The Ties That Bind

In the back of the periodicals a few books could be heard falling and then a few more followed by a grumble or two. Iann was trying to carry more books then he should and well, dropped all of them. All over the floor and onto his feet. Sighing he bent down to pick them up and started to stack them on the table. Iann felt lucky that one was around to see his blunder. He had caught a lot of laughs and teasing for his pink cast.

He tried to have it recast but they refused and sent him home with more meds. He was really liking the pain pills and kept a bottle everywhere. He had one at home, in his locker and one on him all the time. It rattled a little in this pocket as he moved around collecting the books. He quickly stuffed the bottle down into his pocket to silence them and then grabbed the last book and stood up.

<fieldset><legend><b>SHADES HOTEL: Day 3 morning </b></legend>

It was a new day in and sunlight shone into the penthouse suite of the shades hotel. In the lounge area Hans was wearing a surprisingly casual outfit. Jeans and an un-tucked shirt covered by a windbreaker. Gunther waited calmly as the price get ready.

[color-green] "Its only a school, you won't even be making a speech."[/color]

"Its not only a school, its a HIGH school..... anyway I'm ready now."

He moved toward the lift as Gunther stood and followed close behind.

"Its a little unusual for you to leave me somewhere, let alone two days in a row, I must be paying you enough."

Gunther's phone buzzed silently again, it had been doing so all morning. She was getting impatient but Gunther would not answer in front of Hans.

The two entered the lift and proceeded down to the lobby and got into their respective vehicles.

"I'll go with you as far as the school.

Hans didn't respond as he stared the car and pulled away from the SUV behind him.
</fieldset>

<fieldset>

At the school The Boxter and SUV pulled up, Gunther, got out and looked around while Hans put on a pair of sunglasses.

"They know I'm coming right?"

"I called the headmaster this morning, interrupted his breakfast."

"Great, I'll just go park, you can go do whatever it was you needed to do."

Hans drove into the school parking lot and smoothly inched into a free space brfore vaulting over the side and walking towards the school building.
</fieldset>

<fieldset><legend><b>Channel 5 news van</b></legend>

This guy was sick, he raped a young girl, visited her in the hospital, then assaulted a policeman on his way out. It was a good thing Rachelle had his number. Watching the security tape again Rachelle put the phone to her ear.

"Come on pick up you psycho, now you're mine." she said impatiently.

"Yes what is it?" A German accented voice said on the other side.

"Just thought we could talk, I have something interesting to show you.... in my van. Trust me you want to see this." </fieldset>

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine was at school, and being one of the forerunners for Class President, she had a few free periods. Even better, today they were going to have a guest speaker, which meant she was involved in the setup process for getting everything ready. She considered herself real lucky that by the time she had gotten home super late the other day, her Dad had left for some sort of business trip. There had been a babysitter there that didn't even realize she was gone. SO lucky...! As long as her dad never found out...!

In the GYM, Yvaine was helping to set up the stage for their guest speaker. He was supposed to be a Prince from Rhineland, which she thought was super cool. The only thing that could've been better than meeting a prince, might be Raphael Devereux from that sweet band she loved so much!
[/bg]

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Iann's strange behavior still on her mind, Flarecia stumbled into the gym just as she'd been instructed to. The pretty young girl had crashed into an upperclass student this morning & spilled coffee on his pristine shirt. Now, as a consequence of him having to go home to change, she'd have to take his place helping to set up for some prince's arrival. She rolled her eyes, her dangling heart earrings twirling as she skipped into the room, spotting a familiar face.

"Yvaine! Hey! How are you ?" she called, waving. She walked over to her, "I'm covering for one of seniors. We're setting up for some prince, right ?" she asked, looking around to see what she could do. When she found a job, Flarecia rarely let it go unfinished.

[/bg]

Iann knew something was going on today and everyone had been talking about it for a while. Gathering his things he made his way out of the library. He had his normal collection of books on history and science. Lost in his layers of clothes his I-pod did its best to fill his ears with music that was loud enough to drive nails into soild concret. Bobbing his head a little as he passed the gym he caught sight of everyone setting things up.

Ballons, chairs, the mic and a stage. It must be someone important he thought as he walked in and sat down. Looking around at all the decorations and the buffet that was set up made his stomach grumble. Iann smirked as he got up from his last row seat and made his way behind the curtain and then over toward the huge table. It was set with all sorts of things. All of it off limits. That didnt stop him. When no one was looking he grabbed two chocolate covered strawberries, a wedge of melon and a mini-wrap that was filled with bacon, avocado, and who knows what, all he knew was that it was damn good.

Licking his fingers he reached for another strawberry and wrap. Shiftig his eyes around he felt like someone was watching him. He didnt hear anything and started to take another bite.

<fieldset><legend>School</legend>

Hanse walked up to the front of the school. It looked like he was expected and always one to savor attention he let himself be lead to the gym where preparations for his ....... "I was told there wouldn't be a speech." he said under his breath. But it seamed this would not be a waste of time as he was introduced to the head organizer.... a student. <frameset>

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

"Hi Flarecia!" Yvaine responded with a bright smile. "Yeah! I here he is from Rhineland or something like that. He is supposed to give a speech here today." Yvaine directed Flarecia to help her set up some of the chairs for the other people would be speaking.

That was when another one of the older Committee students brought over someone.

"Hey Yvaine, Flaricia! I'd like you to meet Prince Hans of Rhineland!" said Debbie, looking ready to explode in to a fangirl squeal!

Yvaine turned around and... blinked! Well, she didn't blame Debbie at all! The Prince of Rhineland was very cute! It took her a moment to clear her throat and offer her hand for a handshake.

"Welcome to our school! We really appreciate you taking the time to come and see us!"
[/bg]

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

"Prince Hans, huh?" Flarecia was mumbling when Debbie came over with a handsome guy. Yvaine's reaction was simple enough for her to understand and she almost cringed at the thought of her matchmaking project. What about Iann, Yvaine? Flarecia wanted to scream, but she knew better. Instead, she flourished a dramatic curtsy, "We're honored by your presence, your highness. Do enjoy your visit," she smiled brightly, flicking her hair over shoulder and placing a hand on her hip as she looked over at Debbie's face, gushing with squealing emotions and concealed a sigh.

The Prince of Hans didn't look like he wanted to be here, either, but Flarecia couldn't blame him. Maybe he wasn't the publicity type. Either way, he was stuck here and Flarecia felt sympathetic because of the look on his face. Like he'd gotten a nice surprise or something that he hadn't wanted. She shrugged, "If there's anything you need, let me know," she wasn't sure if she had meant to address that to the prince or to Debbie, but it just flew out of her mouth as she was thinking.

Iann's here somewhere, right ? If I can him and Yvaine to set up together, that would be great! Mister Prince coming be a good thing for them~ Flarecia's mind was coming up with various combinations and procedures to find the perfect plan as she turned back to the chairs they were setting up. She started to pull a white tablecloth over the main table for the speakers, making sure it was evenly spread and smooth.

If only I knew where Iann was... Flarecia straightened the cloth, considering whether or not she should text him. Would Yvaine be glad to see him? Or would she be too busy to spend time with him. Flarecia let out a small sigh. She could sense a major migraine coming on.

[/bg]

Iann thought her heard something and stuffed the last of the neat little wraps in his mouth, grabbed napkin and eased his way out from behind the stage area. He had over heard something about some prince guy and heard some girl scream or something but he didnt care.

Licking his lips he crumpled up the napkin in his hand as he tried to leave. He wasnt really all that graceful or blessed with stealth in any possible way. Trying to be cool Iann step over the long orange extension cord, his foot snagged it. He tripped forward knocking over three chairs as he tried to break his fall and then unplugged the mircophone. Looking up as all the chairs and clattering of plastic came to an end he looked up and smirked. "Hi Flarecia"

<fieldset>
<legend>Hans</legend>
Hanse took Yvaine's and with a small bow pressed his lips in a small kiss am its top before straitening with his best smile. "Thank you Yvaine, Flaricia. this is just my second day here but I'm glad could come. My bodyguard has business elsewhere and... " he looked at the preparations going on around then.. "This will be pretty public, won't it?" he looked a little nervous but was interrupted by the clattering of chairs nearby and turned to see Ian and stopped talking.
</fieldset>
<fieldset>
<legend>Gunther</legend>
As he watched the security tape he already knew what he needed to do. "And why are you showing me this?" he asked, his tone showing nothing of the thoughts in his head.

"Because you'd want to keep this out secret right? And I want access to the prince.... I believe we can work something out." she took the tape from the player and smiled her well-practiced smile but it froze as the tape was snatched for and hands and a large hand clasped over her mouth stifling her scream. she found herself being pinned to the floor of the van. 'Yes a believe I've already though of something. But I won't do that just yet, I have hours....
</fieldset>

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine found herself enchanted with the Prince when he kissed her hand. What normal teenage girl wouldn't be enchanted by a real live prince kissing her had in that totally romantic fairy-tale fashion! Her blushing had been cut short when there was a loud THONK and scattering of items to draw their attention. There was Iann smirking on the ground.

"Iann! Are you okay?" Abandoning the Prince, Yvaine moved to kneel next to Iann. She moved a chair out of the way and set the microphone stand back up. Then she was trying to help Iann back to his feet. "Your arm is still broken, Iann, you really need to be careful! You are okay, aren't you?"
[/bg]

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Iann's prompt arrival couldn't work better into Flarecia's mischievous schemes. She glanced over at Yvaine helping him to his feet worriedly and smiled, taking the Prince by the arm as gently and politely as she could without making it seem like she was leading him away.

"Ah, you seem worried. Why don't you practice taking a look at the audience seats from the stage while I set up the microphone? There's a brochure with the program on the podium..." Flarecia led him towards the stage and up the steps, picking up the brochure and waving it.

"See...I think the principal is going to introduce you first...And it gives him ten minutes to do...Wow, are you superfamous or something ?" she looked at the prince curiously. Well, he wasn't bad looking. Maybe he was smart too, "And then we have the Teachers Board speaking for a few minutes...And then there's a ten minute segment from Prince Hans..." It took her a moment to realize that this was all very real. There was really a prince at their school about to give a speech and she was totally pushing him around without any real authority. She'd been so caught up thinking about Yvaine and Iann, she hadn't really realized the full prospect of his being a prince.

"Eh! That's you~!" she exclaimed sheepishly, holding out the flyer for him, "Here, take a look." she then busied herself with reattaching the wire Iann knocked out and fixing some of the wires for the podium microphone. "Eto...this goes here...and this one into this plug...Okay! It should work ~" she was mumbling mostly to herself.

Then, straightening, she turned it on and tapped on the mic to test it. It was working! Yay!" she smiled happily as she adjusted it so that it was at an average height. Her eyes were slightly unfocused, looking towards the audience chairs the'd set up.

"You know...You don't have to be worried. You can talk about whatever you feel like...Even if you mess up, or you don't know what to say...It doesn't really matter...As long...As long as you're honest." Flarecia didn't know what came over her as she spoke, the words just came out. Maybe it was because she was speaking to an actual prince or maybe because she was considering his feelings; compared to her own nervousness before public speeches, "As long as you're honest, I'm sure, that your feelings will reach our hearts," she smiled at him.

[/bg]

Iann shook his head and looked into Yvaine's eyes. They were so pretty. He was wasnt able to speak for a moment but then he smiled as a faint blush filled his cheeks. He got to his feet and tried not to laugh as he watched as Flarecia fussed over the said Prince. He could really careless. Looking back over to Yvaine he smiled again unable to stop. Fixing his bag he tugged at his sling and moved his neck around a little getting his cast back into his temporary cradle. The fallen chair to his right rattled and then rocked back and forth as he tried not to knock it over after Yvaine had just fixed it.

"Ah, yeah I'm, I'm fine." He tried to sound as casual as he could setting another chair right as he stood up.

"No really, I sware I'm fine, really, just a little off balance thats all. Yeah thats all, so yeah." He was talking rather fast and his looked a little glassy as he changed the subject hoping to avoid any questions from either one.

"Hey have you tried the food, its great." As he spoke he moved his good arm and in his coat a bottle of pills rattled. He quickly lowered his arm and shruged. "Well anyway, I better go, looks like you girls have this, ah thing covered." Iann seemed a little jumpy as he turned to go. He was lost in thought or at least looked like he was as he scanned the room and turned to the side just a little.

"Looks like a big deal, he even has is own program." Iann was being a little bit of a jerk as he again stated looking around for a teacher or someone he then nodded to himself. Not see anyone around that might bust him he began to dig around in his pocket. His fingers took ahold of his prize. A little brown bottle with the white cap, popping it open Iann popped two pills in his mouth and took them without water. Putting them away as quickly as he could he hoped that Flarecia's rambling to the Prince would distract Yvaine. "So yeah you girls have fun." he turned to go but then saw the Princple coming and turned his back to him and looked down just as fast.

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

"Um, yeah. Okay...?" Yvaine was at a loss for words at Iann's comments! He sounded a little mad or annoyed. Didn't seem to think well about the program either! The first thing that came to mind was that he had to still be angry about her getting him in trouble. He was taking meds, so he must have been in a lot of pain. If she hadn't ran in to him, maybe he never would have gotten in to that fight with his grandmother and gotten hurt in the first place!

When the principal approached, Yvaine swiftly covered for Iann being there. He was helping with the preparations! The principal didn't seem to mind (It saved him and the teachers time) and was off again to check on some of the other students.

"...Iann, would you like to stay and help set things up?" she asked. If he would give her the time, she could make everything up to him! "I can introduce you to Prince Hans!"
[/bg]

<fieldset>
"Uhhh.. thanks Flarecia..." he looked even more nervous now that they where at the microphone. "Pubic speaking is more my father's thing, and I think they're hoping for ... insight into the situation back home. Everyone is... but I don't know anything." he swallowed calming himself.

He turned to her and with a small smile spoke "Umm where will you be during the speech? I mean... I don't know anyone here and It would help to have a face I could look at.." he took a step forwards so that they where standing close... "It would help a lot to see your smile"

Iann could only watched as Yvaine covered him for and made him blush the second the principal and the others walked by. Taken in by her actions he cant help but want to stick around. "Ah sure, Ill help. I mean I cant do a whole lot" he smiled and looked down at his arm for a moment and then back to her eyes.

"Ill do anything for you" He said with a dreamy tone in his voice as his head tilted just a little to one side. After a second or two he comes to realize what he said and has to quickly fix it. "Um, I mean, yeah I'll help you and them out, sure.. yeah..." His face is bright red as he turns his attention over to a chair. Fixing it again even though it was fine he moves it back and forth, fussing with it to avoid her possible stare.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

She had watched him as he spoke. It seemed strange that someone like a prince of a country might be nervous about public speaking. As he seemed to express interest in her, her eyes widened and she stepped back slightly. "M..Me?" She asked, surprised. Her mind felt scrambled for a second there. This guy...this guy...he... Flarecia was model; she wasn't easily swayed by such things, but to think that a prince was this type of person. He's such a flirt~! She smiled politely, glancing over to the podium and straightening the wires so that everything was in place.

"If you want to look at my smile, you'll have to find me," she replied curtly, slightly annoyed by the prospect of a flirting prince. She rolled her eyes as she headed towards the end of the stage, looking back, "By the way, I already have a boyfriend, your highness. That doesn't work on me," She winked, pointing her index finger at him before hopping off the steps and walking away.

I'll go help with the instructional papers. The nerve of that guy... She was fuming. It was one thing to be a fickle person whose emotions changed quickly. It was another to be entirely fake. The air that the prince had just given off made Flarecia think he wanted to use her kindness to pretend to like her. Maybe she was thinking wrongly of him, but still....She shook her head. It was upsetting. To think that she was nice to him!

[/bg]

<fieldset><legend><b>School</b> Prince Hanse</legend>

OUCH! Hans visibly flinched, as Flarecia spoke, his eyes dropping to the floor. "Sorry, its just I've never spoken to a crowd." he turned away from the podium and looked at the arrangement of chairs there. He would be surrounded by eyes. He held his for arm and breathed a sigh before turning to the wing and still facing away from the podium looked out over the gym. Es gibt keinen Ausweg aus diesem, nicht wahr? he asked himself.</fieldset>

<fieldset><legend><b>Royal Palace</b> Rhineland</legend>
The king looked out the window, anguish written on with face. Shouts and boos came from the square outside. "There is no way out of this, is there?" he watched as the royal commandos took up positions covering the gate. Unlike the police in the city hey carried live rounds. All across the city police station were being overrun, several units had retreated to the palace. Sooner or later it was going to get ugly.

"No easy way, I don't see you have a choice." his brother said standing next to him. "I don't see you have a choice."

"When did it come to this? Was I so blind as to not see this coming?" he went over to the desk and pulled a paper towards himself. "No choice, no choice at all." he signed the paper and then stood still, the pen dropping from his fingers. "There its done."

"It was the only choice, I'll take this to parliament and we'll announce it within the hour." he took the paper and put it in a folder and then into a briefcase. "I'll make sure everything is taken care of, you should get yourself and the queen to safety, things have already been arranged."

43 minuets later as a chinook took the royal family away from the capitol the airwaves buzzed with the news. The king had abdicated.

Across the world Gunther's satellite phone buzzed. "It is done, you know what to do." </fieldset>

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine wasn't sure if she wanted to giggle or blush, so she decided to spare herself from the embarrassment and coughed! "Um.. Okay! Then, well... You can help finish setting up the chairs here. There aren't too many left."

Glancing over her shoulder to see what else was left to do, she spotted Flarecia walking off to talk care of the papers that would be handed out to students during the assembly. Prince Hans was standing there looking confused and lost. She stepped away from Iann for a moment to approach the Prince again.

"Um, you aren't too nervous are you? You don't have to be! Chances are no one is going to be listening anyway. I bet you could recite the alphabet and everyone would still clap afterwords." Yvaine offered a joking smile. "If you want we could help you go over your speech."
[/bg]

Iann watched her go over to talk to the Prince and smirked. Shaking his head he let out a sigh. Looking around him all the chair's seemed to be in order and there really wasnt much more to do. Giving a little shrug he moved around to the open asile and walked up to the stage. He wanted to get a good look at this Prince guy. What a flake he thought. A prince, right...

Standing near the stairs he looked up and listened to the alphabet joke and could only shake his head. Iann was distracted and on edge it seemed. He rubbed his nose and fixed his backpack time and time agian. Coughing a little to get her attention he wanted to see if Yvaine might come back over to him. Chases where pretty slim since most chicks loved the whole Prince image from fairy tales and crap. Shaking off the silence he started to walk out and then u-turned back to the buffet set up behind the stage. A few other students had found it too and they were all eating and joking around. Iann fit right in as they ate olives off their fingers and flicked baby corn at each other in a growing food fight.