The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the movie unpaused, Zim and Gir would be able to see the man more clearly. He was balding, and wearing a tuxedo, but there was something...unreal about him. As if he were made of plastic, or wax.

'You have been selected, Zim, for an important series of missions. In exchange for your cooperation, we will reduce your numerous life sentences. You will become a member of an elite black-ops team. The Team doesn't have a name, because it does not need one. Officially, it does not exist. You will eliminate our enemies, and protect our assets.
Your prime directives also include monitoring our previously established operatives, and if they go rogue...'
The man smiled, but it looked more like a forced grimace.
'You have our permission to terminate them. Any questions?'
@TheBlueBirch
----------------------------------
Mission End: The Cell with No Bars
As The Team recovered from their ordeal, The Heretic's followers were bringing in some black metal objects. Explosive Units. He smiled his shark-toothed smile.
Many thanks to you, my brethren. We shall destroy this temple of madness! Provide hope to those whose humanity was taken. You have...3 minutes to evacuate.'
The Heretic held the Explosives' remote in his hand, laughing his strange, hollow laugh.
Rachel struggled backwards, scrambling out of the lab, her face stricken with red tears and blood.

'C'Mon, snap Crichton out of his episode and let's go! Save the love-in 'till we're outside!'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @FireDrake150
Crichton, or Scorpius rather, happily followed Rachel, clapping her on the shoulder on the way out. "Terribly sorry about nearly killing you back there. I suppose I just had a little meltdown."

Inside Crichton screamed and yelled out curses in languages that most humans hadn't even heard of.

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
"They even knew about my experiments with the moose?!? UGH! Curse you Dib!" Zim roared as he flung the folder away before hearing his name. Turning to the face the monitor as the man upon it spoke, Zim tapped his fingers together in a rather omnious and evil manner at the last part of the explanation.

'You have our permission to terminate them. Any questions?"

"So, if I'm hearing this pre-recorded video correctly? I get to kill members of the very species that have been a burden to me since I arrived on your pathetic little planet with the intention to conquer them?! Oh no, no questions on my part. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA-*cough* *cough* I haven't had to laugh like that in a while, damn congestion. But, yes I accept these terms! Beats sitting around in that cell with GIR day in and day out.." Zim admitted before tapping his foot impatiently. "So what's next? What will my first mission be?"

"WOOOWHOO! WE'RE GONNA GO A HUNTIN FOR BIG OL VARMINTS WHO BREAK THE RULES!"

tumblr_nle02pxBia1sj1pj2o1_250.gif

GIR slowly turned towards his master, took his sweet time in unzipping and lowering the hood of his dog costume before stating rather simply:

tumblr_nle02pxBia1sj1pj2o2_250.gif

Crichton, or Scorpius rather, happily followed Rachel, clapping her on the shoulder on the way out. "Terribly sorry about nearly killing you back there. I suppose I just had a little meltdown."

Inside Crichton screamed and yelled out curses in languages that most humans hadn't even heard of.

@Mighty Roman
Rachel gave Crichton a brief look of suspicion. 'How do you deal with the voice...' she then grabbed Victor's arm, half dragging him down the stairs, out of the facility. They would be able to hear The Heretic's maniacal laugh, and from the windows, they would be able to see his followers gather around the building, chanting and looking on like voracious animals.
As The Team leapt out of the building, the an explosion sounded, and smoke poured out of the lab, followed by Fire. The 5 of them had essentially just made it. The Heretic was not so lucky. As The Fire Brigade hurried towards the lab, The Heretic's followers melted into the shadows, as if they were never there to begin with.

Rachel lifted Joshua the same way that a soldier may lift a fallen comrade. She was coughing, probably because of the smoke that was pouring around them. The Police had now arrived, and were setting up warning tape, and ushering civillians out of the area.
'We've got to get out of here, hide Joshua, or wait 'till he wakes up and keep up the pretense that Saffron and Fire are still foreign ambassadors. Hide your weapons guys-I know a small cafe we can lie low in until our pick-up arrives-'
A communicator on Rachel's left wrist beeped.'That's strange...apparently there are some new recruits that Sondreheim wants us to meet-I arranged to have him 'ported in the cafe. Hope he looks like the rest of us...

Hide your weapons ladies and gentlemen-and try to get rid of any bloodstains.'

@FireDrake150 @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hearing Zim's response, the man on the screen walked into the room. In the flesh...or whatever it was the man was made from. There was something about the way he walked-it was almost a march, unnatural in it's precision, as if he were without a human's usual leg joints.

'I'm glad you said that.'
There was something unnatural about his voice to-a strange disjoint between his words, as if he were reading from a script.
'For you now have a chance to meet your new comrades. Simply hold onto me, and we will be teleported to their present location.'
@TheBlueBurch
(NOTE: If you choose to accompany the agent, you'll be teleported to the same Cafe the rest of the players are in).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cafe De La Sun was a nice place-it was in a surprisingly quiet part of London-lodged between numerous museums and art galleries, where people didn't tend to ask questions. The street outside was dingy, and rain trickled down the windows, It was mostly empty-only 3 customers where there-and all of them were either reading or typing.

Rachel greeted and hugged the owner-he was apparently an old friend from her college days, but she didn't elaborate much more than that. They had temporarily stored Joshua in the backroom-when passersby asked what had happened, Rachel merely said that he was a friend who'd passed out after too many drinks.

She ordered them a table, and a Mocha for herself. 'So....what now? We may even have all night here. Pablo doesn't mind, particularly. If anything, I imagine that he appreciates the company. But really...what now?'

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150

Last edited by a moderator:
Rachel gave Crichton a brief look of suspicion. 'How do you deal with the voice...' she then grabbed Victor's arm, half dragging him down the stairs, out of the facility. They would be able to hear The Heretic's maniacal laugh, and from the windows, they would be able to see his followers gather around the building, chanting and looking on like voracious animals.
As The Team leapt out of the building, the an explosion sounded, and smoke poured out of the lab, followed by Fire. The 5 of them had essentially just made it. The Heretic was not so lucky. As The Fire Brigade hurried towards the lab, The Heretic's followers melted into the shadows, as if they were never there to begin with.

Rachel lifted Joshua the same way that a soldier may lift a fallen comrade. She was coughing, probably because of the smoke that was pouring around them. The Police had now arrived, and were setting up warning tape, and ushering civillians out of the area.
'We've got to get out of here, hide Joshua, or wait 'till he wakes up and keep up the pretense that Saffron and Fire are still foreign ambassadors. Hide your weapons guys-I know a small cafe we can lie low in until our pick-up arrives-'
A communicator on Rachel's left wrist beeped.'That's strange...apparently there are some new recruits that Sondreheim wants us to meet-I arranged to have him 'ported in the cafe. Hope he looks like the rest of us...

Hearing Zim's response, the man on the screen walked into the room. In the flesh...or whatever it was the man was made from. There was something about the way he walked-it was almost a march, unnatural in it's precision, as if he were without a human's usual leg joints.

There was something unnatural about his voice to-a strange disjoint between his words, as if he were reading from a script.
'For you now have a chance to meet your new comrades. Simply hold onto me, and we will be teleported to their present location.'
@TheBlueBurch
(NOTE: If you choose to accompany the agent, you'll be teleported to the same Cafe the rest of the players are in).
The Cafe De La Sun was a nice place-it was in a surprisingly quiet part of London-lodged between numerous museums and art galleries, where people didn't tend to ask questions. The street outside was dingy, and rain trickled down the windows, It was mostly empty-only 3 customers where there-and all of them were either reading or typing.

Rachel greeted and hugged the owner-he was apparently an old friend from her college days, but she didn't elaborate much more than that. They had temporarily stored Joshua in the backroom-when passersby asked what had happened, Rachel merely said that he was a friend who'd passed out after too many drinks.

She ordered them a table, and a Mocha for herself. 'So....what now? We may even have all night here. Pablo doesn't mind, particularly. If anything, I imagine that he appreciates the company. But really...what now?'

Die-Me-00.png

"Might I excuse myself for a moment, the events of the evening have left me feeling quite, overwhelmed and I would like a chance to... compose myself."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Die-Me-00.png

"Might I excuse myself for a moment, the events of the evening have left me feeling quite, overwhelmed and I would like a chance to... compose myself."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150
Rachel understood what John was saying. The last couple of hours had been very traumatic for all of them. 'Of course. Stay in sight though. Take what time you need. You want me to get you anything-food, or drinks?' She stared into her Mocha. She'd managed to get her image inducer working again, so her eyes looked 'normal', but it was still clear that she'd been crying.

@Thuro Pendragon

Rachel understood what John was saying. The last couple of hours had been very traumatic for all of them. 'Of course. Stay in sight though. Take what time you need. You want me to get you anything-food, or drinks?' She stared into her Mocha. She'd managed to get her image inducer working again, so her eyes looked 'normal', but it was still clear that she'd been crying.

@Thuro Pendragon
Harvey hesitated. He was tempted to ask for birdseed, but that would be oh so obvious. "Would you kindly please get me a bandage for my leg. The ah..." Harvey sought out a word. "...gentleman over there shot me. Also, could you order a coke and soda because I'm a..." Harvey had to choke out the next few words. "...good ol boy."

Then Harvey left for the bathroom. She had said stay in sight, but there was something he needed to do.

@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Harvey hesitated. He was tempted to ask for birdseed, but that would be oh so obvious. "Would you kindly please get me a bandage for my leg. The ah..." Harvey sought out a word. "...gentleman over there shot me. Also, could you order a coke and soda because I'm a..." Harvey had to choke out the next few words. "...good ol boy."

Then Harvey left for the bathroom. She had said stay in sight, but there was something he needed to do.

@Mighty Roman

Saffron was still worried. Something was wrong... and this man had just risked his life for them. She was confused. Maybe she loved John. She didn't know. So... she followed him. Until he went into the bathroom. Then, she just listened.

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

Saffron was still worried. Something was wrong... and this man had just risked his life for them. She was confused. Maybe she loved John. She didn't know. So... she followed him. Until he went into the bathroom. Then, she just listened.

@Thuro Pendragon
Inside the empty bathroom Harvey gripped the sides of the sink, staring into the mirror. He could see Crichton in there, and oh boy was he pissed.

"You hijack my brain, kill my wife-"

"Girlfriend." Harvey corrected, speaking out loud.

"DON'T YOU START THAT CRAP WITH ME HARV. YOU HIJACK MY BRAIN, KILL MY WIFE, THEN TAKE ME BODY. HELL. NO. THIS ENDS NOW!"

"Or what?" Harvey sneered. "You may have noticed that I am in control now. What, do you expect me to give your body out of good will?" Harvey turned to leave.

"Wormholes."

Scorpius turned his head back.

"That's right. I got your attention there, don't I homeboy?"

"I'm listening." Harvey said carefully to the mirror.

"I still got the wormhole powers, even with you in the drivers seat. One little hole and we're free willy in space."

Harvey stepped back. "You wouldn't. You'd die as well."

"Haven't you heard? I'm the 'wildcard'. Nothing wilder than killing myself in a blaze of glory."

Harvey and Crichton stared at each other for a long time, neither sure how far the other would go.

"Very well John. I shall return to my dumpster. But just know, I'll always be there, watching, waiting."

Harvey lowered his head and closed his eyes. When he raised and opened them again, they were wilder, full of passion and madness.

"HELL YEAH!" He whooped. "I'm back baby."

@BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Inside the empty bathroom Harvey gripped the sides of the sink, staring into the mirror. He could see Crichton in there, and oh boy was he pissed.

"You hijack my brain, kill my wife-"

"Girlfriend." Harvey corrected, speaking out loud.

"DON'T YOU START THAT CRAP WITH ME HARV. YOU HIJACK MY BRAIN, KILL MY WIFE, THEN TAKE ME BODY. HELL. NO. THIS ENDS NOW!"

"Or what?" Harvey sneered. "You may have noticed that I am in control now. What, do you expect me to give your body out of good will?" Harvey turned to leave.

"Wormholes."

Scorpius turned his head back.

"That's right. I got your attention there, don't I homeboy?"

"I'm listening." Harvey said carefully to the mirror.

"I still got the wormhole powers, even with you in the drivers seat. One little hole and we're free willy in space."

Harvey stepped back. "You wouldn't. You'd die as well."

"Haven't you heard? I'm the 'wildcard'. Nothing wilder than killing myself in a blaze of glory."

Harvey and Crichton stared at each other for a long time, neither sure how far the other would go.

"Very well John. I shall return to my dumpster. But just know, I'll always be there, watching, waiting."

Harvey lowered his head and closed his eyes. When he raised and opened them again, they were wilder, full of passion and madness.

"HELL YEAH!" He whooped. "I'm back baby."

@BarrenThin

"What the Hell is he doing in there?" Saffron peered in the bathroom.

@Thuro Pendragon

Crichton noticed the door open slightly. "Red. What the frell? I could have been doing anything in here- you know what? I don't care. I just got my life back."

"Crap my leg hurts."

@BarrenThin

"You were shouting. And talking. The only thing I can think of that you'd be doing that with, I'd want to be very much a part of."

"We need to get your leg looked at..."

@Thuro Pendragon

"You were shouting. And talking. The only thing I can think of that you'd be doing that with, I'd want to be very much a part of."

"We need to get your leg looked at..."

@Thuro Pendragon
"Its fine. I've been through worse." Crichton looked cool for a moment. "Okay. Its really not. Ow son of a bitch. I'm going to break Kresnik's face in next time I get a chance."

He put his arm around her (smooth move dude) to help support himself. "Sorry about putting you in danger back there. I did what I thought I had too."

"Not that it made much of a difference." Crichton said darkly.

@BarrenThin

"Its fine. I've been through worse." Crichton looked cool for a moment. "Okay. Its really not. Ow son of a bitch. I'm going to break Kresnik's face in next time I get a chance."

He put his arm around her (smooth move dude) to help support himself. "Sorry about putting you in danger back there. I did what I thought I had too."

"Not that it made much of a difference." Crichton said darkly.

@BarrenThin

She grunted under his weight. "You saved me in the end, though." Saffron looked down at the ground while helping him walk. "Why did you do that?"

@Thuro Pendragon

She grunted under his weight. "You saved me in the end, though." Saffron looked down at the ground while helping him walk. "Why did you do that?"

@Thuro Pendragon
"Because I could." He said simply. If she knew his story, she would know the full significance of his words. She had been the first one he'd been able to save.

@BarrenThin

@TheBlueBurch

Noting the man's unnusal walk-cycle, Zim didn't make a comment on it. How humans walked wasn't of any interest to him. Though he guessed that if he had to guess, this human was artificially enhanced in some way that Zim couldn't tell from just the naked eye. He'd have to do research to learn more and he had a feeling this human wouldn't be up to being operated on to see how he ticked. It was a real shame. But there would be others who wouldn't be able to put up as much resistance and that perfectly suited Zim's needs!

"Your manner of speech is quite peculiar, human. But it matters not. You should feel honored to have a proud Irken Invader such as myself dirtying my hands by holding onto a human of all creatures. Detestable." Zim spat before getting a firm grasp onto the hand while GIR did the same, having zipped up the hood of his dog costume.

"WE'RE GONNA MAKE SOOOOO MANY NEW FRIENDS!:D"

"They're not friends, GIR! They're accomplices!"

"PRETTY SURE JUST THE FANCY WAY TO SAY FRIENDS!"

'UGH!"

@Mighty Roman

The Agent smiled that bizarre smile again.
'Then we will soon depart. But first, I must get in contact with my...other half....'

Another one of the inhuman Agents-strange, unreal, 'people', with their robotic march, and their unnatural smiles, marched towards Jinx's cell. The Door clicked open, as he relayed the message that Sondreheim had given to Zim and Gir:
'You have been selected for an important series of missions. In exchange for your cooperation, we will reduce your numerous life sentences. You will become a member of an elite black-ops team. The Team doesn't have a name, because it does not need one. Officially, it does not exist. You will eliminate our enemies, and protect our assets.
Your prime directives also include monitoring our previously established operatives, and if they go rogue...'
The man smiled, but it looked more like a forced grimace.
'You have our permission to terminate them. Your presence haas been requested at The Team's present location. You will be teleported there immediately.'

Both of the agents reached out towards Zim, Gir and Jinx, and in a flash of blue light, they were in the Cafe De La Sun, London. They were sitting opposite a beautiful young woman, however, it was clear that she had been crying. As soon as they arrived, she leapt out of her seat, and pointed her laser gun at them.
'Did Sondreheim send you genefreaks?!' it was clear that she was pretty shaken up by their arrival.
Kresnik! We're going to need some more of that Tea-I've mucked up big time.'She still had her gun trained on them, regardless. 'Meet the new recruits, by the look of it.' She looked at Crichton. Mr Kresnik, meet Jinx, Zim and Gir. Apparently that last one isn't a typo-The new members of The Team according to Sondreheim's last broadcast.

@TheBlueBurch @FireDrake150 @Ananfal

Meanwhile, outside, Crichton and Saffron would hear a nearby Florist call out:
'How about some Flowers for the pretty lady?'
His voice sounded very familiar. He was holding out a bouquet of White Roses, with some violets mixed in. He was wearing a green apron...and gauntlets. He was...Old Crichton.
'Ah...the first blossomings of young Love.' he said, almost mockingly, clasping his hands together. 'This takes me back, or maybe forwards? Anyhow, this was a memorable night, and you-' He pointed at Saffron. 'Barely change a bit. Worked out all of the clues yet have we? Or are you lacking a little something.' he tapped the side of his head. 'Harvey, Harvey, Harvey...there isn't another like him. Managed to piece together the clues? Or have I skipped too far ahead? Time Travel is less accurate than Scene Selection, believe it or not.'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin

• Love
"Hmph!" Jinx turned her nose up at the strange woman she found herself in front of after the flash of bright blue light. As if that laser gun would actually do anything to her... or her little companions. She turned her eyes onto the two beings that had been teleported along with her and sniffed slightly. They were... lacking. And to think, Sondreheim forced her to go on this mission without even waiting for her assent, then gave her such crappy teammates? She was going to have to do all the work herself. As usual. "First of all, watch your mouth when you're referring to me, little girl. Second of all, I am not a recruit." Her voice was cold as she calmly rose to her feet, leaning over the table towards the other woman. "Third of all..." Her mouth curled into an unpleasant smirk as her eyes glowed purple-pink and the same color sparks suddenly fizzed around the gun. "Don't ever point a gun at me again, or you'll find that next time, it won't be the gun that runs into some bad luck."

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.