The Ties That Bind

Wilks jumped as a female voice filled his ear. "You? who are you and whats.. whats with Iann he has to come home you can not be is gf freind thing, you are not with his child are you?" Wilks was rambling now and trying so hard to sound like he knew what he was talking about.

"you let him go now, I come get him alright.. then.." He waited for her to say something. "Answer me you little.. she devil. Iann is a brat but he is Irises brat not yours..Ill find you I will I will gut you like a the tiny fish that you are.." Wilks was making stupid empty threats now as he was trying to think of what to say.

"Look girlfriend.. whatever your name is.. Iann has to come back I will say nothing, just bring him home.. I cant loose my job over you.. and him."

[BG="black"]
Willis heard Yvaine enquire whether everything was okay and when he heard the voice of the young man, he sighed in relief and responded to her.

"It's alright, Yvaine. I don't think he's hurt," He shouted then stepped closer to the young man.

He waved his hand in the air to dispel the smoke that surrounded them and coughed lightly as be breathed too much of it in. It dissipated after a while, and Willis saw the young man clearly for the first time. He was of medium build, with glasses and looked like the type that preferred to be inside his room all the time. Funny how he saw a bit of himself like that as a teenager.

"Gave us quite a fright there," He chuckled flashing one of his handsome smiles, "Sorry about that... we're heading straight to the hospital for an emergency. I think you should make your way down there as well, just in case, even though nothing serious happened. It would be quite convenient with us heading in that direction and all."

"And what were you doing standing there? You looked like you were day dreaming... mind you, I did a lot of that while I was your age. Structuring programs in my head and all that," He chuckled again, "Good times. Good times..."
[/BG]

Location: Alley somewhere in Downtown Emerson, sometime in the evening
"It's alright, Yvaine. I don't think he's hurt," the figure shouted towards someone else in the car.

"Yeah, I think I am not hurt..." Vincent thought, "but my mother will kill me if she knew I ruined these new pants!" He took another look at his muddy pants, "It would be a relief for me if she really kills me. But, knowing her, it's more likey that she'll subject me to anther round of nagging."

"Gave us quite a fright there," the figure, which turned out to be a handsome man, said, distracting Vincent from his thoughts. He seemed to be quite trendy for his apparent age, but his smile showed that he didn't let it get to him.

The man continued speaking, "Sorry about that... we're heading straight to the hospital for an emergency. I think you should make your way down there as well, just in case, even though nothing serious happened. It would be quite convenient with us heading in that direction and all."

"And what were you doing standing there? You looked like you were day dreaming... mind you, I did a lot of that while I was your age. Structuring programs in my head and all that," He chuckled again, "Good times. Good times..."

Vincent bowed his head, along with the rest of his upper body, "No no no! I apologise. I wasn't paying attention. And please pardon me for any inconvenience I may have caused you."

Without lifting his head, nor his body up from the bow, he went on. "And since you guys seem to be in a hurry, please go on ahead without me."

Not waiting for the other guy to reply, he ran off towards the other end of the alley. "That guy.... For some reason I wanted to come with him. But..."

"He seemed to be one of those mafia types. The new ones, with signature business suits...."

[size=-1]
From their table, where Mori was restaining himself from either holding the child lovingly or sending her away for insolence, he saw a man and a woman eating and caught a snippet of conversation. Foreign prince, hmm? The professor inside him called to go over and examine this, but the precocious child befolre him would no doubt do... something.

Instead, he contented himself with listening and watching intently while Chrissy nibbled at her mood. It did not surprise him that her glass of wine was further drained than his own and he tried to ignore the matter. Trying to appear casual to her, to avoid her suspicion, he dabbed at his mouth carefully with a napkin.
[/size]

Location: Alley somewhere in Downtown Emerson, sometime in the evening
"Yeah, and I think I must be getting home by now," Vincent thought as he walked away from the alley.

However, a squishy sound disturbed him. A squish for his every step. It didn't take long for him to notice that his shoes were wet, and that, his pants were wet too, and that area where his legs meet is wet as well.

Vincent sighed and turned back towards the alley. "I can't walk around town like this!"

And thus, he walked back towards the alley, where that businessman, and the taxi were still there.

"Sorry to have run off earlier. And again, sorry for whatever inconvenience I may have caused you." Vincent said, while keeping his head bowed.

"But..." Vincent hesitantly continued, "Can I hitch a ride with you guys?"

"Uhm.." He said as he pointed at his wet pants, "I can't possibly walk home like this...."

[BG="black"]
Willis clasped his hands behind his head as he watched the young man run away down the alley. He worried for the young man but what could Willis do if he didn't want any help? If anything, the young man seemed a little intimidated by him.

But, before he could think why, the young man returned to him albeit with newly soiled pants.

"Sorry to have run off earlier. And again, sorry for whatever inconvenience I may have caused you." Vincent said, while keeping his head bowed.

"But..." Vincent hesitantly continued, "Can I hitch a ride with you guys?"

"Uhm.." He said as he pointed at his wet pants, "I can't possibly walk home like this...."

Immediately, Willis took off his Amarni jacket and handed it to the kid and said dismissively, "It's nothing. I'm glad you came back. Use my jacket to cover yourself and we'll take you to the hospital."

Willis motioned for the young man to sit in the back seat with Yvaine while he proceeded to seat himself in the front passenger seat. He turned to the driver and have him another hundred dollar bill.

"To the hospital," he ordered.
[/BG]

[bg=#2F2B30][dash=#5D4463]Violet Stilwell

"Not a playboy, huh? I find that hard to swallow!" he smile was friendly though. Violet passed on dessert after checking the time, moving to dig around in her purse. She passed a business card across the table to Hans.

"I hate to cut dinner short, but it's getting late and I have tons of errands I need to run. If you call me later, it'd totally make my day. I might hunt down your number and harass ya if you don't." she gave him a quick joking wink as she picked up her stuff.

"It was a pleasure. Goodnight guys." waving a quick goodbye, Violet excused herself. As much as she was so tempted to hang around and do the whole late night stalking deal, this time she really did have tons of stuff she needed to do. There was still the Jeremiah Douglas death that she wanted to investigate, and despite how fun spending time with a Prince was... he wasn't the biggest story in town! Violet walked home.
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

Yvaine wasn't expecting Mr. Mackintosh to bring the guy back with him. So when he climbed in to the back seat of the taxi, she was nervously scooting over to her own side and trying not to look nervous. She wasn't exactly afraid of people, but this day was getting so weird.

"Um, hi." she said slowly. "I'm Yvaine." she wasn't quite sure what else to say, but she did try to smile! "Are you okay? The driver didn't hit you or anything, did he?" She realized the driver was still IN there and could hear her asking! She coughed and slid lower in her seat! They couldn't get to the hospital quick enough!

[/bg]

<fieldset>
<legend>
[size=+3]
Shades Hotel
[/size]
</legend>
"Good night Violet, and if you make good on your threat I'm sure Gunther would enjoy sorting you out"

To this the bodyguard simply grinned.

Once the bill had been settled Hans made the belated journey out the front door and towards the Palomino club.

Several hours later as he slept next a girl by the name of Sheryl or something similar her face was suddenly covered and she was dragged out of the room.

"You like it like this, don't you." came taunting in german as she was forced against a table and the thin gown she wore stripped from her. Then as she was held in place unable to shout out her dignity has stripped from her, then she was thrown into the elevator along with the gown. "now go home, I'm done with you."

</fieldset>

[BG="black"]
Chanelle slammed her fist onto the table top as Mori seemingly ignored her. She straightened up and stood with her hands on her hips, an intimidating sight, and began speaking again.

"Don't you ignore me, Mori," she said, her voice carrying over the restaurant turning the heads of the dinner guests, "What do you think you're doing sitting here with a girl on a dinner date? Have you no shame at all? You're just like Jeremiah. Paedophile pigs!"

She took a half filled wine glass from the table and emptied its contents over the professors head, not caring what kind of scene she was creating. From the entrance doors, two security guards began to make their way towards the commotion.

"This man," She began as she looked at Chrissy and pointed at the Professor, "Don't think that he won't hurt you... you're young and pretty now but just wait until you become 'Spoiled Goods'. You'll see."
[/BG]

[size=-1]
Mori sighed, resting his head in his hands as win dripped slowly down his hair and collected in pools at the nape of his neck where it began to soak into his suit. Small streaks of red lined his face, and he still said not a word. Slowly, Mori picked up a napkin and started dabbing at his face.

"Chanelle, what a pleasure to see you again, might I say..." Mori's ironic tone left nothing to be desired, you could hardly tell he had just had a glass of wine poured on him, but his frown up to her was very dark.

"Child of a friend, actually," he stressed lightly, "who I was kind enough to take to a lovely restaurant for her pleasure. Next time I will ensure we go to a burger place."

Seeing the wills so brightly matched, Mori's flaring in its own way even, Chrissy giggled, ignoring the woman's comment to her as she gracefully glided out of her hair to soak up the wine drenching him.

[/size]​

[BG="black"]
Chanelle didn't believe it for a second, though she couldn't argue seeing as though the security guards were nearing and Mori's face being wiped down by the young girl, not kicking up a fuss like she was.

"Excuse me, is everything in order here?" One of the security guards asked. He was tall and lean, and had a 5 o'clock shadow. "Sir? Is this woman bothering you?"

"No," Chanelle quickly cut in. She watched the girl discreetly as she gently wiped the professor's face of wine. Sick, sick sick, she thought to herself wondering why no one else could see what she could see.

"Now, ma'am, I'd prefer it if the gentleman here and his companion responded to me," 5 o'clock shadow said, "Now, sir. Is this woman bothering you? What would you like us to do?"
[/BG]

[size=-1]
Mori smiled slowly, an almost sick pleasure in his eyes as the security guard questioned him. Sometimes it paid to be civil, simply to wipe his face down.

"Sir, I think it's just her...hmm, hormones acting up. Nothing out of the ordinary," Mori said with a twist of his lips into a small smile. He would wait to see what she made of the comment, placidly patting Chrissy's arm.

"Thank you, little princess," he murmured indulgently. Chrissy would have said something about the comment, except for once, Mori was being gentle and charming to her. Unlike his normal reserved self, he was coddling her.
[/size]

[BG="black"]
Chanelle's expression darkened further with fury but she said nothing to the comment in case she would be dragged away by security. For one thing, it would be terrible for her company's reputation to have a manager go berserk at a seemingly civil fellow such as Mori and, secondly, she couldn't stand that sly smile of his, a sign of his triumph. She would just be proving him right by being held hostage by security guards.

The guard looked from Mori to Chrissy to Chanelle. "If there's nothing the matter, then we'll be off. However, should the need arise, we will be nearby and don't hesitate to give us a shout for some... assistance..."

He motioned for his partner to follow him and they promptly left the restaurant though their figures could still be seen outside in the hotel foyer, watching the small group discreetly.

Chanelle tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and leant close to Mori, her lips dangerously close to his ear.

She whispered threateningly, "You watch out, Mori. If I suspect anything, I'll do to you what I did to Jeremiah..."
[/BG]

[size=-1]
Mori's brilliant eyes flashed as she mentioned his late friend. His mouth curved into a more attractive smile as he beckoned Chrissy to come closer, holding her soft body budding with new femininity in the crook of his arm, passively as to avoid suspicion from anyone else.

"I don't believe a woman so in the throes of neurosis as you yourself seem to be is coherent enough to know what you are saying," he purred back charmingly, "I suggest, however, that you keep your threats at a minimum. You see, harrassment would be a nasty mark on your record."

Curse the girl for making his life harder, but he could feel his pulse quicken slightly as he held Chrissy to him. She was only young by societal standards. In nature, her lusciously soft, delicate figure was considered fully mature. He tried to keep this thought from his mind as she pressed with an inviting trust against the arm holding her. Curse her to the pits of hell, she was trying to send him there with her.
[/size]​

Iris tossed and turned in her bed as a vivid nightmare yanked her from all the saftey of her reason. Bright lights and loud noises filled the air. Her heart was racing as strange hands reached for her, but then went beyond her cold body to that of someone else. She couldnt see who it was. Some small shadow moved across her blinding her from seeing the face. A shadow that seemed to cry out and reach for her but she was to late. He hands reached for the shadow to late and the shadow was gone. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she sat up right and screamed the first thing that came to her mind. "IAN!!" panting and holding her chest as it pained her and she was out of breath sweating like never before in her life. Her maid jumped from the chair next to the bed as she went to her master's side.

"Madam.. please.. shh its okay we will find him okay.. its okay... shhhh there there.. rest okay please.." The maid fixed the pillows and held Iris's hand. It was cold as Iris broke down for the first time in years.

"Its all my fault.. its all my fault.." she cried as the maid looked on in horror. "I umm.. Madam... senora.. please.. I.. yo no ... I mean.. I cant.." The maid was trying to find the right words to comfort her but it was very hard. The woman was a bitch 99.9999% of the time.. this was a shock. All she could do was rub Iris's back and pray for moring when her replacement would take over.

Wilks meanwhile waited for a reply and hoped he had a chance to get Iann back for he lost his job. Then he thought again about his words and tried again..

"Look see, how much you want I have my bonus and money from the poker.. I can pay, how much you want for him.. Im not from money, but please.. let me try.. Iris will have me fired or killed, please.. little girl I beg you ... " Wilks was now pacing by the car in the drive way as bits of grave crunched under his feet. He walked back and forth chain smoking until he got an answer. He worried the girl hung up. "Hello.. please hello...?? Hello.. please help me.. please.." he begged into the phone.

[BG="black"]
Chanelle's eye brow raised a little as she thought she saw some faint signs of distress as the young girl pressed herself closer into his one armed embrace.

"No, that wouldn't do," She replied coolly then added, "But compared to what you would go down for it would be worth it I'm sure."

Her eyes glanced quickly outside the restaurant and noticed the guards were still watching though were gradually turning their attention away from the conversation at hand, now that she was being civil. Her gaze turned to Chrissy and she asked her a question with a false smile.

"So, dear Mori is taking you out on the town, is he? I do pardon ruining your dinner - that was terrible for my part. Let me make it up to you," Chanelle pulled up a chair from another table then promptly sat down with them gesturing Chrissy to retake her seat, "Sit, sit."

There was no way Chanelle was going to walk away leaving the young girl alone with the seemingly sick bastard. Respectable or no, she just couldn't stand how Jeremiah had treated her and, in a way, justified her rotten behaviour with Mori by allowing herself to think that this was a twisted form of revenge.

One way or another, I will get my due, She thought to herself.
[/BG]

[size=-1]

With a soft, yet still pronounced, sigh, Mori lifted his fork between his fingers again and delicately nibbled on a small tidbit of food on it. He couldn't see much worth in running the woman away from the table, and had long ago learned to pick his battle lest he grow burnt out and weary. He kept his eyes averted from the woman, however, feigning the impression that she didn't exist.

With slight discomfort, Chrissy followed Mister Mori's lead, her fork held neatly between her delicately arched fingers. Her creamy brown gaze was not averted from the woman, simply fixed on the form of Mori eating. The woman was making a scene, and Chrissy was slowly becoming more and more annoyed. If this woman ran Mister Mori away from her after all her hard work, Chrissy vowed that the woman would never work in this town, or any other, again.

Simmering, retaining still her poise and elegance, Chrissy sipped her wine with an almost careless attitude. Beneath the surface, however, she was considering how best to make the woman leave. It was only comforting that Mori had not simply deposited her home and sped away.
[/size]​

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

Flarecia flinched, listening to the man on the other end. All of his accusations made her want to scream in frustration. She sighed and leaned back in the chair she was sitting in, trying to get a word into the fast paced conversation,

"L-Listen..." She started, with an uneasy tone. She wasn't planning on being sympathetic, but the man was begging. Begging. Flarecia bit her lip, looking over at Iann. Her eyes filled with tears. "I...I can't help you. I don't even know what you're talking about. You're scaring me."

It was always like this with people who did evil things. When everything went wrong, their personalities backfired and drove other people to ends of pity, but Flarecia knew better. Iann's grandmother and her driver would do much worse to Iann if she gave him up now. And Iann had asked her to protect him from then. He had been purely terrified. She could forgive herself for ditching this driver's happiness, but she'd never forgive herself if she betrayed Iann now.

"I'm sorry, mister. I really can't help you. I wish I could.." Flarecia stammered into the phone, mimicing the voice of a distraught, teary female that was terrified by the phone call.

Iann deserved better. Iris and her driver did not.

[/bg]

Wilks was so angry with her refusal to help him that he growled into the phone and then threw it as hard as he could into the garden. He heard it land yards away on the rocks and pebbles. He was panting and sweating. What was he going to do now? He had no clue and no Iann. He was so screwed. Lowering his eyes and took out another smoke and had his fill before he went inside to feel the rath of Iris.

Iann slept silently as the phone call went on without him even waking up. He mumbled in his sleep but it was very soft. He turned his head and nuzzled into the pillow as a nurse walked by and smiled at Flarecia. She gave her a thumbs up and kept walking.

<fieldset>
<legend>
Location unknown</legend>

The hand finished its tour of the handbag left behind by the young girl, it had enough to go on and picked up a phone. An untraceable message from "<<number missing>>" sped through the networks finding its way to Violet's phone.

"Information:

Young girl possibly raped by Prince.

Sheryl Boyde"

what followed after that was an address and home phone number.

She had arrived home, he had made sure of that, she was of no use dead.

</fieldset>