The Sword of Weathers. (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask, who here isn't too hindered by work and studies? I would like to make a short roleplay for us in the same world with the same rules, but slightly different plot, different region, and different characters. Up until now, I haven't been able to test my outcome determining abilities yet. I would like to do so in the said short roleplay, and I would like for the people here in this OOC to participate. The roleplay will be set on a mountain side named Galbourne Ridge.

galbourne_ridge_concept_by_tyleredlinart-d6vu2gq.jpg

image by http://tyleredlinart.deviantart.com/

This settlement on top of a mountain is powered by heat produced from burning coals and electricity which is brought on by dynamos charged by windmills. Snow filled the mountain as snowstorms are normal occurrences, causing few airships to make it into Galbourne Ridge. There are two other ways to reach Galbourne Ridge. One way is by three trips of the three levels of gondolas stops. Another is by journeying up the steep, freezing, and snowy mountain. The settlers of Galbourne Ridge are strong men and women, resistant to frigid weathers. The original citizens of Galbourne Ridge are dwarves; miners and developers of machines and weapons. Presently, the general inhabitants of Galbourne Ridge are humans. Few original dwarven families of Galbourne Ridge still lives in the small mountain city. Underneath the city is a massive cave; an old mine where the dwarves used to mine gold, gems, metals, and all sorts of materials. Now, the mines are filled with homes and businesses, untouched by the wild snowstorms. The current mines are located deeper into the mountains.

Nowadays, attacks of winged reptiles are have increased. Destruction reigns in the city. Assets have been lost. Lives of livestocks as well as lives of the sentient creatures have been taken. These are the reason that you; a group of hunters were summoned.

The roleplay starts in Galbourne Ridge. The plan is for you to wait in the city for a dragon to come. You will then force the reptile or reptiles to retreat and later follows it back to its lair. There, you will destroy the dragons' home... or not. It is up to you.

There won't be story of an airships ride or gondolas ride here. The roleplay will immediately start in the city with you seeing the dragon coming, may it be dawn, morning, noon, evening, dusk, or night.

Anyone interested?

Not too hindered by studies, but by my own creativity. Been taking quite a lot of RPs up on my plate and I don't know if I can deal with all of them. However, I might join this substory. I'd use the gnome I put up a CS for earlier.

Reactions: Shade_XY
Not too hindered by studies, but by my own creativity. Been taking quite a lot of RPs up on my plate and I don't know if I can deal with all of them. However, I might join this substory. I'd use the gnome I put up a CS for earlier.

I love that gnome. Really want to see him come to life.

Actually, since we're on the topic of hindering, I have a very unfortunate announcement to make. In between full time studying now that it's finals time and a late night job (a dude's gotta eat), I'm probably gonna be dropping this roleplay.

Please, abstain from cheering until after the presentation, you might hurt the speaker's self-esteem.

But yeah, I've been dropping other RP's too, in order to make time since spending a couple of hours answering posts here and there is better spent getting work done. You probably noticed I was very vocal and present in the beginning and then dropped into the background; well that's cause I've barely been home recently. Like I said, a dude's gotta eat. To be honest, one of the deciding factors in dropping was the feeling that I was slowing down the RP since I'd post about once a week or less. And in the time to come I'd be pretty much unavailable for at least a week or two. At the very least I can say I helped get it off the ground and into the air (no pun intended) so that's good (although you gotta admit that was a really good pun). Shade should be more than enough to keep it all going. I was only here to help Shade set things up after all. Shade can NPC my characters or wipe them from the face of reality, so I leave them in your control. Aside from that, I hope you guys enjoy the roleplay.

Also, I hereby promote Cody as Assistant Regional Manager. The position comes with no benefits, zero control over anything, and is pretty much a meaningless title, but it sounds nice and I never got to exercise my ability to promote people to things so I'm doing it now. Majem is also promoted to Assistant to the Assistant Regional Manager which also has no benefits.
Don't let it go to your heads.
Oh and Lucius is now deputized. This too comes with no benefits or entitlements.

Good luck, guys!

... Awesome sauce. Well than, I guess I ought to start figuring out what to do than.

Well, I don't know. I just don't know. We didn't even make it to the landing zone. I don't feel like writing Pinkleton's character to suddenly drop dead. That would be strange and I do not like it. I don't feel like roleplaying as them and walk them to the unknown or to their deaths. I feel like we should just restart this roleplay and start the scene at the landing zone instead of them boarding the blimp. Anyone still here and has the spirit to do a restart with the same characters? Only Majem has responded to my offer to start another short roleplay. I take it that no one else is interested.

@Einws , @Lucius Cypher, @Cody, @Majem ,

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we could just land and pretend neither of Pinkleton's characters ever were on the blimp.

Yeah, right now it's only my character who interacted with him. We could just set them aside until later. As for your new RP, I might be interested. I've had a mind to run a sort of Human Farmer-turned-berserker who uses his farming tools as weapons (Woodcutting axe, work knife, harvest scythe, shovels, etc), maybe a bow or crossbow depending on what he knows.

We do need an assaulter.

And Yeah, instead of retconning RP we can retcon the character stuff. I have an idea for a character. Show is this week so give me some time to work that out and I can set up another character.

I'm open to pretty much anything. Finals week is approaching for me as well, but fortunately my study time isn't too restrictive on my roleplaying time.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
We do need an assaulter.

And Yeah, instead of retconning RP we can retcon the character stuff. I have an idea for a character. Show is this week so give me some time to work that out and I can set up another character.

looking forward in seeing the character.

If anyone was to take an NPC seriously and manage to befriend the person, I will play the role as the NPC seriously to the end. He or she may even join you on your travels. If you want to know whether there are any NPC in the area, just ask in OOC and I may create one or two random couple. You can do anything in this world and I will act accordingly to your actions.

And @Cody, I hope you don't mind me continuing the roleplay while we wait for your character to be created :)

Oh right, post. I'll, uh, see what I can do...

Last show was yesterday. We had 5... Q.Q

I'm back and I will have time to post on this once more. :D

EDIT: Peter Pan (Our show) was a huge success btw

Is this rp open? o;

Status
Not open for further replies.