The Sword of Weathers. (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. My mistake on the belated reply. For some reason it stopped sending me alerts about the IC thread, so I'll just have to check it manually if toggling and untoggling watch didn't fix it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Also this ooc keeps getting posts and I'm never aware it's being posted in.

My bad. Will read anything I missed.

Edit: want to apologize now for what looks like a lack of effort. Looking back at things, it almost seems that I've had no participation or care for things the lore and world which is not true... I just missed everything that was posted.

I will add my own content of what I imagined eastern people. I think most of you got the point that their culture and people is pretty much a copy of what we think of with the middle east, but I want to post a more detailed lore when I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just joking around lol. I have no issues with it. Messing about is all

Alright wrote this all down at school and finally got a moment to type it up...

Desert Nomads of The East
Basic Ideas:

The people of the far eastern deserts are a mysterious and secretive lot. They seldom share information and open their walls to strangers and much prefer to communicate among themselves. They are a heavily religious people who follow strict codes and laws that are shared among traveling tribes. Despite the constant separation of few cities and towns, and many tribes, the nomads can meet a powerful force when together to protect their land and customs. The desert nomads are a tough and hardy people and their warriors are well versed in combat. Tribes constantly fight among each other in skirmishes, making the lands hostile. Despite this, they can all come in unity for celebration, religion, and peace when warranted. Men who fought one day may be sharing a drink and smoking hookah together the next.

Robes and their significance:

FolkTaleConceptArtDesert1.jpg

http://www.gamesfoundry.com/images/blog/dev-blog-14/FolkTaleConceptArtDesert1.jpg

To an uneducated outsider, the robes of these people may appear to be a random assortment of towels and cloth. This is not true however, as each of the robes and the way they are worn carry significance to these people. The robes carry religious meaning. The men and women of the desert think it best to avoid showing skin and expression of the face for many reasons. For young women, it is to hide their beauty from sinning gazes of men. For warriors, it is to hide emotion from their opponents so that they may never be truly afraid.

Brown Robes:

722656-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/722656-bigthumbnail.jpg

The most basic of the robes and the most commonly found from the nomadic people. The brown and tan robes are meant for peaceful travel and casual use. Maybe slight splashes of color could be added to signify what tribe the nomad is from, but primarily the robes are an easy tanned color. Any who make walks of great distance (Allana Flavel) wear these robes as means that they are no harm to other tribes and simply wish to continue on their path. It is expected of religious upkeep for others to not attack those wearing these robes unless provoked.

Black Robes:

3934381-desert+warriors.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111147344/3934381-desert+warriors.jpg

Black robes are the wear of war. War is never permanent in the desert nomad culture, and usually lasts as skirmishes. The black robes are meant to be a put sign of attack and nothing else and it is advised to avoid those wearing black robes. These are also the only robes wear it is acceptable to spill blood under any circumstance. On all the other robes, this is heavily advised against for religious reasons. It is thought impure if blood from enemies were to show on your clothes, and black is the only color wear stains do not show.

White Robes:

desert_warrior.jpg

http://stuff.santharia.com/faugar/desert_warrior.jpg

White robes are only worn by the tribe leaders. These robes are never to have blood spilled on them under any circumstances. Important figure heads and wise men of tribes wear these colors and often are spiritual and navigational leaders for the rest of the tribe. The tribes elder, and his 12 council men/women, along with an additional women know as the Star Gazer, all wear these robes. It is custom to always respect those who bore the burden of the desert long enough to wear these.

Colored Robes:

64d3abde0b43850fa25ede901565f3df.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/64/d3/ab/64d3abde0b43850fa25ede901565f3df.jpg

These robes, similar to white, are never to have any sort of conflict occur when they are worn. They are ceremonial robes and often come in many varieties. They are meant for weddings and tribe get together. Peaceful and happy occasions wear men of tribes share drinks and smoke together regardless of past conflicts. Whatever the cause may be, when a bashful rainbow of color meets from these people, celebration is to be had.

Life Style and Culture:

The people are nomads first and foremost. They are always traveling and always on the move.

There are some cities and towns, but those are few in far between as stable places to live are seldom found.

Any violent acts at an oasis are forbidden.

There are many leaders to a tribe. The Elder, his 12 council members, and a woman known as the Star Gazer.

The Star Gazer teaches magic to many students along with mapping stars and the land. She often has help from many students who travel across the world.

War and combat is often fought but not for extended periods of time.

Common in battle are horses due to their mobility in the dunes. Curved swords and small round shields or bucklers are thus preferred to best suit horse combat.

Hunting rifles and small, concealable side arms are present for guns.

Chain armor is often worn under robes but most of the time they are enchanted for protection..

There is a vast number of celebrations that they have for holidays.

Despite constant struggles, the people get by and are therefore rather tough minded and willed.

Magic is very important to these people and the study of it is often encouraged.

It is are to see tribes without proficient magic users.

Towns and cities are often trade hubs for travelers.

Commonly traded goods are: tea, crystals, glass, trinkets, gold, artifacts and tobacco.

Will add more if I think of more. This is all for now.

@Cody

At first I was confused because Leo did bring a wrench with him, but I assume you meant tavern wench.
And your post length's just fine.

Reactions: Shade_XY
@Majem

Did I type wrench by accident? Lol my bad. Phone wanted to say that instead of wench.

And good to know haha.

Your post is good, Cody. It give people a chance to act accordingly.

Well, I guess I have nothing to do now. I'll just be here, waiting. Might write lores for the beast folk later.

THE BEAST FOLKS.

Giraffe_Mage_by_drachenmagier.jpg

image by http://drachenmagier.deviantart.com/

Unproved Lore:
Centuries ago, three arcane portals opened on the corners of the world. These portals were gateway to the three moons in the heavens. From these portals came few sentient beasts of all kinds and all sizes. The sapient of the world react to them differently. Some paid them no attention, some attempted to force the beast folks to retreat back into their portals. The beast folks then scattered. Some dove into the seas, some climbed the mountains, some ran to the jungle, and some flew to the skies. Alas, the humans failed. The beast folks settled and became one of the sapient of the world.

There are myriad kinds of sentient half beasts all over the planet. All of them have features of animals, furry and feathery, sharp teeth and claws, but they are indeed humanoids. Most of them walk on two legs. Some walk on all four. Some have more than four legs. Sapient such as the mermaids, lamias, and nagas, have no legs. They all vary in sizes. Some appear to be the same size of their animal counterpart, while others are massive giants. Unlike wild animals, beast folks wear cloths to conceal their naked body as well as for protection.

There are varieties of sapient in the world. All have their own language. Beast folks have difficulties in speaking the language of the humans as their lips and tongues aren't built the same way. It is difficult for beast folks to cast spells with their lips and tongues as well because of the animal criteria of their mouths. Unlike other sapient, beast folks usually cast spells and enchantments by writing runes and sigils on solid matter.

Although not as secluded as the mysterious elves, most beast folks prefer to live far from human settlements. Beast folks have always been discriminated for their appearance and their cultures for as long as they have existed in the world. It wasn't until decades ago that most of the races of the world attempted to eliminate racism and gave entrance for beast folks to enter the cities. Although beast folks were accepted and the rates of discrimination towards other races are not as high as it had been before, out of natural instinct, some humans still hated beast folks, and some beast folks still hated humans. Until today, settlements consisting only of beast folks still exist.

Scientific fact:
Two different kinds of beast folks cannot produce babies as their DNA will not mix. A bear kin and a fish kin will not have children together. A human cannot produce babies with any beast folk as well.

ferrous_ferret_by_alradeck-d6bq8sp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for the inactivity.

I'm in the school play and this is the last week for final rehearsals and show. So I've had no time.
They still do those? I didn't know those were still around. Even when I was in high school, they did one play and then never tried it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.