The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Crichton looked down, a solemn look in his eyes. 'For a while. But all hell breaks loose. And you know...what happens next. The time we shared with her were the best we'd had in a long time, yet-things changed. When the nightmare begins, and the wheels which turn you into me begin turning, there's no going back, and I'm not telling you this as a Future you, nor as a warning or a threat, but...savour what time you do have.'
@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin

tumblr_lp9n97Y2VK1qcnzsno1_r1_500.gif

"You already know that, don't you. If we're really the same." Crichton shifted, and stuck out his hand from where it was wrapped around Saffron. "Thanks man. I'll make the most of it."

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin

tumblr_lp9n97Y2VK1qcnzsno1_r1_500.gif

"You already know that, don't you. If we're really the same." Crichton shifted, and stuck out his hand from where it was wrapped around Saffron. "Thanks man. I'll make the most of it."

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin
Old Crichton shook his younger self's hand. 'Heh, look at that, the universe didn't explode on contact. Make the most of the time you have, save the world, and most importantly, live. Live life to the full. And survive.' He leaned towards his younger self, almost whispering. 'After all, it's what John Crichton would do.'

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Rachel reluctantly put her gun down. She clutched her head for a moment. 'I'm Rachel...Alison. Rachel Alison. I know that the big guy sent you, so identify yourselves.' Answering Robin's question, she said: 'Good question...we're the bad guys who hunt the worse guys. And believe it or not, we're supposed to be on the same side.' She smiled at Jinx. She tapped her bracelet, the image inducer faded, and her strange, red eyes were revealed. She looked up and down at Jinx, trying to analyse her. 'Join the club. We're all...different here, for our own reasons.' Looking at Zim and his companion, she sighed. You're the galaxies' finest aren't you. Another averted invasion I assume?'

She tapped Victor on the shoulder. 'I don't think that he's sent them because we're not good enough. He's sent them because we're too good at what we do. And he's absolutely terrified of us....'

@TheBlueBirch @CookieMonster @Ananfal @FireDrake150
Zim was appreeeciii-apprecitiiiiv-Nope. He couldn't even be nice in his thoughts. But at the mention of invasion, Zim grinned, showing off his fanged teeth. "Of course! I'm a proud member of the Irken Empire, sent here to conquer your 'Earth' and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Earth people!" Zim shook a tiny fist in the air, aimed at just about every earthling that had ever made contact with him.
Victor Smirks a bit. "I see. Too Good I can live with. he had better be scared, unleashing a team of criminals on the world." He looks at Zim and Gir. "So, now we have alien Mucus, and Alien-mucus-bot, as well as this Robin? Whats next? a Man wearing a suit and cape that throws Cards at us?!?!?!" Victor hadn't actually met Ace yet, or even known of him, so by the time that Ace got there it would indeed be a surprise for Victor Kresnik. "What next, Madam Redchell?" He chuckles. "Red-Chell? See what I did there? Nevermind, here's your tea." He brings the fresh tea out for anyone that wants some.

@TheBlueBurch @CookieMonster @Ananfal @Mighty Roman
That comment however burst Zim's bubble and got him in quite the pissy mood.

"Miserable wretch! Insignificant speck of feculent scum! How dare you!! I'm not Mucus and my name is not Mucus! It's Zim! ZIM!" He roared before walking up and taking some tea. "Thaaa-Thannnnn you." He growled before going to plop down in a seat to sip down some tea.

tumblr_n5lqdkt9pW1tujz4ro1_500.gif

@FireDrake150 @Ananfall @Cookie Monster @Mighty Roman.

GIR in the middle of Zim's rant had walked over to Jinx and giggled as he looked her over before seeking to hold his arms out to the side.

"You're pretty! Can I have a hug?"

If Jinx said no, then GIR would pull out all the stops to try and impress her.

invader_zim2.gif

Old Crichton shook his younger self's hand. 'Heh, look at that, the universe didn't explode on contact. Make the most of the time you have, save the world, and most importantly, live. Live life to the full. And survive.' He leaned towards his younger self, almost whispering. 'After all, it's what John Crichton would do.'

"I'm not going to give up man. We have Wynona, we have Saffron, we can make it."

tumblr_lq97teByF11qiq19fo5_250.gif

"Or we don't and we die horribly."

He lowered his voice even further than the other man's so Saffron couldn't hear. "Hey uh, how does she look when she gets older?"

@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Rachel took the envelope from Victor. She tore it open. It contained a DVD, and some photograph. The first photograph had 4 people standing in it. Jayna Naismith, a man who looked like Charles Indigo, but had long hair, and some stubble, another man in a white suit with swept back blonde hair, a young female Doctor with glasses, and a young man in a hoodie, who looked extremely out of place in comparison to the rich and classy group he was standing with.

A second had a picture of the man in the hoodie, except he looked older, and was wearing a leather jacket:
full
A note written on the back, in red ink said 'Subject 611B'.

The third picture had a picture of the man who looked like Indigo. It was a cutout from a magazine cover. It had been cut out very shoddily-it still had a bit of the headline on it. The Headline said 'Heading for Tomorrow. The Memoirs of-' The rest of the sentence had been cut off. On the back, there was another red ink message. It said 'I know what she did. And I know who was next. Blood for blood.'
full

Rachel spread the photos out across the table. She called to all of The Team members. 'Recognise any of these people?'
As Jinx narrowed her eyes, Rachel smiled. Maybe she was jealous of the only benefit of those months of torture.
'What makes you special? Both of you I mean. I can tell you're 'gifted', as the late Calvin Zabo would have called it.'
she nodded at both Robin and Jinx.
She frowned at Robin for a moment. 'What are you? You have something about you...something...dangerous.
Different. I've met otherworlders before, but you're no genefreak. You're human plus something....'

@TheBlueBurch @FireDrake150 @Ananfal @CookieMonster
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, outside, Old Crichton still gripped the shoulders of his younger self. He glanced at Saffron. 'It only gets worse from here. For both of you. It's-a-coming. Not just Harvey. But a conflict. Both on the inside and the outside. But now you know her secret...what will you do now?'

Zim was appreeeciii-apprecitiiiiv-Nope. He couldn't even be nice in his thoughts. But at the mention of invasion, Zim grinned, showing off his fanged teeth. "Of course! I'm a proud member of the Irken Empire, sent here to conquer your 'Earth' and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Earth people!" Zim shook a tiny fist in the air, aimed at just about every earthling that had ever made contact with him.

That comment however burst Zim's bubble and got him in quite the pissy mood.

"Miserable wretch! Insignificant speck of feculent scum! How dare you!! I'm not Mucus and my name is not Mucus! It's Zim! ZIM!" He roared before walking up and taking some tea. "Thaaa-Thannnnn you." He growled before going to plop down in a seat to sip down some tea.

tumblr_n5lqdkt9pW1tujz4ro1_500.gif

@FireDrake150 @Ananfall @Cookie Monster @Mighty Roman.

GIR in the middle of Zim's rant had walked over to Jinx and giggled as he looked her over before seeking to hold his arms out to the side.

"You're pretty! Can I have a hug?"

If Jinx said no, then GIR would pull out all the stops to try and impress her.

invader_zim2.gif

Jinx shook her head as Rachel asked her what made her special. For once in a very long time, she was confused. "I... Don't understand what you mean. I was born with my powers, if that's what you're wondering. However, I was training ever since I was a little girl, and my skills have only been honed since the day I defeated my old masters. I did end up in the Box, so if that doesn't give you an indication of my skills, I don't know what will."

She sighed softly, thoughts of her odl life revolving in her head. No, she couldn't think about it. If she got too emotional, her powers went out of control and she didn't dare show weakness in front of these people. She didn't dare... Jinx blinked at GIR, confused again, the second time in as many minutes. Hesitantly she reached down and picked up the strange creature, setting it in her lap and giving it the hug it had requested.

"Uh... Sure."

Reactions: CookieMonster
Obviously very pleased with the fact that his request for a hug was answered, he cuddled against Jinx as she picked him up and hugged him. While GIR did have the means of deadly force within him, the Almighty Tallest did not exactly make him the smartest robot. This probably had something to do with the fact that nuts and bolts were just randomly poured into GIR's head than any specific super-technology stuff.

"You're so nice! :3"

sw3ODYJ.gif

@Ananfall.

Robin watched the group as they talked with one another, and her head snapped up to the woman named Rachel. "Me? I'm.. I'm.." She said, looking down as if trying to remember something long forgotten. "I-I don't know." She said, and shook her head.

"I'm something. Someone." She said, and looked back up at Rachel. "I'm not dangerous. I'm good, as far as I can remember. I think." She says, and slumps into one of the chairs. She puts the scissors on the table, obviously not needing them anymore.
"I can't remember." She whispers, trying to go into the depths of her mind. She couldn't even remember where she came from.
There was only one thing she could remember, and one thing only.
"Do you have.." She trailed off, preparing for the weird looks and raised eyebrows. "My screwdriver?" She didn't even know what this meant, but it must have been of great importance for it to be her only memory of her life, her world.

Robin watched the group as they talked with one another, and her head snapped up to the woman named Rachel. "Me? I'm.. I'm.." She said, looking down as if trying to remember something long forgotten. "I-I don't know." She said, and shook her head.

"I'm something. Someone." She said, and looked back up at Rachel. "I'm not dangerous. I'm good, as far as I can remember. I think." She says, and slumps into one of the chairs. She puts the scissors on the table, obviously not needing them anymore.
"I can't remember." She whispers, trying to go into the depths of her mind. She couldn't even remember where she came from.
There was only one thing she could remember, and one thing only.
"Do you have.." She trailed off, preparing for the weird looks and raised eyebrows. "My screwdriver?" She didn't even know what this meant, but it must have been of great importance for it to be her only memory of her life, her world.
'Maybe some Memory Loss Transfer came from the Agent's Teleportation...But I can't be sure. Human plus.'
Rachel smiled at Jinx. 'A woman of many talents it seems. And it looks like you've got yourself an admirer.'

CHAPTER UPDATE: LOCKDOWN PART 1: Day of The Spider

As she said that, she screamed in pain, and fell to the ground. 'There's our pick-up. But there's a breakout. Every single cell. Open. There's something stalking in the night. Traitors? Monsters. Tearing out their throats in Block 6B. Stalking the prey. Can we all be...trusted? We're needed back there.
'Where is John Crichton?'
And with that, she stood up again. She coughed. 'A telepathic transfer from the base. A breakout. Security breach and lockdown. We need to get back. Teleport will be active in a matter of minutes. Brace yourself everyone.'

@FireDrake150 @TheBlueBurch @Ananfal @CookieMonster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asking how Saffron looked in the future. Old Crichton frowned....Before breaking into a wide smile, he gave Crichton a 'thumbs-up'. 'Perhaps the best is yet to come, old friend?'He checked his watch. It was Terran, and damaged-the face was shattered, and it was barely working. 'It's begun-you don't have much time...'

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--A Couple of Hours Ago--
Richard B Riddick's door clicked open. He could hear a transmission echoing from a screen. Two suited 'Agents'-both of whom looked...inhuman, almost plastic-like in their forced grins, and strange walk, guided him towards a room. The Transmission said:

'You have been selected, Riddick, for an important series of missions. In exchange for your cooperation, we will reduce your numerous life sentences. You will become a member of an elite black-ops team. The Team doesn't have a name, because it does not need one. Officially, it does not exist. You will eliminate our enemies, and protect our assets.
Your prime directives also include monitoring our previously established operatives, and if they go rogue...'
The man smiled, but it looked more like a forced grimace.
'You have our permission to terminate them. Any questions?'
@Victor Markov

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor Draws his blades, making sure he has his Pocketwatch at easy reach, ready for combat, and with a FULL Chromatis saved up. "I'm ready. I don't know about all of the rest of these guys."

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
'Maybe some Memory Loss Transfer came from the Agent's Teleportation...But I can't be sure. Human plus.'
Rachel smiled at Jinx. 'A woman of many talents it seems. And it looks like you've got yourself an admirer.'

CHAPTER UPDATE: LOCKDOWN PART 1: Day of The Spider

As she said that, she screamed in pain, and fell to the ground. 'There's our pick-up. But there's a breakout. Every single cell. Open. There's something stalking in the night. Traitors? Monsters. Tearing out their throats in Block 6B. Stalking the prey. Can we all be...trusted? We're needed back there.
'Where is John Crichton?'
And with that, she stood up again. She coughed. 'A telepathic transfer from the base. A breakout. Security breach and lockdown. We need to get back. Teleport will be active in a matter of minutes. Brace yourself everyone.'

@FireDrake150 @TheBlueBurch @Ananfal @CookieMonster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asking how Saffron looked in the future. Old Crichton frowned....Before breaking into a wide smile, he gave Crichton a 'thumbs-up'. 'Perhaps the best is yet to come, old friend?'He checked his watch. It was Terran, and damaged-the face was shattered, and it was barely working. 'It's begun-you don't have much time...'

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--A Couple of Hours Ago--
Richard B Riddick's door clicked open. He could hear a transmission echoing from a screen. Two suited 'Agents'-both of whom looked...inhuman, almost plastic-like in their forced grins, and strange walk, guided him towards a room. The Transmission said:

'You have been selected, Riddick, for an important series of missions. In exchange for your cooperation, we will reduce your numerous life sentences. You will become a member of an elite black-ops team. The Team doesn't have a name, because it does not need one. Officially, it does not exist. You will eliminate our enemies, and protect our assets.
Your prime directives also include monitoring our previously established operatives, and if they go rogue...'
The man smiled, but it looked more like a forced grimace.
'You have our permission to terminate them. Any questions?'
@Victor Markov

tumblr_lrosl2qO6R1qh97gco1_500.gif

In John's mind Harvey silently played the drums in celebration of the fact that Saffron was only going to get hotter.

John was more than a little happy as well.

tumblr_lq3i0zFCV31qkmnlho6_250.gif

"One more question man. The knot. You know the one I'm talking about. Can it be unraveled?"

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Saffron scowled between the two while they talked about 'how she would look b in the future. She huffed, as if to say, "I'm standing right here." The woman stood silently for a few seconds. "I never doubted I would."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: 2 people

tumblr_lrosl2qO6R1qh97gco1_500.gif

In John's mind Harvey silently played the drums in celebration of the fact that Saffron was only going to get hotter.

John was more than a little happy as well.

tumblr_lq3i0zFCV31qkmnlho6_250.gif

"One more question man. The knot. You know the one I'm talking about. Can it be unraveled?"

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin
There was a look in Old Crichton's eyes. Not one of joy, nor one of sadness. It was one of....strength.
'I'm afraid that I can't tell you that. Whatever I say will change who you are, and what you do, which destroys the future. Whatever I say would be a possibility from what could become a divergent timeline. And you'd risk bringing my outcome closer, or pushing it further away. Regardless of me, your progress affects the future.'

He looked at Saffron. 'As you can more than vouch for it seems. I would tell you to keep me out of trouble, but considering that would never happen, try keeping both of you alive. What you do today, every decision you make, affects what happens next. Especially the people in this group.'Old Crichton bought up a battered suitcase onto the table. He then put a wide-brimmed hat onto his head. 'Remember boys and girls,' he pulled a shutter and some blankets over his shop. 'No Fate but What We Make. Oh, and keep the flowers, you technically own the store.' And with that, he walked off into the night.

• Love
There was a look in Old Crichton's eyes. Not one of joy, nor one of sadness. It was one of....strength.
'I'm afraid that I can't tell you that. Whatever I say will change who you are, and what you do, which destroys the future. Whatever I say would be a possibility from what could become a divergent timeline. And you'd risk bringing my outcome closer, or pushing it further away. Regardless of me, your progress affects the future.'

He looked at Saffron. 'As you can more than vouch for it seems. I would tell you to keep me out of trouble, but considering that would never happen, try keeping both of you alive. What you do today, every decision you make, affects what happens next. Especially the people in this group.'Old Crichton bought up a battered suitcase onto the table. He then put a wide-brimmed hat onto his head. 'Remember boys and girls,' he pulled a shutter and some blankets over his shop. 'No Fate but What We Make. Oh, and keep the flowers, you technically own the store.' And with that, he walked off into the night.

"What the frell? How did he know abou-...? Of course. Me." The older Crichton had just given a massive hint about one of Tri-Hex's greatest secrets. Secrets that even Crichton wasn't supposed to know about, but hey, no one pays attention to the crazy guy.
He looked Saffron, still safely between his arms.

tumblr_lq3w1vajxD1qkmnlho5_250.gif

"Whatever comes at us. Whatever tomorrow brings. We've got right now. This moment, and I dare anyone that tries to take it away from us." Crichton could hear Rachel from inside the shop. One minute until jump. "We're gonna make it through this Red. We're not gonna let them split us up."

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin

"What the frell? How did he know abou-...? Of course. Me." The older Crichton had just given a massive hint about one of Tri-Hex's greatest secrets. Secrets that even Crichton wasn't supposed to know about, but hey, no one pays attention to the crazy guy.
He looked Saffron, still safely between his arms.

tumblr_lq3w1vajxD1qkmnlho5_250.gif

"Whatever comes at us. Whatever tomorrow brings. We've got right now. This moment, and I dare anyone that tries to take it away from us." Crichton could hear Rachel from inside the shop. One minute until jump. "We're gonna make it through this Red. We're not gonna let them split us up."

@Mighty Roman
@BarrenThin

Saffron looked him in the eye, but didn't say anything right them. She just rested a head on his shoulder. Very quietly, she spoke, "Thank you, John."

@Thuro Pendragon

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Robin looked frightened, but composed herself. Somewhere, she had a feeling. Somewhere deep within her buried emotions, she had a reaction that made her grin. An adrenaline boost rushed through her veins, and she closed her eyes as her heartbeat sped up. She opened her eyes, and her look was determined, unpredictable. "Let's do this." She said, smiling. She couldn't remember what caused this feeling, but she ached for the danger that was bound to lie ahead.

A man sat in a darkened corner of the cafe. A set of extremely thick goggles resting on the table next to his boots. He was drinking a cup of coffee, the first one he had in a long time. The coffee served in butcher bay was too weak to even pass as coffee. He simply watching, waiting, and listening to everything that was going on around him. The only thing unusual about him was his eyes. Eyes that reflected the light when hit just right. It was clear he wasn't from around there, but then again who was? Some bounty hunter had picked him up, put him in cryo and dropped him off at the prison. Now he was out and taking in the sights.

Last edited:
  • Love
A man sat in a darkened corner of the cafe. A set of extremely thick goggles resting on the table next to his boots. He was drinking a cup of coffee, the first one he had in a long time. The coffee served in butcher bay was too weak to even pass as coffee. He simply watching, waiting, and listening to everything that was going on around him. The only thing unusual about him was his eyes. Eyes that reflected the light when hit just right. It was clear he wasn't from around there, but then again who was? Some bounty hunter had picked him up, put him in cryo and dropped him off at the prison. Now he was out and taking in the sights.
Rachel approached the stranger. Her image Inducer was still offline, revealing her own strange, red eyes. 'I assume that you're the fourth member of the new recruits. What's your name, soldier?'
She looked back at the others.
'T-Minus 5 everyone. Pick-up's nearly here.'

@Victor Markov

Rachel approached the stranger. Her image Inducer was still offline, revealing her own strange, red eyes. 'I assume that you're the fourth member of the new recruits. What's your name, soldier?'
She looked back at the others.
'T-Minus 5 everyone. Pick-up's nearly here.'

@Victor Markov
Riddick looked at the woman for a moment before he said "maybe I am. And before I offer up my name, why don't you tell me yours." in a deep, gravelly tone. He wasn't being aggressive, it was just how he talked naturally. Kept people listening. As he looked her in the eyes, his own reflective ocular orbs caught the light at the right angle to appear to be made of liquid silver.

• Love
Riddick looked at the woman for a moment before he said "maybe I am. And before I offer up my name, why don't you tell me yours." in a deep, gravelly tone. He wasn't being aggressive, it was just how he talked naturally. Kept people listening. As he looked her in the eyes, his own reflective ocular orbs caught the light at the right angle to appear to be made of liquid silver.
'Rachel Alison...mostly. What makes you special? Any particular powers?' Rachel looked up and down at Riddick, analysing every inch of him, trying to uncover his true nature. His mind. His secrets.

@Victor Markov

'Rachel Alison...mostly. What makes you special? Any particular powers?' Rachel looked up and down at Riddick, analysing every inch of him, trying to uncover his true nature. His mind. His secrets.

@Victor Markov
"Richard B. Riddick. As for what makes me special, my eyes for one among other things. Tell me, have you kill anyone with a paperclip before?" the Furyian replied with a slight smile as he grabbed his goggles and put them on "the light hurts my eyes."

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.