was quite nice. In the end, she chose a black PVC corset, black motorcycle jacket, black mini skirt, fishnet stockings and platform boots. Make up was the usual white foundation, black eyeliner and red lipstick.

Feeling happy with herself, she bade Charlotte goodbye and stepped into Emmerson's fresh air wondering what the day would bring.
[/BG]

[size=+1]Day 2[/size]
[size=-1]
Mori swept a bit of dust off of his jacket as he strode towards the university he taught at. Tall stone towers, the center one adorned with a grand clack face, loomed over him as he approached the peach stone building, two floors high, where he taught, He checked his reflection in a pane of stained glass as he walked past before admiring the deep plum color of the iris within it.

Mori lifted his black briefcase a little higher, his distracted gaze following a pair of students in their uniforms shuffling past him. Awfully early, he thought, as he headed towards the classroom where he taught. As he turned his key in the door, he gasped in surprise.

Bright blue and purple streamers decorated his desk, ribbons at the edges in tight curls that shone with silvery hue. There was a gift on the desk wrapped in festive paper, a card sitting atop it. Mori let a smile tug at the corners of his mouth. It was his birthday, how could he have forgotten?

He turned as he heard a rustle, a slender creature in a brilliant dress of pale green, the soft fabric bunching at her knees. Chrissy smiled gently as she stepped from the shadows, a soft white cake balanced in her hands.

"Happy birthday!"
[/size]​

Day 2

Iris was still not feeling very well and with all her stress she ignored the offer of coffee from her maid and went straight to the hard stuff. It wasnt even nine yet, but she quickly took three shots and rubbed her eyes. Today might be the day she goes public about loosing Iann. Just the thought if it made her stomach lurch. She waived off the maid and closed the door behind her. She had to make some calls. Iris moved with a little bit more effort since her head was still hurting from her terrible nights sleep but now the sunlight was bothering her. Sitting at her oversized desk she Iris nearly vanished from behinds its polished top and grand lions feet. Its marble top was covered with papers and other common desk trinkets. One item made her stop and stare. It was a picture of Iann. The only she had. A very old picture of him at his eight-grade graduation. She picked up up and touched his face. Her heart was being pulled in so many directions that her pride blinded her to the truth. Had he left because of her? Before Iris could think on it any more a knock filled the air and her driver popped his head in the door.

"Ello.. Iris. Its me Wilks, I.." he was cut off as she shoved the photo into her desk drawer and stood up. "Dont you ever knock you twit!" Wilks tried to say that he did knock but she wasnt having it. "So have you proven yourself useful and found my grandson or will I have to do everything myself, as usual!" she was angry and wanted to blame someone and Wilks would do for now. "Well she snapped" Wilks blinked.. "Ah no.. Ive been looking all night but nothing, Im sorry.." He hoped that she would buy it. He had only made a few calls since he could really careless about the brat. He only worried about his job. "Oh just move, your worthless. Im sure he is held up the clubhouse or something like that, damn him" she acted like she was angry but it was complete worry that nearly shattered her strong front.

Iann awoke to the funky smell of eggs and that instantly made his stomach flip flop. He had too look away as the nurse checked his chart and then left. "Eat up now, you get to go home today" she smiled and left him. Iann blinked and let out a sigh. He looked at his cast and lowered his head. He wished he was dead right now. But no here he was sitting in a hospital bed, with his arm in a pink cast of all things and these damn runny eggs staring up at him. Iann gagged and pushed the tray away from him. It made a sharp sweak and hurt his ears. Iann was still not feeling to great but wanted to get up from being in bed. Flinging the covers off he went into the bathroom and found his clothes. He fight to get into them but at least go his pants on before he stepped out and noticed Flarecia sitting there. He turned red since he was only in his pants. "Um..." he blinked holding his shirt in his hand. "I um.." he felt dazed and guilty but he wasnt sure why.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia yawned widely, stirring away just as Iann went into the bathroom. She was curled up on a small two-seater sofa in the corner of the room. She stared up at the ceiling, eyelids fluttering as she brushed her bangs out of her face. Her cell phone, with its pretty little charms was by her elbow, nearly falling off the couch. She heard his footsteps coming out of the bathroom and sat up, running a hand through her messy bed-hair, looking over at him. He seemed flustered, his shirt in his hand."Good Morning," she mumbled.

Flarecia blinked a couple times before she realized what was wrong and then smiled, bouncing off the sofa, "Hehe, sorry. Let me help you with that," she took his shirt from his hand, bunching it up so that she could easily pull it over his head and let him put his uninjured arm through first and then, carefully, the other one.

"You're not going home, are you ? I didn't get to ask you, but they have you as Armando Walker, my brother on the charts. And your bulter called in the middle of night to yell at me and I totally told him off. He was kind of scary. Can't imagine Daddy's bulter being that moody," After helping him into his shirt, Flarecia glanced in a mirror, ponytailed her hair and straightened her clothes. She was glad she'd picked something super comfortable for the funeral.

"You don't mind, do you? You'd have to come to my place. Unless you'd rather go home...? She looked at him quietly, slightly worried. She wondered if it was better for him to heal first before going back, but it was up to him in the end.

[/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine was just leaving the hospital cafeteria balancing a few cups of coffee and some juice in one of those cardboard containers. She was barely even awake - Flarecia had been sleeping on the sofa and Iann asleep in his hospital bed - that she didn't sleep herself, nor did she want to wake up anyone when she arrive. Yvaine thought it was sweet of Flarecia to be there, though she was really confused when the nurses said that she was Iann's sister. Yvaine had no idea they were related!

Reaching the room, she got there to see Flarecia helping Iann with his shirt! She quickly closed her eyes shut, (He wasn't naked but, well, it was still embarrassing walking in on people like this!), and stumbled in to the room.

"Oh! Um, sorry! I uh.. got here last night and.. and you were both asleep so I.. Er. I brought some coffee and juice, I didn't know what you would like. I could come back later, though!"
[/bg]

[bg=#2F2B30][dash=#5D4463]Violet Stilwell

It was morning, and Violet had just finished showering, putting on her makeup and getting ready for her day on the job. She flipped on the TV while she made her coffee and toasted up a bagel.

'-claimed to have been attacked at the Shades Hotel. Police are not releasing any suspects, but investigations are full underway.'

Violet choked on her first sip of coffee, having to clean up the mess she just spilled. At Shades? She was just there last night! Christ almightly, did she miss something big? She flipped through the channels until she caught a news station that gave the full cover story. Poor little women getting molested.

BZZZZRT!

It was her phone. She went dashing to her purse and dug through it until she pulled it out. A note. A name. An address.

"You've gotta be shitting me..." It didn't matter. Violet was tugging her shoes on, and was out the door in a flash. There was a story to chase down. A BIG one!
[/dash][/bg]

Iann blushed red from the two girls and well the whole thing. He tried to hide is face as he took one of the cups of coffee. "Um its okay.. I guess. Im not sure what to do really, I think Ill have to go home, Iris.. I mean my grandmother will kill me but maybe if you guys are nice she will give you guys my PS3 and well I dont know.." Iann was trying to blow off how scared he was of seeing Iris again when the nurse came by with a bottle of pills and a nice clean dark blue sling for his left arm. The nurse helped him into it and smiled.

"Now you have your meds, and your new sling, your all set, oh one more thing I almost forgot their is a message for you on the phone. I turned off the volume to let you sleep but forgot to turn it back on. Its just there, hit the red button and it will play." The nurse smiled and Iann went over to the phone. He picked up the reciver and hit the button. He had no idea who it was.

"Hi Baby, my baby Armando. I know you go by Iann that was Iris who did that. Um I just wanted to tell you I love and Im home Ill see you soon." There was a lot of crying into the phone and then a sudden click. Iann set the phone down and turned around to the girls. He looked lost and scared at the sametime. "Um.. yeah Ill go with you two.. right now sure.. lets.. yeah.. lets go.." Iann was trying hard not to panic as he slowly ushered the girls down hall and toward the elevator. He hadnt tied his shoes or washed his face and he didnt care. All he knew was that he had to take off.

Iris was yelling at her maid for no reason when the phone rang. "What now!" she snapped. "Hello!! well say something you ingrate!" Iris hated prank calls and she had been getting a lot of them and didnt know why. All she would hear was cars in the background or just noise. "Well say something you..who is this, what do you want.. do you have my Iann" she yelled.. Her blood pressure rising. "He's not Iann he is MY son My Armando and Im here to take him home!" the woman yelled into the phone then hung up suddenly. Iris dropped her end of the line and blinked. It couldnt be.

[size=-1]
Mori took the confection, seeming to be made of gently puffed cloud, from Chrissy and set it on the desk. Turning back to her, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her small form against his so entirely, one could hardly see her. Lowering his head, he caught the light, wafting scent of cherry blossoms drifting off her flowing gold hair.

He felt almost vulnerable, holding her so close, as though she was near enough to his heart and mind to seek their past. And maybe she was. He let the fear wash over him a moment, recalling the man he had been those years ago with Jeremiah. True, for the past three years, they hadn't spoken, a regret of his.

Still... Jeremiah might have lost contact with that man, but was it too great a sacrifice if he too had lost the arrogant, destructive Maurice of old? I've changed, Jerry... Oh how I would have liked you to see what I became. I became the kind of man I thought would never again exist. The kind of man who had not left the side of the helpless creature in his arms. Someone who actually, finally needs me. She wants nothing more, but nothing less can I give her...

"Why aren't you in class?"

"My mother already called me in. I know you only have this class today, I was told your afternoon class only meets every other day and the second morning class was canceled because over two thirds will be out for another class. I was hoping I could wait for you and perhaps watch you teach."

Mori sighed at her, cursing her mother as he cursed and adored the sweet flower with milk chocolate eyes. "Sit in the back..."
[/size]​

<fieldset>

<legend>

<b>Shades Hotel:</b> morning

</legend>

Hans checked his reflection in the bathroom and smiled, he has ready to go, just where was Gunther. He had sent him on an errand but that was two hours ago. Oh well, Hans supposed he could take a quick trip alone, it was only down the street.

As he walked out the front door he didn't notice the small crowd that was gathered, camera-phones followed him as he walked out of the hotel and towards the main street. He enjoyed the short walk to a small bistro and sat down taking the menu from the waitress and browsing the breakfast section.

The crowd saw its chance...

About a dozen teenage girls descended an the table, he found himself having his picture taken with screaming fangirls. His attempts to cover his face with his menu where thwarted, he was simply outnumbered. "Look girls, can you just stop for a second?"

"Ooooh, his accent is better in person"

He eventually got them to sit at the table without clinging to him, but only with the promise that they could have breakfast with him. As they read their menus they kept throwing his looks and smiling. Why hadn't he ordered room service?

</fieldset>

<fieldset>

<legend>

<b>St. Jude's Hospital:</b> morning

</legend>

Gunther exited the SUV, his suit exchanged for black jeans and jacket, A Balaclava pulled over his head, but only covering the top of his head. He entered the hospital and walked through the waiting room. He already knew her room so he walked into the elevator and pressed the appropriate floor. Outside her room a police guard stood watching, that would not do......

He circled round, and entered the corridor behind the officer and opened a storage closet. Throwing his jacket into the closet he knelt and turned to the guard.

"Hey can you help me with this?" he called out his arms inside the closet as he appeared to struggling with something inside. The guard went up to him.

"Ok buddy what do you nee..."

He found himself flying headfirst into the closet, a split second later a foot impacted with the back of with head and the was closed, the handle made useless. Violet had a few hours alone with the girl, she just needed to get here, he knew she was already on her way....

</fieldset>

Tiffany was lying in her bed comfortably when the door flung open. Her eyes shot wide open with irritation as she immediately lifted herself to stare at her mother. She was perfectly dressed as always from head to toe and with one shade too much of make-up for her face. Standing at the entrance with her arms cross and with an intensely annoyed glare. "You have school, get up, and don't make me repeat myself!" She demanded and of course the result of her statement being Tiffany falling back into her bed and closing her eyes, tightly shut.

"Go away mom! I need my beauty rest. Didn't sleep too well." She said but mumbling the last phrase, which her mother clearly heard.

"Oh let me guess, you were out with Jeremy Quilton. You know you could do so much better. I think he may. . . ."

"Mother!" Tiffany broke her mother off as she sat up and bounced out of bed in anger. Storming over to her closet she grabbed one knee length black skirt, a sleeveless black top that tied around the neck, dark gray hooded sweater, high heel shoes, bra, underwear, and socks, all in 10 seconds. Rushing into the bathroom as she slapped it shut leaving her mom stunned and speechless.

Getting dressed, freshened up, etc only took under twenty minutes as she stormed down the stairs and outside to her car. Her mother still unable to move from the lack of respect from her daughter. This was a usual morning for Tiffany and her mother. When her mother would assume the worst but soon leave for her job and feel all better and forget about Tiffany for a moment. Later that night the cycle would usually begin again, If she ended up returning.

Sliding into her stylish, sleek, black Porsche she placed on her pricey black shades. Pulling out of the long winding driveway she sped off immediately and didn't look back. In about 30minutes her mother would phase out of it and get on with her day. She would take her meds and leave her hubby a message that he would never get to have her coffee and head to the shop. "A usual day." Tiffany said with a grin upon her face as she continued accelerating the speed.

When there was something she wanted, Violet got it. In this case, tracking down the most recent victim of the local attacks was what she needed. A few phone calls and Violet was directed to the Hospital, where the young lady was still there for examinations and minor wounds.

Normally, personnel wouldn't dare let a reporter in to talk to crime victims, thus, Violet always had her arsenal of outfits to blend in with the staff. For the moment, she was dressed as one of the Nurse interns. Carrying her bag over her shoulder.

Finding the room, she knocked on the door softly, and made herself look useful. The girl lying in the bed looked terrible. There was bruises on her face, neck and arms. She had been crying most of the morning for sure. Violet almost regretted what she was doing. Almost.

"How do you feel, sweetie?" she asked carefully, pretending to be dusting some of the magazines on a table.

The girl was silent at first, but finally shrugged. "Awful. I just... I just wish I could have seen his face."

"I understand. Where, um, where were you last night? I bet the police would have suspects." Violet replied, trying to pose her question as unobtrusive as possible.

"At the Shades Hotel. I wanted to see if I could catch a glimpse of Prince Hans. I wanted to see him so bad, and someone said they'd introduce me to him. The accent was the same, so I thought why not...? God, I was so stupid!" The girl started sobbing again, burying her face in her hands and pointing towards the door.

Violet, giving in to compassion just nodded her head and left the room quietly. At Shades to meet the prince, and stranger with the accent. Was the Prince more than just a Playboy? Standing outside the door, Violet was flipping open her notepad to jot down her notes.
[/dash][/bg]

<fieldset>

<legend>

<b>Fidel's Bistro; Near Shades Hotel:</b>

</legend>

Sitting in a channel 5 van Rachel watched the prince. No gorilla, no Violet, that bitch, he was all hers. She smiled her perfect smile, and made sure her blonde bun was tight. She stepped out of the van with a careful poise savoring her coming interview. Time to show the network how to interview a prince.

The giggling crowd had finally been convinced to leave and Hans was just starting to enjoy his desert when he noticed the approaching reporter. Inwardly he groaned at the sight of her but he tried to remain composed. He knew that he had been sent here to keep him out of the way and distract attention away from what was going on back home.

Rachel sat down without greeting the prince placing a recorder between then with a smug air. "Hello Hans, I was wondering if I could ask ask you some questions......."

"I'm in the middle of breakfast, can we perhaps reschedule?" he was being polite, more than he felt was necessary, "And in the absence of my bodyguard I'm afraid its against protocol." not strictly speaking true, but it would do. " I sent him on an errand and he should be returning shortly. He smiled a pleasant and completely fake smile.

"Why did you come here? Just what is going on in Rhineland? Why have international reporters been shunted into working through channels instead of being allowed to view the situation for themselves?" she locked her eyes to his, "Answer in any order you wish."

"I am not a politician, I do not decide policy. If you want information you will have to go through official channels. he smiled, thanks for reminding me..

"You can still answer the questions.... your personal opinions."

"As much as I would love to stay and chat I am waiting for a delivery from home, Auf wiedersehen."

He stood leaving behind more than enough money to cover the bill on the table and walked quickly away, just what was her obsession with him?

</fieldset>

<fieldset>
<legend>
<b>Kobenz:</b> Capital of Rineland
</legend>

The riot police backed away under a hail of stones, bottles and other thrown objects, their shields raised.

"THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING! DISPERSE IMMEDIATELY OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO ACT."

The megaphone boomed over the shouting crowd to no effect.

"OK, SMOKE THEM OUT." tear-gas grenades flew from the police lines spewing their white smoke and landed in the crowd, several where thrown back. The crowd pushed forward towards the parliament building with shouts against various politicians who supported the royal family and the police locked shields, batons beating in time against them before the wave of bodies impacted their line and a violent struggle ensued. A bottle hit the side of an armored riot vehicle that had pulled up, flames spreading around where it hit.

"Hose them down, get that thing firing NOW!"

A strong jet of water shot from on top of the riot vehicle shot over the heads of the struggling officers and into the crowd.

"They're not budging I want the parliament evacuated NOW! I don't care if they're in session, we can't hold them back. CRIST!"

A shot rang out and one of the officers folded, falling to the ground. He was immediately pulled away from the struggle as medical officers came running.

"We need the commandos, whats going on at the palace can't be as bad as...... yes fine I understand just get us something ok? We're losing men.... fine ok."

"We've got men from the 53rd coming, just need to hold a little longer."

</fieldset>

<fieldset>
<legend>
<b>St. Jude's hospital:</b>
</legend>
Gunther's large form passed by the room, glancing in. There was an intern with the girl, but he couldn't do anything about that. Medical staff where missed more easily than police protection. Something was familiar about her though..... those curls.... Violet you cunning little.... he smiled and watched them for a second his gaze lingering on Violet. She was smart he would have to keep an eye on her. For some reason the prospect seemed...... fun.

He shook his head slowly still smiling and moved off down the corridor. His work for now was done, time he got back to the hotel.

</fieldset>

Iris paced by the phone and watched it. Almost hoping it would ring again. She was still in denial about it being her daugther. That tramp. Why now? Why would she come back? Then she realized that Iann was about to turn 18. Everything would change. He would come into money. She was here to get his money and nothing else. She stopped being his mother a long time ago and that pain Iann will never get over. Iris had to act fast. Picking up the phone she made a few more calls and then got dressed.

"Wilks lets bring the car we have to go see Norman, lets go, chop chop" Iris was already heading down the front steps before the butler could get the door open. Wilks ran along side her to open the door and let her inside.

"Yeas Iris.. yeas" he let her get in and they were off like a shot to see her Lawyer. For now her mind was on protecting Iann. She knew he had some sense and would turn up soon. She hoped he didnt already have contact with that monster.

Iann blushed as he stood between to the two girls. He sipped his coffee and pushed the button again for the elevator. He was still upset about that message but he put that in the back of his mind. Right now he was thinking about the girls and would he really be able to stay with Flarecia? His heart raced as he tugged at his hoodie and wondered why the elevator was taking so long.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia watched Iann worriedly, looking over at Yvaine. The recording had been a little unexpected & for the most part, Flarecia wasn't sure of what Iann would decide now, but it seemed like he was ready to leave. That was a good start...right?

She sipped her little orange juice box tentatively. Maybe they could all go over to her place? Yvaine must be a good friend of Iann's or she never would've found him under his hospital alias. Flarecia frowned, how had she found them ? Had the news leaked out somehow ? Flarecia had been sure not say his name or make any suspicions that he wasn't Armando Walker. She bit her lip slightly, looking over at Yvaine,

"Maybe you can both come over. We could decide what to do from there," she offered with a cheerful smile. She knew now was the best time to be cheerful. They all needed it. She tried to pretend she hadn't heard Iann's mother's message because it would be better that way.

They all needed a break. Life was so chaotic these days.

The vibration of her cell phone in her back pocket made her cringe. She waved her hand, "Why don't you two talk it out, I'll be right with you." she said quickly, assuming they were close friends, more at least, than she and Iann.

Going a couple steps away, Flarecia pulled out her phone and chatted quietly with the person on the other line. It was her mother, asking about her with the usual questionaire. When she was satisfied with Flarecia's answers, she simply hung up, reminding her, though, that she had an appointment with Chanelle that afternoon. Flarecia glanced at the clock on her phone. Only a couple of hours to go.

Maybe if she got some sleep at home & left Yvaine and Iann to chill in the house, she could meet her mother at Chanelle's. When she'd get back, without her parents around till late, she could sort things out for Iann.

Yeah. That sounded like a plan. She smiled.

[/bg]

[BG="black"]
Chanelle was almost to the company car park when a shrill chirp erupted from within her designer handbag. It was her cell.

Pulling to the kerb, Chanelle parked the car temporarily and checked the screen to see who was calling. She never, ever picked up unknown numbers and always asked her husband to scan the original location of the unknown signal to determine who they were before calling them back, or not.

Satisfied that it was a familiar number, Chanelle slid the phone to her ear and answered, "Chanelle speaking."

"Chanelle! Oh, thank goodness!! Helena... she... oh my god, Helena's in the hospital! The-they just called me this morning! My baby! Some sick bastard assaulted my baby! Chanelle, she's at the Emmerson hospital... I-I can't make it back in time and there's no one else closer... please... you're her manager..."

The voice was hysterical and everything came out stumbling and faulted that it took a while before it dawned upon her. One of her top teen models, Helena Smith, had been working for Chanelle since she was thirteen and both Chanelle and Helena's mother were quite close. Chanelle knew that Mrs. Smith wouldn't be back for these crucial moments with her daughter since she was all the way in Paris and was therefore relying on Chanelle to get to her daughter in time before the press came for her.

Switching the car into drive, Chanelle pulled out from the kerb and sped toward the hospital. It didn't take her very long to park her car and rush inside to the hospital reception area.

"Helena Smith, please," Chanelle rushed and the receptionist nurse gave her the room and level number of the poor girl.

Going as fast as her stilettos allowed her, Chanelle swiftly entered the room where the young girl lay and saw her... with a familiar looking nurse.

"What the..." She said, shocked and momentarily confused.
[/BG]

Willis Mackintosh was at work, when a secretary brought him a small package. "Sir, this was delivered this morning with a note saying it was urgent." Leaving it for him, it seemed it was something from that boy Vincent. The one met last night. When they chatted, Willis discovered the boy had a talent for computers and had offered him a job opportunity... He thought Vincent would accept!

But the package was strange. Inside was a note and a disk. "Sorry. I can't take the job. But you should have this." The disk had no markings and when placed in to a computer it was encrypted. Whatever was on it, must have been important.

Meanwhile, the police were standing over the body of a young man lying dead in the street not far from the Mackintosh Offices. The I.D. in his wallet said, Vincent Vargas. And he was most definitely murdered.

Violet arrived at Shades in record time. Her target? Another chat with that Prince. Just her luck, she caught him leaving the dining rooms and that bodyguard of his was nowhere to be seen!

"So we meet again, Prince Hans!" she said cheerfully, not betraying any of her inner thoughts. "Wow, is that Rachel I see back there fuming like a pissed off cheetah?"
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

"I guess I could come over." replied Yvaine to Flarecia. But just as quick, Flarecia was stepping away to use the phone, leaving Yvaine alone with Iann!

Yvaine gave a nervous smile as she rubbed her arms. "I'm glad you're okay. You didn't come to dinner with your grandmother last night and I was kind of worried." She didn't mention that she was also freaking out and thinking he totally hated her for getting him in trouble. Obviously, he had been in an accident instead! She shouldn't of gotten so freaked out!
[/bg]

<fieldset>
<legend>
<b>Shades Hotel</b>
</legend>
Hans turned to look at where he had left Rachelle then smiled at Violet. "Yes we just had a polite talk about the use of official channels. She seems to think there is something going on at home. If you'll excuse me."

He turned to the lobby counter, "Any packages for the penthouse sweet?"

"Yes, this came this morning sir..." she handed him a package with high priority airmail markings. "If you would just sign here and show your ID."

With a small sigh Hans took out his passport and placed it on the counter before signing the paper.

"I think it would be best if we spoke somewhere more private. Less chance of interruptions." he indicated the still furious Rachelle who is seemed was getting ready to leave the table.

</fieldset>

"Of course." Violet responded, casting a huge grin over at the fuming Rachel as Hans received his package from the front desk. Rachel was never going to forgive her, and Violet intended to rub it in her face until kingdom come.

"A private place sounds like a good idea. We could step up to that penthouse of yours and you could show me around, or if you'd rather leave Shades for a few hours and I tour you around the city, that would fun too." Hahaha! A day out with a prince! If she weren't trying to dig up the dirt on him, it might be like some girly romantic fantasy come true!

[/dash][/bg]

<fieldset>
<legend>
<b>Shades Hotel</b>
</legend>
"A day out sounds good, I'll just send this up in my room." he said and handed it to a waiting bellboy. "Take this to the penthouse, on the table is fine. My bodyguard should be back soon and he's been waiting for this."

The bellboy bowed and left with the package. Leaving Hans with Violet.

"So where do you have in mind?"

</fieldset>

Iann rubbed the back of his head and smiled. "Um sure I.." he lowered his eyes and sighed. "Do you ever get the feeling that no matter what you do your wrong and its gonna get you in huge trouble.?" He asked her softly as he looked at his shoes and noticed that one wasnt tied. He didnt even try to lace it up properly, he just stared at it. A nurse went by and noticed them.

"Ah that elevator is broken ya'll gonna have to take the stairs or wait till the ER crew get done with it. They've been hogging it up all morning. Something about some girl all hurt and what not, this damn place see more drama than Days of Our Lives.." The nurse shook her head and went to the nurses staion. Iann looked a bit scared from the news and wondered who had gotten hurt.

"Um I know this is crazy but can I use your phone their is someone I really need to talk too?" Iann tried really hard not to giver her direct eye contact as he waited for Flarecia to return.

[BG="black"]
Willis examined the package curiously turning it over between his hands. He had been trying to crack the contents of the disk on his computers in his office for the past five hours, postponing prior engagements and meetings to try and solve Vincent's strange 'gift'.

Willis felt that this piece, this mysterious disk, contained something vital and important. It was his gut feeling even though there wasn't much evidence to support his intuition. Perhaps he should visit Vincent, see how he was and enquire about the disk himself?

That seemed to be a better idea.

So Willis checked his watch and said to his secretary that he will be unavailable for all of his appointments for the rest of the day and to reschedule to another time. He then strode out to the carpark and jumped into the dark green MG convertible where he programmed his special GPS unit and tracked down Vincent's home address.

The system he was using was illegal but as long as he didn't use it too much, the authorities wouldn't even notice.

It took him a total of 20 minutes to arrive at the Vargas household. It wasn't the kind of house that he was used to seeing but it did indeed remind him of his childhood days when his family was just like any other regular family in the street, living in a normal house. He knocked on the door.

"Hello?" He called when no one answered. Willis knocked again and stepped back to examine the windows. All the curtains were drawn and there seemed to be an air of gloom about the place.

When Willis was about to turn around and leave to try again another day, a middle aged woman answered the door, holding the door frame open slightly ajar so that only a sliver of her form could be seen. She was all dressed in black and her eyes were hollow.

"What do you want?" She asked in a monotone.

Willis spun around and flashed one of his widest and whitest smiles. "Hi, I was wondering if Vincent Vargas lives here? Is he home?"

The woman shut her eyes and paused, then slowly opened the door. "Come in," She said in that same monotone.

Willis stepped inside and instantly noticed how cold and quiet it was. There were several people in the lounge, all dressed in black as well, and all of them seemed to be huddling together quite close as if they were in mourning. He thought it was strange. Perhaps a relative recently passed away?

"How do you know Vincent?" The woman asked. Willis assumed that this was Vincent's mother or at least some kind of maternal figure in his life like an aunt.

"I actually don't know him very well but I met him last night. I was on my way to the hospital and we almost ran him over! But thankfully, he was okay. We chatted quite a bit and I offered him a job at my company but... strangely, he declined," Willis pulled out the disc from his pocket and showed the woman, "He sent me this and said it was very important but I don't, for the life of me, know how to crack it open and was just going to ask him for some help. Is he here?"

The woman sat down at the dining table and rested her forehead in her palms. In a low voice she said, "He is dead."

Willis frowned, thinking that he may have heard wrong. "Sorry? Could you say that again, please?"

"Vincent," The woman repeated again in a grave voice, "My son... is dead. He was murdered this morning."

At that moment nothing else could be heard except for the sharp sound of a disc falling to the floor.
[/BG]